Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I've had a hamster escape its cage before, by never by ROCKET. LOL I may have to get this. Tell me, does a caged critter add to the number on the lot? I hope not.

No. Graham said (on his Twitter page) no caged animal uses a sim spot. He said you can have all the caged animals you want.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I am going to hold back on my thoughts for now until I hear what they have to say. I think that is fair.

No, I am not wearing rose colored glasses.
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    July: The Sims 4 Summer & Winter Ep

October: The Sims 4 My First Snowman Stuff

So we get Summer (which we already have, but maybe they give us a beach) and Winter (snow) this year. And we get spring (rain) and fall (raking leaves and fog?) next year in a different expansion? Sounds about right. :s
  • Options
    SylvanGladiatorSylvanGladiator Posts: 74 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    mirta000 wrote: »
    This is so bad that now I'm playing The Sims Mobile... You know, a "wait this amount of time or pay" sort of game, because they seem less scummy about their practices and it gives me my sims fix. This has gone down a very very outrageous route. What's even funnier is that they didn't catch up on all the backlash and are not even trying to fix this.

Be very careful with that.

I posted like a month ago that I thought Sims mobile was Sims 5, and that something they might try to do is get more and more bold and experimental with Sims 4 until people get sick of it. People feel Sims 4 is going down the drain? They'll try Sims Mobile. Just like that, they're inadvertedly pushing people towards the game with the more exploitative model. They'd even be making money off of those too stubborn NOT to buy the stuff packs.

This
    I looked into mobile yesterday, I immediately decided against it. I only wanted it for when I travel (which I can't anyway because it requires internet), but the second I looked at prices for added content I said forget it. It almost seems like we are being backed into a corner here. If we all buy this new SP we're supporting this new way to nickel and dime for content, but if we boycott we may also doom the series (if EA deems it no longer profitable).

If EA wants to trash a franchise they’re going to do it anyway. It’s not our responsibility to make sure The Sims survives if EA continuously makes bad choices for it.

Especially given that in recent years, indie studios have shown they absolutely have the capacity to "revive" franchises under new names. Harvest Moon went down the drain and Stardew Valley and My Time at Portia stepped up to plate. Kingdom Come is yet another open world RPG completely out of nowhere from another indie studio, and it does a lot to mimic some more old-school mechanics that were long missing from the market.

If Sims were to be starved off by EA, better believe a new brand of life simulator is gonna rise up.

While the actual Harvest Moon is still going strong, just under a different name, I completely agree with this. A competitor is what the Sims has needed for a long time
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited March 2018
    Stuff packs basically replace the TS3 store, and I spent more money on less with that game. I'll buy this. Everything adds something new and I love the coffee table and I want minor pets.

If that's the case then i'll be waiting patiently for worlds too seeing as they're apart of the store.
    giphy.gif
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    {EA_Lanna: Quote removed}
    I feel so sorry for the gurus. They work so hard on this game and are wonderful at engaging with the community, and then they have to take all the garbage when people get angry with the decisions from EA's faceless vultures.

It's not the gurus, we all know it's not up to them. Nobody is mad at them.
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,819 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I feel so sorry for the gurus. They work so hard on this game and are wonderful at engaging with the community, and then they have to take all the garbage when people get angry with the decisions from EA's faceless vultures.

Very true. They're just doing the best they can, which may not seem like much to some, but I recognize it and thank them.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    I agree. You can't blame the Guru's. It is coming from a higher place.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Translation: "This is a stuff pack that has content that should've been included in the Cats & Dogs expansion pack, but we were too greedy to allow that to happen... so now you all need to pay an extra $10 to complete the Cats & Dogs pack!"

I'm honestly getting sick and tired of EA receiving a free pass to be greedy just because it's EA. I'm sure people will end up buying this... which will simply make EA think they can keep on ripping off their consumers (which they obviously can, since people keep letting them).

LMAO! Now we know exactly why they kept being silent on the lack of small animals in the Cats & Dogs expansion pack... and why the only responses we got from the developers were "We're just focusing on cats and dogs" and "these will be the best cats and dogs in Sims history"... it's all because they were planning to scam us all along.

2017 made me take back trust & hope for this game. But now they sell this SP, my opinion about this game is like in 2014.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    catitude5 wrote: »

Do we?

Listen, I also don't know they are behind it, but seeing this post of yours rubs me the wrong way because it implies we know these people and we're good friends with them.

We don't.
    We're not.

At the very least we know they absolutely knew about this pack and saw it's release coming, yet here it is. We also know that some are out there promoting it. Either they don't care and promote it earnestly or they're lying through their teeth about their satisfaction with it. Even if you'd argue "it's their job, of course they do that," well that's my point: their paycheck is more important to them than our satisfaction, clearly, so we can't exactly sit here and act like they're our pals or harbor no guilt whatsoever in this.

I just feel viewing them as good pals is just asking to have them try to play into your sympathies for more sales.

But you should be able to have a respectful conversation with them, despite your anger at something. I go after a situation I don't like. Not a Guru.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    This is so bad that now I'm playing The Sims Mobile... You know, a "wait this amount of time or pay" sort of game, because they seem less scummy about their practices and it gives me my sims fix. This has gone down a very very outrageous route. What's even funnier is that they didn't catch up on all the backlash and are not even trying to fix this.

I posted like a month ago that I thought Sims mobile was Sims 5, and that something they might try to do is get more and more bold and experimental with Sims 4 until people get sick of it. People feel Sims 4 is going down the drain? They'll try Sims Mobile. Just like that, they're inadvertedly pushing people towards the game with the more exploitative model. They'd even be making money off of those too stubborn NOT to buy the stuff packs.

This
    I looked into mobile yesterday, I immediately decided against it. I only wanted it for when I travel (which I can't anyway because it requires internet), but the second I looked at prices for added content I said forget it. It almost seems like we are being backed into a corner here. If we all buy this new SP we're supporting this new way to nickel and dime for content, but if we boycott we may also doom the series (if EA deems it no longer profitable).

If EA wants to trash a franchise they’re going to do it anyway. It’s not our responsibility to make sure The Sims survives if EA continuously makes bad choices for it.

Did Sim City teach you nothing? If a series gets the sells numbers EA keeps them around. If they don't EA axes them and quickly too. Not only did Sim City cease to exist - they axed it's studio in a heartbeat. It's their way or the highway. They own it and can take their toys and go home - leaving it nothing but a memory.

People got encouraged because another company made what some say is a better Sim City, and of course people are forever thinking - well this will just happen to the Sims. But think about it - even companies who have considered making this kind of game backed off because it is a very expensive and difficult game to make. On top of it Sims City still makes them money - they have the mobile version - cheaper and easier to make and it sell like hotcakes. The only people left out are players like me who liked Sims City as it was ( I am not a mobile gamer and never will be) and the other versions like Build it - not at all - City Skylines - well it's just not Sim City and it doesn't have the same feeling and attachment toward it I had for the Sim Cities I used to love.

Copies are never the same as the games we loved. I have tried other Sim like games - and I never end up liking them for very long. They are just a game - not even often a very good game, and definitely not the game I used to enjoy for so many years.

So yes - I think it is on US to keep a franchise going. I mean what company is going to keep producing something that does not any longer make them money. When it cost a company to make their game and the cost goes negative - they have to cut their loses. That's called good business sense. EA also never waits around to see if things might eventually even out - they simply destroy them.

So yes - you like the Sims - it really is up to the people who do - who use it as their escape pod from real life - to support it. Otherwise EA will drop it like a hot potato in a heart beat.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Well people said that about Sim City and now it's gone - forever...... Also it's not blackmail. You get something for your money.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    EpicSims wrote: »
    EA : “Yes, it’s happening, people.”
    Me : Okay, ya know what’s happening ??
    EA : Pet item pack, soon!
    Me : Nah, NOT BUYING is what’s happening!

I am so used to not buying stupid item packs such as this.

.... Waiting for a decent, worthy pack ....

Customers are not dumb.
    Shame on you, company!

Now I won't buy anything from TS4 if it continues like that.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    It's also annoying that they keep saying that the pack comes with four rodents. Like, no, it comes with one that has four different meshes. It's like saying the fox or raccoon are other animals when they're really not. They all play the same way. It's no different for this hamster. There's also no variety within the species. You can't change the colour of your hamster, even though in real life they come in all different designs.

Different pets would be hamsters (with or without the different meshes), birds, and reptiles, all with different interactions and habitats.

Plus, sims interact with the habitats the way they interact with babies. Pick up for a second, put them down. Pet, put away. It's boring. At least in TS3 there were hamster balls and other cute little things.

Such a ripoff.

The caged animals were always that. At least this one they have more humane cages. At most you have to agree - the pack is in the eye of the beholder. People wanted little caged creatures and more gear - the pack delivers that. It is not a rip off as you don't have to buy it, but you also cannot go around and say they never delivered things some claimed were missing.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

This

Especially given that in recent years, indie studios have shown they absolutely have the capacity to "revive" franchises under new names. Harvest Moon went down the drain and Stardew Valley and My Time at Portia stepped up to plate. Kingdom Come is yet another open world RPG completely out of nowhere from another indie studio, and it does a lot to mimic some more old-school mechanics that were long missing from the market.

If Sims were to be starved off by EA, better believe a new brand of life simulator is gonna rise up.

Hopefully, I don't have any hope for the following of this Franchise if EA is around.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

This

Did Sim City teach you nothing? If a series gets the sells numbers EA keeps them around. If they don't EA axes them and quickly too. Not only did Sim City cease to exist - they axed it's studio in a heartbeat. It's their way or the highway. They own it and can take their toys and go home - leaving it nothing but a memory.

People got encouraged because another company made what some say is a better Sim City, and of course people are forever thinking - well this will just happen to the Sims. But think about it - even companies who have considered making this kind of game backed off because it is a very expensive and difficult game to make. On top of it Sims City still makes them money - they have the mobile version - cheaper and easier to make and it sell like hotcakes. The only people left out are players like me who liked Sims City as it was ( I am not a mobile gamer and never will be) and the other versions like Build it - not at all - City Skylines - well it's just not Sim City and I doesn't have the same feeling and attachment toward it I had for the Sim Cities I used to love.

Copies are never the same as the games we loved. I have tried other Sim like games - and I never end up liking them for very long. They are just a game - not even often a very good game, and definitely not the game I used to enjoy for so many years.

So yes - I think it is on US to keep a franchise going. I mean what company is going to keep producing something that does not any longer make them money. When it cost a company to make their game and the cost goes negative - they have to cut their loses. That's called good business sense. EA also never waits around to see if things might eventually even out - they simply destroy them.

So yes - you like the Sims - it really is up to the people who do - who use it as their escape pod from real life - to support it. Otherwise EA will drop it like a hot potato in a heart beat.

Yes, I like The Sims enough to stick around awhile, and can put up with a dud or two, or undoubtedly a pack that is fine, but in which I'm simply not interested. But that road runs both ways. If they start systematically producing lower quality content, and prices continue to rise, I can drop them like a hot potato as well. There are always many choices for leisure time activities, and some of them might even be better for my health, mental stimulation, or well being.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Well people said that about Sim City and now it's gone - forever...... Also it's not blackmail. You get something for your money.

I didn't get a product that was up to my standards, tho. It wasn't up to a lot of folks' standards. Something came along that was higher quality and it sold better. So it is gone. And yet, somehow, I adapted. :)
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited March 2018

Don't feel the need to buy anything in it, nor watch adds. It is ridiculous that they offer a double bed set for 14.99£ in a mobile game, but I'm not really buying the idea that many people are buying that.

Honestly the PC game is already dead, no matter you choose to play time wasters on your phone or not. I don't see us going up from this point.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I bought everything till now and not at discounted price (I even pre-ordered some of packs, last being Cats & Dogs).
    I played Sims3 and apart Katty Perry thing I own all packs. So in other words, I am a big fan of the game.

I watched the trailer several times, just to be sure that I am not missing anything and each time I ended by raising one brow.
    One pet: a rat. That should have been in a GP with lots of other small animals.
    Lots of clothes for cats and dogs - which by the way I am not using, animals do not need clothes. They have fur. I believe only some small/very sensitive dogs may be dressed in winter time, when it's freezing. But let's say this is my game-play, not to generalize it.
    Pet beds - this is something that annoyed me, cause for 40 Euro I expected more from Cats & Dogs. Most of you will probably not agree with me, but Cats & Dogs is below my expectations, both content and game experience point of view. I feel (again) stupid that I ran out and pre-ordered. Should have waited for sales.

Even from build/buy perspective, I am not convinced. Table is nice, but that's all. Dinner set - would never use it, it looks appropriate for a dollhouse.

For me, this pack is a no-go. It is not about the price, it is about expectations. Mine are still high on what it concerns this game, and I am not willing to compromise on that.

Are you kidding? The lack of content was the biggest complaint I saw about Cats and Dogs. No doghouses (I guess they said they were cruel or something odd like that). Two pet beds. And under animations? Children unable to walk dogs despite that being in a trailer. Pet "woohoo" equaling sniffing each other's noses. I'm sure I'm leaving out a ton of examples people gave as to why they were feeling ripped off, but lack of content was a huge complaint.

That they're now *selling* a lot of the content that was most likely removed from their $40 expansion is so EA. EA is my new adjective, btw, and almost every gamer will know exactly what I mean by it.