Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flex- Pay Not Pre- Pay

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2017
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Where is our gift for pre paying for the New Dogs and Cats EP
    Then give us Flex Pay why should we Pay up front and get nothing for it
    So lets us pay 10$ down and 10 $ per month last payment due when we get the EP lol :D
    Why should we take all the risk and we can only get a 7-day refund. ?
    Yes, I can afford it if I wanted to, I just don't see the sensibleness in it. they can and will get interest payments on all the pre pay money
    So why not Flex-pay or a gift.? (Ok maybe a dumb discussion, :D but money is money, why should big business always win) rofl

Sims 4 never has really had a pre-order incentive gift - they stopped after Sims 3 was done. I have a feeling it was because a lot of players complained when they could not afford to pre-order they lost out on some good content - and felt it was unfair they couldn't have that content without pre-ordering. There were lots of people who complained in both Sims 2 and Sims 3 as some of the pre-order stuff was pretty nice.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Loanet wrote: »
    I don't want an incentive to pre-order. That's just EA getting grubby again. I'll just order when it comes out.

Anybody remember pre-ordering Sweet Treats?

I did to get those three lots - two of which were nice - the third - not so much. LOL. I actually use the ice cream shoppe and the pool lot a great deal when I am setting up teen and kid hang outs in Sims 3. Oh yeah - I have everything ever made for sims 3 including all the Dr. Pepper, t-mobile - etc content. Got all of it. LOL. Yes I am a glutton for punishment.

Actually EA has never taken the money until release day. They did use to check you card to make sure the money was there - so you saw a bank transaction but they always put it back until they released it first for all the pre-orders. I almost always got my game the day before it released or at the latest release day. It was never late with a pre-order. But that was only if you ordered from EA. Amazon used to take the money early if you pre-ordered from them or tried to anyway. The game never arrived early from Amazon. Always release day.LOL. I used to buy always from EA store but my neighbor used Amazon exclusively. She had free shipping all the time while it cost me 7 -15 bucks more from EA for shipping.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Where is our gift for pre paying for the New Dogs and Cats EP
    Then give us Flex Pay why should we Pay up front and get nothing for it
    So lets us pay 10$ down and 10 $ per month last payment due when we get the EP lol :D
    Why should we take all the risk and we can only get a 7-day refund. ?
    Yes, I can afford it if I wanted to, I just don't see the sensibleness in it. they can and will get interest payments on all the pre pay money
    So why not Flex-pay or a gift.? (Ok maybe a dumb discussion, :D but money is money, why should big business always win) rofl

Sims 4 never has really had a pre-order incentive gift - they stopped after Sims 3 was done. I have a feeling it was because a lot of players complained when they could not afford to pre-order they lost out on some good content - and felt it was unfair they couldn't have that content without pre-ordering. There were lots of people who complained in both Sims 2 and Sims 3 as some of the pre-order stuff was pretty nice.

If they had allowed the small payments until release most could then preorder. So I hope they bring the pre order gifts back and allow for smaller payments :):)
    Also, this would have people to think that EA was more people friendly and like EA a lot more.. because then they would feel they are also looking out for all their customers. Even though it would make them more money upfront. some big companies feel they are above the little person. And would never consider low payments.

@SimGuruNick Can you please help us get low payments so everyone can pre order. and get the incentive gifts back. I think it would make everyone happier.
    Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options

@Writin_Reg, I was interested in buying sims 3 packs are they still available?
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

You can buy Sims 3 packs but of course the pre-order gifts no longer exist because a pre-order gift only counted on games that were not ever released. So if it is the gift you wanted then no - plus Sims 3 is way cheaper now than when I bought them. Most Sims 3 eps were 39.99 just like Sims 4 ones are. Now you can get them for 19.99 and sometimes even less.

I doubt EA will bring back pre-order gifts in Sims - their other games have them - but people that play the sims loudly objected so - I guess we create too much noise about unfairness. LOL.

I don't recall us ever having flex pay at EA though - so I doubt they will adopt that. Reminds me of the old layaways stores used to have when I was a kid. LOL. I think making everything electronic changed incentives for those kind of things. Although it would be great for young people with more limited incomes - so I see your point for sure.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

You can buy Sims 3 packs but of course the pre-order gifts no longer exist because a pre-order gift only counted on games that were not ever released. So if it is the gift you wanted then no - plus Sims 3 is way cheaper now than when I bought them. Most Sims 3 eps were 39.99 just like Sims 4 ones are. Now you can get them for 19.99 and sometimes even less.

I doubt EA will bring back pre-order gifts in Sims - their other games have them - but people that play the sims loudly objected so - I guess we create too much noise about unfairness. LOL.

I don't recall us ever having flex pay at EA though - so I doubt they will adopt that. Reminds me of the old layaways stores used to have when I was a kid. LOL. I think making everything electronic changed incentives for those kind of things. Although it would be great for young people with more limited incomes - so I see your point for sure.

Thank you, :) I only have the base game.
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup