Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Active healthy eating toddler STILL chubby??!

R3imiuR3imiu Posts: 256 Member
:/ Despite keeping my toddler active by having her run around, dancing, having other sims teach her to dance, and/or play till her energy is in the red and healthy eating like oatmeal, yogurt, peas, salads, fruits & veggies (with the exception of her sometime taking others's food), my toddler is still getting chubby!
(im waiting to age her up in Parenthood)
[✨R3imiu's Alot of Lots Showcase✨] (forum & origin username is same: R3imiu )
a1EEcS1.gif
Me playing games like: Sims 3, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Pocket Monsters 3DS, Sims 4
⍟ᴥ⍟ i watch my sims sleep

Comments

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I never had a chubby toddler - but other people have said that theirs got chubby.

Maybe a mod causes it?
  • Options
    no mods or cc
    a1EEcS1.gif
    Me playing games like: Sims 3, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Pocket Monsters 3DS, Sims 4
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    i want a lil chubby toddler :( ive never had one
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    Another option is cheats - ie console cheats. Technically-speaking, a console cheat could cause problems if it is not updated or maintained to work within its original constraints. ie, the same way that a mod can cause side-effects.

We know foods have calories - maybe some can chubalise a toddler - possibly just working at a faster rate - perhaps food has individual values for age-groups and toddlers have something that is out of wack.
  • Options
    LunaNova wrote: »
    i want a lil chubby toddler :( ive never had one

then have them eat alot, like animal crackers, applesauce, dessert,.....
    warning tho, its a slippery slope
    a1EEcS1.gif
  • Options
    Theoretically, probably a lot of stuff can break a toddler - or anything else.

Premium items in TS3 were prone to be broken by patches - ie, some change in an update would affect them.

I wouldn't rule out a Sim flushing a particular toilet could be adding a .001 increment to the chubalisation of a toddler.
  • Options
    sekojranasekojrana Posts: 107 Member
    I only feed my sims blackened bass and stir fry cos I dont like their weight changing. It's probably boring but there's 0 calories and it fills their hunger bars right up so they don't get hungry as fast as they would eating salad, so they eat less often as well. You could try it with your toddler for a while and see if that works? Also, I find if my sims eat any quick meals at all they put weight on quickly, cos they get hungry again soon after, so I avoid those.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I would love to see a picture of a chubby toddler.
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited May 2017
    This is probably completely wrong for a toddler, but it could be down to the genetics. Have any past family members been slightly heavier on the scale? You should monitor that and start giving your toddler the meals with 0 calories.
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    sekojrana wrote: »
    I only feed my sims blackened bass and stir fry cos I dont like their weight changing. It's probably boring but there's 0 calories and it fills their hunger bars right up so they don't get hungry as fast as they would eating salad, so they eat less often as well. You could try it with your toddler for a while and see if that works? Also, I find if my sims eat any quick meals at all they put weight on quickly, cos they get hungry again soon after, so I avoid those.

Do you have a list of the calories?

aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited May 2017
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Another option is cheats - ie console cheats. Technically-speaking, a console cheat could cause problems if it is not updated or maintained to work within its original constraints. ie, the same way that a mod can cause side-effects.

We know foods have calories - maybe some can chubalise a toddler - possibly just working at a faster rate - perhaps food has individual values for age-groups and toddlers have something that is out of wack.

Well, it would help if some of the adult Sims in the household wouldn't give the toddler 'chips' when hungry! I too have had more than one chubby toddler. :'( Out of my own three children in RL, only one was chubby. But, like his pediatrician suggested, in a few short years he turned into a string bean.

My current third child in my favorite family is the very first toddler to max his skills. He's chubby, despite how he runs on his little twinkle toes! LOL I don't think he ever turns food down, even when his hunger bar is full. :open_mouth: I, too, am awaiting the new GP before I age him up. He's just too cute for now.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    TsukihasbeenhereTsukihasbeenhere Posts: 46 Member
    Lowkey didn't even realize the weights of the toddlers might me different. A little dumb moment I guess! Taking a look at my triplets I'm currently playing with, all of them seem to be on the medium side, the middle girl a little more chubby than her brother and sister. I always give my kids sandwiches and yogurt but I've never seen any sort of weight gain or loss if I deviate from the diet.

Have you tried only giving her water to drink? Not like, a water-only diet but not giving her juices or milk. That might help.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    I want to see a picture
  • Options
    Having said that - this all makes me want to force-feed a toddler just to see how big they can get - ie stuff their face with garbage - even if the toddler throws a tantrum because it is full and doesn't want to eat.

Right, I know what I am going to do now.
  • Options
    Do we know what the most fattening food is?
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Having said that - this all makes me want to force-feed a toddler just to see how big they can get - ie stuff their face with garbage - even if the toddler throws a tantrum because it is full and doesn't want to eat.

Right, I know what I am going to do now.

Plopppo please post a picture. I wish to see but don't have it in me to be so cruel xD
  • Options
    Wait a minute - you can simply chubalise them in CAS.

They are quite fat around the belly.

Heh, heh, their legs get chubby too.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I'm pretty sure toddlers don't even have a weight bar...
  • Options
    You can fatten them right up in CAS - they have a body slider.
  • Options
    angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    edited May 2017
    Simanite wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure toddlers don't even have a weight bar...
    That's what I thought as well.
    They do have have three different body styles / sizes to choose from in CAS.
    I've never noticed my todds gain / lose weight otherwise.
  • Options
    sekojranasekojrana Posts: 107 Member
    megiare wrote: »
    sekojrana wrote: »

Do you have a list of the calories?

This post from carl's forums has a list, I tried to link the exact post, but you may have to scroll down a bit if it didn't work. Its hard to miss though, you won't have trouble finding it lol

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=22051.msg392533#msg392533
  • Options
    image.jpg
    This.
  • Options
    Untitled.png
    This too.
  • Options
    They certainly do have a body slider - you can pre-fatten them in CAS.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I think I had one chubby toddler and I believe she was fed too many bottles as a baby. When she aged up she was chubby. I was wonder how of if they could lose weight without cheats?? lol