Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

so does the ancoument of sims moble make it better that no info about the new game came out today.

Comments

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Pegasys wrote: »
    I am complaining about the mobile game... from my mobile. I wouldn't care if it was Freeplay Reloaded, but making us pay for what mobile app users will get for free, and then nickel & diming mobile users AGAIN, is double dipping plain and simple. They are rehashing the same content at a lower quality and being paid twice. If that wasn't enough of a slap to the face... they have sewing and other things we've requested. It's like they keep trying to find as many ways to alienate their fan base as possible.

Woe be to the simmer who has both desktop and mobile games. You just put the guru's children through college.

This statement is contradictory. You're upset that it's "for free," but then upset that they'll be "nickel & diming" mobile users.

Not at all. Free to Play is never fully free. They are porting the same items from TS4 that we paid for, and then mobile users will pay for that game as well through microtransactions. (Hence, double-dipping.)

Porting is easier than building from scratch, especially since the TS4 platform was created with the mobile game in mind since its inception. So EA gets paid twice for the same work, and a little rework.

Not possible. That is a mobile app - the most they can do is copy they design - you can't just plop into an app content from a pc game. The artists just remake the content in app programming - not a big deal.

As long as I get the pc version - I really am not concerned with any app. As I said EA has been doing that for years now - but because you didn't know about it apparently - you didn't feel like it was threatening. I used to worry it would replaced the Sims for pc when EA first started making Sims apps - but eventually saw we were still getting both so stopped fretting about it. Last count I knew of EA has 189 apps on their mobile game list - most are app forms of their other games and they still make all the regular versions as well.

I think most people are ticked off because of the quality of the content we are getting for TS4 PC. Watered down EP's, LESS EP's a year, more Stuff Packs, Less substantial content. etc.etc.etc.

Why focus on a Mobile game when there is so much room left to improve the Sims 4 and it's content.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with a Mobile version of TS4 at all, if the PC game had substantial quality content, which in my opinion hasn't. They just seem to have a really weird way of setting priorities at the Studio, and that's what's bothering me, and I assume also many others.
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    it made me mad and it didn't come out in world wide either only one country has it. it also makes me mad that there is no news on the family pack other then its gonna have teens getting acne
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    The mobile game is the announced replacement for the Freeplay game no? I mean, we knew this sort of thing was coming for awhile. Moreover, the mobile team is certainly separate from the Sims 4 team. I wouldn't anticipate this having any impact on DLC development for the core title. Hearthstone mobile didn't hinder Hearthstone's development. Fallout Shelter didn't hinder Fallout 4. Relax.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    Wait, we have a sim mobile ?? I thought TS4 was that sim mobile :p
    I always think it is for a very long time......
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,528 Member
    *Climbs a tree*

Holy cats, the angry mob is back!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    The more I think about the mobile app, the more annoyed I get. They put gameplay objects such as toddlers, the doctor career, and restaurants in the app, things that we waited years to get and spent hundreds of dollars on, and suddenly it's all available in one silly phone app. And what frustrated me even more, is that the app looked like it had some new content that the Sims 4 PC game doesn't have yet, such as a the fashion career, a *real* family tree, and certain social interactions such as "confess affair." It looks to me like they put more effort into making these stupid apps than creating new content for the Sims 4. I thought the Sims 4 was getting better, but this makes me question that. I think EA is totally clueless about what Sim fans want. It makes me afraid that if there is a Sims 5, it will only be a mobile app!
  • Options
    dancenow13dancenow13 Posts: 160 Member
    I'm just annoyed that the mobile game has things like a fashion career, and the actual PC version doesn't! As well as the fact that the video clearly shows that the furniture is a mix of objects from different packs which we've had to pay for separately.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
    Here is a thought. It was confirmed you can't create spouses in cas.
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    I feel like the only people who would be interested in a mobile version of the sims are people who can't buy real sims games because they can't afford a good enough PC.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I'm really mad we're not getting information for the TS4 Pc, the waiting times are way too long and i'm really losing my interest in TS4, the fact they released information about a mobile version of TS4 makes me even angrier..
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited May 2017
    bixters wrote: »
    The more I think about the mobile app, the more annoyed I get. They put gameplay objects such as toddlers, the doctor career, and restaurants in the app, things that we waited years to get and spent hundreds of dollars on, and suddenly it's all available in one silly phone app. And what frustrated me even more, is that the app looked like it had some new content that the Sims 4 PC game doesn't have yet, such as a the fashion career, a *real* family tree, and certain social interactions such as "confess affair." It looks to me like they put more effort into making these plum apps than creating new content for the Sims 4. I thought the Sims 4 was getting better, but this makes me question that. I think EA is totally clueless about what Sim fans want. It makes me afraid that if there is a Sims 5, it will only be a mobile app!

This is exactly my problem with Ts Mobile. I never cared for sims mobile games (I downloaded FreePlay once and got frustrated so fast I almost threw my phone out the window). And I wouldn't care about Ts Mobile either if it were just another separate silly game developed by an external team. But this time around they have ripped most of the content from Ts4 base, expansions and game packs (including spas, yoga, restaurants, djs, active careers etc. Stuff we had to wait for and pay for) AND they have even added more features we've long been waiting for (new socials, being chef, being a barista, fashion career, family portraits, etc.).

So, to me, it seems they can release a complete base game for free if it's for mobile users. But for the rest of us, well, we have to do with a barebones base (god, it was so barebones) and wait for years until they add back content (instead of developing a complete base and then add NEW stuff that has never been done in the franchise). That shows where their priorities are.
    Post edited by Pixelsimmer on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
    I watched SimVip doing some gameplay on it. It doesn't look that bad.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member

It looks nice because it's a watered down version of Ts4. But the gameplay seems to be Freeplay all over again
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I guess if you were interested in the mobile game, then it might be a substitute. But as I am not interested, it was a little sad not to see the family GP announced today. Oh well hopefully next week.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member

Same but SimsVIP when she was playing it looked kinda draining doing the same tasks again and again to level up and unlock new things. repetitive.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,299 Member
    kokoro80 wrote: »
    I feel like the only people who would be interested in a mobile version of the sims are people who can't buy real sims games because they can't afford a good enough PC.

This is a misconception held by a lot of people. I have a brand new computer capable of playing the most graphic intensive game and I still like to play my mobile games. I'm sure it applies for some but for many it's simply a different form of gaming that doesn't require you to sit behind a PC screen.

These figures are from 2015 so they've probably increased.

Americans have adopted video gaming as a source of on-the-go entertainment, not just while at home in front of a gaming console. New research from Mintel reveals that mobile devices are the most popular platform for gaming, with half of Americans (47 percent) playing video games on mobile devices, compared to dedicated gaming consoles (36 percent). What is more, smartphones (39 percent) are the most often played mobile device compared to tablets (29 percent) and handheld gaming systems (11 percent). High usage of mobile devices for gaming is in line with Mintel research that shows the majority of Americans who play video games play on at least two different devices (76 percent).

Mobile gaming’s popularity is largely driven by free games, as nearly a third of consumers (31 percent) only play free video games. However, the industry remains profitable with adult gamers’ median monthly willingness to spend on video games at $52. An additional one fifth (19 percent) of adults are willing to spend more than $60 per month on video games.

http://www.mintel.com/press-centre/technology-press-centre/gamers-gone-mobile-half-of-americans-play-video-games-on-mobile-devices

• Options
    NamikoKawaNamikoKawa Posts: 64 Member
    I'm not angry I found this out by accident on youtube... decided to look a the form... oddly it's the sims 4 mobile style. I just hope they give us new careers in The Sims 4 pc game and maybe a new world for free... Then I'd have no reason to get angry at all.
  • Options
    NamikoKawaNamikoKawa Posts: 64 Member
    > @NamikoKawa said:
    > I'm not angry I found this out by accident on youtube... decided to look a the form... oddly it's the sims 4 mobile style. I just hope they give us new careers in The Sims 4 pc game and maybe a new world for free... Then I'd have no reason to get angry at all.

Oh and longer hairstyles I'm tired of that short hair they are calling long hair....
  • Options
    anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »

I don't exactly know why but this is just way too funny to me.
    Yeah, let's award them for creating another cheap cashgrab that has minimum effort put into it to justify calling it a new game.
    It's FreePlay with a TS4 skin, wow you've really outdone yourself Maxis mobile team. Guess we'll give you our announcement spot for the new family GP because who cares about that stuff amirite ?

Come on guys, let's spread some :heartbreak: !

On the bright side, this suggests that they are ready to announce new information, hopefully a full trailer, on the Sims Family pack.

Don;t really understand why it would be unfair to the sims mobile team though, surely it would have been better marketing to do a pre-announcement that both the GP team and Sims mobile team have something exciting coming up? I feel like us PC players would have been less negative about the pack if we had a Sims Family announcement to discuss; and it would allow mobile players to be excited about their game just as much without too much conflict? Idk. Interesting choices lol
  • Options
    PoppenPoppen Posts: 85 Member
    To be honest they can make a thousand sims mobile apps, I dont care, good luck with that and all. But for some reason it annoys me that its more or less the same game, so now you can have the base game, expansion packs, gamepacks, stuffpacks and new extra features like fashion career and being a rockstar all in one. Things we had to wait for and still have to wait for. Wauw I do feel like my loyalty is being rewarded. Im normally an EA apolegist, but this really. I dont even care about the family gamepack anymore, im leaving the hypetrain and joining the other side.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I mean for me personally I'm confused, disappointed and slightly irritated about the new game and the announcement as a whole. We had all of this anticipation for news about GP5 and I mean practically everyone is on the edge of their seats waiting and then the news hits and it literally took a left turn. I honestly don't think anyone was expecting this nor do I think anyone really asked for this. Not saying that people won't appreciate or like this game I'm just saying it's kind of...random?
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2017
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    I mean for me personally I'm confused, disappointed and slightly irritated about the new game and the announcement as a whole. We had all of this anticipation for news about GP5 and I mean practically everyone is on the edge of their seats waiting and then the news hits and it literally took a left turn. I honestly don't think anyone was expecting this nor do I think anyone really asked for this. Not saying that people won't appreciate or like this game I'm just saying it's kind of...random?

Perhaps you missed when Sims 3 got it's mobile counter part or the Sims 3 mideval too - other wise I am sure it would not have bothered most of you when Sims 4 got it's mobile counterpart. I believe I felt a bit like some of you display when Sims 3 got it's mobile counterpart and on top of it had Sims games on facebook as well. I can't for the life of me figure out why I was so annoyed when they happened. Maybe I thought my pc version of the game was in jeopardy or something. But eventually go past it when it had no affect on my game. I sort of expected it eventually for Sims 4 too - seeing they have been doing this kind of things since around 2009 maybe earlier, it was when I noticed it anyway.. Medieval s even came out literally weeks of the pc version in 2011.

Could it be just because they never put the mobile outside of Freeplay on our forum - why it disturbs you all so much now - this go around? It's no big deal and did not at all affect it's pc versions games in the least. Maybe they should go back to leaving the mobile versions on EA's forums then pc / Mac simmers would feel less intimidated.

Of course I doubt that will happen seeing EA combined all the Maxis studios under one banner and why we see them now. I just wonder if they are going to move over the other Sims mobile games here as well. Probably would make sense to.

I will add sometime I still feel a bit intimidated when a new Sims mobile comes out as I ever worry about my pc version. I am far from ever wanting the pc Sims to stop for sure, so I am sure that is always in the back of my head - what with them having a mobile and an audience.

I say just enjoy the game of your choice and don't worry about the rest. The head of EA's CEO gave our Sims 4 nice recognition and inspiration during yesterdays conference call - so our Sims are in a good place right now anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2017
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I am complaining about the mobile game... from my mobile. I wouldn't care if it was Freeplay Reloaded, but making us pay for what mobile app users will get for free, and then nickel & diming mobile users AGAIN, is double dipping plain and simple. They are rehashing the same content at a lower quality and being paid twice. If that wasn't enough of a slap to the face... they have sewing and other things we've requested. It's like they keep trying to find as many ways to alienate their fan base as possible.

Woe be to the simmer who has both desktop and mobile games. You just put the guru's children through college.

This statement is contradictory. You're upset that it's "for free," but then upset that they'll be "nickel & diming" mobile users.

Not at all. Free to Play is never fully free. They are porting the same items from TS4 that we paid for, and then mobile users will pay for that game as well through microtransactions. (Hence, double-dipping.)

Porting is easier than building from scratch, especially since the TS4 platform was created with the mobile game in mind since its inception. So EA gets paid twice for the same work, and a little rework.

Not possible. That is a mobile app - the most they can do is copy they design - you can't just plop into an app content from a pc game. The artists just remake the content in app programming - not a big deal.

As long as I get the pc version - I really am not concerned with any app. As I said EA has been doing that for years now - but because you didn't know about it apparently - you didn't feel like it was threatening. I used to worry it would replaced the Sims for pc when EA first started making Sims apps - but eventually saw we were still getting both so stopped fretting about it. Last count I knew of EA has 189 apps on their mobile game list - most are app forms of their other games and they still make all the regular versions as well.

I think most people are ticked off because of the quality of the content we are getting for TS4 PC. Watered down EP's, LESS EP's a year, more Stuff Packs, Less substantial content. etc.etc.etc.

Why focus on a Mobile game when there is so much room left to improve the Sims 4 and it's content.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with a Mobile version of TS4 at all, if the PC game had substantial quality content, which in my opinion hasn't. They just seem to have a really weird way of setting priorities at the Studio, and that's what's bothering me, and I assume also many others.

People cannot blame the mobile on less eps - that went into affect after the CEO ordered all the departments that there will be no more rushed or unfinished games going out of any of their studios. He wanted all the studios to make the expansions indepth, complete, etc and to spend more quality time on them. EA's CEO spoke and as one of EA's studios - they had to listen so now they can take a a year or more on each ep. To take up the slack and still give us game play while waiting they allowed the stuff packs to contain game play instead of just stuff. (Think about it - This CEO is about the players not all about the money EA makes).

But Maxis has to do what EA orders and why wouldn't you all not want better eps - with better animations and more indepth play? So what we get 1 a year of a better ep than 2 half done eps a year.I say it is a win-win for the player. I can tell you seeing what the devs can do - thanks to toddlers and the Vamps - I am really eager to see what the next ep delivers - but yeah done as well as vamps and toddlers - I am happy to wait. I like this CEO's thinking -personally because this CEO is for the player not all about EA. Less eps made way better is far more desireable to me than just more eps.

The devs showed us they can be amazing - I say give them a chance to deliver.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

People cannot blame the mobile on less eps - that went into affect after the CEO ordered all the departments that there will be no more rushed or unfinished games going out of any of their studios. He wanted all the studios to make the expansions indepth, complete, etc and to spend more quality time on them. EA's CEO spoke and as one of EA's studios - they had to listen so now they can take a a year or more on each ep. To take up the slack and still give us game play while waiting they allowed the stuff packs to contain game play instead of just stuff. (Think about it - This CEO is about the players not all about the money EA makes).

But Maxis has to do what EA orders and why wouldn't you all not want better eps - with better animations and more indepth play? So what we get 1 a year of a better ep than 2 half done eps a year.I say it is a win-win for the player. I can tell you seeing what the devs can do - thanks to toddlers and the Vamps - I am really eager to see what the next ep delivers - but yeah done as well as vamps and toddlers - I am happy to wait. I like this CEO's thinking -personally because this CEO is for the player not all about EA. Less eps made way better is far more desireable to me than just more eps.

The devs showed us they can be amazing - I say give them a chance to deliver.

Youre joking right?