Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want to see in the new Family GP?

Comments

• Options
    NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    Well i hope to see Preteens and visitable schools or universities. But that would be more suitable for a full Addon.

Actually i think this Game Pack will resolve around the drawing skill. I dont see much of a hint on Family Stuff, even thou i would like to.
    Also the person at the table to the right is scaled smaller if you compare the table to the child table on the left you can see that the whole picture was scaled down.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I hope this pack is purely family based, by that I mean more fleshed out ages and interactions between the ages. In generations they added things like prom, school clubs, the imaginary friend, the chemistry table, etc. I like all these things but these are more indirect family related things, I really hope that the developers focus on the immediate family and features that make a family, interactions, pranks, child barriers, family related traits, family activities, etc.

With the excellent job they did on vampires, a brand new life state in TS4, I'm really excited to see what they can do with already existing life states and how they will flesh them out even more.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I hope someday we can have a pack based on dysfunctional interactions among family members such as "Get Husband Fired From Job via fake phone call about peeping Sim" "Smash Husband With Plate To Get Him To Appreciate The Dish She Made Him" "Switch Brothers Shampoo with Bleach for a blonding moment", "Feel Sad About Dropping The Soap" moodlet, "Add Wax To Floors So Family Members Can Fall Before The End of Summer", "Switch Sister's Homework With A Newspaper So She Can Get An F" and so on......:) After all Simmers nothing bonds a family more then negative consequences cheers!
  • Options
    aiexaiex Posts: 103 Member
    Nelus wrote: »
    Well i hope to see Preteens and visitable schools or universities. But that would be more suitable for a full Addon.

Actually i think this Game Pack will resolve around the drawing skill. I dont see much of a hint on Family Stuff, even thou i would like to.
    Also the person at the table to the right is scaled smaller if you compare the table to the child table on the left you can see that the whole picture was scaled down.

@Nelus Well, the icon for the GP is a picture of a family. So, I would hope that that's what the GP would revolve around!
  • Options
    EmmaNijiEmmaNiji Posts: 102 Member
    Let's see, I have a pretty long list but I think most of it is perfectly doable within the limits of a GP:

1. Toddlers
    - I think this is currently the most fully fledged age group so no major change here.
    - Kindergarten/daycare as a new lot type which attracts families with toddlers + the ability for our sims to open their own daycare either at home or in a community venue.
    - More CAS items for toddlers
    - Pushchairs / prams
    - I know this is random but I'd also LOVE a tea set for toddlers so they can play tea party.

2. Kids
    Basically let kids be KIDS:
    - imaginary friends
    - Tree houses
    - More physical games: tag, cops and robbers, hopscotch, skipping rope,
    - costume chest and playing pretend in groups
    - Sleepovers
    - Pranks (prank calls, ding don ditch, etc)
    - Boundaries: ability to set curfew (per family), and ability to ground children.
    - Take your children to work day for those who have GtW

3. Teens
    Basically, differentiate teens from adults.
    - exclusive traits for teens (that they can grow out of when they become adults)
    - mood swings
    - Acne
    - "Firsts" have a long-lasting effect: first kiss for example. Your sim should remember who was their first kiss.
    - Crushes and general ackwardness lol
    - Prom (as an active party in a special venue)
    - ability to run away from home if they're unhappy.
    - Boundaries: same as children but teens also have the ability to sneak out.

Bonus: if they add preteens too I'd just die of happiness and forgive them for all the things in this list that they'll probably forget about lol

4. Adults
    Not much of a change here but I'd love it if they added more CaS options to create middle aged sims (layerable wrinkles, graying hair in all colors and not only brown, etc).

5. Elders
    I think elders will need their own SP one day, but for the moment I'd be happy with:
    - walking canes
    - knitting and bingo
    - Canning station (because why not)
    - newspapers (I know this may seem random here but I really do want newspapers back)
    - Ability for grandparents to babysit
    - wills and inheritance

6. General
    - overhaul of the memory system
    - Family portraits
    - Gift giving
    - New social event: family reunion

yes yes yes yes yes yes. totally agree.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,464 Member
    Proms
    Slowdancing
    Gift Giving
    Pillow Fighting
    Play Catch
    Shower Woohoo
    In Bed Animations
    Wedding Veils
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,464 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    Why does everyone assume that this is going to be a family GP at all? Don't want to sound too negative, because I would always appreciate a family pack, but according to how it looked in the teaser, it could also be a hobby themed pack, or did I miss something?

Anyway, IF it's going to be a family game pack, I would like to see:

- more things for teens to do that seperate them more from Young Adults. I always liked the grounding system introduced with TS3 Generations, it could be reintroduced but not so buggy like it was left in TS3. Parents could have the ability to ground their teens if they are mean to siblings, stay outside for too long or if their grades are really bad. However, the interactions to ground shouldn't be autonomous, because in real life, not all parents would ground their kids for the same things. It would be neat if we could choose if we have "cool" parents or "strict" parents. And please, not this stuff like You've been grounded, you're not allowed to go to school! :D
    - Teens could go to prom, or not if they don't want to. It could be like in GTW, where we could follow them if we want to.
    - more activites for kids, like playing tag, imaginary friends, boarding schools the way like in TS2, and swings! I miss swings, I can't understand why it isn't in the base game anyway.
    - more stuff for elders. I can't think of anything at the moment, but there must be something that they could do besides waiting for grimmy.

edit: Oh, and please a free patch with pre-teens and memories! :D

• Options
    RyanOvergrowthRyanOvergrowth Posts: 42 Member
    Let's see, I have a pretty long list but I think most of it is perfectly doable within the limits of a GP:

1. Toddlers
    - I think this is currently the most fully fledged age group so no major change here.
    - Kindergarten/daycare as a new lot type which attracts families with toddlers + the ability for our sims to open their own daycare either at home or in a community venue.
    - Pushchairs / prams
    - I know this is random but I'd also LOVE a tea set for toddlers so they can play tea party.

2. Kids
    - imaginary friends
    - Tree houses
    - Sleepovers
    - Boundaries: ability to set curfew (per family), and ability to ground children.

3. Teens
    - exclusive traits for teens (that they can grow out of when they become adults)
    - mood swings
    - Acne
    - "Firsts" have a long-lasting effect: first kiss for example. Your sim should remember who was their first kiss.

Bonus: if they add preteens too I'd just die of happiness and forgive them for all the things in this list that they'll probably forget about lol

4. Adults
    Not much of a change here but I'd love it if they added more CaS options to create middle aged sims (layerable wrinkles, graying hair in all colors and not only brown, etc).

5. Elders
    I think elders will need their own SP one day, but for the moment I'd be happy with:
    - walking canes
    - knitting and bingo
    - newspapers (I know this may seem random here but I really do want newspapers back)
    - wills and inheritance

6. General
    - Family portraits
    - Gift giving

I really like all of these ideas! It seems like people are hoping this GP adds more depth to all life-stages, and who doesn't want that? From speculation, this feels like it could turn out as more of a Generations-style GP; I was hoping we would get a lot of this stuff in free patches but I guess this would make it all available immediately. I hope it isn't a carbon-copy of Generations, but we also know nothing about this pack so it could be anything.

I will say that I don't understand the community fixation on 'preteens'. I always thought that children were preteen, and I feel that there are more important things to add to the game (like fleshing out of current life stages) than adding in another empty life-stage. It also makes the Sims lives lopsided to be younger for longer - 5 life stages for a young baby/child/teen with 3 for adults? That seems a bit much. I guess people want to address the similarity in height, but preteens were always mentioned on TS3 forum as well. I know that younger people go through more development which slows down later in life but preteens just sounds excessive to what is already in game.
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Whilst all of these ideas are brilliant, I hope that the GP focuses on family gameplay. There needs to be differentiation between family members and roommates. I hope the GP works on family interactions and whims. Maybe have gameplay on sibling rivalry and rebelling against parents and parents being able to impose curfews, grounding (make parents caregivers to both teens and kids.)
    Playground and objects would be amazing but they might lend themselves better off in another SP.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I hope we will get the cursor for choose the time life of our sims for example 32 days for young adult etc.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,414 Member
    I hope someday we can have a pack based on dysfunctional interactions among family members such as "Get Husband Fired From Job via fake phone call about peeping Sim" "Smash Husband With Plate To Get Him To Appreciate The Dish She Made Him" "Switch Brothers Shampoo with Bleach for a blonding moment", "Feel Sad About Dropping The Soap" moodlet, "Add Wax To Floors So Family Members Can Fall Before The End of Summer", "Switch Sister's Homework With A Newspaper So She Can Get An F" and so on......:) After all Simmers nothing bonds a family more then negative consequences cheers!
    I think my eyes lit up when reading this. Deviant much, who knows.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,646 Member
    Hopefully Preteens it's a new life stage that I never seen in game because I never played Sims Free play I would so love for this life stage in the game if it is it will most likely top my favorite game of the series and that's Sims 2. Sims 4 already brought out content that was never before in game like the yoga, hand and feet massage, the cafe. I would really like preteens.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    EmmaNiji wrote: »

1. Toddlers
    - Pushchairs / prams

2. Kids
    - imaginary friends
    - Tree houses
    - Sleepovers

3. Teens
    - mood swings
    - Acne

4. Adults

5. Elders
    - walking canes
    - knitting and bingo
    - wills and inheritance

6. General
    - Family portraits
    - Gift giving

yes yes yes yes yes yes. totally agree.

I second the yes yes yes yes yes yes. totally agree.

I'm on board with all of these ideas!
  • Options
    applehartapplehart Posts: 83 Member
    Just please give teens some tlc

Remember when they said teens would have mood swings? Yeah..

I'm curious about all these pre-release ideas they had that got scrapped. Does anybody have a resource that shows some of those ideas? I was out of the loop when the Sims 4 buzz was happening and I didn't see any of the news prior to release.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Gameplay
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,360 Member
    No specific wants here except perhaps for homeschooling.
    In general I want stuff and interactions that I can use whenever I want. NO autonomous grounding, NO curfew and NO lifestage specific behaviour that kicks in autonomously. (I don't see the need for grounding options anyway. If I want that, then I have my adult sim call the younger sim to it's room and lock the door. Done.)
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    kcking2371kcking2371 Posts: 39 Member
    OK, so I'm kinda stoked about a Family GP, because I don't really like leaving my lot due to the loading screen, so 90% of the time I stay home. I also like to build my family trees, and see how far I can get certain facial features and what not...There is a few things I hope to see, for each life state. So here we go... :smile:

Buy Items-
    -
    Gameplay-
    -More aspirations.
    -More rewards.
    -Slow dancing.
    -Take pictures with any age.

Toddlers/Children-
    -More CAS items, but I'm prettttty sure that's going to happen.
    -Outdoor activities. (Sandbox/playground, etc.)
    -Time outs.
    -Strollers.

Teens-
    -Their own aspirations, children have their own, and I feel like it would make playing them more interesting, cause lets be real, why do they have the same as adults when they can't even complete most of them.
    -Their own skills.
    -Prom. (I usually take pictures of them and a date in formal, but it would still be neat)
    -Sneaking out.
    -THEIR OWN CAS!!! (I don't want my t-ya-a-s to all be able to wear the same clothes ?!?!
    -Maybe a popularity tracker like ts3 had. (geek/jock)

YA/Adults-
    -Midlife Crisis.
    -More Jobs.

Elders-
    -CAS items specificity for them.
    -Their own skills/aspirations

I just really hope they can do something so Teens and Elders have their own unique life stages, more than anything.

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Baby shower, playmat. I want kids and toddlers jump on the beds/couch, toboggans, gliders, pillow fight, sandbox, tape-🐸🐸🐸🐸 (I don't know if we can say that in English for this equipment of game for kids), out-of-school activities (dance, sport, theater). Teens with acne, swing mood, curfew. I want activities for olders sewing etc. And can choose the days of the life of each lifestage.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,646 Member
    I also want to see strollers for the toddlers especially when they are out and about.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    Babies:
    Unleash them
    Toddlers:
    - More clothing hair
    - Outdoor activities like a sandbox swing and a slide.
    Kids:
    -Games they can play together like tag pillow fights.
    - A tree house
    - Bunk beds
    - Misbehave tantrums or what ever enough with perfect children
    Teens:
    - Acne
    - New personality traits like the toddlers but teen themed (Jock) (Rebel) (Nerd) and so on
    - Sneak out of the house
    YA-Adult:
    - New parenting rules set by the player
    Elders:
    -Canes
    - A new walk style
    - When I was your age lecture for the grandkids
    - Option to babysit grandkids if they live in a separate house.

Other:
    Family Pictures

For the patch:
    Updated family tree that shows step parent, boyfriend/girlfriend and what ever else is missing.
    Preteens
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The teen sitting at the one tile desk is a girl and it might imply home schooling. Has anyone noticed the crafty look of the clothes? Is Dad's beard new? Don't we already have a child's drawing table or is this new one for a toddler? Can we hang finger paintings on the cloud board? I don't think they will ever add another life stage, but if they did, it would be in a patch, not a pack, so everyone can get them for free.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,545 Member
    Overhaul of teens.
    Whatever the solution is, younger looking teens, pre-teens, anything besides the 19 and 7/8 going on 20 age stage we have now.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I also want to see strollers for the toddlers especially when they are out and about.

I would love it if we could have toddler clubs.
    Hell, I'd settle for being able to add a toddler to a club period, so I could have npc familis take their toddlers out of the house in the background, so my own toddlers can meet kids their own age without me specifically having to take my toddler out to visit them.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Has anyone tried to create a baby sitters club? Have your teen start a club of kids or toddlers and "babysit" them? If toddlers can't be a part of a club, maybe they could add it to the family pack.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Sorry for being MIA the last few months, friends, life has been very hectic for me lately, so... I took a 2-month break from the game, but now I'm here again, all excited for the upcoming GP. :D

Some things I'd love to see in the upcoming Family GP are:
    -Shower WooHoo
    -Bunk Beds
    -Tree Houses
    -Baby/Toddler Strollers
    -Toddler Walkers
    -Toddler Playgrounds
    -Tweens (yes, please!)
    -More Baby Interactions
    -More Teen Interactions
    -PlantSim Babies (please!)

Just some ideas, even though most of them have already been mentioned by other Simmers here. Happy Simming, everyone!