Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want to see in the new Family GP?

Comments

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I want too coocker for kids and can sell them.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Teen fix.
    Otherwise I'm not sure what to expect till the trailer, but hopefully it will make family life as enriching as toddlers are.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,653 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I also want to see strollers for the toddlers especially when they are out and about.

I would love it if we could have toddler clubs.
    plum, I'd settle for being able to add a toddler to a club period, so I could have npc familis take their toddlers out of the house in the background, so my own toddlers can meet kids their own age without me specifically having to take my toddler out to visit them.

Yup love the club idea.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    First and foremost: GHOST BABBIES

Okay, now that iv'e gotten that out the way:

Babies:
    - Babies untied from bassinet
    - Changing station (babies and possibly toddlers)
    - Cribs! (I can't believe we still haven't gotten them)
    - Milk maker thingy (like in TS2)
    - Baby clothes!

Toddlers:
    - Playpens
    - Daycares
    - Toys!
    - Clothes/hair

Children:
    - Prep school (like in TS2)
    - Clothes/Hair
    - C2C activities like tag
    - New skill building objects

Teens:
    - While the teens we have now aren't much of an issue to me, i'd love to see the life stage revamped to make it more unique.
    - Curfew
    - Proms
    - Ability to throw parties

General Stuffs:
    - Shower Woohoo
    - Funerals
    - Graveyards
    - Bunkbeds
    - New town????? (I would love a contemporary suburban town)
    - Expanded familial relationships (step dad, step mom, etc)
  • Options
    thesims4queenthesims4queen Posts: 45 Member
    Let's see, I have a pretty long list but I think most of it is perfectly doable within the limits of a GP:

1. Toddlers
    - I think this is currently the most fully fledged age group so no major change here.
    - Kindergarten/daycare as a new lot type which attracts families with toddlers + the ability for our sims to open their own daycare either at home or in a community venue.
    - More CAS items for toddlers
    - Pushchairs / prams
    - I know this is random but I'd also LOVE a tea set for toddlers so they can play tea party.

2. Kids
    Basically let kids be KIDS:
    - imaginary friends
    - Tree houses
    - More physical games: tag, cops and robbers, hopscotch, skipping rope,
    - costume chest and playing pretend in groups
    - Sleepovers
    - Pranks (prank calls, ding don ditch, etc)
    - Boundaries: ability to set curfew (per family), and ability to ground children.
    - Take your children to work day for those who have GtW

3. Teens
    Basically, differentiate teens from adults.
    - exclusive traits for teens (that they can grow out of when they become adults)
    - mood swings
    - Acne
    - "Firsts" have a long-lasting effect: first kiss for example. Your sim should remember who was their first kiss.
    - Crushes and general ackwardness lol
    - Prom (as an active party in a special venue)
    - ability to run away from home if they're unhappy.
    - Boundaries: same as children but teens also have the ability to sneak out.

Bonus: if they add preteens too I'd just die of happiness and forgive them for all the things in this list that they'll probably forget about lol

4. Adults
    Not much of a change here but I'd love it if they added more CaS options to create middle aged sims (layerable wrinkles, graying hair in all colors and not only brown, etc).

5. Elders
    I think elders will need their own SP one day, but for the moment I'd be happy with:
    - walking canes
    - knitting and bingo
    - Canning station (because why not)
    - newspapers (I know this may seem random here but I really do want newspapers back)
    - Ability for grandparents to babysit
    - wills and inheritance

6. General
    - overhaul of the memory system
    - Family portraits
    - Gift giving
    - New social event: family reunion

• Options
    MangosimscreationsMangosimscreations Posts: 38 Member
    BUNKBEDS
    Me too!

Visit my blog and my showroom join me in Twitter !
  • Options
    MangosimscreationsMangosimscreations Posts: 38 Member
    Hello! I would like, cars, bunkbed, umbrellas, bikes, and schools
    Visit my blog and my showroom join me in Twitter !
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Serious questions guys

Why do some of you want preteens? What will they do differently from children and teens? Is it because you want the teenagers at a different height and this is the only way to get it done?

Some have mentioned teens being unique or revamped. What would you change? @Neia mentioned building on the life stage. If I am understanding, the teen starts out one way and grows up and out of it at the end of the life stage. This peaked my interest. Outside of Prom, the height difference, acne, punishment, runaway and sneaking out, they feel pretty much the same as teens in the other iteration to me. The height and adult clothing is the only thing that makes them feel more adult.

In Sims 2, I didn't play the teen life state too often because I sent them to college right away. Sims 3, I didn't do to much with them except send them to prom and teach them to drive. I always found teens the most boring in every Sims game, hopefully that will change.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,124 Member
    I would like the teens to have some more unique interactions, unique clothing and hairstyles and also to look younger because at a quick glance, i can't always tell if a sim is a teen or a young adult.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    I would like the teens to have some more unique interactions, unique clothing and hairstyles and also to look younger because at a quick glance, i can't always tell if a sim is a teen or a young adult.

I have mixed feeling on this. I was wondering if your reason is why people are interested in preteens so there was a life stage that looked younger and you could distinguish between them and the YA?

At first teens bothered me in this game. It wasn't so much because they were the same height as much as it was the knowing they made them the same height because they were running out of time. Many teens today look like young adults. Just turn on the television most look 20 anyway with all the makeup and shoes with 4 inch heels...just saying.

Anyway I like Neia's idea of the teenager changing as they age. I might make them a bit more interesting.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited May 2017
    More activities for the toddler and I would also love bunk beds and I do not know if Murpy beds are in Sims 4 as well as other family options.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I forgot to add it in my previous comment on this thread, but I'd love to see the return of Imaginary Friends! <3 They were my favourite back in The Sims 3 days, I used to play with them a lot. Also, PlantSim babies would be adorable!
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »

I have mixed feeling on this. I was wondering if your reason is why people are interested in preteens so there was a life stage that looked younger and you could distinguish between them and the YA?

At first teens bothered me in this game. It wasn't so much because they were the same height as much as it was the knowing they made them the same height because they were running out of time. Many teens today look like young adults. Just turn on the television most look 20 anyway with all the makeup and shoes with 4 inch heels...just saying.

Anyway I like Neia's idea of the teenager changing as they age. I might make them a bit more interesting.

I'd like more teen unique activities in the club section as well. Teen only parties, sneaking out of the house, hanging out around town, as a random activity. Skateboarding, more street activities, babysitting younger siblings, (imagine babysitting as an active career only available for teens), ...
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited May 2017
    Why do some of you want preteens? What will they do differently from children and teens? Is it because you want the teenagers at a different height and this is the only way to get it done?

I'd prefer a teen fix to pre-teens. It gets on my nerves to see no difference between teens and YA. I feel like if we ever did get preteens then teens would be that way forever and stay undeveloped. They should concentrate on the age we already have.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    What might help with teens, is if they gave us teen only aspiratons. Right now they have to pick an adult aspiration the moment they grow up from childhood, but I'd love an optional or not, teen aspiraton. Not necesserily along the lines the kids have, just something that can give them a trait that passes on to adulthood, giving them a chance to pick adult aspirations once they reach young adulthood.

Things like rebel without a cause, square/nerd, jock, ... let them try and find out how to fit in, to find themselves, instead of having to go on to adulthood rightaway.
  • Options
    Hard_House_SimsHard_House_Sims Posts: 27 Member
    Pre teens?
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,626 Member
    Pre teens?

Or real teens please!
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,653 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    Pre teens?

Or real teens please!

Real teens? These teens are real their just mature.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    A game pack seems small for a generations type pack...
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Love all your ideas. This is what I wwnt in a family GP

Toddlers:
    • Finger painting
    • Tea set (pretend tea)
    • Small teddy bear they can play with and take to bed
    • Play peek-a boo with others
    • Can be tickled by children and older
    • can learn and sing nursery rhymes
    • Can join clubs (pre patch)
    • Toddler npcs visit park lot type
    • Stroller

Children
    • Child to child play interactions (tag, cops and robbers, Rock Paper Scissors)
    • Can be punished/ praised be adults (user directed)
    • Costume chest and pretend play (alone and with others)
    • Can be read bedtime story
    • Can be tucked in
    • New slumber party
    • Curfew (set time, on/off)

Teens
    • Prom (party type, or event on a hidden lot you get teleported to like GTW careers)
    • Can be punished/ praised
    • teen clothes filter (young adults and older don't automatically wear these outfits) (pre-patch)
    • Mood swings
    • Exclusive teen traits (1 out of the two traits they have)
    • Awkwardness in love (lots of embarrassed moodlets) until they learn about wohoo (talk about wohoo interactions now is longer like teaching toddlers to talk and gives teens a learned about wohoo trait, which stops awkwardness of romance)
    • Acne
    • Curfew (set time on/off can sneak out)
    • Teen party
    • special life goals which give teens a overarching personality (punk, socialite, goth, surfer, geek, artistic, jock, etc)

Adults/young adult
    • New interactions with family members (swing kid/toddler around, family kiss, tickle (toddlers and kids), console (if their teen or younger is in sad emotion (like in ts2)
    • Slow dance

Elder
    • Canes
    • Elder clothes filter (patched in)
    • Pinch cheek (of their child)
    • Wack youngster with cane
    • Seeing/knitting
    General stuff
    • Sandbox
    • Playground equipment
    • metal/punk radio channel for teens
    • Pillow fight
    • Sleeping bags and bunk beds
    • Gift giving (guests will do this occasionally during birthday parties to the one aging up)
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options

I'd prefer a teen fix to pre-teens. It gets on my nerves to see no difference between teens and YA. I feel like if we ever did get preteens then teens would be that way forever and stay undeveloped. They should concentrate on the age we already have.

Agree. I just don't know what they could make pre-teens do differently from children and teens to make it worth adding the life stage.

I would rather they flesh out the current teens a little more. Neia came up with a great idea to gradually change as they age. They could even do it like the toddlers. They more skills the toddler learns the more they change such as walking better, going potty, etc.

If teens are more intelligent they can finish homework faster, tutor other teens or children for money and create the craziest chemical pranks. If they are more creative they can impress other teens with music or paintings, suggest the best music, DJ for teen parties and become a teen pop star. If they are charismatic, they can never be refused for prom dates, can easily woo other teens, even become a Simtube star, Capt of the football team\Head cheerleader. I wouldn't even mind if they added teen only traits that really shaped their personalities like toddlers and set them up for their young adult life.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,124 Member
    Education career (rabbit hole)
    Daycare career (gtw style)
    Optional curfews, rewards and punishments
    Traits for kids and teens
    More aspirations for kids, teen aspirations
    Bunk beds, rocking chair
    More clothes and hairstyles for kids and teens
    Day centre for elders to make friends
    More objects for toddlers and kids specifically
    Tree houses
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    All things listed are good things. What I do want to see is something for pregnant sims. Perhaps a baby shower? That's something we haven't really seen before. Hopefully they'll fix the reaction for when a mother to be announces her pregnancy to her SO. At least in my game, they look less than pleased at first but then look happy afterwards.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    BabySimsAlwaysBabySimsAlways Posts: 22 Member
    May I add a baby pool for the tots. I would love that. Also please free the babies!! Now we have toddlers( LOVING IT!!!!) The babies are stuck in the room all alone. My Mommy sim is busy with the tots and kids. She really forgets to check on the baby. I just wish we could take care of them much better. Take them out with us and be a part of the family. Also I would love to be able to customize them as well.
  • Options
    lonestarranger01lonestarranger01 Posts: 60 Member
    I definitely want kids/Teens to get fleshed out more. Bring some stuff back from TS3 like prom, maybe add a graduation party social event. I'd also like to see the return of bachelor/bachelorette parties and funeral parties.
    “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” –The Goblet of Fire