The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quarterly Teaser

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    samlyt22 wrote: »
    I think that if the pack were that close to announcement, there'd have been a pack name in the teaser, but there wasn't.

They never include names in the teasers. For the last quarterly teaser they didn't include names yet announced the vampire pack the following week.

Ah ok. I thought they'd done that for Vampires.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    Should we expect the full trailer for at least the Family GP sometime this week? I know the Vampires trailer came about 4 days after the quarterly teaser it was included in.
  • Options
    AvianatorAvianator Posts: 188 Member
    Totally not my cup of tea and the most boring quarterly teaser ever. At least for me there's absolutely nothing to look forward to...I guess I'll have to wait until autumn/ winter and hope there will be better/ more interesting/ more exciting and less family oriented themes coming soon.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    dancenow13 wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    I wonder if they are going to patch in a teen revamp? I don't think it's a preteen because they couldn't gate a life stage in a pack, it would have to be patched in, in order to be able to interact with the rest of the world. Instead of making a whole new life stage, It might be easier to tweak the teens we have now. Hmmm. I'm going to guess that in the May patch, we'll either get preteens, or a teen height/frame overhaul. I think that enough people have expressed a wish for these things to warrant action. But it's just a guess, I could be way wrong, so please don't get too excited over it, I'd hate to spread disappointment.

But then they would have to remake every single YA CAS item to fit the new proportions, as well as any objects it might affect. I'd rather see them add new content than spend time and effort changing one life stage's height.

They could do slight changes with out having to change all the clothes. Look how one outfit fits a skinny sim as well as the same outfit on a heavier sim - with no changes so they could make the sim slightly shorter and their frame slightly smaller without the clothing changes. The game is already set to adjust to the sims frame regardless of their weight.

Even if they could get that to work, sadly they'd have to re do every single animation for teens if they made them shorter.. :(

Not necessarily true. People use CC height sliders to make sims shorter and the animations work just fine. (Even kissing, if both of your teens are the same shorter height.) The clothing all works, too. The only slight issue I've noticed is a tiny bit of clipping with chairs when they sit down.
  • Options
    Joseff wrote: »
    Should we expect the full trailer for at least the Family GP sometime this week? I know the Vampires trailer came about 4 days after the quarterly teaser it was included in.

They said "spring". It could be anytime between now and early June.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    MissMahoo wrote: »
    Happy that we're getting a family GP. I just hope that grandparents aren't forgotten about, as I can't see any elders featured in the teaser. Fingers crossed that isn't the case.

The video was so quick, elders wouldn't be able to keep up. :D
  • Options
    sallysimnamonsallysimnamon Posts: 81 Member
    edited April 2017
    Oh gosh, I'm so excited to learn more about this game pack even if it's only just a short teaser at the moment! I'm a sucker for family based content so I really hope it will live up to my expectations for a "generations" pack (I say that loosely because obviously we have no idea what it will be like just yet) for the Sims 4 but I think I'll still end up liking it anyway. I can't say I care too much about the sports stuff pack but I'm still intrigued to see more about it nevertheless. :)
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    iriefthi wrote: »
    How long do you think we'll have to wait until we find out more? I'm not very good at being patient.
    Edited due to bad grammar. :blush:

I am fraid we will have to wait at least till the end of this month or the start of May... :(

Not necessarily. The teaser trailer we got back in January showed vampires and bowling. Three days later (mind you the trailer came out on a Friday) we got the announcement trailer for Vampires. So it's possible we could still get the GP this month, get nothing in May and the Fitness SP in June. But I keep feeling like we'll get nothing this month, GP in May and SP in June.

I hope we get it this month but I don't think so because the guy that does gp said this

They could still release the pack without him. But again we wont know until something comes up. My guess is to wait till next week to hear something. If there's no announcement trailer than we can guess that there's nothing for this month.

I think that if the pack were that close to announcement, there'd have been a pack name in the teaser, but there wasn't.

Vampires didn't have a name in the teaser trailer in January and It was released within the same month.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    A Generations pack? Or at least a family-oriented Pack? Sold.
  • Options
    iriefthi wrote: »
    How long do you think we'll have to wait until we find out more? I'm not very good at being patient.
    Edited due to bad grammar. :blush:

I am fraid we will have to wait at least till the end of this month or the start of May... :(

Not necessarily. The teaser trailer we got back in January showed vampires and bowling. Three days later (mind you the trailer came out on a Friday) we got the announcement trailer for Vampires. So it's possible we could still get the GP this month, get nothing in May and the Fitness SP in June. But I keep feeling like we'll get nothing this month, GP in May and SP in June.

I hope we get it this month but I don't think so because the guy that does gp said this

They could still release the pack without him. But again we wont know until something comes up. My guess is to wait till next week to hear something. If there's no announcement trailer than we can guess that there's nothing for this month.

Vampires didn't have a name in the teaser trailer in January and It was released within the same month.

Thanks! I had misremembered :)
  • Options
    domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    I just want a beach world GP. Wake me up when we get a teaser for that...
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    The trailer didn't show much, but I really like the theme for both packs! B) Looking forward to more info!
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited April 2017
    Avianator wrote: »
    Totally not my cup of tea and the most boring quarterly teaser ever.

let me just just remind you this was a quarterly teaser too lol

https://youtu.be/fWRbxUXmaGw

I think July 2016 will always be the most boring quarterly teaser ever.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    so when is spring in America? what dates?
  • Options
    so when is spring in America? what dates?

This year it's March 20 to June 20. Summer starts June 21. But also they held to the "spring" thing for the January teaser SP but not for the October teaser SP, which said "winter" but came out earlier in December.
  • Options
    baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    neither of these even remotely interest me

never cared about family stuff and the stuff pack theme doesn't seem that appealing giving how much working out related stuff the game already has
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,658 Member
    edited April 2017
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Hmm so no EP (Pets) in this quarter. Seems they are really going for a one EP a year 'thing'. :/

With the stable engine & loading screens you would think we would get more content. S3 was unstable for many and I'm sure we got a few EPs a year. I personally wish they would up the things to buy and just like in S3, those who didn't want as much content that fast or who couldn't afford it would have something to think about and work towards. I'm not rich, but I budget in hobbies like this and would love more content faster. :)
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    are you impressed with this tesser if so why what does it show other then we get a new game pack based on familes.

I was wondering the same as well with the fitness as it shows just another running machine. Always hated getting more of what we already have unless it was a totally dif style like say for poor sims or goth sims ect. Don't get me wrong, I very much want both of these, I'm just not impressed with the teasers; maybe more if that is a preteen. I really hope the outdo themselves on both of these. I would love more fitness and wasn't happy with where S3 left off as I wanted mountain climbers, skier machines, step/step mini walker machine, mini trampoline, ab chair, and stationary bikes. More personal exercises might be nice too. Hope they don't just add new looks to what we already have; I hate that as I love new content that we don't have more.

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Hmm so no EP (Pets) in this quarter. Seems they are really going for a one EP a year 'thing'. :/

Everybody thought that it was too early for a new GP and apparently not, so let's see and maybe we will be surprised. :wink:

Could be that the GP was in the works for a while but needed the toddler patch to be released for the finishing touches.

I'm hoping for some new equipment and decor to give gyms a bit of a makeover with the Fitness pack. And interested to see what's involved with "family".
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    I wonder if they are going to patch in a teen revamp? I don't think it's a preteen because they couldn't gate a life stage in a pack, it would have to be patched in, in order to be able to interact with the rest of the world. Instead of making a whole new life stage, It might be easier to tweak the teens we have now. Hmmm. I'm going to guess that in the May patch, we'll either get preteens, or a teen height/frame overhaul. I think that enough people have expressed a wish for these things to warrant action. But it's just a guess, I could be way wrong, so please don't get too excited over it, I'd hate to spread disappointment.

But then they would have to remake every single YA CAS item to fit the new proportions, as well as any objects it might affect. I'd rather see them add new content than spend time and effort changing one life stage's height.

They could activate an age filter -- there's actually one already in CAS as someone using SimStudio found out. They could have some outfits specifically designated for Teen so random townies don't wear them, but like the gender filter you could remove the age filter when dressing Sims in CAS. Having teens dressed more like teens and not having adults and elders wandering around looking like Glee rejects would make a big difference in my own gameplay.
  • Options
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    Is it just me but the girl looks shorter?

I really thought so too! And it looks like she's writing in a diary! Preteens? :)

And I think that's just a teen doing homework.

But look at how thin the book is. Teen homework books are much thicker than that. They're ridiculously thick, lol! And sims don't have any other books they can write in, do they? The only sims who write in thin books are children. So, I'm guessing either it's not homework (diary) or she's not a teen (preteen). Either way, I'd be happy.

It could be a diary or maybe a magazine? I wouldn't mind if Sims could subscribe to magazines to give a quick skill boost, and to give more of a purpose to the mailbox.
  • Options
    jeanniebeansjeanniebeans Posts: 44 Member
    preteens would be Ah-maz-ing!!! Not into the sports one, but I'll probably get it because I like to have them all for completeness lol! But a family pack even without preteens is needed in my opinion but with them would be the best thing EVAR (for now) Still need weather for realistic gameplay!