The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Loss Yourself In The Game?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    When I am creating ANYTHING for the game I can get lost in it. I finally got off my butt to learn how to create poses, so I am lost in that at the moment.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Yes, it does happen.

I just had a sim wedding and I'm waiting to see what these two have for children:

wedding_cake.png

Can't wait to see their children, you will post pics?? Please,

I'll try to remember this thread -- for now their little one is just a babe in basket. :smile:
  • Options
    AyrellAyrell Posts: 40 Member
    I think it's a good sign when we lose track of time and become so absorbed by the game, it means we are having fun playing! :)
  • Options
    notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    I didnt realize there is a "time played" thing on origin for each game. I forget what my number of hours was for TS4 but it was very very high lol
  • Options

So... attention @feetinstockings , we have a toddler!
    I may be wrong, but it looks like there are distinct possibilities that Dawson just might grow up to resemble his father.

Dawson_with_his_father.png

• Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I lose myself in when I'm playing the game. All the time! Even when the TV is on, I somehow tune it out as I play!
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    @applefeather2 Cannot unsee!
  • Options
    @AshtontoAshton22 *hands over jug of eye bleach* :p
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I had this yesterday actually, I bought the vampire pack / bowling pack / vintage pack for myself for my birthday and yesterday was my first day that no one came to my house. So I played a single female sim who was going to be a vampire and all, until I realised it was already 23:00 and maybe time for bed.. I really didn't want to though, so i'm playing again today :D
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    I hope you are feeling better!
    I've spent countless hours on these games haha. waaay too many.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,636 Member
    @applefeather2 A few months ago I actually saw a guy with basically that actual nose, IRL. And my first thought was OMG I could make that in Sims!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    xJawdinxJawdin Posts: 42 Member
    YES! I'm also especially bad at "oh let me do one more thing before I go to bed *accidentally spends another 30 mintues on the game*
    tumblr_ncmw3fJCnf1sz111so1_250.gif
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I played yesterday and suddenly it was today.
  • Options

Ha, ha. Very good!
  • Options
    ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    haha Today I fell asleep at 3am trying to raise the surprise Twins the game gave me :D . So yeah losing track of time really is literally losing yourself in the game/
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Options
    HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member

The same thing happens to me. I go through periods of time where I don't play because I don't hav the inspiration for storylines/builds, but when I do get into my game, hours fly by! many nights that turned into mornings haha.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,214 Member
    Hasn't it been scientifically proven that playing The Sims warps time and space? If not, it should be, because that's the only logical explanation. You start in the morning or early afternoon, play for maybe half an hour, suddenly it's dark outside. And it keeps happening!
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I have this happen with the sims and with modding the sims, and with a lot of other things too... if the right measure of reward and immersion is possible, I can do it with most anything. In my case, I attribute it to hyperfocus, which is related to ADD, because it defines so much of how I live and act. But I'm pretty sure that a well-designed video game can trigger a very similar effect on a "normal" brain (see: Flow, which has an overall more positive connotation than hyperfocus).
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    I have this happen with the sims and with modding the sims, and with a lot of other things too... if the right measure of reward and immersion is possible, I can do it with most anything. In my case, I attribute it to hyperfocus, which is related to ADD, because it defines so much of how I live and act. But I'm pretty sure that a well-designed video game can trigger a very similar effect on a "normal" brain (see: Flow, which has an overall more positive connotation than hyperfocus).

Actually losing track of time is a perfectly normal side effect of intensive right brained activity.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    All the time lately. I played pretty much all night the last two nights... having to do hand stretches and make myself do other things. I think I got a monkey on my back quite frankly.
    egTcBMc.png