The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Loss Yourself In The Game?

I haven't felt well at all today (actually called in sick to work - even had a fever :( ) and so when I was feeling better, I got around to playing with the Sims. When I decided to take a break, I didn't realize I had been playing for 4 hours! Oops! Anybody else ever get like this or is it just me?
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I do this when I'm building. I get an idea and start working on it and the day has gone.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

Yes, it does happen.

I just had a sim wedding and I'm waiting to see what these two have for children:

wedding_cake.png
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Hope you get completely over your sickness!

I use to work night shift, so on my nights off, I would literally play all night long while everyone else slept :D

I usually play every day, but only about 2-6 hours (stretching the 6) I am retired now, so I have plenty of time, but I still just don't quite play very long anymore.

You are not alone!
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Yes, it does happen.

I just had a sim wedding and I'm waiting to see what these two have for children:

wedding_cake.png

Beautiful wedding pic!

*hopes the children take after their mother* :D
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Thank-you! Hoping I get better too this cold sucks. I haven't had a chance to play like a whole day with the Sims with the new packs I got anyways, so it's wasn't too bad. :)
    Hope you get completely over your sickness!

I use to work night shift, so on my nights off, I would literally play all night long while everyone else slept :D

I usually play every day, but only about 2-6 hours (stretching the 6) I am retired now, so I have plenty of time, but I still just don't quite play very long anymore.

You are not alone!
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    I can lose almost all the hours when I get into building - especially when working on architecture (I'm usually keenly aware of every minute I spend decorating interiors - so many great items but not my thing). Some sims capture me that way too, especially the first couple times I play them.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    when i'm in cas trying to make a new guy @_@
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    miloguyausmiloguyaus Posts: 5 New Member
    me too, I spend lots of time building my sims home, rearanging things and then realize its 4 in the morning human time!!
  • Options
    squamgurlsquamgurl Posts: 7 New Member
    I get like that when i am playing the different challenges i think the longest i have ever played was 9 hours
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,636 Member
    I haven't felt well at all today (actually called in sick to work - even had a fever :( ) and so when I was feeling better, I got around to playing with the Sims. When I decided to take a break, I didn't realize I had been playing for 4 hours! Oops! Anybody else ever get like this or is it just me?

I was going to go to bed early tonight. I just peeked my head up from Build/Buy and CAS and... it's past midnight. So, yeah. Tomorrow's going to need a lot of coffee to get done what has to get done in it!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

I was going to go to bed early tonight. I just peeked my head up from Build/Buy and CAS and... it's past midnight. So, yeah. Tomorrow's going to need a lot of coffee to get done what has to get done in it!
    Coffee, eh? Well, this just in, (though it doesn't sound healthy)... Black Insomnia Coffee, which already ships to Canada through its website, contains about 702 milligrams of caffeine per 12-oz cup – more than four times the typical 143 mg of caffeine. So it's up to you. :smile:
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I did that the other day, I was sure I had only been playing a little while maybe thirty minutes I had taken a lot of pictures but most of them I could just toss out I did build a little library before playing with a family and setting up a couple others but as far as I knew it hadn't been that long. Then I thought I needed a break four hours just gone, though I enjoyed it, it's late now and I want to go play I should play in CAS more but mostly it's building and storytelling that take over I make myself take break cycles with the game for that reason then I miss it lol. Fun times though.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member

I hear ya. I wasn't going to play today and was going to go to bed early too.....lots of stuff to do this weekend. Decided to just check a few things in this bowling alley/restaurant/game center I started building the other day....next thing you know, many hours have passed due to me tinkering with the build and testing and then starting work on a whole other floor of the building that I hadn't touched yet, lol.

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Yes, it does happen.

wedding_cake.png

Beautiful wedding pic!

*hopes the children take after their mother* :D
    She's hardly a looker either.
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited April 2017
    If I'm decorating my house, I can spend an hour on there, which is a huge amount of time for me. If I'm playing regular gameplay, I can spend the maximum of 45 minutes.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    during the winter I play a lot, nearly everyday. I start about 10am, take a break about 3pm. and turn it back on about8pm, turn the game of about 11pm. that's a good bad day. But the next day I would more often crochet for the day, and only put sims on in the evening.
    spring and summer not as often or as long, usually only in the evenings, playing on a lap top, and even with a fan it gets too hot to play. and we like to get out and about during the day.
    But I have often said to my hubby, "I'm just going to play for a little while", and before I know it, its bed time. four or five hours later. But I do find that sims needs at least three or more hours to get really into it, before anything interesting starts to happen.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Yes, it does happen.

wedding_cake.png

Can't wait to see their children, you will post pics?? Please,
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,636 Member

Coffee, eh? Well, this just in, (though it doesn't sound healthy)... Black Insomnia Coffee, which already ships to Canada through its website, contains about 702 milligrams of caffeine per 12-oz cup – more than four times the typical 143 mg of caffeine. So it's up to you. :smile:

Oh wow. It's like a real-life coffee mod!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    I played just about all day long, yesterday. So, yes. I can get quite caught up in achieving the next bit of plot line in the story I'm telling. I was also waiting for a pre-ordered program to drop, but it never did. Finally went to their website and learned there were problems with the syncing feature. :open_mouth: Part of the appeal for this program is the ability to connect to Ancestry.com and sync the tree changes straight into the program, instead of me having to key it all in manually. They are working on it to fix the problems Beta-testers were experiencing. Playing the game kept my antsy mind off of it. Hope you feel better. I tried to play after I fell once. The doctor told me to go home and 'rest'. I thought building in my game was 'rest'. Nope. Got rather nauseous and had to go lie down.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I usually lose myself in the game if I can create/stumble on a story for my sims, like drama, visiting family, celebrations, etc. Also when I'm engaged I'll find myself taking a lot of screenshots without being fully aware that I'm doing so in the moment :tongue:
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    I'm home sick today too and same thing- the day escaped me thanks to sims! Hehe :)
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    I lost count how often I have done that over the years!
    Many times I'd play the entire day, with trips to kitchen for cooking the family's meals, & tiny stuff - but my Sims games continue on...
    (I've done it with other games too, esp Zelda or Mario games).
    But for the PC, Sims games have been the most susceptible to being played hours - and DAYS - on end. o:)
  • Options
    SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    I spend some of my time in cas creating sims with CC and just playing the game it's great when you have good ideas.
  • Options

My Sim is at a loss with all the choices she has. Maybe that counts. :smile:

Choices_choices.png
  • Options
    mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    I'd be embarrassed to say how long I've spent playing the game in one sitting. You are definitely not alone.