Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Curse Legacy - Chapter 14 "Boy Thoughts" Up! 5.24.17 - NEW

Comments

• Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited March 2017
    Do you mind if I link your legacy in mine? Back when I used to write for sims 3 I used to link back to all the legacies I enjoy, but I don't really see people doing that with the sims 4 and I don't want to step on any toes. :]

Also, I know the feel. Honestly, if you did download CCs for werewolves and then actual werewolves came out, I don't think anyone would mind if you switched over to EAs version so you could play with them. :]
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    NymphieaNymphiea Posts: 254 Member
    Arrowleaf wrote: »
    Do you mind if I link your legacy in mine? Back when I used to write for sims 3 I used to link back to all the legacies I enjoy, but I don't really see people doing that with the sims 4 and I don't want to step on any toes. :]

Also, I know the feel. Honestly, if you did download CCs for werewolves and then actual werewolves came out, I don't think anyone would mind if you switched over to EAs version so you could play with them. :]

Oh my gosh, yes! I'd love if you did that! I can even link to yours from my blog! ; u ;

HMMMM, I can totally consider doing that! If they aren't out by the time I need to use a werewolf then I'll def get some CC. o u o
    Gen1.png
    Come check out my Sims 4 legacy story! We're on generation one currently.
    It's Just Another Story
  • Options
    Yushika wrote: »

Oh my gosh, yes! I'd love if you did that! I can even link to yours from my blog! ; u ;

HMMMM, I can totally consider doing that! If they aren't out by the time I need to use a werewolf then I'll def get some CC. o u o

Okay, good. :D I'm glad you don't mind. ^_^ Don't feel obligated to link back to me, but if you do, thank you. <3

That sounds like a good plan. :]

4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    Yushika wrote: »

Okay, good. :D I'm glad you don't mind. ^_^ Don't feel obligated to link back to me, but if you do, thank you. <3

That sounds like a good plan. :]

I added you to my front page <33
    Gen1.png
    It's Just Another Story
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    @Yushika I have to agree. Use CC for werewolves now - then just replace them (with nothing more than an Author's note) when EA releases them. I'm certain that vampires aren't the only supernatural pack they'll release and werewolves, fairies and witches will come too!
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    EscapeTitle_zpsnxbxufqh.png
    Chapter eleven is up! This marks the end of gen one and us moving into gen two!
    Click here!
    Gen1.png
    It's Just Another Story
  • Options
    Wow!!! So much happened!!
    So kind of Caleb to be thinking ahead to where the young couple would stay. He's a great benefactor. I'm so curious now to see what happens when Dante finds out that the basement is empty and where the story goes from here!
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Cheers! Yay! Of course, I know it won't be roses, but so glad they're out.
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    What a finale! I hope Petal is okay! I don't think Alice would handle loosing her to well. Aw Jack and Alice are so cute avoiding their obvious affection for each other. I don't think Dante is going to take this betrayal lying down he'll be back. :D So excited for Gen 2
  • Options
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    What a finale! I hope Petal is okay! I don't think Alice would handle loosing her to well. Aw Jack and Alice are so cute avoiding their obvious affection for each other. I don't think Dante is going to take this betrayal lying down he'll be back. :D So excited for Gen 2

Hnnnngh, Alice is in for a world of change and trouble as she gets accustomed to not being in a basement. Luckily, Jack is there to guide her, with or without Petal.
    cshaner wrote: »
    Wow!!! So much happened!!
    So kind of Caleb to be thinking ahead to where the young couple would stay. He's a great benefactor. I'm so curious now to see what happens when Dante finds out that the basement is empty and where the story goes from here!

Caleb is a good boy, for sure. He keeps surprising me! Honestly, he wasn't originally intended to get with Jezebel properly, but his muse won hers over and I just had to. o u o
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Cheers! Yay! Of course, I know it won't be roses, but so glad they're out.

YEEEES I can finally show poor Alice the world. And food that isn't macaroni, oh my.
    Gen1.png
    It's Just Another Story
  • Options
    @Yushika i don't think I ever asked. Are you playing any challenge for your story? I think you're doing a legacy but how are you dealing with vampires being immortal? Or is this it? Moving them around per generation?

Also are you scoring and completing the legacy goals?
  • Options
    Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    I'm so glad they escaped!! That was a suspenseful chapter. I kept thinking Dante was going to appear and catch them. But they actually made it! :) But now I'm worried about what Dante will do once he discovers they're gone. I'm afraid he will kill Petal for revenge. :'(

The scene when Alice sees the outside world for the first time was really powerful! Have you seen the movie Room? It's about a mom and her son who are in a similar situation to Alice and Petal (minus the vampires haha). Like Alice, the son was born in captivity. They manage to escape and the scene where the little boy is looking up at the sky and trees for the first time is very touching. :)

I wonder if Jack and Alice will get jobs? Maybe Jack could be a bartender since he would only need to work at night. But Alice is not used to the outside world so it would be difficult for her to work right away...
  • Options
    @Yushika i don't think I ever asked. Are you playing any challenge for your story? I think you're doing a legacy but how are you dealing with vampires being immortal? Or is this it? Moving them around per generation?

Also are you scoring and completing the legacy goals?

I'm just, for this, doing the reach 10 generation challenge! I am not scoring, as I realized this is my first story I'm actually passionate about and I wanted to go with the flow and figure out myself while doing it! However, after this story is finished I know I want to do a more strict challenge based one! I am considering making up my own challenge, even, as I saw a Sims 3 challenge I really would like to try out but also modify for the Sims 4.

I'm so glad they escaped!! That was a suspenseful chapter. I kept thinking Dante was going to appear and catch them. But they actually made it! :) But now I'm worried about what Dante will do once he discovers they're gone. I'm afraid he will kill Petal for revenge. :'(

The scene when Alice sees the outside world for the first time was really powerful! Have you seen the movie Room? It's about a mom and her son who are in a similar situation to Alice and Petal (minus the vampires haha). Like Alice, the son was born in captivity. They manage to escape and the scene where the little boy is looking up at the sky and trees for the first time is very touching. :)

I wonder if Jack and Alice will get jobs? Maybe Jack could be a bartender since he would only need to work at night. But Alice is not used to the outside world so it would be difficult for her to work right away...

I'm really glad that came off well! I wanted to convey how the world could be overwhelming for someone like Alice! Actually, I did see the Room and loved it! While it didn't necessarily inspire the story, it did make me realize that a story could be powerful even if the main character doesn't leave a certain location for awhile, and make me consider what being that little boy would be like!

A job is absolutely on the horizon! They have rent to pay, and someone has to make the cash!
    Gen1.png
    It's Just Another Story
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    @Yushika I'm doing the same thing -- get to 10 generations without scoring. And I, too, am very passionate about my story (and your story) <3
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    @Yushika I'm doing the same thing -- get to 10 generations without scoring. And I, too, am very passionate about my story (and your story) <3

It's really nice not to worry about scores or goals other then my own!! I'm glad to meet a fellow legacy simmer doing the same too!
    Gen1.png
    It's Just Another Story
  • Options
    Not gonna lie, finishing gen one has me intimidated to start gen two, oh my gosh.
    Gen1.png
    It's Just Another Story
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    You'll do fine <3
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    24fl3f8.png
    Chapter twelve is up!
    Click here!
    Gen1.png
    It's Just Another Story
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Ooh! Called it! I knew she was dead! Now Alice will never know about what or who she is? I feel sorry for Jack cause more than likely he's going to have to tell her.
  • Options
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Ooh! Called it! I knew she was dead! Now Alice will never know about what or who she is? I feel sorry for Jack cause more than likely he's going to have to tell her.

She might have ways of finding out! It depends on if I insert a certain something in the story now instead of later, when it was planned. It's tempting.
    Gen1.png
    It's Just Another Story
  • Options
    I loved Jack's protective vibe, but as I said on your blog...
    I worry that once Alice has a taste of the real world, she may not choose our Jack...he's been to school and had some experience with life to this point. Alice may need time to learn and explore and not necessarily fall into the familiar arms of our Heir.
  • Options
    This is adorable. Alice is so cute, I can't even, though I hope she starts getting serious about the real world quick. Otherwise she is going to find herself in more troublesome positions and Jack won't always be there to bail her out, especially if it's during the day.

While I hope Jack and Alice stay together, I'm worried that Alice is going to feel entrapped eventually and want to experience life fully on her own - without someone watching over her.
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    I loved Jack's protective vibe, but as I said on your blog...
    I worry that once Alice has a taste of the real world, she may not choose our Jack...he's been to school and had some experience with life to this point. Alice may need time to learn and explore and not necessarily fall into the familiar arms of our Heir.
    This is adorable. Alice is so cute, I can't even, though I hope she starts getting serious about the real world quick. Otherwise she is going to find herself in more troublesome positions and Jack won't always be there to bail her out, especially if it's during the day.

While I hope Jack and Alice stay together, I'm worried that Alice is going to feel entrapped eventually and want to experience life fully on her own - without someone watching over her.

Both of these are great points! While Jack is very !!!! about Alice, the same can't be said so far for Alice. Perhaps she likes him, perhaps not, that will be revealed soonish, but right now Alice has bigger things to look at. Like an entirely new world. That, and Jack is familiar. The only familiar person right now. He's probably going to be pushed to the back burner while she explores new people and situations, which Jack gets. He really does. But his heart doesn't and he has a hard time telling it to cool down.
    Gen1.png
    It's Just Another Story
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Wow, Jack is going from looking after a goldfish to taking care of a pet monkey (no offense to Alice, it's just that monkeys are very curious about the world and very active). And good for you for giving her wonder as her reaction to the world rather than fear. But I think she's going to want someone familiar around for a little while, especially when she learns that Petal is dead.
  • Options
    @MVWdeZT oooh I hadn't thought about her reaction to her poor departed momma. Yes she's going to need familiar to deal with that for sure!