Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day & Knight 4/29

Comments

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited February 2017
    Uh oh, trouble in paradise? Or will shiny new presents fix everything?

The way Jackson spreads himself too thin and tries to make everyone happy (while neglecting significant others/close family members) reminds me of a friend of mine. While trying to make everyone happy, it's really easy to make no one happy. Sometimes you have to be selfish and prioritize your time and relationships!

It's also interesting that his behavior is making Winter re-examine her six-year-plan and possible future with Jackson. I wonder if there's any possibility of her giving up on him after repeated offenses, plan or no.

We shall see if Jackson's behavior ultimately ruins his chances with her. He is what he is and he won't change, but he will learn. Hopefully! His personality is based on one of my children. My oldest. She was the captain of the cheer squad/friend of EVERYONE type and it was an amazing phenomenon to see someone like her excel in the world. BUT there's a downside to pleasing everyone. You can't. And it led to some frustrating moments for her. Anyway, you can't help but love a person who loves/cherishes everyone. Right? They don't mean to disappoint you. Hopefully, Winter can understand that. If not...well...there are other women out there waiting in the wings. ;)

Jackson trying to please everybody reminds me of me. It almost killed me because I would please one person and disappoint another, and the cycle never ended... But that's a story for another time. Lol. I hope that Jackson can learn far sooner than I did... <3 And I hope that Winter doesn't give up on Jackson, even if he gives up on her. She worked so hard to get him...

That's interesting that you have that personality. You must be well liked for sure! But yes, I'm sure you had your struggles with this just like Jackson. We shall see. I think he's going to struggle a lot with it. ;)
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I'm glad she has a healthy self-respect and also can see beyond her plan. I don't think Jackson's life of a rock star will be compatible with her idea of happy life. However, I'd at least like to see the prom part of her plan come true.

You're exactly right. I don't see "sit on the sidelines and wait on my darling rockstar hubby to come home and sweep me off my feet" as one of her goals/plan. There is inherent conflict if Jackson does achieve his dream. I will tell you that Winter and Jackson are going to prom. In the next few updates.
    Winter is goals! She is lovely dedicated, but also puts herself first. Gosh, girlcrush!

CUTE! :love: I have a girlcrush, too, in writing Winter. She's almost as fun as Victoria (with V's personality, she's the most joy to write.)
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Careful Winter your materialism is showing :D Im glad things seem to be going well but don't be so naive. A LOT of things can happen in fifteen minutes >:)

Winter DOES have the materialistic trait, so yeah, Jackson isn't st*upid. He knows how to capitalize on that. Plus, he has the money to do it. ;) 15 minutes? You mean in reading time? :tongue:

I'm impressed with Winter! She handled that quite nicely! I'd be mad too, and Jackson definitely deserved it! I'm happy the day ended on a good note, but I hope Jackson cleans up his act. (The thought crossed my mind that he's not good enough for Winter! AH!) I love Jackson and he's wonderful but not all that good at dating it seems... Winter was off to a good start with Jackson but now it seems a little shaky. Will it last? :s

Poor Jackson. He's just too nice for his own good. PLUS, he does have a problem with focusing on his life without the thought of others around him. This is because he's a giant bro. He'll have to learn in time when he has a family or there will be trouble ;) Can't tell you whether this relationship will last...stay tuned!
    At least Winter has SOME self-respect. Although if my husband plum me off at that age (and he did number of times) and bought me a video game, I melted just like Winter. (Oh, and yes, I too was like Winter with a plan at her age, and my plan has gone past the 17 year mark. :p ) We're so easy to please. I just hope Winter knows it takes a LOT of work to keep her man. I also don't think Jackson can be the man she really deserves. Because she does deserve a doting husband, even if her eyes are set on Jackson, she should broaden her scope a bit. There are other rich plum fish in the sea. HAHAHAHA

LOL! You married your high school sweetheart? Oh...love it! :love: I would melt, too. And with Winter's materialistic trait, it was an easy move for Jackson. He knows Winter very well now. I love how your plans have worked for over 17 years. We shall see if Winter's will hold out that long. ;)

Jackson is getting a bad rap here. I guess he's just different maybe than what Winter needs, but that doesn't make Jackson a bad person. Look how he dotes on her when he screws up. She should be so lucky to have someone who can say they're sorry. There are a lot of plum men out there who won't admit they were wrong and make up a bunch of excuses or lie to get out of trouble. But maybe Jackson isn't right for Winter. Time will tell...
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    AllyTod13 wrote: »
    I'm so excited to see Jackson in the future! College and his band, so much to look forward to and so many possible twist as well ;)

True...it will be happening shortly!!! :smiley:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Jackson trying to please everybody reminds me of me. It almost killed me because I would please one person and disappoint another, and the cycle never ended... But that's a story for another time. Lol. I hope that Jackson can learn far sooner than I did... <3 And I hope that Winter doesn't give up on Jackson, even if he gives up on her. She worked so hard to get him...

That's interesting that you have that personality. You must be well liked for sure! But yes, I'm sure you had your struggles with this just like Jackson. We shall see. I think he's going to struggle a lot with it. ;)

Sadly, I'm not quite so much liked as several would hope. My trying to please everybody had led to me being a very, VERY passive and indecisive person. XD I am not the person to look towards when a huge decision needs to be made. :wink:
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Chapter 2.35

Jackson

Mako and I were hanging out at my house, playing video games. My stomach was all tied up in knots because we were going to meet up with Van Gas, former front man of the legendary band, Phoenix, in a few weeks. She’d just told me they loved our sound and wanted to speak with us in person. He was now in charge of Starlight Records.

Looking at her watch, Mako said, “I’ve got to go. Have to study for that test in Physics.” She added after eyeing me up and down, “You know...you really need to get rid of this Dustin Jieber look you’ve got going on. It’s not going to sell us as a band to Starlight Records.”

Screenshot_239.jpg

“What do you mean? I look cool.”

She laughed. “Sure, you’re cool for tweenie bopper bubble gum pop music, but we are a nu metal band, Jackson. That calls for a certain look. It’s time to change.”

Screenshot_1201.jpg

I glared. I knew where this conversation was headed. “I’m not going to get a bunch of freakish tattoos, Mako. I don’t want to carve up my body.”

Screenshot_1197.jpg

“Jackson, what’s wrong with a tattoo? Just a little one on your forearm. It would look kicka*ss. And you definitely need a different haircut. I’m tired of the bangs. People should see your eyes.”

Screenshot_1199.jpg

“You really think that’s going to make any difference to the producer? I mean, he liked our songs. Isn’t that enough?”

Screenshot_1202.jpg

“Fine, Jackson, stay a suburban pretty boy, but I’m telling you we are up against two other bands for this slot. Honestly, are you going to throw it away because you don’t want to mess up your hairdo? Seriously!”

Screenshot_1203.jpg

I scratched my chin. I never thought about it, but Mako was right. If we were going to sell ourselves as a rock band then we did need to look the part as well. “Okay. I’ll get one tattoo. Will that make you happy?”

Nodding, she said, “I’ll book us at my favorite place. I might as well get another one, too. And you can go to my hair salon. It’ll be a new you!”

Screenshot_1204.jpg

I shook my head. “You don’t have any landscape for the tattoo artist to work on, Mako. Where could you possibly put another one?”

Her lip curved into a twisted smile. “Wouldn’t you like to know?”

Over many days, I got my tattoos. Once the artist told me what he had in mind for me, I couldn’t say no. The tattoos were going to be sick. And he was the most amazing tattoo artist I’d ever seen. It cost a fortune, but I loved how it looked. I’d asked my fathers before I did it. They both agreed since I was eighteen now, I could do what I wanted. Pops warned me that tattoos were permanent. He often wished he hadn’t gotten so many over the years, but I always liked his tattoos. And besides, this was for my career.

When I went over to Winter's house, she totally hated them. And hated my hair.

Screenshot_1246.jpg

"I don't understand, Jackson," she said, looking like I'd just told her I was dying of cancer. "What the h*ll did you do to yourself?"

"Geeze, Winter, it's just hair. It'll grow back."

She groaned, "But your arms. They're...they're..."

"They're inked. What's the big plumming deal? You're freaking out for nothing."

Screenshot_1247.jpg

Squinting at me, she grabbed my face, pulling me toward her. "Hmm...well, at least I can see your gorgeous eyes better. I guess I could get used to it."

"Yeah...you see? It does look good."

"Don't push your luck, Jackson. I'm being generous."

Screenshot_1248.jpg

Draping my arms around her, I whispered, "Well, this hasn't changed." I laid a kiss on her so deep, it left us warm, flushed, and breathless.

Screenshot_1249.jpg

I didn't hear anything more about it.

Finally it was time for the meeting. Clarke, Mako and I arrived at Dump Towers where Van lived in his penthouse.

“Can you believe this, man?” Clarke asked. “We’re going to meet THE Van Gas. My stomach is about to explode, I’m so nervous.”

“Hey, dude,” I countered, “Don’t plum your pants. Then he really won’t sign us.”

“Shut up, boys,” Mako interjected. “It’s time. Let’s go.”

Screenshot_1205.jpg

Van’s boyfriend let us in, saying we should wait a moment.

Screenshot_1210.jpg

I couldn’t believe this place. Gold records covered the walls and the flooring looked like a huge piano. It was so awesome!

Screenshot_1207.jpg

“Just think, dude,” Clarke said. “That could be us one day hanging on his wall.”

“Yeah, I know,” I said. “Hard to believe this is even happening.”

Mako chided, “Don’t get ahead of ourselves. We haven’t been offered the deal yet. Just let me do the talking.”

I sighed. Mako was great at business stuff. I didn’t like even having to deal with this side of things at all. I loved to write music, play instruments and sing. But it was huge having her as a part of our band. Without her, we’d still be playing in Clarke’s garage for his grandparents’ mice.

Screenshot_1208.jpg

My heart pounded as we entered this rock star’s office. It blew me away. I felt as if I was someone else, living a dream.

“Hey, there,” Mr. Gas said in a raspy voice that probably came from smoking too many cigarettes and screaming out music for so long. “Have a seat. So glad you kids made it.”

Screenshot_1211.jpg

“Er...” he went on, “aren’t there like five of you? Where’s the rest of the band?”

Mako answered, “They had other obligations, but I assure you, they are on board with whatever we decide. If you have contracts ready, I will take them to our drummer and keyboard artist to sign.”

Screenshot_1212.jpg

“Okay, well, I must say you really have this sweet rocker vibe going on. I’m pretty stoked about your sound, too. Especially your song Matchless. That is one sick ballad. Think it’ll hit the charts.”

“Really? We’re so happy to hear that, Mr. Gas,” Mako said. She was so good at sounding like a real professional.

Screenshot_1219.jpg

“Jackson, you wrote Matchless, right?” Mr. Gas asked. “What was your inspiration?”

I shrugged as my face warmed. “Um...I guess I haven’t had much luck in the romance department. Had a few break ups to deal with and that just came out of it.”

Screenshot_1222.jpg

“Well, keep up the angst. I can’t wait to send you all out on tour. We have you lined up to open with the band, Depressed.”

My eyes popped. “Depressed? Really? They’re like my idols. Wow.” I couldn’t say anything else, I was so stunned. We were in!

“Now, all you need to do is sign these contracts and I’ll have everything set up for you. The tour starts in August and should run until the following March.” Shrugging, he added, “There will be a few weeks of downtime where you’ll be able to go home and rest, but Depressed likes it on the road, so you’ll need to make preparations. I’ll order up a bus for you at first, but with the advance I’m giving you, you’ll be able to buy one.”

Screenshot_1221.jpg

August through March? That meant my college plans would have to be put on hold. “Um...I didn’t realize it would be so long. I thought tours were only for a few weeks. And in the summer.”

Screenshot_1217.jpg

Flipping his hands, he said, “That’s the name of the beast, kid. If you don’t like it, you don’t have to do it. I’ve got fifteen other amazing bands I could sign.”

Screenshot_1223.jpg

Mako stepped between us. “He’ll sign, Mr. Gas. Won’t you, Jackson?”

Closing my eyes, I felt my head nod. I had no clue what I was going to tell Winter. She will have my head and serve it up for dinner when she finds out.

Signing so many papers, I heard Van Gas say, “I remember when I got my first record deal. God, that was so many years ago. All I can say, kids, is you better be prepared. Your lives are about to change.”

Screenshot_1225.jpg

If you like the rocker's penthouse, it's by @RABOOSKI . You can download it here: PENDULUM PENTHOUSE

I was so happy to find all those gold records and rock wall hangings. They are by the amazing @Munterbacon . If you like it, you may download it here: MUNTERBACON RECORDS

Winter's mansion is by @RABOOSKI and you can download it here: Rabooski Estate

Alex's new movie poster can be found here: DISORDER MOVIE/BOOK POSTERS
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    My jaw DROPPED when I saw the new Jackson. He looks so grown-up now! I love the new look.

And uh-oh, he really threw a wrench into Winter's six-year plan. I don't think she's going to be very happy about the touring, especially with him choosing that over college.

I really can't wait to see how everything unfolds--and of course, who Jackson ultimately ends up with.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    OMG, I love Jackson's new look, especially those tattoos! I smell trouble ahead for our dear Winter as it looks like he'll choose the music business over college.

I'm beginning to fall in love with the beautiful Mako! She's such a beauty queen! :love::love::love::love::love:

I can't wait to see how this unfolds and who he ends up with!
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I'm with Winter on this - hoping the hair will grow back soon. :D
    I'm guessing that the six-year plan just went out of the window...
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I'm with Winter on this - hoping the hair will grow back soon. :D
    I'm guessing that the six-year plan just went out of the window...

I don't like it either. Jackson's face needs hair. Ha! But for storytelling purposes, he couldn't grow hair that fast so it had to come off to look edgy. I promise, it will grow. And Jackson's look will evolve over time, too. Sort of like what happened with Alex. (Although no transitioning! Ha!)

Winter is very good at revising her six-year plan. ;)
    My jaw DROPPED when I saw the new Jackson. He looks so grown-up now! I love the new look.

And uh-oh, he really threw a wrench into Winter's six-year plan. I don't think she's going to be very happy about the touring, especially with him choosing that over college.

I really can't wait to see how everything unfolds--and of course, who Jackson ultimately ends up with.

Yeah...Winter is not going to be happy with this change. She hates change, if you haven't noticed! Ha!

It was fun giving Jackson that makeover. I've had this planned since the beginning of the generation, so this was a milestone moment for me! This along with whom he ultimately chooses. That will be a FUN chapter to write. You guys will love it. >:)
    OMG, I love Jackson's new look, especially those tattoos! I smell trouble ahead for our dear Winter as it looks like he'll choose the music business over college.

I'm beginning to fall in love with the beautiful Mako! She's such a beauty queen! :love::love::love::love::love:

I can't wait to see how this unfolds and who he ends up with!

Oh...you haven't seen the best part of his tattoos. His back is breathtaking. I'm hoping to find the same artist who did the sleeves and back for his front. He has something else, but I don't think it fits very well. I won't tell you what it is...you'll get to see him without a shirt on. ;)

Mako is so gorgeous, I'm astounded by her beauty when giving her makeovers. I was blessed with very pretty sims that everyone offered. Couldn't have found them on my own! It will be a little while before that climactic chapter, but we're getting closer!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    Wow, what a drastic makeover! I love it!

I'm sure Winter won't be happy about Jackson touring instead of going to college. There will probably be a lot of groupies throwing themselves at him! And he will be around Mako all the time...
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    edited February 2017
    Wow! Jackson looks completely different! I'm happy he got a haircut but not sure how I feel about the tattoos...they look amazing but I'm a little disheartened he fell to peer pressure and didn't just get one like he said (or even one sleeve). The tattoos change so much about his look! I guess I'm just afraid he won't make it big in music and then he'll regret looking like such a punky rock star later when he starts a family. I'm nervous! Hang on tight everyone!

Edit: Where do you get your maxis styled cc? It's incredible! And will any of your sims be having a special Valentines Day date?
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Wow, what a drastic makeover! I love it!

I'm sure Winter won't be happy about Jackson touring instead of going to college. There will probably be a lot of groupies throwing themselves at him! And he will be around Mako all the time...

I think Mako is the biggest threat... >:)
    Wow! Jackson looks completely different! I'm happy he got a haircut but not sure how I feel about the tattoos...they look amazing but I'm a little disheartened he fell to peer pressure and didn't just get one like he said (or even one sleeve). The tattoos change so much about his look! I guess I'm just afraid he won't make it big in music and then he'll regret looking like such a punky rock star later when he starts a family. I'm nervous! Hang on tight everyone!

Edit: Where do you get your maxis styled cc? It's incredible! And will any of your sims be having a special Valentines Day date?

Well...yes, he may regret all the edgy tattoos later in life...or not. We shall see! ;)

Here's a great link to a lot of Maxis match hair: Maxis Match

As for a special Valentine date? Prom will happen on Valentine's day. The story is ahead in time. ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    It appears Mako has quite the influence on our little Jackson I'm sure Winter is going to love to hear this hehe >:) I wonder how wild this tour will be maybe a accident could happen once or ten times :p Loving Jackson new appearance looking like that adorable nooboos can't be far behind ;)<3
  • Options
    HerosesimsHerosesims Posts: 186 Member
    in my sims town: same gender couples will be very rare until generation 3
    Your sims town: EVERYONE LIKES THE SAME GENDER! =D
    [this is a joke plz dont kill me...]
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Herosesims wrote: »
    in my sims town: same gender couples will be very rare until generation 3
    Your sims town: EVERYONE LIKES THE SAME GENDER! =D
    [this is a joke plz dont kill me...]

Lol! Actually, that boyfriend is a Maxis sim who is very gay. He just so happened to be there and voila! He ended up in the story. :p
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    It appears Mako has quite the influence on our little Jackson I'm sure Winter is going to love to hear this hehe >:) I wonder how wild this tour will be maybe a accident could happen once or ten times :p Loving Jackson new appearance looking like that adorable nooboos can't be far behind ;)<3

She's the biggest influence atm. Bigger than Winter...wonder if she should worry? Nooboos are getting closer!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    @pammiechick Thank you for the link! I'm definitely downloading some of these!
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    nbgangelovanbgangelova Posts: 194 Member
    edited February 2017
    Ooooooooh I'm so excited to see Jackson's shenanigans while they're on tour. Are you going to touch the subject of drugs and/or alcohol, since it seems to be going in that seedier direction (unless Winter has her way)? By the way I'm SO glad he got a hair change. Is he finally a young adult now?
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Love love LOVE THE NEW JACKSON! Don't change him. Please please please!
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    Ooooooooh I'm so excited to see Jackson's shenanigans while they're on tour. Are you going to touch the subject of drugs and/or alcohol, since it seems to be going in that seedier direction (unless Winter has her way)? By the way I'm SO glad he got a hair change. Is he finally a young adult now?

Yes...Jackson and pals will be living a rocker's life, so we'll see what messes he gets himself into. Jackson isn't a YA in game yet. That will happen after prom (after graduation which I won't shoot.) We will have several time jumps occur much like what happened with Alex and Knight.
    Love love LOVE THE NEW JACKSON! Don't change him. Please please please!

The only things that will change is Jackson might get more tattoos, piercings, and his hair will definitely change a lot throughout time. Just like Alex--his hair changes, although he's settled on the medium hair length. Who knows what Jackson will end up doing? Not sure yet...ha...
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    spontaneousivyspontaneousivy Posts: 250 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm sensing real vibes from that teen novel & movie - If I Stay *
    Rocker boyfriend, conflict with girlfriend about music career ... I wonder how Jackson and Winter's story will end?

*Corrected the movie name - because I suck at teen information - (an excellent song though, Stay With Me)
    Post edited by spontaneousivy on
  • Options
    I'm sensing real vibes from that teen novel & movie - Stay With Me.
    Rocker boyfriend, conflict with girlfriend about music career ... I wonder how Jackson and Winter's story will end?

"Oh won't you staaay with me, cause you're aaalll I need"

I couldn't help myself, but yes I too am increasingly curious about who Jackson's final mate will be :o
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member

Oh, yes please more of this Jackson! Liked the tats on Mako but, goodness, I love them on Jackson!
    But I smell an affair with Mako ahead. Stay strong, Jackson! Just say no. :p
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

I shook my head. “You don’t have any landscape for the tattoo artist to work on, Mako. Where could you possibly put another one?”

That's my girl! :D

Thank you for using my gold records CC, and the Alice Cooper poster looked awesome on the wall too!

dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    edited February 2017

That's my girl! :D

Thank you for using my gold records CC, and the Alice Cooper poster looked awesome on the wall too!

Lol! You'll be seeing much more of your girl in the chapters ahead! ;)

It was funny...I did a google search for gold records sims 4 cc and up popped your items. I didn't know they were from you until I downloaded and saw your name! I should have remembered you used some of those in your story, right? So perfect! Thank YOU!
    Sarahkay wrote: »
    Oh, yes please more of this Jackson! Liked the tats on Mako but, goodness, I love them on Jackson!
    But I smell an affair with Mako ahead. Stay strong, Jackson! Just say no. :p

Lol! Just say no...should be his catchphrase from now on! :lol: Jackson will get into tattoos, I can assure you! Ha!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    "Dump Towers" I had to stop, I was laughing so hard I couldn't even see straight. My sides were hurting.

Oh, and as for Jackson's new look, I like the rocker vibe. Though that's a hell of a lot of new tattoos. I feel bad for Winter, though (and I wasn't even Team Winter! I am now). He should have at least talked it over with her before getting himself inked and a new look. I know mystery woman is bound to show up and tear these two apart, but I don't want it to happen now! I want Winter to get her 6 years plan. You're killing me Pammie!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Chapter 2.36

Jackson

Dressed in my tux, I strode out into the hallway, hoping the limo was already here. I didn’t want to have to call the place and make Winter wait. God knew I’d already had so many strikes against me with her lately. And this was prom. Her shining moment. She’d built it up in her mind for so long that her wedding would pale in comparison. And if we didn’t make prom king and queen, I didn’t even want to think about it.

Suddenly, I felt a tug on my jacket.

Screenshot_1228.jpg

“Hey, Jacky, can I go with you?” my little sister’s voice lilted behind me.

Screenshot_1227.jpg

Turning around, I saw she’d gotten into the makeup Jianna had given her. She was so cute. Poking her head, I said, “What is this, monkey? Did you take a bath in Ji-Ji’s lipstick?”

She put her hands by her mouth and giggled. “I can’t put it on like Ji-Ji.”

Screenshot_1229.jpg

“Well, that’s okay. You look good to me,” I said, lying out my butt, but she didn’t need to know that.

“Can you take me instead? I want to go to prom, too.”

Grabbing her hands, I said, “Sorry, monkey, but I already asked Winter. You wouldn’t want me to make her sad would you?”

Screenshot_1231.jpg

Her eyebrows drew up angrily. “She’s so braggy. Why do you like her? Mako is better.”

Patting her head, I said, “The only reason you like Mako is because she gives you candy. That’s not love. It’s bribery.”

Screenshot_1232.jpg

“Still...”

Turning, I said, “I’ve gotta jet, monkey. I’ll see you later.”

She launched herself at me, draping her arms around me like a spider monkey. “Please take me, Jacky. I promise I’ll be good. You won’t even know I’m there.”

Screenshot_1234.jpg

Shaking my head, I kept walking, dragging her along behind me.

As I entered the living room, Pops whistled. “Goodness, Jackson. I hardly recognize you in a tux. Here. Let’s get a picture.”

Pops and his pictures. I hated it. But if I didn’t let him get his fill, he’d keep me longer. “Just a few, Pops. I’ve got to go. I don’t want to be late.”

“It’ll just take a second. Say cheese!”

Screenshot_1237.jpg

“Jacky is going to take me, too, Daddy,” I heard Dakota say behind me.

“Is he?” Dad asked. “Well, that’ll make me sad. I thought we had a date.”

Screenshot_1238.jpg

“Nope. Jackson likes me better than that dum*b old Winter. Right, Jacky?”

Dad laughed and winked at me. “Right, Jacky?” Dad was having a blast at my expense.

“Come on, monkey,” I answered, sighing. “You know I’ll always love you best, but let’s keep it a secret.”

Screenshot_1241.jpg

“Yay!” Dakota cried. “I’ll keep it a secret from everyone except for Winter.”

“You’re a little demon,” I joked.

Pops tapped me on the shoulder. “Limo is here. You better go.”

Screenshot_1242.jpg

Opening the door, I heard Pops say, “Be safe, Jackson.”

“We love you!” Dad called out.

I smiled. I had the best family in the world.

Screenshot_1243.jpg

Driving up to the place, all my friends collectively sighed when they saw it.

“It’s way cooler than I expected,” I mused.

Screenshot_1250.jpg

“It should be for the price of the tickets,” Manu grumbled.

Celia hit him on the shoulder. “Hey...I’m not a cheap date.”

Kissing her on the cheek, he said, “You’re not, but you’re worth it.”

I liked seeing Celia happy with Manu. They fit each other. She was a way better girlfriend with him. I just made her turn into a crazy jealous freak.

Squeezing Winter’s hand, I asked, “Are you ready?”

She bit her lip. “I hope so.”

“Let’s go, Angel.”

First order of business was getting some sparkling cider and taking pictures. It was hard to get everyone from the limo to smile at once. And I couldn’t help but kiss my girl. She pinched my leg and said, “You’re going to ruin the picture!”

But I wouldn’t let her go. Giving her little kisses, I said, “You love it. Admit it.”

Winter giggled and kissed me back.

Screenshot_1251.jpg

Winter

Oh. My. God.

PROM!

And my hubby was doing an amazing job making everyone dance and party and have such a blast.

Screenshot_1254.jpg

And he was all mine.

Screenshot_1252.jpg

I could have danced like that for hours. It was so crazy to see all my friends with us, celebrating. The place was packed with kids from our high school, eating, dancing, taking pictures. What a night!

Screenshot_1253.jpg

After several, excruciating hours, the moment I’d been waiting for had finally begun. As president of our senior class, Clarke started the ceremonies, “Hope all of you are having a great time! Are the Llama Kings great or what?”

Everyone whooped and cheered.

Suddenly, my handsome hubby came up behind me and whispered in my ear. “Are you nervous?”

Nervous was an understatement. It felt as if angry bees had decided to forge a large hive in my stomach. I’d been planning for this moment for like three years. Ever since I’d sat next to Jackson in health in tenth grade and here we were. Together, happy, and one of the finalists for prom king and queen. The other couples were Victoria and Ben, Sandra and Mickey, and some other couple who played in the band whom I didn’t know, Brooke Montano and Paul Hasley.

I squeezed Jackson’s hands as he nuzzled my neck. He said, “Don’t worry...even if we don’t win, you’ll always be my queen.”

Aww...he was so sweet.

Screenshot_1255.jpg

“And so, without further ado, the winners for A Night in Starlight Shores Prom King and Queen are...”

Screenshot_1256.jpg

My heart literally stopped. Come on. What was taking the im*becile so long to say it?

“Jackson Richardson-Day and Winter White!”

The applause was deafening. And before I knew it, Jackson was kissing me, making my head spin.

The curtain behind the stage flung open, revealing a gorgeous picture of us. Tears sprang to my eyes.

Year one of my six-year plan was in full motion! I couldn’t believe it!

Screenshot_1259.jpg

“Are you happy, Angel?” Jackson asked between kisses.

All I could do was nod. I was so stunned. It was all so surreal.

Screenshot_1258.jpg

Clarke interrupted, “Hey, King and Queen, are you just going to stand there and smooch or are you going to accept your award?”

Screenshot_1260.jpg

As we strode up to the podium, Victoria put her fingers in her ears and taunted, “S*ucks to be you guys! Ben and I dodged a bullet there! I wouldn’t want my face plastered all over the walls!”

“Babe,” Ben moaned, crossing his arms.

Screenshot_1261.jpg

“Sure you wouldn’t, Vick,” Jackson said. “I promise I’ll let you wear my crown, okay? So stop whining like a baby.”

After everything settled down and the dj took over for the night, I decided I needed to freshen up. The bathrooms were so nice. They came with bottles of perfume, lotions and makeup. I was in heaven! I didn’t want this night to end.

Spraying some sweet gardenia perfume next to me, Mako said in a fake syrupy voice, “So...you forced Jackson into becoming your prom king. I hope you’re happy. You know he’s not like you, right? He could care less about superficial things like that.”

Screenshot_1262.jpg

I didn’t like the girl before, but now, it was on. She’d showed her cards but unfortunately for her, she didn’t know who she was dealing with. Winter White owned all the aces.

Narrowing my eyes, I countered, “What are you trying to say, Fake-o? Are you jealous? Because if you are, I don’t blame you. You see, Jackson is my boyfriend. Maybe you can’t stand the thought? Not sure.”

Screenshot_1267.jpg

She laughed wickedly. “Sure, sure, enjoy your fantasy for the moment. But it’s not going to be you on the road, touring with him. And for your information, our band bus is going to be tight. And cozy.”

Screenshot_1276.jpg

“Band bus?” I asked. Jackson never told me about any tour. What was she babbling about?

Screenshot_1264.jpg

“Ah...I see...trouble in paradise already. Do you mean your boyfriend didn’t tell you we will be the opening act for the band, Depressed, for the next year? And I’m very sorry to say he won’t be attending Bulliard. He will be on the road. With me.”

Screenshot_1275.jpg

Could this be true? Did Jackson not tell me on purpose? The realization of this stung deep, but I couldn’t let this tra*mp know she’d spurred me. I chuckled. “Are you serious? Of course he’s told me. He tells me everything. Especially when we’re in bed.”

Screenshot_1281.jpg

“Enjoy it while you can, ho, because I’m for real. I know what Jackson is about. You don’t.”

Screenshot_1265.jpg

Throwing the lipstick in the mirrored box, I growled, low and mean, “Call me a ho again, and you’ll find out exactly what I really am.”

Screenshot_1272.jpg

She glared at me, fists tight.

I stood my ground, holding her eyes. I wasn’t going to let some low rent rat from who-knew-where-ghetto intimidate me.

Screenshot_1277.jpg

“You’re messing with the wrong girl, b*tch,” she spat.

“Bring it on,” I said.

Screenshot_1278.jpg

Luci

Walking into the bathroom, I noticed Winter and Mako chatting. It was weird. I sensed a tense vibe. Then I heard the word “b*tch” and figured I’d better stick around. The two looked like they might fight at any moment.

I glanced at my phone, pretending to read a text.

Then Mako hissed, “You really want to do this? Here?”

Screenshot_1280.jpg

Without another word, Winter flung her body at her like a ball shot from a cannon and before I could say anything, they were slapping each other.

Screenshot_1283.jpg

Not knowing what to do, I raced out of the bathroom. There sat Jackson. Maybe he could stop it. “Hey, guys! Jackson!”

Screenshot_1286.jpg

“Come quick! Your girlfriend is slapping Mako!”

Screenshot_1285.jpg

Special thanks to the AMAZING @RABOOSKI for designing this incredible nightclub just for Jackson's prom. The theme is Hollywood Glitz and Glam. If you want an upscale place for your sims to play, you may download it here: RECEPTION DESTINATION
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg