The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge V2 (Updated for CL / Toddlers)

Comments

• Options
    JDSimzJDSimz Posts: 791 Member
    I wasn't feeling my other matriarch Elizabeth, so I made a new sim to begin the challenge, Phoebe Sawyer!
    fdrm87.png
    Origin ID: ducklansimming
    "I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me."
    tenor.gif?itemid=9963762
  • Options
    ThomasLeThomasThomasLeThomas Posts: 78 Member
    edited January 2017
    My matriarch almost died while trying to take care of her toddler twins while being pregnant...

She just came home with freaking triplets.
    I can't handle this.
    I'm serious though, I really think I can't handle this. My toddlers are healthy but I think my matriarch is on the edge of dying :cold_sweat:
    I got a new blog! Click here!
  • Options
    MareviolaMareviola Posts: 86 Member
    My matriarch almost died while trying to take care of her toddler twins while being pregnant...

I can't handle this.
    I'm serious though, I really think I can't handle this. My toddlers are healthy but I think my matriarch is on the edge of dying :cold_sweat:

Omg! Poor matriarch! Does she have 2 toddlers and 3 babies now to take care of? :cold_sweat:
    I've done the 100 Baby Challenge, check it out on my tumblr.

Babies: 100/100
  • Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member

I can't handle this.

Oh gosh, I'm sorry that's happening to you :sweat: Give your matriarch a few days to relax and get her needs back up. If you've got some money, get a nanny and a scheduled maid at least untill she's feeling better. Don't get her pregnant again untill both she and the kids are completely fine, maybe even wait untill they're kids.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    @XDJSIMMERX I really like your new matriarch! Margo's wearing the same top, it's one of my favourites in the game. Phoebe is also an awesome name, it's on my list so one of my kids might get it as well. Do you know charmed? I already have a toddler named Paige and Piper is on the list too :smiley:
  • Options
    Mareviola wrote: »
    Omg! Poor matriarch! Does she have 2 toddlers and 3 babies now to take care of? :cold_sweat:

Yeah, three babies in the living room and two toddlers in the kid's room.
    Erica87 wrote: »
    Oh gosh, I'm sorry that's happening to you :sweat: Give your matriarch a few days to relax and get her needs back up. If you've got some money, get a nanny and a scheduled maid at least untill she's feeling better. Don't get her pregnant again untill both she and the kids are completely fine, maybe even wait untill they're kids.

I already hired a nanny earlier but she barely did anything in my opinion. I'll give it another try now because I don't really have many options :sweat: And I barely have any money anyway and OH GOSH I just realised I need to pay the bills
  • Options
    I already hired a nanny earlier but she barely did anything in my opinion. I'll give it another try now because I don't really have many options :sweat: And I barely have any money anyway and OH GOSH I just realised I need to pay the bills

Oh my. Seems like worse came to worst for your poor matriarch :disappointed: If it's that bad and you can't afford a nanny then you might have to prioritize your matriarch over the kids for a while, meaning you only care for the babies' immediate needs and just put out some food for the toddlers from time to time. Toddlers luckily are fairly self-sufficient. That's really a bad situation though... If you have any aspiration points left over, buy the moodlet resolver potion for your poor matriarch, I have a feeling she could really use that right now. It fills all the needs and removes all negative moodlets.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Yeah, thanks for the advice! :smile: I'm just gonna write a post for the blog first and I already got a great title! :smiley:

HELL.

Not that I don't love all these kids, but that's just my experience right now xD I'm seriously so tired now, just like Ellie.
  • Options
    I've just read your newest blog post and it seems the key to not getting rejected by already married sims is to never ask them if they're single in the first place. Apparently that makes them suddenly remember their spouse and then they feel super guilty and don't want to get with your sims anymore! :lol:

I feel you, I had times where I was quite exhausted, especially when the triplets still were teens and I had Percy, Paige and Brian to care for as well. I think we all have these times but from experience I can tell you that it gets better the older the kids get!
  • Options
    Oh, I just realised at least I didn't get the "panicking-father/stalker" glitch with the toddlertwins! :open_mouth:
    I'm probably just gonna call one of the fathers on a daily basis because they usually start taking care of the kids automatically.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »

Considering what @meubanks said I think we do need additional rules for the clubs. While I don't think people using what the game gives them is all that wrong I do want to limit exploitation of ingame glitches or mechanics that could be abused in a profitable way. In this case I would suggest that we add a rule that states that sims in the household may either join already created clubs or create clubs that have no encouraged / discouraged activities. That way the exploitation of the system should be limited while players who use the clubs for daddy hunting or family gatherings still can use them. What does everyone think about this?

And what does everyone think about randomizing lot traits, should we replace the current existing options with the rule that lot traits have to be randomized every 5th child?

As for lot traits, I would think doing Options, like you have, would be best. Not everyone has City Living, so their lot traits are limited and not everyone will want to randomize them. I, personally, think it's a fun idea but I think 5 generations is a bit long. If I have this planned out correctly, I'll be finished on Generation 5. Maybe every other generation.

And clubs. I wouldn't see the need to ever join a club that has no encouraged or discouraged activities. You're virtually doing nothing, therefore, there'd be no sense in even doing the club. Maybe go thru and place restrictions on some of the perks and/or activities. I'm not a huge club player, but maybe limiting to only One or two encouraged activities (such as skill building) and 3 banned activities. And maybe limiting or restricting certain perks or a certain number of perks.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @XDJSIMMERX Your new matriarch is cute. She looks a wee bit flirty/romantic. That will help with the baby daddy's, I'm sure! Good luck. :)

@ThomasLeThomas Just remember, moodlet solvers can be your matriarch's best friend. Removes negative buffs and maxes out needs (cost 500 aspiration points).
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @Erica87 I do love that top, Backyard Stuff is my favorite pack in the game! :) I just started playing with her, and she got pregnant right away with J Huntington III's baby. She started flirting with Travis Scott as well!
    tenor.gif?itemid=9963762
  • Options
    @Erica87 I also just want to ask, how did you make your profile picture. Did you use Photoshop? Or another photo-editing software?
    tenor.gif?itemid=9963762
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Just finished getting my Plum Tree all fixed up. Link in my signature if anyone wants to see. :smile:

Cool! checked out your family as well. Good looking kids as well. Loving being able to check out the family tree this way.
  • Options
    @Chellejo Well if you don't have city living you don't have to use lot traits, they are still optional. And it's not every 5 generations but every 5 babies. In the end you can still change that rule if you don't like it. And about the club encouraged / discouraged activities is fine but I would disallow perks in general. If that also means that having a club makes no sense then we might as well just go back to there not being any restrictions. I would like to make the rules smaller and easier to understand, not even more complicated than they already were.

I'm feeling a bit under pressure right now. I can't make rules to accommodate everyone's individual alterations. You're welcome to make alterations but I don't feel like everything has to be added into the core. This is not specifically meant towards you though, @Chellejo.

@XDJSIMMERX I used photoshop. I thought about opening up a little graphics corner where people can request avatars / signatures or banners from me but I'm at this point in time too busy to do it. Once I'm done rewriting the rules and doing other stuff I need to do I might open it.
  • Options
    HeyBailsHeyBails Posts: 672 Member
    @Erica87 That would be a really cool thing for you do to if/when you get time. :) I'm sure players would really appreciate that.
  • Options
    MareviolaMareviola Posts: 86 Member
    Lilian is pregnant again! And her two first daughters left the nest :'(
    I've done the 100 Baby Challenge, check it out on my tumblr.

Babies: 100/100
  • Options
    Oh dear, @ThomasLeThomas do you have any rewards points? can you use some to buy moodlet solver potions? I will do that if my matriarch gets into dire straits. They are 500 points.
  • Options
    @Erica87 That would be really cool! Of course you must take care of more important things first, but when you have the time I would definitely look into that! :)
    tenor.gif?itemid=9963762
  • Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    I thought twins were bad, but I just found out Layla is pregant with triplets :s
  • Options
    CactiSimmerCactiSimmer Posts: 138 Member
    @Erica87 Even in death, Jaques' ghost wouldn't leave me alone. I tried banishing his spirit, didn't work. I ended up deleting him using MCC

Yes! i had to resort to doing that as well! I really didn't want to delete him but i had to go into manage households and get rid of him he was scaring the toddlers and breaking all of our plumbing
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I thought twins were bad, but I just found out Layla is pregant with triplets :s

Triplets? Wow! That's going to be ...'fun'. :wink:
  • Options
    Triplets: Feed, change diaper, cuddle, sleep, repeat :lol:
  • Options

Without any sort of rewards or lot traits, the first pregnancy ended up with twins. First I will show you pictures of the family .. then some random screen shots. My plum tree ap link is here: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#58829f56b12f3732714edf9d
    #1 Devan Crowley~Twin .. The twins are also aged to children..
    31608958234_1d702653bc_n.jpg 31608958604_cb063a9182_n.jpg
    #2 Kristan Crowley~Twin
    31608957634_7d9a01b13f_n.jpg 31608957964_64e8a35dbf_n.jpg
    Twins father~Conner Crowley (I have a CC skin pack..he's not an alien)
    31608958854_7d1af0eb78_n.jpg

#3 Johanna Flex ... and also as a child
    ur]32342497221_ece1db77b0_n.jpg
    Father: Marcus Flex
    31608957294_c7216f34da_n.jpg

#4 Halle Scott
    31608956194_d62206a25b_n.jpg
    Father: Travis Scott
    31608956864_1aebee56f0_n.jpg

#5 Reid Richard (alien hybrid?) (2nd image was him as an infant)
    32085721370_521aa2a8e9_n.jpg 32312840522_415e15b9ca_n.jpg
    Father: Ari Richard (Alien)
    31608956484_cfd83d32a8_n.jpg
    Liberty is currently pregnant with baby #6 .. the father is Kabir Joyson
    32312495182_9089eae4a6_n.jpg