Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how was 2016 for you?

SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
So how was 2016 for you? What changes would you like to see in your life in 2017?

I think it was a rather good year. I had been out of work cause of my anxiety for a few years. This year I managed to start going to the shop on my own and I even got a part time job. This is the best year of the last 7 years. I hope, if life doesn't get better in 2017, then at least it stays stable like it is now.
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    It was amaaaaaayzing!! One of my fav ones besides 2005.

I hope 2017 will be good. Now I'm kinda sacred cuz usually I have a good year and the year after that is a bad year and the year after is good, etc. But usually, even numbered years are bad years for me and odd numbered years are good. So I don't know why 2016 didn't follow the trend. :confounded:

And I agree with you. I hope 2017 will be as good as 2016 if it isn't better.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    2016 has been one of the worst years I've had the displeasure to suffer through.

Health problems have kept me close to housebound, and have murdered my social life.

I want my health will improve in 2017, but I dont' have much hope for it. :/
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited December 2016
    Worst year of my life. It was absolutely awful. I lost the only grandpa I've ever. My step grandma passed too. And she was a far better grandmother than my actual grandma that's still living so thats been rough too.

I had to put my cat down. I still find it hard to go home sometimes. It just doesn't feel like home. And I can't get another cat at this time even though I really want one.

My mental health was so bad for the first half of the year. It was nearing dangerous levels.

And so many trivial things. That shouldn't get to me so much but there were so SO many that its ticking me off. Even the little things wouldn't go right this year. I try to appreciate the little things especially in such tough times but there just aren't any (well, that's a bit of exagerration, but not by much at all).

The one good thing in this god awful year was.finally getting a job. After like 2 years. And its going pretty well.

But its a sucky year in a string of like 6 sucky years and I'm so done. 2017 better finally break this curse I'm under. Something's just gotta give.
    Post edited by dreamerz13 on
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    On a personal level it was one of the best years I've ever had. But for the world as a whole... uerhghghgh...........
    44444.gif
  • Options
    @Movotti Oh man, I can relate to this so hard. Been really bad cause of my health since 2009, housebound with no social life as you put it, plus out of work for years. But yeah luckily this year was good. My health is better but not normal yet so I'm scared I'll go back to the way I was.

@DeKay yay! :D My mum has a thing where something big happens in years ending with 5 or 0. Nothing happened in 2015 so... that broke the spell.

@dreamerz13 I'm sorry you had an awful year :(

@MelanieSimlish yeah globally it was horrible. And what sucks is that it's all people's fault, meaning it could have been avoided.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    It hasn't been the best year honestly. Lots of issues with 2 of my teen sons (I have 3). They older of the two was finally diagnosed with ADHD which explains a lot of his issues. He's just starting on medication now so hopefully things will improve. The other one has just done some 🐸🐸🐸🐸 plum that kids sometimes do. But its not fun when I work at the same school that he goes to and the principle comes to me while I'm at work and tells me that he's being suspended for having cigarettes in school.

My dad's health has been going down the last few years. This year seemed especially bad.

I think I may be having some depression again. It's been on and off the last 5 years since we moved away from everyone, but I've really been feeling it lately. I was used to seeing my mom and dad at least once a week and now I only see them a few times a year. I don't really have any friends here. The people that I work with have all been working together for years and even though I've been there for almost 4 years, I'm still the outsider. I'm the youngest one that works there. They're all grandmas(they have grand kids). I get a long with them fine, but don't have much in common. Its hard for me to make friends because I'm shy and I like things that a lot of girls that I know don't like - video games, fishing, sports, etc. I did have 2 really good online friends but they've both disappeared so :confused:

All in all its been a crappy year but it could be much worse. I keep telling myself that.

Happy New Year everyone! Hopefully this will be the start to a great year for all of us :)
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    Donna6155Donna6155 Posts: 55 Member
    Outside of breaking both bones in my left wrist back in May, 2016 wasn't too bad for me. Have had to deal with alot of pain with it due to the plates and screws. But next month, the plates and screws will be taken out. I am really wishing and hoping that 2017 will bring peace and love to everyone in the world. The hate, bitterness and all needs to stop.
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    2016 was finally a decent year for us. Starting in 2009 things had become horrible. I lost my mom just before mothers day, my husbands business that he had run for over a decade went under due to the economy, we lost our home, the rest of my family doesn't want anything to do with us, my husband got a great new job he worked at for 1&1/2 years then got in a car accident on his way home from work 2 miles from home. He had to have 5 discs in his neck fused and his work didn't want him back. Thank goodness he bought disability insurance at work or we would have been in big trouble.

So 2016 had been a good year compared to the previous few. We're getting back on our feet again.
  • Options
    CoemgenusKCoemgenusK Posts: 211 Member
    About average for me. Had some health issue I had to deal with but is finally getting back to normal.
    positively Epicurean
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    2016 could have been just a little bit nicer for me. In March my half-sister passed away unexpectedly from an infection caused by pneumonia. In July, my youngest step-brother died after a heart attack - at age 39. Crazy. In October, my boyfriend's mom also passed away unexpectedly due to a bit of negligence at a local hospital. She had been a very close part of my life for the last 26 years.

And a few hours ago, one of my cats succumbed to a terrible seizure.

Other bad stuff has happened all year but those are just the lowest of the low points for me. I'm hoping for a better 2017 than this year has been.

The good things? I still have my health and my children are happy and healthy. I still have a job.
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    It's been one of the best years of my life! I finally enjoyed life as a college student. The music I discovered helped get me through busy weeks. It was also a constant flow of new good music, which was pretty awesome. I also fell in love with a baseball strategy game called Out of the Park. It was also a really good year for TV shows, especially Netflix Originals.

I'm gonna miss this year. Hopefully next year will be just as good.
  • Options
    It's been one of the best years of my life! I finally enjoyed life as a college student. The music I discovered helped get me through busy weeks. It was also a constant flow of new good music, which was pretty awesome. I also fell in love with a baseball strategy game called Out of the Park. It was also a really good year for TV shows, especially Netflix Originals.

Awesome! I'm glad there are people who really enjoyed the year like I did. What are you studying?
  • Options
    Simpkin wrote: »

Awesome! I'm glad there are people who really enjoyed the year like I did. What are you studying?

My major is called Electronic Media, which is kinda broad. It covers learning how to use digital audio, video game and editing software. My focus is on the filmmaking part.
  • Options

My major is called Electronic Media, which is kinda broad. It covers learning how to use digital audio, video game and editing software. My focus is on the filmmaking part.

That's so cool. Hope it goes well, next year aswell. So you hope to be a director one day? Why didn't you go study filmmaking precisely?
  • Options

That's so cool. Hope it goes well, next year aswell. So you hope to be a director one day? Why didn't you go study filmmaking precisely?

I did a few years ago at a different college, but life happened and that college got too "meh" and expensive to stay at for me, so I looked for other options and found my current college. :)
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    It's OK, but confusing!
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It was pretty bad. There were good moments like me getting a huge raise and my cousin having his 2nd baby, but my uncle died this year. And a bloodthirsty madman with good publicity became our president this year. A lot of people already died as casualties. Things are looking worse for 2017, because the son of a former dictator who denies that his father did anything wrong and never returned the money they stole is moving in to take the vice presidency, which he lost by a small margin during the election. And of course the president is on his side. Things are looking grim.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Although I'm glad to hear that some of your lives improved this 2016. At least the world has been kind to some people.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    I had a death in the family so it wasn't that great for me.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited January 2017
    For me, it was overall kind of a rough year, especially the first half or so. Work was more stressful than usual and my financial situation was extra tight. The last couple of months have more or less been good though.

It was helpful for me to be around family over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. I feel truly blessed to have such a loving family and feel really bad for those who have lost love ones, so it's not something I ever want to take for granted. Hopefully that makes sense. :neutral:

Personally I'm looking forward to 2017 and hoping it will be a great year. Best wishes to everyone else on a wonderful new year too! :)
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited January 2017
    Well, after nearly dying at the beginning of the year, the first three months were a write-off because I was in and out of hospital for 3 months with a blood disorder! Note that within those 3 months, I could barely leave the house, and didn't sleep; I'm not exaggerating, I had full on insomnia for 3 months, AND I was stuck in my house. Granted I did basically re-evaluate my life in those 3 months, so as much as they were the worst 3 months of my life, I never want to forget them. If you're a lazy person who takes everything in life for granted, trust me, nearly dying fixes that very very quickly.
    Though I DID still get As and A*s in my GCSEs in May, so I think that proves that having a 60% attendance DOESN'T mean that you go down 5 grades (those signs around the school were lying all along)! :P

On the other hand, despite nearly dying, the rest of the year was fairly decent! :) Went to college in September, made friends with some really awesome people, and I'm doing all the subjects I love! I'm even known as a guy by everyone at college; it's brilliant! I wouldn't say that it made up for all the rubbish at the beginning of the year, but it definitely helped! ;)