Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Butler fee every time I enter my lot

alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,407 Member
In my game two twin girls just grew up to children, so I sent them to CAS to change their outfits. At the moment CAS was finished a big red -177$ was flying over the monitor. I tried it with their mother - the same. Is this new? Was this always so? Do we have to pay for new outfits now? Totally confused.
Post edited by alanmichael1 on

Comments

• Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Not in my game.
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    To be honest that would be sorta cool if implemented the right way.
  • Options
    kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    Have your sims got a butler? I've noticed whenever my sims come back from another lot I lose around $177 too. Seems to have started since I got a butler.
  • Options
    kellza wrote: »
    Have your sims got a butler? I've noticed whenever my sims come back from another lot I lose around $177 too. Seems to have started since I got a butler.

Exactly this, I just just noticed this when returning to my lot. Wow, that's an expensive butler! Is this a bug or by design??
  • Options
    kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    kellza wrote: »

Exactly this, I just just noticed this when returning to my lot. Wow, that's an expensive butler! Is this a bug or by design??

Glad to know I'm not the only one, but wow yeah expensive butler! My butler appears on the road when my sims come back, too. It's almost as if we're re-hiring them :/

When my sim was at the karaoke bar my butler showed up in normal dress then left, so maybe that leans towards possible re-hiring?
  • Options
    My Sims live in a penthouse and the butler is at home when I return. My game is very messy at the moment because as a German language player I suffer from the disastrous hospital bug, one of my Sims is stuck at the hospital until the end of the day and I'm getting orange exclamation marks. The buginess surpasses the worst times of TS3 by far.
  • Options
    I restarted the game and cleared the career mess but I have still to pay 177 $ each time I re-enter on my lot. The only exception is when I return from build mode.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I have also had this issue- when coming back from CAS or just switching families or leaving the lot and the amount doesn't match up to the time passed for sure- LOL. I figured it was some manner of bug but since the family I have him with is "cheats rich" (hey when you have their kind of wealth money does just seem to come from nowhere) I really don't care. Maybe it's a bug, maybe not- maybe it'll get fixed, maybe not. I haven't seen anyone else mention it yet.
  • Options
    The amount of 175 or 177 $ is the initial fee that you must pay when the butler starts his work in your household. I don't see why I should be repeated after every CAS.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I tried the butler once, and it kept taking money away from my sim as well, not just the daily fee, but any time I started up my game, came out of cas, or buy/build mode. The exact same thing happens with the maid and the Gardner.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,607 Member
    Hello.
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issues are still there.
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

If the issue remains after doing these things, it would be good to start a thread and post about the issue on the AHQ EA site.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I have this issue also, no mods or cc (because if I start, I won't be able to stop with them). It could be when you leave the lot, go out of CAS or build mode, the game treats it as you just hired the butler (a guess). The butler is riddled with glitches from what I noticed in my game. I have separate saves (no rotational games) and it happens in all those saves that have a butler and my husband game also shares this problem (no cc or mods in his game either).
  • Options
    I think think this is no bug but a a design decision.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I was wondering when exactly butlers were supposed to be paid, because I get this too. Every lot load and coming back from CAS too. If you switch households a lot, or modify outfits a lot, it gets VERY expensive.

I thought the $175 was only supposed to be once and then the rest would be added to the weekly bills?
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I think think this is no bug but a a design decision.

That would be a poor design decision m opinion. And it makes no sense to do a design that acts like a bug.. incase.. well I will remain nice.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Could be cause the game seems to reset every time you go back to your lot... problem since day 1
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Do you only have this happening for the butler ? It used to happen for every NPC. If you happened to be at home, when the maid left and then went traveling you were charged twice. I'm unsure what the current status on that bug is but it sounds like same-old-same-old.

Could you try maid or gardener to see if you have the same issue ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Is the Butler fee included in the weekly bills or separate?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2016
    The amount of 175 or 177 $ is the initial fee that you must pay when the butler starts his work in your household. I don't see why I should be repeated after every CAS.

I don't know how it happened but my butler on one lot went through the $5,000 my Sims had in two or three days. Maybe it's because I was leaving the lot? they wound up not having enough to pay their bills. ETA: He never goes to bed so maybe he is working to long (by the hour) and it's deducting all their money?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Is the Butler fee included in the weekly bills or separate?

Every few hours in my game. lol Or it seems but maybe it's the next day but he never sleeps so it's hard to figure out.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    This sounds like the maid glitch. Which they said they fixed, but I dunno…
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    crinrict wrote: »
    Do you only have this happening for the butler ? It used to happen for every NPC. If you happened to be at home, when the maid left and then went traveling you were charged twice. I'm unsure what the current status on that bug is but it sounds like same-old-same-old.

Well, I wanted to make a quick test with a nanny but that was a failure. The nanny didn't come to my penthouse (while the butler was there). I don't know if he/she was perhaps somewhere in the public space on the ground level.

However, after returning from CAS my Sim had to pay 175 $ for the butler and 60 $ for the invisible nanny. Bad service indeed ...
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I played with the butler once. I was on another lot and I cued up my phone to dismiss my butler. When I got back, another butler had took her place. I fired him and he left. None of my service NPCs seem to work except the repair man and gardener. It seems the main problems are with the maid and butler.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    crinrict wrote: »

Well, I wanted to make a quick test with a nanny but that was a failure. The nanny didn't come to my penthouse (while the butler was there). I don't know if he/she was perhaps somewhere in the public space on the ground level.

However, after returning from CAS my Sim had to pay 175 $ for the butler and 60 $ for the invisible nanny. Bad service indeed ...

... and a additionally, the German-Polish hospital bug has no entered my main game: 3 complete freezes in a row on my home lot. I think I will have to wait for an emergency patch, the game has become unplayable.

EDIT: Going back to an older save for 30 minutes and resetting the ex-doctor sim solved the problem for now.

Post edited by alanmichael1 on
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I have this issue for all NPCs and I don't believe it's ever been fixed for me. Leaving a home lot and returning results in all scheduled services charging even if they aren't on the lot.