Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City living did you know?

Comments

• Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    Did you know that there are rabbit hole events such as opera and circus?
    Did you know that some sims disapprove of other sims blowing the bubble blower?
    Did you know it can make your sims high?
    Did you know as a politician you can make false promises and ask for a bribe?

actually its not really being high because rated teen.

yeah... tell me that the bubble blower is not a hookah
    and nectar is not wine
    and juice shelf is not an alcohol shelf

Things don't have to be named for what they are as long as they represent a concept.
    Sometimes while blowing "bubbles" sims will get mood swings and then they may fall asleep. Name this reaction however you like, the concept behind it stays the same.

hey i am not saying the concept is the game just that they cant actually use those names because like i said rated teen and naming those things differently apparently makes it more acceptable.
  • Options
    Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    SimChickee wrote: »
    Did you know that all of these things so far have been mentioned in trailers?

I wouldn't know because I don't sit around and watch others play games on YouTube, I like to dive in and play myself so I don't have time for all that.

Sorry, I'm a sassy pants sometimes and I was just making a joke basing it on the fact that most of the "did you know" info above my post was mentioned in the trailers. And trailers are not "other people playing a game". Trailers are official videos that announce/showcase new features. How are you buying a game if you don't watch trailers? How do you know what you are buying?

I buy it because it says Sims 4. I'll buy everything released for the game
  • Options
    HannahcleolaHannahcleola Posts: 252 Member
    Did you know if you change the flavor on the "bubble blower" it will change your sims emotions? One of the flavors put.my sim to sleep +10,000 motive LOL too funny! ...I am from Colorado after all tehe :D
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Did you know that while there are gremlins that go around breaking your stuff if you get that lot trait, there's also gnomes that can go around fixing stuff randomly for another lot trait? :D Everybody mentions gremlins but I didn't know about the gnomes til I saw the full list.

You know my funny you should say that because the next place Shinya live in is going to have gremlins and gnomes when I thought they would make a great combination....LOL

You might want to rethink this. It might cause glitching if your game has conflicting traits happening at the same time. If the game is trying to break things and fix things at the same time, it may cause some kind of unending loop. If it works tho', let us know.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    did you know you sims can now be invited to underground parties and go to the opera? (Rabbit holes)
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    KrisBKrisB Posts: 256 Member
    Did you know that you can give your boyfriend/girlfriend a key to your apartment and they will show up whenever they want...Love it
  • Options
    OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    Did you know that City Living is AN AWESOME PACK? :)
    Did you know that your neighbors can leave notes on the boards in apartment halls with nice messages like, "Feel free to stop by! We're always welcome to get to know our neighbors more." and such?
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    CwOc9nLWgAAg5Q5.jpg:large

Did you know this totally isn't creepy at all?

Wait, you get random wierdo kids showing up at the door too? I might have to move some sims to San Myshuno after all.

It's a better choice on finding a child to adopt. Just imagine the conversation (Kid knocks on door) Child: HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO! Adult Sim At The Door: Your Adopted!
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Did you know that neighbors can come to your apartment when your cooking because they can smell the food you make and would ask if they can have some? Did you know The Sims 4: City Living is a new expansion pack? lol. Did you know that the music played at night in your apartment can actually disturb others that the neighbor will come bang on your door wanting you to be quiet? Did you know EA made The Sims 4? lol Did you know you can be invited to see an opera? Did you know there are Sims in The Sims 4: City Living? Did you know there is such as thing as talk radio on your radio? Did you know Sims can take a shower without their clothes? Did you know there's a new option for them to intentionally sing in the shower? Did you know that male Sims can pee in a toilet while standing? So much new information here haha....
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    KrisB wrote: »
    Did you know that you can give your boyfriend/girlfriend a key to your apartment and they will show up whenever they want...Love it

Shinya has multiple girlfriends, lovers, one night stands and is the boy toy to many lonely housewives, I am so counting on this when he gives out a key....LOL So far only his very best friends has keys.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited November 2016
    Did you know that neighbors can have too loud woohoo? And when you knock on their door, they come out in a towel? Kinda cute.
  • Options
    purpleto280purpleto280 Posts: 949 Member
    so if bubble blower is not a hookah - ( or can't get you high)
    and nectar is not wine

then woo hoo isn't sex....... just saying...... is all!
    sigsims%20copy_zps4jb8b2a9.png
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited November 2016

LMAO no joke, an adult male sim came to my family's apartment asking to play with the kids. I was like "🐸🐸🐸🐸?" I figure it's just a glitch. Or pedophiles were added to the game. But I highly doubt the latter.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    mika wrote: »

LMAO no joke, an adult male sim came to my family's apartment asking to play with the kids. I was like "plum?" I figure it's just a glitch. Or pedophiles were added to the game. But I highly doubt the latter.

Maybe he has the Childish trait?
  • Options
    KrisBKrisB Posts: 256 Member

Shinya has multiple girlfriends, lovers, one night stands and is the boy toy to many lonely housewives, I am so counting on this when he gives out a key....LOL So far only his very best friends has keys.

LOL...it will be interesting to see how many keys are handed out...I just experienced the boyfriend so far :)
  • Options
    RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    edited November 2016
    Did you know that if you go to the flea market, travel to another lot then return to the flea market, the flea market items will reset? It took me three tries to get it to spawn the flea market sofa, and I was able to get the snow globes I was missing on one of the tries from the sales table (all globes were there). ETA Did you also know that the new boxes sometimes give things other than snow globes? My sim found a rug in one.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Did you know? After using the bubble blower, my sim got a moodlet, grumble I forget the name of it now, but it changed her voice to sound like she had been sucking on Helium lol....it was too funny. For a certain time her singing and talking were very high pitched and very Wizard of Oz, Munchkin like!

My sim had the opposite!! his voice was like waaaayyy to deep and weird. Like sucking on helium only the opposite! It actually cracked me up, as do the names of the flavors actually... *not going there*
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member

LOL...it will be interesting to see how many keys are handed out...I just experienced the boyfriend so far :)

Oh I can't wait!!! I'm building a few different types of lots in hopes to try and entice Sims from other worlds to venture over to San Myshuno a little more then they do now. Peaking in here makes me want to lazy type builds because some of this stuff is just hilarious!!!!

Shinya's romances, the levels they reach to, how far they fall and the type of romantic relations he has, are purely based on the autonomous actions of the other Sim and his whims. So I'm hoping that to giving a key is also a whim. It will be rather interesting to see who he deems special enough for such a treasure. Oh I can't wait for the drama to unfold....LOL Especially with him and Candy. No matter how many times she has caught him cheating, she still wants to be with him and forgives him far too easily.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    belleceebellecee Posts: 47 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    Did you know that there are rabbit hole events such as opera and circus?
    Did you know that some sims disapprove of other sims blowing the bubble blower?
    Did you know it can make your sims high?
    Did you know as a politician you can make false promises and ask for a bribe?

actually its not really being high because rated teen.

yeah... tell me that the bubble blower is not a hookah
    and nectar is not wine

Things don't have to be named for what they are as long as they represent a concept.
    Sometimes while blowing "bubbles" sims will get mood swings and then they may fall asleep. Name this reaction however you like, the concept behind it stays the same.

Yeah, and they become "dazed" afterwards...