Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City living did you know?

Comments

• Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Did you know you can get a beret added to CAS if you have a Sim in the Art Critic career? I was going crazy trying to find the one that belongs to Miko Ojo, until I found out about this on another thread.

That's why I couldn't find it! thanks
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Did you know that neighbors can come to your apartment when your cooking because they can smell the food you make and would ask if they can have some? Did you know The Sims 4: City Living is a new expansion pack? lol. Did you know that the music played at night in your apartment can actually disturb others that the neighbor will come bang on your door wanting you to be quiet? Did you know EA made The Sims 4? lol Did you know you can be invited to see an opera? Did you know there are Sims in The Sims 4: City Living? Did you know there is such as thing as talk radio on your radio? Did you know Sims can take a shower without their clothes? Did you know there's a new option for them to intentionally sing in the shower? Did you know that male Sims can pee in a toilet while standing? So much new information here haha....

@DegrassiGen Was this comment really neasesary? I mean come on..

Sarcasm is needed in my posts. That's what makes me. Me...sorry! And for the record most of the things I said are actually game features lol so yes that was needed too!

The thread is called City Living did you know.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited November 2016
    Did you know you can buy locked items at the flea market?

Edit. Tiny pic was having problems so I removed the picture.
    Post edited by DragonAge_300905 on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    edited November 2016
    Did you know if your sim has a level 4 singing skill they can sing romantic ballads together even if their not romantically involved?

The balled interaction still pops up. In my case they were good friends but I didn't click on ballad because one was married to another sim.

I assume when you click it they start holding hands while on the karoke and become lovebirds.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Whwn you click on the electric boxes in the districts it will allow you to take a poster.

When you click on those changing advertisement signs it will allow you to find out what they're advertising e.g If you click on it when a movie poster is showing it'll tell you about the movie.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Did you know your neighbours can come over and invite your Sim to work out?

30706500562_2fbab59ffd_o.png

And that the "...pump *clap* you up!" is a reference to an old Saturday Night Live routine?
    Did you know you can grow plants indoors? It was probably always like this, but I never noticed. I now have a pomegranate tree in Rosemary's bedroom.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Did you know your neighbours can come over and invite your Sim to work out?

30706500562_2fbab59ffd_o.png

And that the "...pump *clap* you up!" is a reference to an old Saturday Night Live routine?
    Cool, I didn't.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited November 2016
    Did you know, bubble hookahs are considered loud by neighbors. And sims nearby will cancel interactions just to react to the hookah (and the talking toilet.)
    Did you know if your sim has a level 4 singing skill they can sing romantic ballads together even if their not romantically involved?

The balled interaction still pops up. In my case they were good friends but I didn't click on ballad because one was married to another sim.

I assume when you click it they start holding hands while on the karoke and become lovebirds.

You assume incorrectly. My BFF/Roommate sims sing duet ballads ALL the time and not once got a pink bar or romantic whims for the other sim.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,626 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Did you know there is a new greeting. If your sim meets his lover out in the world they will sort of lift their chin and say "Hmmhm" while your sim will blow a kiss back.

There's another new greeting when your friend with your sim's apartment key where they do the pointing at you and 'hey' thing. <- best description. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @DeKay is the 'hey' thing like the insider trait "finger point swivel" thing?
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    @DeKay is the 'hey' thing like the insider trait "finger point swivel" thing?

Well my sim that did that didn't have the insider trait, but it was something like that but not really. They make a noise too. :D I'll try to look out for it if I can and maybe gif it or take a screenshot.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Cool, I'll keep my eyes open too. I've generally been noticing a lot more greetings, like I'm seeing the goofball welcome a lot too. I don't think that is new though... just it's frequency seems to have been increased. :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cool, I'll keep my eyes open too. I've generally been noticing a lot more greetings, like I'm seeing the goofball welcome a lot too. I don't think that is new though... just it's frequency seems to have been increased. :)

Hmm, maybe the one I saw was the goofball one then since that sim has the goofball trait. :D
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    @NZsimm3r: Is this the goofball one you're referring to? Cuz all of my sims neighbors have this trait except for one but that one hasn't barged in yet like his other neighbors here. The second sim has the key but not the first. XD

VS9EP4i.gif
    tCrRiQI.gif
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Did you know there's karaoke contests on certain days? ;)
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    edited November 2016
    Did you know that when your electrical box sizzles and you don't fix it in time, you get a power outage in your apartment, but it doesn't last long. :)
    I must say I am enjoying CL :)
  • Options
    Did you know, bubble hookahs are considered loud by neighbors. And sims nearby will cancel interactions just to react to the hookah (and the talking toilet.)

You assume incorrectly. My BFF/Roommate sims sing duet ballads ALL the time and not once got a pink bar or romantic whims for the other sim.

Ballads are supposed to be romantic. Oh well atleast I know now.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member

Not all ballads are romatic irl...and I don't remember any guru saying the ballads were supposed to be romantic, unless I missed a tweet or something about it.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options

Not all ballads are romatic irl...and I don't remember any guru saying the ballads were supposed to be romantic, unless I missed a tweet or something about it.

That is how you get sims to hold hands when doing karaoke if their already romantic with each other.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Did you know that Gnomes not only fix broken objects but upgrade them too?
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

That is how you get sims to hold hands when doing karaoke if their already romantic with each other.

They should hold hands for all songs if they have a romance bar for it.

Ballads actually aren't specifically romance.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    ibstinkypoohibstinkypooh Posts: 85 Member

What does "plum" mean? I'm really enjoying this list. I haven't been able to play as much as I would like so it's given me some great ideas.

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,611 Member
    What does "plum" mean? I'm really enjoying this list. I haven't been able to play as much as I would like so it's given me some great ideas.

Hello
    It is when a word has been censored by the forum censor. The word replaces the censored word.