Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do sims 2 lovers still play sims 4?? Ok there ya happy!

sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
edited October 2016 in The Sims 2
I play about once every 2 weeks I'm wondering if sims 4 city living will make it more enjoyable 9
Post edited by sweetface44 on

Comments

• Options
    mastersimmer125mastersimmer125 Posts: 15 New Member
    I still play yes but I do think City Living is making a very great addition to the game! Granted a lot of it seems to be EP exclusive (as in it might not be able to be integrated in other parts of the games, such as festivals), those features actually seem to be really intriguing. Yes, apartments are slightly annoying but they're only a slight problem! I watched the live stream with SimGuruJill only recently and I was really brought in by the pack. The amount of work put into this pack feels amazing! At least in my opinion, City Living seems to make the game more enjoyable once it comes out. But in the end, it always comes up to what your tastes are for certain aspects, so mine may be different to yours in terms of what makes it enjoyable for us.
  • Options
    DeadGiveawayDeadGiveaway Posts: 13 New Member
    I only played the demo, so I might be biased, but I really tried to give it a chance and I just didn't like it. It doesn't feel like a sims game to me. I'm not upset about the toddlers or the usual stuff, but just the fact that it's so... different.

That said, I really like the new build mode. It's not organized in a way I'm comfortable with, but the actual process of building a house in sims 4 is so much easier than in the previous games. I also feel like there are a lot more options for architecture styling. I'm definitely a builder so I wish the rest of the game was equally as well put together, because I'd probably play it just for that.
  • Options
    AlorxicoAlorxico Posts: 360 Member
    Sadly, no. I don't like losing control of my Sims families when I switch over other families. I'm a Storyteller type of player, weaving all the tales of my Sims together, so control is essential.
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Um, maybe this is a really dumb question but why is this in the Sims 2 section if it's about Sims 4?
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Um, maybe this is a really dumb question but why is this in the Sims 2 section if it's about Sims 4?

I was just thinking the same thing..... :|
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited October 2016
    They can still keep the sims 4 in their stores. It's defintively not my kind of game despite a couple of good items they developped for ts4.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    ImGluedToMyComputerImGluedToMyComputer Posts: 188 Member
    lol why is this in the sims 2 section, TS2 isn't even mentioned....
    Soo... When do we get preteens playing in snow?
  • Options
    lol why is this in the sims 2 section, TS2 isn't even mentioned....

maybe they saw the two in the first post lol
  • Options
    Actually I meant to say do sims 2 lovers StI'll play sims 4
  • Options
    Ah, well, then I'd have to say no, as I've only ever played one and two. I have no interest in three or four. There's just so much to still explore in two, that I can't imagine trying a newer version of the game, especially if there are things (important things) missing from it as many have stated there are.
  • Options
    Actually I meant to say do sims 2 lovers StI'll play sims 4

Oh lol makes sense now
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Lol ok sure now I am happy :D No I never even bought 4, to much missing, to many issues, definitely not my cup of tea. I am not sure my answer counts as I was never playing it to begin with :D . I will play 2 or 3, original if I still had it, but that is a big negative for 4.
  • Options
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Lol ok sure now I am happy :D No I never even bought 4, to much missing, to many issues, definitely not my cup of tea. I am not sure my answer counts as I was never playing it to begin with :D . I will play 2 or 3, original if I still had it, but that is a big negative for 4.

I started playing TS3, it was very fun! Then I bought TS4 I enjoyed it for a while, then i just made up story lines and made my sims lives crappy because it was no fun to do anything but waste money anymore. Then i got TS2 which was probably the best decision i could have made, I can't find anything i can't do! I don't play TS4 or TS3, I can't play The sims 3 anymore because my mac can't take it and crashes, I don't play The Sims 4 anymore because i find little enjoyment in it.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited October 2016
    I play both Sims 2 and 4 and enjoy both immensley.

I got into Sims through Sims 3 (and thanks to arecent Steam sale have the complete set if EPs for the game and a bunch of store content) but due to frustrations in getting the game to actually work I ended up getting Sims 4 (unfortunately after they stopped giving out the CC of Sims 2) I've played many hours and love the game and have hall the various packs for it.

I started picking up the Sims 2 disks last spring and now have everything except Apartment Life, Open for Business and Bon Voyage and some of the stuff packs. I really enjoy Sims 2 it's definitely a challenge but is really fun. I'm holding off getting the remaining content because I'm getting a new computer soon and am not sure it's going to have a disk drive or not if it doesn't I'll probably give getting the Complete Collection a go because I'll miss playing the game.

For now both games hold my interest equally at the moment and I enjoy switching between them for my daily play.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    3KNPen wrote: »

I got into Sims through Sims 3 (and thanks to arecent Steam sale have the complete set if EPs for the game and a bunch of store content) but due to frustrations in getting the game to actually work I ended up getting Sims 4 (unfortunately after they stopped giving out the CC of Sims 2) I've played many hours and love the game and have hall the various packs for it.

I started picking up the Sims 2 disks last spring and now have everything except Apartment Life, Open for Business and Bon Voyage and some of the stuff packs. I really enjoy Sims 2 it's definitely a challenge but is really fun. I'm holding off getting the remaining content because I'm getting a new computer soon and am not sure it's going to have a disk drive or not if it doesn't I'll probably give getting the Complete Collection a go because I'll miss playing the game.

For now both games hold my interest equally at the moment and I enjoy switching between them for my daily play.

You know that you can purchase a portable CD/DVD drive, right?
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »

You know that you can purchase a portable CD/DVD drive, right?

To add on to this, you only need the disc for Sims 2 to launch the game. You can load the game and then remove the CD/DVD drive and have no issues with the game.

However, if Sims 2 is the only game or program that you would need it for, then I would contact EA at that time and say that you got a new computer and it doesn't have a CD drive.
  • Options
    youcrAzy13youcrAzy13 Posts: 213 Member
    I tend to go back to the Sims 4 sometimes... right now I am fully indulged in my medieval themed sims game(I'm gonna post pics in another thread) but if I wanna go play something modern I'll go back to the sims 4
    Always and forever, Alyssa Edwards
    bibbby%20b.gif
  • Options
    BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    I do try to play Sims 4 every now and then... but the traits, moods, reactions are so shallow and I get bored super quickly :D
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited October 2016
    I play both ts2 and 4. I enjoy TS2 as to me it has the most integrated gameplay, sound AI and offers very individual sims at a personality level. They truly react how they should to situations. I'll never understand why they moved from this personality system to traits, instead of improving on TS2.

I like TS4 Build mode and CAS much more than any previous iteration (but in saying this i was not a builder before, so i think its only good for newer builders rather than those needing advanced tools). I've learned to get over the art style and the worlds are significantly improving IMO (take windenberg). But I find TS 4 major flaw is disconnection with sims from the world. They may look more diverse but they act the same and I am tired of the emotion system - it doesn't bring anything to my game.

TS 4 is easier than earlier iterations. This is a love/hate thing for me. I more so play TS4 when coming out of a lupus flare as it allows me to build small amounts of concentration and its an activity i can do, but when I am fully well I tend to play ts2.
  • Options
    Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    I play the sims 4 occasionally, but I usually switch right back to the sims 2.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I play both 2 and 4. TS2 is an excellent, well-crafted gaming experience and I lose entire days playing it. TS4 is a good game...but it has a lot of rough edges and it often feels like it's still being experimented with rather heavily at times--particularly when they put out a patch that makes a major gameplay change that probably looked better on paper than it functions in practice.

Besides, I've got TS2:UC and I'm still exploring all of the content from the EP's! I haven't even opened a business or sent anyone to college yet, let alone gone on vacation or tried out apartments...Still so many toys left untouched in my toybox! :D
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    I play both 2 and 4. TS2 is an excellent, well-crafted gaming experience and I lose entire days playing it. TS4 is a good game...but it has a lot of rough edges and it often feels like it's still being experimented with rather heavily at times--particularly when they put out a patch that makes a major gameplay change that probably looked better on paper than it functions in practice.

Besides, I've got TS2:UC and I'm still exploring all of the content from the EP's! I haven't even opened a business or sent anyone to college yet, let alone gone on vacation or tried out apartments...Still so many toys left untouched in my toybox! :D
    Yes I have had the sims 2 sense the very beginning and I am still experiencing new things about this game.. straight masterpiece

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I play about once every 2 weeks I'm wondering if sims 4 city living will make it more enjoyable 9

About once every three or four months and not for more than an hour.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I play both.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    It has been ages since I played The Sims 2. Been there, done that and enjoyed it most of the time. And played it to pieces! Then along came The Sims 3, and it was generally a big disappointment to me. Too many bugs and flaws that never was properly patched.
    Nowadays it is The Sims 4, and on my super computer it is the best running version until now. I love the gameplay, and the fact that is IS well crafted and properly patched, and not too difficult to correct, if something goes wrong. I am sure, I will play this version to pieces, too. <3