The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Apartment Building?

Comments

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited October 2016
    teaa5 wrote: »
    ok ok ok ok... I know I might need some mental help after typing this but.. They called this "expansion pack" City Living... Not apartments living. Maybe there will be something in the future that they will actually make "living in an apartments" game pack and then we will be able to build them. Not the huge ones maybe... but smaller ones? ok even for myself I sound so dam naive here...

ha ha ha I gave you a like for this.
    Some players said the same thing when we got retail but no ticket machines to run service shops. It is much easier to say that in future maybe there will be something.

I bet seasons will have only one season and then there will be players who will say the same thing about that bright future thing of TS4!
    Post edited by halimali1980 on
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    ok ok ok ok... I know I might need some mental help after typing this but.. They called this "expansion pack" City Living... Not apartments living. Maybe there will be something in the future that they will actually make "living in an apartments" game pack and then we will be able to build them. Not the huge ones maybe... but smaller ones? ok even for myself I sound so dam naive here...

I get what you're saying but I believe most simmers are saying is that anytime.were given something new we've always been able to recreate a venue or whatever. This is the first time ever that we won't be able to create apartments.

I'm thinking is that, apartments shouldn't have eBen been added, especially when it give the builders or people just want to make one that choice.

We're being limited on things we can do and build now in the sims 4, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was only on season in an season ep where you get 4 world's one for summer, one for winter, one for fall and one for spring....that would be ridiculous.

Then with pets, you can't just create them in cas buy purchase pets through online petting store...I don't even want to give thme that idea lol
  • Options
    Who needs apartment buildings? who even asked for apartments in TS4?
    I don't understand why EA even added them!!

We sims 4 fans have expressed our views so many times again and again that we don't want expansion packs with game playing objects. This is too much for us.

EA, please keep it simple next time. All we are asking for is CAS items. Do you even listen? CAS items only. Because only CAS items can make the game better. Next time please don't include worlds. Nobody needs them too

I asked for them. So there. Go play with CC if CAS is all you want.

You don't need to ask. They read your mind.
    Whatever they offer turns out that it is something you asked for! :D
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member

I get what you're saying but I believe most simmers are saying is that anytime.were given something new we've always been able to recreate a venue or whatever. This is the first time ever that we won't be able to create apartments.

I'm thinking is that, apartments shouldn't have eBen been added, especially when it give the builders or people just want to make one that choice.

We're being limited on things we can do and build now in the sims 4, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was only on season in an season ep where you get 4 world's one for summer, one for winter, one for fall and one for spring....that would be ridiculous.

Then with pets, you can't just create them in cas buy purchase pets through online petting store...I don't even want to give thme that idea lol

It will even be worst when after you adopt your pet online the pet just "POOF" appears from a colorful cloud instead of someone bringing your new pet to you....(this message has been brought to you by the founders of Mr. Rodgers neighborhood where we help The Sims 4 feel like eternal heaven. Consequence has been omitted to keep a teen rating)! :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2016

It will even be worst when after you adopt your pet online the pet just "POOF" appears from a colorful cloud instead of someone bringing your new pet to you....(this message has been brought to you by the founders of Mr. Rodgers neighborhood where we help The Sims 4 feel like eternal heaven. Consequence has been omitted to keep a teen rating)! :)

Well they did say Sims 4 was going back to the roots of the game - we got bassinet babies, no toddlers, and other Sims 1 type aspects in this game so why be surprised if we couldn't create pets and they got delivered to your house like in Sims 1 - same with Seasons it was done on vacation lots only. So if it happens - I would guess it was because many players seemed to like Sims 4 the way it is like Sims 1 - so they are catering to them. In Sims 1 all we could mainly make are houses also. Like we couldn't do much in Old Town but decorate. Everything was preset including the Sims that worked in all of Old Town and such.

Maybe they are Simply catering to all the folks who claim to be loving Sims 4 and hating on Sims 2 and 3. If that is how things get done we can thank them for being so delighted with Sims 4. I knew getting completely back to the roots of the game would not be a good thing once we preferred Sims 2 and Sims 3 where creativity was all ours. Sims 1 did it all for you too. Have to remember that.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2016

No it's not the first time ever - in Sims 1 we could only decorate venues - and build houses. They did say Sims was getting back to the roots of the game - as I stated above- Sims 4 is basically a modern version of Sims 1 - from my viewpoint. Oh and with less "stuff" of course.... LOL.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    @halimali1980 @libra_style hehehe you are right guys but still hope does dies the last lol Sometimes I do hate my optimism:)) Especially if reality shows something different. It is just hard to believe that there are nothing to look forward to anymore.. Last more than couple of years I checked sims sites for news about new expansions, was so excited and happy and all and then sims 4 came... and the excitement is gone and you just keep hoping that like the wheel of fortune, the luck will come back - the excitement will come back even if you know it won't happen:(

I am still waiting for the Seasons...
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    @halimali1980 @libra_style hehehe you are right guys but still hope does dies the last lol Sometimes I do hate my optimism:)) Especially if reality shows something different. It is just hard to believe that there are nothing to look forward to anymore.. Last more than couple of years I checked sims sites for news about new expansions, was so excited and happy and all and then sims 4 came... and the excitement is gone and you just keep hoping that like the wheel of fortune, the luck will come back - the excitement will come back even if you know it won't happen:(

It seems every pack will have limitations to stir anger that is well deserved. Last time it was "No building apartments, no NPC roommates, no moving pre made apartments to other worlds" even two years after the "naked base game" The Sims 4 is still about the "No!" So when I imagine seasons for The Sims 4 I would imagine seasons would actually come with it but for visual appeal only. Sims will not be able to create snowmen but at least now they can cheat on their taxes with a new "property tax" system. You cannot make snow angels and puddle animations have been altered for appearance only but at least we can get new "Ghetto-Sytle" weather reporters with two reporters in a tank top giving you a single message that pops on the top-right of the screen that says "If you want to know the weather get your lazy butt outside". While there will be no leaf on leaf off animation system for the fall or spring seasons you will get six new chia pets (CHA CHA CHA CHIA!) ranging from a freezer bunny chia pet to a cow that's trying to graze from it's own head. Temperatures have been omitted due to time constraints so instead a heater/air conditioner gameplay object has been added for homes that can either cause your Sims to pass out for being too hot or cause ice sickles (that won't be possible to form outside of a home) to form on your furniture causing the "Slip off like a fool" moodlet from slippery furnishings! But beware Simmers! If you set your air conditioner/heater to "Just right" this might cause three Sims in bear outfits to come to your door asking for porridge that's "Just right"! So once again we are being given a theme by popular demand just with limitations with the style "We are giving you this but you can't do that" theme!
  • Options

It seems every pack will have limitations to stir anger that is well deserved. Last time it was "No building apartments, no NPC roommates, no moving pre made apartments to other worlds" even two years after the "naked base game" The Sims 4 is still about the "No!" So when I imagine seasons for The Sims 4 I would imagine seasons would actually come with it but for visual appeal only. Sims will not be able to create snowmen but at least now they can cheat on their taxes with a new "property tax" system. You cannot make snow angels and puddle animations have been altered for appearance only but at least we can get new "Ghetto-Sytle" weather reporters with two reporters in a tank top giving you a single message that pops on the top-right of the screen that says "If you want to know the weather get your lazy butt outside". While there will be no leaf on leaf off animation system for the fall or spring seasons you will get six new chia pets (CHA CHA CHA CHIA!) ranging from a freezer bunny chia pet to a cow that's trying to graze from it's own head. Temperatures have been omitted due to time constraints so instead a heater/air conditioner gameplay object has been added for homes that can either cause your Sims to pass out for being too hot or cause ice sickles (that won't be possible to form outside of a home) to form on your furniture causing the "Slip off like a fool" moodlet from slippery furnishings! But beware Simmers! If you set your air conditioner/heater to "Just right" this might cause three Sims in bear outfits to come to your door asking for porridge that's "Just right"! So once again we are being given a theme by popular demand just with limitations with the style "We are giving you this but you can't do that" theme!

hahaha Love this post!!! ehhehe and you are right. Sims 4 for me is everything about the look, look and look. It is like sims 4 is constantly taking selfie and ask : how do I look? I know they are trying their best, I mean developers here - and I am quite sure that if only devs would decide about the game it would be a totally awesome game. Sadly... *sighs* I know they are trying within budget and within everything what was given to them and I am grateful here, but I do not like the game as it is.
    Anyway:)) I am on the edge of that roof;))) still waiting for Seasons and ready to jump ;))))
    00.jpg

Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options

hahaha Love this post!!! ehhehe and you are right. Sims 4 for me is everything about the look, look and look. It is like sims 4 is constantly taking selfie and ask : how do I look? I know they are trying their best, I mean developers here - and I am quite sure that if only devs would decide about the game it would be a totally awesome game. Sadly... *sighs* I know they are trying within budget and within everything what was given to them and I am grateful here, but I do not like the game as it is.
    Anyway:)) I am on the edge of that roof;))) still waiting for Seasons and ready to jump ;))))

Haha! Don't jump quite yet! Although I'm predicting you will cause once again we are being slapped in the face with another "stuff pack" coming this winter! And yes I've already been making jokes on the possibilities such as "The Sims 4: Pencil Sharpener" "The Sims 4: On The Side of Your House" stuff pack that serves as a prequel to Backyard Stuff that's a sequel to Perfect Patio! I swear I think someone has been slipped with laxative with their orange juice and instead of the "nasty pile" running towards the "hole of freedom" instead is an idea for a stuff pack. Yipeee! lol. I'm seriously wondering if there's going to be stuff packs for every minor thing. Lol. If that's the case I want to be on board for the upcoming stuff pack "The Sims 4: Medicare. A brand new stuff pack for the elder life stage including new medical equipment, life insurance is now an interactive feature such as seniors collapsing in shock when they are denied life insurance...with a new interaction for elders only that's called "Get off my freakin lawn!"....coming to an annoyance near you!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Haha! Don't jump quite yet! Although I'm predicting you will cause once again we are being slapped in the face with another "stuff pack" coming this winter! And yes I've already been making jokes on the possibilities such as "The Sims 4: Pencil Sharpener" "The Sims 4: On The Side of Your House" stuff pack that serves as a prequel to Backyard Stuff that's a sequel to Perfect Patio! I swear I think someone has been slipped with laxative with their orange juice and instead of the "nasty pile" running towards the "hole of freedom" instead is an idea for a stuff pack. Yipeee! lol. I'm seriously wondering if there's going to be stuff packs for every minor thing. Lol. If that's the case I want to be on board for the upcoming stuff pack "The Sims 4: Medicare. A brand new stuff pack for the elder life stage including new medical equipment, life insurance is now an interactive feature such as seniors collapsing in shock when they are denied life insurance...with a new interaction for elders only that's called "Get off my freakin lawn!"....coming to an annoyance near you!

Can we please get a portable oxygen tank for my eldersms? And that action where they whip out a tom of grandkid pics to show off?
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Can we please get a portable oxygen tank for my eldersms? And that action where they whip out a tom of grandkid pics to show off?

In the immortal words of The Sims 4 team "We hear you!" lol
  • Options

ahhaha thank you for making me laugh!!:)) eheheh and you are so right:) I am just waiting for "DO not touch this" stuff pack, " limited" stuff pack, "limited thinking of you" << romantic edition stuff pack for 14th of February:) "Deal with it - one piece of Turkey only" Thanksgiving stuff pack:) and then I bet the last stuff pack for sims 4 will be: "The last surprise - limited edition" (with 0 content) :)))
    00.jpg

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member

Maybe and maybe not, Imho whatever apts you getting in CL may be all the apts you will be getting and I will not be holding my breath on them making one. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options

ha ha ha I gave you a like for this.
    Some players said the same thing when we got retail but no ticket machines to run service shops. It is much easier to say that in future maybe there will be something.

I bet seasons will have only one season and then there will be players who will say the same thing about that bright future thing of TS4!

Looking how they did CL makes me wonder about Seasons being if Sims 4 supposed to be all that and a bag of chips, I am afraid to see how Seasons will turn out.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Maybe and maybe not, Imho whatever apts you getting in CL may be all the apts you will be getting and I will not be holding my breath on them making one. :)

yeah... :( I just need to suppress my natural optimism with some reality:)) And get my hopes buried somewhere, where I can't find them anymore;)
    00.jpg

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    What happened to everyone thinking that the modders would save the day? Creating buildable apartment, according to some, would be so simple for them to do, so why aren't they being talked about as the saviors anymore?
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Well they did say Sims 4 was going back to the roots of the game - we got bassinet babies, no toddlers, and other Sims 1 type aspects in this game so why be surprised if we couldn't create pets and they got delivered to your house like in Sims 1 - same with Seasons it was done on vacation lots only. So if it happens - I would guess it was because many players seemed to like Sims 4 the way it is like Sims 1 - so they are catering to them. In Sims 1 all we could mainly make are houses also. Like we couldn't do much in Old Town but decorate. Everything was preset including the Sims that worked in all of Old Town and such.

Maybe they are Simply catering to all the folks who claim to be loving Sims 4 and hating on Sims 2 and 3. If that is how things get done we can thank them for being so delighted with Sims 4. I knew getting completely back to the roots of the game would not be a good thing once we preferred Sims 2 and Sims 3 where creativity was all ours. Sims 1 did it all for you too. Have to remember that.

One correction here. When they said the sims 4 is going back to the roots of the game they did not mean to the roots of the sims. They meant to the roots of what sims 4 was supposed to be, that is Olympus

They were very honest about it lol
    giphy.gif
  • Options

I gave up. Even a miracle will not save it. But according to EA stuff packs are life savers lol
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Forget about activities and stuff that might come with seasons. Seasons already has been decided that will come with only two seasons as per their survey!

And guess what? We already have one that is summer! So they will only add one and most probably it will be spring! Adding few rosy flowers to the ground.

In case they decided to work harder and provide rain or snow then it will be world exclusive. Means only in the new world while the rest will be stuck with how it is now
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    apocalyptic_ishapocalyptic_ish Posts: 6 New Member
    It's such a disappointment ..... :(
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    What happened to everyone thinking that the modders would save the day? Creating buildable apartment, according to some, would be so simple for them to do, so why aren't they being talked about as the saviors anymore?
    They may not be mentioned as much but it is not on the shoulders of modders to do what should be done by EA/Maxis themselves. I do not expect anything from modders being they do a whole lot more.

Post edited by Goldmoldar on
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

One correction here. When they said the sims 4 is going back to the roots of the game they did not mean to the roots of the sims. They meant to the roots of what sims 4 was supposed to be, that is Olympus

They were very honest about it lol

This was never stated at all. What was stated was that by going back to the roots they meant focusing on the Sims themselves.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

I gave up. Even a miracle will not save it. But according to EA stuff packs are life savers lol

for them for sure:)) lol $$$$
    00.jpg

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

It's pretty unrealistic for anyone to assume apartments would be easily moddable when we don't even have access to the EP.

Modders save the day frequently for me, but I don't have any expectations for someone to mod "buildable apartments" into the game. The foundation for what many players expected isn't there, and this pack doesn't change that. All apartments are regular lots that are surrounded by a slew of decoration.