Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A letter to Johnny Zest

Dear Mr. Zest,

This is not an easy correspondence to pen. I do value you as a former neighbor and have in the past thought of you as a friend. That relationship has made it all the more unfortunate that I should have to contact you on the unpleasant matter of your constant attempts to lure my wife away on what are clearly romantic liaisons. The problems with your behavior are not only limited to the nature and frequency of the solicitations, but also highly inappropriate timing of your phone calls. Most recently you have called her while we were on our night out at the five-star Ferns Red Experimental Cuisine to ask her on a dinner date to that very restaurant at that exact time.

Your endless advances have made all of us uncomfortable, but none more than our 14 year-old daughter whom you have now also begun to call in the same manner. You are a grown man, sir, and I assume that I should not have to explain the law to you. Understand that, should you contact any member of this household again, my next call will be to the Newcrest Police Department.

With the utmost sincerity,
Calvin Moreaux

Comments

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    :o I would never have thought he was capable of this. Shocked.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Sounds as if you have a bit of drama going on in your game. In one of my very early game saves, the Pancakes, in particular Bob, hit on my Sim's wife, too. It was so bad, my Sim was very angry at 'what had been going on behind his back'. I had to have his wife be extremely attentive to him, trying to get him 'talked off of the wall', so to speak. But, it sounds as if Mr. Zest, whom I've never had the pleasure or even displeasure of running into in my game, has been up to something rather nefarious. I do hope your Sim had the letter delivered via his lawyer. Or at the very least Certified mail.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MAGICALMJJ13MAGICALMJJ13 Posts: 177 Member
    Sounds like he's obsessed with your simmies wife and now that he can't come over and see her all the time it's kicked his obsession into overdrive. Maybe he's seen the sim version of Sweeney Todd and is taking a page out of Judge Turpin's book: If you can't have another persons wife, go for their under-aged daughter instead. :D

This is made all the more amusing by the fact that one of my sims, the first I ever made in Sims 4 actually, is happily married to Johnny and they have two sons. I had no idea he was such a low key creeper!
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I love your letter! LOL Very creative and awesome. <3
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    What happened is that I moved Calvin into a small home I built at Pebble Burrow, which made Johnny his neighbor. They became friends, and then Calvin meets this girl and they get married and have a kid. Johnny comes over all the time, everybody is friends. So then the family moves to a bigger home I built in Newcrest. Johnny is calling all the time, but only the wife, not the husband whom he has a higher relationship with. "Hey, do you want to check out the ruins?" "Let's get dinner." "Wanna come over?" Etc. Only the wife. That was, until, the instant the daughter became a teenager, at which point he started blowing up her phone too. And so Johnny Zest went from lecherous homewrecker to full-out degenerate.

Johnny Zest is a menace to the community; a detestable lowlife hiding in plain sight. He needs to be behind bars for the safety of all child sims.

You have to let us know how all this pans out. It's the best drama I've seen in ages!! What is going to happen next?

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    This cracked me up. Please update us with more of Johnny's shenanigans.
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    Johnny can't get anyone to notice him in my game, he has tried and it always comes off as a negative. No girl/boy friends just friends all the way. Hope that doesn't change when my sim's daughter ages up to teen.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Got to be one of the best posts I have read all day. Thanks and continue to update please.
  • Options
    NanneroniNanneroni Posts: 49 Member
    This is hilarious. He was best friends with one of my male sims, he invited him to his birthday party and they would go out all the time. He actually stopped calling when my sim got married, and he hasn't talked to any of my family. Maybe he was gay for my sim?
  • Options
    Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    You know, I've never actually played Johnny Zest before. I don't even see him around town very often, but now I don't think I want to :D
  • Options
    mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    I love your open letter to Johnny!

As a side note, I find it interesting how the same sims can act totally different in different people's games. Johnny has always been a cherub for me. However, Summer Holiday is a homewrecker in the making in my game.

One of my sims got married and invited her to the wedding, where she proceeded to flirt with and make googoo eyes at my sim's new husband all night. He kept turning down her advances, but she WOULD NOT GIVE UP. I ended up having the wife talk badly about Summer to all the party guests, and by the end of the night no one liked her and kept using mean interactions towards her. I felt a little bad but maybe she shouldn't have been coming onto someone else's husband at the wedding reception. She also showed up to the wedding in a white dress, so that was a little rude too. It created some interesting drama for sure, but I just sat there like "SUMMER! You just watched them get married! Find your own man!"
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    Kudos - What a way to point out the problems with autonomous flirting and romance. Your Johnny Zest has some zest alright, the wrong kind. Love it.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I really needed a good laugh, thanks! Awesome post, I wish there were more like this.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    A teenage Alexander Goth became obsessed with my young adult bachelor sim. He'd drop by almost every night to chat or maybe play chess. Kind of "Gee, it's nice to see you AGAIN, but isn't this a school night? Don't you have some homework to do? Oh, I have to take this call." It all worked out though. When Alexander aged up they got married.
  • Options
    achingaching Posts: 51 Member
    LOLOL LOVE!
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    LOL I love it! Johnny is such a creeper in my games I just started getting rid of him as not to have the hassle . Summer IS such a huge flirt push y0u to the limits of what you want another female, that isn't you, trying to do with your husband. Both of these Sims make for some fun though.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Oddly enough, Johnny in my most resent game seems more like that bored guy that you invite over for poker. Usually calls saying he "needs to get out of the house" and considering his house is essentially a trailer, I don't blame him.

There is this female townie sim that keeps calling for dinner dates with my female sim. Apparently the girl found her so charming she keeps saying she "can't get [her] out of [her] mind" and what makes it more comical, is that they don't even have a romance bar. :D

I actually would be taking Johnny up on his offers but kinda can't when you got three kids and low income. Dining out at the moment is usually reserved for special occasions for this save.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    A married male sim I made did the same thing to a seperate married female sim I was playing. He asked her out to dinner, she declined, so he invited her out 'as friends', so she brought her husband with her and he ran off. He watched her woohoo with her husband, and also showed up to their house - where her husband gave him a stern talking to, but then he only went upstairs and started playing with their baby, and then taking a bath in their house. What a creeper. XD
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    :D hahahahahah this is hilarious!
    Johnny Zest is a bit creepy, but really amusing as well! In one of my games, he was my lady sim's best friend, but obviously wanted to be more than that. After my sim started dating someone else, he got freaked out and asked my sim on dates, as well as an attempt to kiss her. Strangely, she accepted it, but got married to the other sim shortly after. Johnny and the husband got into an actual fight! After that, he never called her again lol. Poor Johnny.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Awesomely creative OP! ^^
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    Johnny needs to be put on a "time out". Do you have an indoor pool with no doors? :D
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    juliewjuliew Posts: 17 Member
    In my game, Johnny friends my elder, and when i checked his relationship, almost his friends are elder including his girlfriend XD
  • Options
    @OEII1001 where are you? :o We need to know what happened next!!! Did Johnny call again? Was he taken to jail??

• Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Dear Calvin,

I received your letter, and I want to thank you for contacting me before taking action. I have considered you a friend as well, and I don't blame you for having ill feelings toward me now. I just don't know what has come over me. I have these impulses, and I cannot begin to imagine what inspires them.

As I mentioned in some of our previous talks, my upbringing left a bit to be desired. With my mom being famous for her SimTube Channel on entertaining and home design, as well as a cold, disapproving perfectionist, she and I never were close. Then, as I told you, I found out Geoffrey was not my biological father. After a lengthy search, I found out my dad was living in Oasis Springs, and goes by the name of Don Lothario. I'm pretty certain this isn't his real name, but let me tell you, he is does quite live up to the legend. He is living with a woman and her two daughters, and I suspect that he may be involved in some way or another with all of them. As if that isn't bad enough, he is also seeing a married woman by the name of Eliza. For some reason, her Eliza's husband doesn't seem that upset about it.

When I learned all this, it really knocked me for a loop. To top it all off, my mom was arrested and charged with securities fraud, of which she was convicted and sent to a Federal Prison Camp. This has almost ruined my career as a comic, because nothing is funny anymore. Audiences know who my mother is, and heckle me constantly.

You have such a wonderful home life, so different from my wretched existence, that I became very jealous. I found myself becoming obsessed with your wife, since she was kind to me, and then, horror of horrors, your daughter. I am utterly appalled to think that I am traveling down the same path as my dad, and am indeed probably a Woohoo Addict.

Due to your letter, I have realized that I need help. I will be checking into the Bella Goth Clinic For Romantic Disorders on Monday. I want to thank you for giving me the jolt that was needed. I apologize for my despicable behavior. I hope that I can receive the guidance that I need, and with the help of a Higher Plumbob, am able to overcome these awful impulses.

Respectfully,
    Johnny