Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rachel Franklin is leaving The Sims 4.

Comments

• Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    good luck for rachel and hope she have a great life
    You can read about the change here: ea.com/news/maxis-organizational-update :)

@simgurudrake may i ask
    is the game current vision going to stay and when the new leader come will he be allowed to do his own vision ?

No idea. All I can say is that we have things mapped out years in advance.

intresting thanks for answering :smiley:
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I had no idea simgurulyndsay worked on sims 2!

Just out of interest, which sims games did the other gurus work on?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    Put Graham in charge. He knows what we want.

I would actually agree on that.

I mean some players want to see more family play. He was behind Generations so he clearly is the man for the job ;)

yea i also think graham is the best for this job he really is caring for the series and he seem to have passion for the sims

but i think its simgurulyndsy who getting the job since i belive she in the mangement team and she always was there when rachel was
    they both are great so i wish one of them come
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Ooo, things are about to get interesting. *gets popcorn*
    tumblr_inline_oajov7hrk01ql9r0e_500.gif
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »
    I wish Rachel good luck in the future :smile:

I must admit I am a bit anxious in who will take over, I would believe it should be one who knows the game aka one who has worked with Sims or is already working with it. Now I have no idea what qualifications you'll need for that kind of position nor how people are working. But I would think @SimGuruGraham, @SimGuruLyndsay, would be a good fit and @SimGuruDrake needs a pay-raise with all that bad stuff she is dealing with on the forums as well as that long list she posted about what her job includes, lol.

SimGuruDrake, how long does it normally take before you have filled out the position?

I actually have no idea. Sometimes with shifts like this they have someone in mind already to fill in the role, other times it will take a while to find the perfect fit.
    Who makes the decisions until then? Or are that being put on hold?
    Anyways hope you guys find out soon, must be stressing for you guys not knowing who your boss is :smile: (at least I believe Rachel was your boss o.O )

I know some people think this is rocking the boat but we are a well oiled machine that will continue moving along for however long it takes to fill her position. Right now Lyndsay and other leadership are continuing to make sure things continue to run smoothly until then.

Actually Rachel wasn't my boss :) My boss is the Director of Community (he is totally rad). I work with studio as one of my partners but I don't actually fall under studio, I fall under another organization within EA that helps to manage franchise communications throughout the company :)
    Good to know we are in good hands till a new one can be appointed :smile:

And sorry! I actually thought you worked with the *Maxis* team, does that mean you also deal with other games than just Sims or? Sorry for asking, it just surprised me quite a lot. I assume Rachel was the boss of the *Maxis* team then?

I step in to assist with other franchises from time to time -- for instance, I assisted with handling Bejeweled Stars for a time till they found a Community Manager for it. But there are different pockets within EA. There isn't an in studio communications team anymore, it's all part of another organization that works alongside the studio to handle communications / campaigns.

Rachel was head of Maxis and Sims Studio which sits under EA Mobile which is lead by Samantha Ryan.

Forgot to add that my role has shifted to being the Global Community Manager for Maxis with a primary focus on The Sims Franchise, but I assist where needed on our other titles :)
    Oh wow, you surely got your hands full. Didn't know your work stretched that far into EA. Hats off to you, hope you enjoyed that vacation since your work sounds awfully stressful. But nevertheless thanks for the work you do here on the forums :smile: (can't speak for other places as I have not seen you there)

Under EA Mobile? Isn't that a bit misleading? I know we got Sims Freetime which are for mobiles, but Sims 4 is a PC game, shouldn't that have been under a different branch?

The movement to being under EA Mobile happened last year with the departure of Lucy Bradshaw. I know from the outside it seems weird but internally it's actually the best fit for our franchise.
    Well I have no clue what happens within EA, never worked there. So I will take your word for it, as long as it works for you guys :smile:

Oh thanks! So the Maxis group are the group that originally worked under Maxis that now has been renamed Sims Studio, which Rachel took the leadership off after Lucy left, correct? And all sim related games went under the EA Mobile?
    I believe Rachel was under Lucy at that point and took over when she left, if that's the case then perhaps the one under Rachel will take over, whoever that is. I think its Graham as he is a producer. But to be honest I actually don't know which roles each person has, beside you and Graham. I know Lyndsay is high up to but I don't know her title. And Google isn't helping much.

I found this do not know if this will help you http://careers.ea.com/people-of-ea
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Iceheart wrote: »
    As we look to the future, we want to expand the scope of opportunity for Maxis to reach more players on PC and mobile, as well as explore cross-platform play. To enable this, we are bringing Maxis together with our mobile teams under Samantha Ryan's leadership, aligning our strong PC foundation with our mobile expertise. The collaboration between these teams will help us unlock new ways for Maxis IP to connect with players wherever they want to play.

That sounds ominous...

This is a quote taken from a change that occurred well over a year ago (I'm honestly surprised people haven't seen this since it's public.)

I knew about that change. Some people forget what happen a year ago. I really don't understand why EA limits their pc gaming market to just Windows and Macs and mobile. I wish they would consider going making Orgin and their games Linux compatible. Most of my games that I play on Steam platform is Linux compatible. Sometime in the feature I might want to go to Linux.
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    edited September 2016

As we look to the future, we want to expand the scope of opportunity for Maxis to reach more players on PC and mobile, as well as explore cross-platform play. To enable this, we are bringing Maxis together with our mobile teams under Samantha Ryan's leadership, aligning our strong PC foundation with our mobile expertise. The collaboration between these teams will help us unlock new ways for Maxis IP to connect with players wherever they want to play.

why would maxis want to reach more players when they cant even make us pc plebs some good quality content
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Will Wright, Ben Bell, Alan Copeland, Graham Nordone (I think that's SimGuruGraham's last name?) There were several others particularly two ladies from the Sims 3 store team that were awesome (the names fail me right now though :'( ) I liked as well, I would welcome any of them back with open arms! Nothing from Lyndsay is coming to mind but I'm sure she was great if everyone is saying she is. So many great people the Sims series has had working for them over the years

edit: put wrong Guru in one spot (though both are great of course)!

Don't jinx Graham! Lol. He's still with us. And if you meant Grant, he's still with us, too.
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I wish the best for Rachel in whatever she chooses next.

It's very interesting getting info on how things work within the company, @SimGuruDrake , when I was younger and playing The Sims, I never really thought about all the things that are behind the scenes, but now I find it very interesting. :)

Game Development and the way things work in a big company like EA always fascinates me since I've worked for smaller companies in the past it was a bit of a culture shock but I love it. :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    I really hope Sims 4 will be great again. I still have hope.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,421 Member
    Across The Sims 4 on PC and The Sims FreePlay and SimCity BuildIt on mobile, Maxis IP has never had a bigger and more engaged player base.

Hmmm.

That sounds ominous...

I agree. This doesn't sit right with me as I have a feeling more mobile and social based play will be pushed onto us in the future.
  • Options
    MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    They should bring back Will Wright, but I don't think he would want to join the Sims 4 in this state.

YES!!!!
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    MysticOne wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    They should bring back Will Wright, but I don't think he would want to join the Sims 4 in this state.

YES!!!!

Will Wright will make TS4 great!
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,871 Member
    Is anyone from the team who created the vision for SimCity 2013 still with the company? If so....please keep them away from this position. Actual developers for SimCity 2013 would be fine, since they were just following orders.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    IceheartIceheart Posts: 37 Member
    Across The Sims 4 on PC and The Sims FreePlay and SimCity BuildIt on mobile, Maxis IP has never had a bigger and more engaged player base.

Hmmm.

That sounds ominous...

I agree. This doesn't sit right with me as I have a feeling more mobile and social based play will be pushed onto us in the future.

It feels like we've already seen the foundation for it put down with 4, which worries me.
  • Options

Hmmm.

That sounds ominous...

But that is why I have a phone or reader/ipad, to play those sort of games. That is not why I have a PC/laptop. I would expect the games that require more indepth systems to also be more indepth.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I wish Ms. Franklin the best of luck in her next endeavor and great success. Thank you for your hard work and dedication.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,471 Member
    All the best to @SimGuruRachel! Hope you all are giving her a grand farewell. And cake!

iqbv3p.jpg

I have been advocating so much to get this into TS4. I want that surprise cake!

So do I.
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Is anyone from the team who created the vision for SimCity 2013 still with the company? If so....please keep them away from this position. Actual developers for SimCity 2013 would be fine, since they were just following orders.

This article might interest you.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/20/11722342/simcity-launch-ea-maxis-ocean-quigley
  • Options

This article might interest you.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/20/11722342/simcity-launch-ea-maxis-ocean-quigley

I hope he is happy in his current endeavor too. And cannot help to turn another much loved franchise into an absolute disaster. I swear, people bash the Sims 4 (myself included I admit) but SC 2013 was The. Single. Most. Disappointing. Game. EVER for me.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited September 2016
    A few of the ex Sims and Sims City folks started their own company and are focused on mobile games.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited September 2016
    True, Ben Bell was an amazing project leader.....
    ....Any way we can get him back?

@SimGuruGraham would be a good leader at Maxis. o:)

I wholeheartedly second this.

As do I, however I do feel that Lyndsay will do a good job too. She "gets" it.

Honestly, since she took over when Rachel was original moved, I feel that it's part of why the team stopped pumping out packs - to "re-group, reorganize" their long term goals for the series/aka the Sims 4 currently. Who knows what happened with Rachel best of luck to her. I never have personal gripe with anyone, I just feel she is better suited for a different game. I think she may have been the right choice initially when Sims 4 was MMO, but not for what was released. She was put in a bad spot too let's be honest. Best of luck to her.

But I do hope Graham is working on more than just Stuff Packs. I never understood that. :o

I'll never forget the group discussion in a Sims 3 forum thread about the upcoming "island paradise" and how we all suggested we'd love to have boat "lot" pieces that would resembled a boat in the front, even if it wasn't rout able. We got it. That's what 4 could use the most right now.

I feel good things are coming for the Sims 4. I think we'll see sweeping changes to the game in the next few months, to be quite honest. Edited to caveat I've felt that before this news today.
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited September 2016
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    I wish Rachel good luck in the future :smile:

I must admit I am a bit anxious in who will take over, I would believe it should be one who knows the game aka one who has worked with Sims or is already working with it. Now I have no idea what qualifications you'll need for that kind of position nor how people are working. But I would think @SimGuruGraham, @SimGuruLyndsay, would be a good fit and @SimGuruDrake needs a pay-raise with all that bad stuff she is dealing with on the forums as well as that long list she posted about what her job includes, lol.

SimGuruDrake, how long does it normally take before you have filled out the position?

I actually have no idea. Sometimes with shifts like this they have someone in mind already to fill in the role, other times it will take a while to find the perfect fit.
    Who makes the decisions until then? Or are that being put on hold?
    Anyways hope you guys find out soon, must be stressing for you guys not knowing who your boss is :smile: (at least I believe Rachel was your boss o.O )

I know some people think this is rocking the boat but we are a well oiled machine that will continue moving along for however long it takes to fill her position. Right now Lyndsay and other leadership are continuing to make sure things continue to run smoothly until then.

Actually Rachel wasn't my boss :) My boss is the Director of Community (he is totally rad). I work with studio as one of my partners but I don't actually fall under studio, I fall under another organization within EA that helps to manage franchise communications throughout the company :)
    Good to know we are in good hands till a new one can be appointed :smile:

And sorry! I actually thought you worked with the *Maxis* team, does that mean you also deal with other games than just Sims or? Sorry for asking, it just surprised me quite a lot. I assume Rachel was the boss of the *Maxis* team then?

I step in to assist with other franchises from time to time -- for instance, I assisted with handling Bejeweled Stars for a time till they found a Community Manager for it. But there are different pockets within EA. There isn't an in studio communications team anymore, it's all part of another organization that works alongside the studio to handle communications / campaigns.

Rachel was head of Maxis and Sims Studio which sits under EA Mobile which is lead by Samantha Ryan.

Forgot to add that my role has shifted to being the Global Community Manager for Maxis with a primary focus on The Sims Franchise, but I assist where needed on our other titles :)
    Oh wow, you surely got your hands full. Didn't know your work stretched that far into EA. Hats off to you, hope you enjoyed that vacation since your work sounds awfully stressful. But nevertheless thanks for the work you do here on the forums :smile: (can't speak for other places as I have not seen you there)

Under EA Mobile? Isn't that a bit misleading? I know we got Sims Freetime which are for mobiles, but Sims 4 is a PC game, shouldn't that have been under a different branch?

The movement to being under EA Mobile happened last year with the departure of Lucy Bradshaw. I know from the outside it seems weird but internally it's actually the best fit for our franchise.
    Well I have no clue what happens within EA, never worked there. So I will take your word for it, as long as it works for you guys :smile:

Oh thanks! So the Maxis group are the group that originally worked under Maxis that now has been renamed Sims Studio, which Rachel took the leadership off after Lucy left, correct? And all sim related games went under the EA Mobile?
    I believe Rachel was under Lucy at that point and took over when she left, if that's the case then perhaps the one under Rachel will take over, whoever that is. I think its Graham as he is a producer. But to be honest I actually don't know which roles each person has, beside you and Graham. I know Lyndsay is high up to but I don't know her title. And Google isn't helping much.

I found this do not know if this will help you http://careers.ea.com/people-of-ea
    Thanks! Seems like Lyndsay is the highest one at the moment. Man I wish I could like have a tour around the Sims Studio and see how they work, since I would never be able to work there xD
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited September 2016
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Seriously tho...is it only me who thinks that or it could have been Rachel leaking stuff about City Life since she knows she is leaving? :D

Another thing that could have happened is she got fired BECAUSE she leaked the stuff because that is a weird coincidence that all the leaks came in then someone big who has access to this stuff leaves Maxis.

Rachel is leaving to pursue a new opportunity and we wish her all of the best.

Do not spread misinformation or any kind of speculation of this nature.

But it was purely a thought. I didn't state it as a FACT thus can't be labeled as mis-information sooo.....
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top