Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rachel Franklin is leaving The Sims 4.

Comments

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,653 Member
    edited September 2016
    Well Good luck to you Ms. Franklin but honestly and this may seem a bit harsh but it's my own opinion I really don't think she was the right fit for the job and it seemed like she knew little to none about the game. If we get someone we need some one in power to try to accommodate everyone and if you can't accommodate than show the reasons to back up why this and that can't make it in the game and also they need some one who knows the Sims from way back to 1 and how it changed over the years but also still had the same old things but expanded it and they should incorporate that into Sims 4.
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited September 2016
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Seriously tho...is it only me who thinks that or it could have been Rachel leaking stuff about City Life since she knows she is leaving? :D

Another thing that could have happened is she got fired BECAUSE she leaked the stuff because that is a weird coincidence that all the leaks came in then someone big who has access to this stuff leaves Maxis.

Rachel is leaving to pursue a new opportunity and we wish her all of the best.

Do not spread misinformation or any kind of speculation of this nature.

But it was purely a thought. I didn't state it as a FACT thus can't be labeled as mis-information...

No, but it was a speculation, which can lead to rumours that then can be taken as information because it goes out of hand and you end up not being able to find the source, and then you end up with a case of "I read somewhere that" she/he/them etc. Which then turns into mis-information.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited September 2016
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/266523/Former_Maxis_devs_net_24_million_for_new_mobile_startup.php

Sorry, I couldn't remember the name as I do not follow mobile games, and I read this a while back. A large amount of their backing is coming from China. Their FB and Twitter accounts are still active.
  • Options
    Simfreak982Simfreak982 Posts: 121 Member
    Generally, VPs and CMOs change every 2 years at many companies. She probably had a contract.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Is anyone from the team who created the vision for SimCity 2013 still with the company? If so....please keep them away from this position. Actual developers for SimCity 2013 would be fine, since they were just following orders.

This article might interest you.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/20/11722342/simcity-launch-ea-maxis-ocean-quigley

@cameronw209 That's very interesting indeed. I can remember the SimCity 13 team claiming the city grids couldn't be made any bigger due to the fact that most player's computers couldn't handle the load. Here this guy just confirms that's not the case- it was the back of the house EA server bottleneck that caused more limited cities which is one of the things I hated most about the game. Of course it was also claimed- insisted as impossible in fact- for SimCity 13 to be taken offline, until of course it was. And people wonder why some of us don't trust EA...

Anyway that's my quick off topic response- going to screen shot the article for future reference. Thanks for posting it!
  • Options
    jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    iriefthi wrote: »
    alexandrea wrote: »
    Who was she? The blonde woman at almost every Gamescom event...? If so, good thing she moved on from The Sims.

She was the one that came with this very famous statement about toodlers:

GC: So you’re satisfied that not having toddlers was the right choice?

RF: That’s the decision that we made based on all of the information that we had at the time. So absolutely, I feel like it’s the best decision for the game to date. I’m not talking about future stuff. But I do think it’s important to know, that players play in very different ways. We see all kinds of different play styles and family players are very passionate, so are players that play other ways.
    Source:
    metro.co.uk/2015/09/14/the-future-of-the-sims-4-interview-it-is-kind-of-like-life-5390869/

I will not comment anything on that since so many players had in the past and i agree with them! :|

I'm wondering if she still thinks it was "absolutely the best decision for the game to date" ? Lately I've also been wondering if they actually are currently trying to get toddlers in the game, but are having trouble due to technical reasons.

Regardless, I wish her good luck.
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    It was that interview http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/14/the-future-of-the-sims-4-interview-it-is-kind-of-like-life-5390869/ that tainted her in my mind ...oh and the dance routine *shudders*....but i wish her well and good luck for the future!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    I'll go back and read this discussion later. But WOW! Oh mah goodness, boo! I cannot believe she's leaving! I thought she would be sticking around to the very end! WOW! I literally have a headache now from first reading the news THEN becoming light-headed! WOW! First, some TS4 fans (ya know, those who still enjoy it) were admitting to the game's limitations after LGR's video and now this. September is sending me on such a vigorous ride, I can't keep up...WOW. I just...WOW!
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,625 Member
    edited September 2016
    plopppo wrote: »
    comment removed
    That's a bit too personal and not very nice to post, imo.

Nice to see @SimGuruDrake here amongst us posting info and answering questions *waves hello*
  • Options
    noodlesandmenoodlesandme Posts: 188 Member
    edited September 2016

If you've ever read her background, it's impressive. I have no doubt that she will do very well & that she is beloved by her team. I wish her the best.
    That said, I agree with those who are now breathing a sigh of relief, followed by just the faintest hint of a smile.
    Post edited by noodlesandme on
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    good luck for her, now let's fix that plum

You do realize that there are people that do like the Sims 4 as is? ;)
    Still is his opinion.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    plopppo wrote: »
    comment removed
    That's a bit too personal and not very nice to post, imo.

Nice to see @SimGuruDrake here amongst us posting info and answering questions *waves hello*

*waves* Hello! Good to be back and chatting with you all again :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    Fine. Maybe some of my words were harsh. But, I still don't think she made good choices for the game.

You are entitled to your own opinion of her, but disrespecting someone is quite disrespectful.
    Saying what is good choices or bad is opinion based as long as the person does not attack the person directly using derogatory remarks.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    Take care Rachel...
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    I hope the next person who takes over will make TS4 great and more like a real PC game.
    I can agree with this. :)

• Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    There is only one thing I will say bout her leaving, I am hoping that whomever fills her place, will have the knowledge of ALL The Sim Games and how they worked, and not just Some of them, so He or She knows exactly what People like Me a Die Hard Fan is talking bout, when I or others ask questions, instead of getting someone who is like well I do not know the answer cause I did not play any of them, or only saw some of them, That would only make Me mad to get that answer.
  • Options
    inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 397 Member
    I'm sorry but who is Rachel Franklin? ;)
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    She had a... a certain dance style. She was a polarizing presence and her ending this chapter continues to polarize the community. I hope her new chapter brings her as much joy and success as she had here... be it for another gaming company (LJN, for instance) or down a whole different path (Justin Beiber's dance troupe, for instance). Best of luck to thee!
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    inmyeye wrote: »

the head of Maxis remember when GT was announced? She did a dance on the stage at Gamescon
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    2 years to late maybe someone can finally take charge that shares vision with all players and makes the game enjoyable for all.

Amen, Maybe Finally I will get My Gothic type stuff? I can only hope so.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    inmyeye wrote: »

She initially headed the Sims team, and then went on to head Maxis.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top