Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like the slow eating?

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    My sims keep not eating their whole food, they always leave food on their plates and don't get full hunger most of time because of it, is this a bug?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    I remember they upgraded it before, but I still think the eating times are too long. My sim takes ages to eat in the morning and misses half of his working hours.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    LathensLathens Posts: 35 Member
    I feel like my sim's days revolve around making enough time to eat and of course, if their hunger isn't satiated, they can't do anything else for long periods of time.
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    @DegrassiGen I only have my sims or sim eat 1 meal, their main meal, and that's it. It still takes me 6-8 hours.
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    My sims keep not eating their whole food, they always leave food on their plates and don't get full hunger most of time because of it, is this a bug?

that happens to me all the time what the flip
  • Options
    Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    I don't like the slow eating. I rarely let my Sims finish eating everything on their plate. Once their hunger bar starts getting green, I cancel the action.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I like the slow eating speed. I play generational, so I always have big family households and love to see gathered around family meals. But I can understand that people who play single sims see eating as a boring necessity that should be over with fast so they can go explore instead of sitting in the kitchen. For me though, taking some time to eat and drink is an important part of my sims' social lives with friends and family.

I agree with this. Maybe because I'm still recovering from the supersonic speed of eating in Sims 3. That was a major disappointment to me, so I like this way.
  • Options
    gala_aurumgala_aurum Posts: 5 New Member
    I didn't realize this was intentional- I took a break from TS4, and when I left I was really struggling with the lag between asking a sim to do something, and them actually moving to do it. But slow eating is a "feature".... hmmm. Maybe I should stop speed-3ing all the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    gamingstylistgamingstylist Posts: 115 Member
    I would like maybe a quiet meal option for like quick eating that's non distracted, I don't mind the slow eating sometimes but an eight hour meal at a restaurant is way too much and long meals where the sim keeps stopping to have the goofy grin, take pictures and smell the food can get a bit annoying (would understand a foodie being that happy to eat a meal but not everyone else)
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Sims 3 eat too fast. Sims 4 eat too slow. Both annoy me in that aspect. I'll never understand why it was perfectly balanced in Sims 1 and 2 before going from one extreme to the other.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    Slower is good for family meals but, if a sim eats alone, it needs to be faster. Same as we do in life. If we are eating with friends and/or family, we eat slower, chat, and enjoy the meal time together but, eating alone just because our bodies tell us we need food, we scarf something to fill us up down pretty fast. Sims need to do that too.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited August 2016
    Slower is good for family meals but, if a sim eats alone, it needs to be faster. Same as we do in life. If we are eating with friends and/or family, we eat slower, chat, and enjoy the meal time together but, eating alone just because our bodies tell us we need food, we scarf something to fill us up down pretty fast. Sims need to do that too.

I think it was before the first December patch. At that time, when sims ate alone, they ate faster. The behaviour was very similar to Sims 2. They ate faster when they were alone and slower when they ate with others, allowing for conversation which was fairly accurate compared to real life. After that patch, they acted as if they couldn't bear to eat alone and created their own imaginary friends to dine with, thus slowing the eating down to a painfully slow pace. It hasn't changed since then.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    You can set walk style for your sims, so why not eating style?
    Foodies could simstergram everything they eat, other sims could sit up, eat up, and shut up. Picky sims could eat only some of the food on their plate, social sims could talk more than they eat. And vegetarians are needed, they add a little character to the game.

Over all, I hate the slow eating in TS4.
    I like the faster, more organised meals in TS2, where sims will sit, and wait to be served, and while they may talk a lot during the meal, they also eat reasonably fast. They also sometimes just stand and eat in the kichen, rather than walking to a table, to sit and eat.Eating cereal while standing makes sense when they're about to go to work/school.

But I do like some of the multi tasking in TS4, sitting on the side of the bed, eating. Putting the plate on the keyboard, and facebooking while eating.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    I don't like the slow eating. Even when sitting as a family, my sims spend more time looking amazed at every bite, smelling their food or taking pictures then they do talking. And when they do start a conversation, they have to grab their plate and move somewhere else to talk. Eating is not as fun as it was in the sims 2. =\
  • Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    Not really. I don't mind it during family dinners, but it does eat up (pun unintended) a lot of sim minutes so it can be annoying at restaurants or if you're trying to get your sims ready in the morning. I've actually downloaded a faster eating mod so that it doesn't take so long.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2016
    Can't say eating's too fast for me in Sims 3. It is too slow for me in Sims 4 though. And not only eating. When I see how my TS3 sim mixes drinks at a bar and how my sim in TS4 does it, in 3 it's nice to follow and in 4 it involves a lot of staring and looking around. I don't know why that is. Multitasking?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    edited September 2016
    Seem like this multitasking is more a nuisance than a gain, if is really what make the sims stare so much smiling creepily around, instead of finishing the actual action.
    Multitasking is a nice feature, but it should have automatic on/off during actions when it doesn't make sense, without stopping the sims even when they aren't doing anything, or having the chance to not use it: like having the chance to order the sims to eat without distraction, or concentrate on the action at hand.
    Post edited by WillowG145 on
  • Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    I have a mod installed for faster eating which makes eating times about right, and restaurant meals never take more than 3hours even with 2 courses, not sure why that's so different from other peoples' experience.

@S100Headache ; Loved your work, thanks so much - a few of them still work, thankfully!
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited September 2016
    Movotti wrote: »
    You can set walk style for your sims, so why not eating style?
    Foodies could simstergram everything they eat, other sims could sit up, eat up, and shut up. Picky sims could eat only some of the food on their plate, social sims could talk more than they eat. And vegetarians are needed, they add a little character to the game.

That sure would be nice! The only differences that I've noticed are that my Foodie Sims will always take a photo of their food and other Sims won't, and Gluttons eat more messily. Would be nice to set an eating speed, haha. And YES to vegetarians - why have that in a game from 2009 but not in 2016??

It always really annoyed me that they were so fast in TS3. In TS4 the only thing that really bothers me (besides restaurants taking forever) is musical chairs while eating. That makes it drag out a lot longer - I'm pretty sure Sim A can hear Sim B from anywhere at a four-person table. Sometimes the choices they make while eating make less sense than where they were originally sitting - it's easier to talk to someone sitting across from you than someone sitting next to you IRL, but my Sims will always move to sit next to the new Sim who sits down! Drives me crazy! And my Sims will also often stand up randomly with their food, stare at everyone at the table, then sit back down again. I think it's these things that make eating drag on rather than the pace of eating itself.
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    edited September 2016
    i never noticed the slow eating in sims 4. maybe i did at some point but forgot about it since i havent played sims 4 for a while, kek.
    the only thing i can remember that annoyed me was the bath speed, heck that thing took ageeeees :s

edit: also the brewing coffee thing, it took 1 hour to brew but only took 1 minute to get spoiled, like 🐸🐸🐸🐸? that thing is definitely unusable, pls EA fix it.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I really wanted them to slow it down after TS3 Sims literally choked down their food and never said a word to others as they were eating, but TS4 made the process slower than even TS2, which was the perfect speed IMHO.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Sometimes it is nice when they are eating and chatting and taking their time, but most of the time I think they should just get stuck in.

Options are always best in everything. We could have a click option on the dish - eat fast, eat normally, eat slow. And the sims could avoid chatting while they are eating unless you specifically click on another sim or sims for them to chat to. I also think sims should never ever be taking pics of their food unless directed to by their human controller :D

I never choose to have foodie sims after I made the mistake of having one once. That sim drove me round the bend at meal times, I was seriously considering locking her in a foodless cell until she died of starvation.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I really wanted them to slow it down after TS3 Sims literally choked down their food and never said a word to others as they were eating, but TS4 made the process slower than even TS2, which was the perfect speed IMHO.
    They do. Maybe not as much as sims in 2 and 4 but they do put their fork down every now and then and talk.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    They do. Maybe not as much as sims in 2 and 4 but they do put their fork down every now and then and talk.
    I sent my Sim to the Pizzeria restaurant in Monte Vista and he finished his meal before the textures of the tables had loaded :D .