The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Vision I need to get an understanding of it

Ok so we all know the Sims 4 team have a vision but for me to get a better understanding on how to look at this game I need to know some what of the vision, you rule, what does this vision entails (hope I spelled that right.) can SimGuru explain what the vision is for the Sims 4 and please explain the you rule?

Comments

• Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    They explained it at Gamescom.

They basically said it's about sandbox and that all playstyles should be covered.
    Deciding if TS4 fits that description is up to you.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Gruffman wrote: »
    That would be the million dollar question OP. Unfortunately, we probably won't know the vision until the last pack is released for Sims4.

In a perfect world, it would be a sandbox where all playstyles are covered. Too bad we don't live in a perfect world.

garnet_zpslvjaehfl.gif

Nice gif.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    It could be a nice question to ask in the Ask A Guru thread once they open it again.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    It could be a nice question to ask in the Ask A Guru thread once they open it again.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. They may have stated it elsewhere, but I'd like for them to state it here instead of the twitterverse or snapchat or whatever.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,095 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. They may have stated it elsewhere, but I'd like for them to state it here instead of the twitterverse or snapchat or whatever.

Would be nice if they'd post an article here for us on what their vision is. Since I don't surf the web for such stuff. I fully expect to get any and ALL news here, at the OFFICIAL Sims4 site. Silly me.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,554 Member
    The vision for The Sims 4 is a new experience that brings your Sims to life in deeper and uniquely personal ways – through emotions, personality traits, behaviors and interactions.
    ~Rachel Franklin
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/whats-out-and-whats-in
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I would like to know the focus of the future of the game, as I do not believe that it will receive just as many expansions as other iterations, or even the most popular ones.
  • Options
    The presentation started off with the vision the team has for the game. Now this was nothing concrete like pack names (did you really expect that?) but interesting nonetheless. So the team’s vision is based on four pillars:

Life inspires us – keeping things relatable (not necessarily realistic) by creating features which are inspired by real life, though often simified (I mean honestly, how else could you justify cowplants).
    Creativity Tools – Enabling simmers to make the game their own and using their creativity to make amazing things. As far as I understood, this includes not making content and tools too specific to not limit people’s creativity.
    Entertainment and Fun – While inspired by real life, Sims is supposed to be entertaining and have fun features which sometimes are refreshingly offbeat.
    Friendly and Inclusive – The community is a big part of The Sims’s success and the team wants to make sure everyone feels like they can be part of The Sims and make it their own (think of the gender customization update).

Source: https://julyvee94.wordpress.com/2016/08/19/the-sims-panel-and-my-experience-at-gamescom-2016/
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    That would be the million dollar question OP. Unfortunately, we probably won't know the vision until the last pack is released for Sims4.

In a perfect world, it would be a sandbox where all playstyles are covered. Too bad we don't live in a perfect world.

garnet_zpslvjaehfl.gif

Good reply!

No one really knows what the vision is but it might be one of those visions that has gotten a bit cloudy along the way with the occasional but of glare with smudges on the lenses...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    My toddler cousin doesn't feel represented and included. :cry:

no worries. I have a feeling like they got to that entertainment point and went "sims need to be entertained. Nothing else matters!" and here we are. With clubs and dance floors, without seasons, vacations, pets, some of the lifestages, more varied family interactions... :D
  • Options
    iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Friendly and Inclusive – The community is a big part of The Sims’s success and the team wants to make sure everyone feels like they can be part of The Sims and make it their own (think of the gender customization update).

My toddler cousin doesn't feel represented and included. :cry:

Lol! :) Awesome comment, so true! :p
  • Options
    GypsyPrinceGypsyPrince Posts: 118 Member
    There isn't one. The original concept has already been buried for a long time aka Sims Olympus
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Truly, I believe that other than the odd bits and pieces they've said over the years, that you'll never get a proper answer to that question.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Their vision is like a never ending episode of The Twilight Zone. You have these people living in doll houses that you can control and manipulate all while being God.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    The presentation started off with the vision the team has for the game. Now this was nothing concrete like pack names (did you really expect that?) but interesting nonetheless. So the team’s vision is based on four pillars:

Life inspires us – keeping things relatable (not necessarily realistic) by creating features which are inspired by real life, though often simified (I mean honestly, how else could you justify cowplants).
    Creativity Tools – Enabling simmers to make the game their own and using their creativity to make amazing things. As far as I understood, this includes not making content and tools too specific to not limit people’s creativity.
    Entertainment and Fun – While inspired by real life, Sims is supposed to be entertaining and have fun features which sometimes are refreshingly offbeat.

Source: https://julyvee94.wordpress.com/2016/08/19/the-sims-panel-and-my-experience-at-gamescom-2016/

Sooo, if this is their vision, is there any part of this that they have nailed so far?
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    The vision for The Sims 4 is a new experience that brings your Sims to life in deeper and uniquely personal ways – through emotions, personality traits, behaviors and interactions.
    ~Rachel Franklin

Oh man, I can't help but cringe at every single post/interview they gave around the time TS4 launched. "In deeper and uniquely personal ways?" I mean, sure, if you ignore the fact that emotions rule over everything so traits are meaningless and sims all act the same way. There's nothing deep and unique about that. It's the opposite. Sometimes I wonder if they even playtest the game themselves and actually know how it works...
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,554 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    ~Rachel Franklin

Oh man, I can't help but cringe at every single post/interview they gave around the time TS4 launched. "In deeper and uniquely personal ways?" I mean, sure, if you ignore the fact that emotions rule over everything so traits are meaningless and sims all act the same way. There's nothing deep and unique about that. It's the opposite. Sometimes I wonder if they even playtest the game themselves and actually know how it works...

Yeah, but that's the nature of vision statements. You are never there to begin with and you may never reach it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Ok so we all know the Sims 4 team have a vision but for me to get a better understanding on how to look at this game I need to know some what of the vision, you rule, what does this vision entails (hope I spelled that right.) can SimGuru explain what the vision is for the Sims 4 and please explain the you rule?

@Briana2425 ... the "ask a guru" thread is now re-opened if you want to post your question.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I think they are trying to cover all play styles, which includes non-sandbox play but because they are trying to cover so many bases the result ends up feeling watered down and in fact is, much as they described EPs at that conference, shallow. Everyone gets some of what they want and the end result is very few are actually satisfied and a large number are in the middle deeming it "okay" and the some are completely unsatisfied. But, you know, if it's working financially for them then (shrug) that's how it's going to be.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,653 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »

@Briana2425 ... the "ask a guru" thread is now re-opened if you want to post your question.

Thanks posted it glad you caught me on my lunch lol
  • Options
    NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member