Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Interested in learning how this new event system will work

It will be triggered the next time there is a temporary challenge
http://simscommunity.info/2016/08/16/the-sims-4-new-event-system-coming-soon/

Comments

• Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    No one knows any more than this article right now.
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    No one knows any more than this article right now.

par for course I guess :(
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited August 2016
    The XP part is probably hidden. Not visible like in an MMO. (Saw many people raging because they thought Olympus was coming back from it's eternal rest)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    The XP part is probably hidden. Not visible like in an MMO. (Saw many people raging because they thought Olympus was coming back from it's eternal rest)

The real nature of The Sims 4! :hushed:

• Options

lol oh well guess we'll see it when we see it
  • Options
    was hoping the article or someone could provide a little more information on how it worked with the game, don't like too many uninformed surprises in the game
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    From what the article says, I think when Sims get that Triple Boost Week or whatever it's called. It's sort of going to be a "moodlet"

I guess after a sim has/attends a successful event, the Sim will be on an all time High, maybe happy/confidence/Inspired boost for the week, so whatever else the sim does, Work/school, skill building, the process will be faster and good quality.

to me that's what I've made sense of.

And I guess the experience points is just what triggers it.
    So maybe Hosting events will turn into an actual skill, and maybe the more you're sim hosts, the better they get?

If it's a challenge, I'm not participating, because it would probably have goals, and I make my own goals.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    From what the article says, I think when Sims get that Triple Boost Week or whatever it's called. It's sort of going to be a "moodlet"

I guess after a sim has/attends a successful event, the Sim will be on an all time High, maybe happy/confidence/Inspired boost for the week, so whatever else the sim does, Work/school, skill building, the process will be faster and good quality.

So maybe Hosting events will turn into an actual skill, and maybe the more you're sim hosts, the better they get?

If it's a challenge, I'm not participating, because it would probably have goals, and I make my own goals.

make your own goals - that's how to do it :) you're prob right; but hope they don't stay high/happy like giddy for a week, not so much they're falling all over themselves and acting weird !
    They could use a boost though on their careers, considering some of them so it could help.
  • Options
    faytheful wrote: »

make your own goals - that's how to do it :) you're prob right; but hope they don't stay high/happy like giddy for a week, not so much they're falling all over themselves and acting weird !
    They could use a boost though on their careers, considering some of them so it could help.

Yeah that's the one thing I would be iffy about, if there is an emotional boost too. I'm Like do sims really need an emotional boost?

but Maybe it's just me, When I usually do events, the days after I'm usually on top of my game too.
    So maybe a Focused/Energized/Confidence boost if the event went well.
    Maybe an Angry/Sad/Tense/Embarrassed boost if it didn't go well

and if you attended the event as a guest, Maybe Inspired.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Will this 'even system' be like the 'scenarios' like parties in TS2 do you think? That was a cool idea back then :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Yeah that's the one thing I would be iffy about, if there is an emotional boost too. I'm Like do sims really need an emotional boost?

but Maybe it's just me, When I usually do events, the days after I'm usually on top of my game too.

true, but I'm looking at the length of time of the boost. Can see about 2 days max but not a week.
    Imagine the time players will have trying to calm an adrenaline high Sim who is already extremely emotional down. woooo
  • Options
    Will this 'even system' be like the 'scenarios' like parties in TS2 do you think? That was a cool idea back then :smile:

maybe, we have to wait and see I guess, but not a week. Never get an overly excited Sim to settle down & go to work, tend garden or any other chores.
  • Options

maybe, we have to wait and see I guess, but not a week. Never get an overly excited Sim to settle down & go to work, tend garden or any other chores.

Is that a side effect of emotions?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    mischiefluvermischiefluver Posts: 738 Member
    It sounds like a bonus reward system for throwing a good party. I like how there are multiple options for what reward you get, but I am already gravitating towards the work performance boost and skill boost. You want your sim to do some serious skill building, have them unwind and throw a successful party first so that they can focus for the rest of the week. I like it! Definitely a pleasant surprise.
  • Options

true, but I'm looking at the length of time of the boost. Can see about 2 days max but not a week.
    Imagine the time players will have trying to calm an adrenaline high Sim who is already extremely emotional down. woooo

yeah if it's the case, the boost should last 2-3 days would be good.
    But the boost could be good, because I find it hard to get sims Focused before school/work. Like I don't want my Sims to play chess before school (off topic are there other ways to get focused? Watching the news Might be one, if I recall correctly, reading? video games like blick block?). especially if I want them to get a promotion.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    But the boost could be good, because I find it hard to get sims Focused before school/work. Like I don't want my Sims to play chess before school (off topic are there other ways to get focused? Watching the news Might be one, if I recall correctly, reading? video games like blick block?). especially if I want them to get a promotion.

If you got the rewards lamps for having EPs from TS3, there are two lamps (I think) that give the focused mood. Just set the lamp near where they eat breakfast, make sure there aren't any super nice or emotion-influencing items between breakfast and the exit and turn the lamp on in the mornings to get them focused before work/school.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    /Sarcasm on

Just play WoW or any other MMO and you know.

/Sarcasm off.

We will have to wait and see, but I'm not into the idea.
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    Again things that are published by any other then the source, EA, Maxis, are conjecture and may incorporate half truths. Do you believe someone telling you what your b-day or holiday presents b4 you open them? Are we all people that have to know now or is it more fun opening the gift with surprise. Let us wait until the official announcements. We play a game, they create the game and it isn't done over night.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Again things that are published by any other then the source, EA, Maxis, are conjecture and may incorporate half truths. Do you believe someone telling you what your b-day or holiday presents b4 you open them? Are we all people that have to know now or is it more fun opening the gift with surprise. Let us wait until the official announcements. We play a game, they create the game and it isn't done over night.

Good reply :smile:

In the past I never took much notice of 'hints and speculation' so it was always interesting coming to the forums after an announcement and reading about a new EP :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    I would have to say nothing is confirmed in that post and it is nothing but conjecture and assumption. The OP in that post even made it out to sound like it was confirmed the gurus were working on the "event feature," when the statement made by SimGuruDrake did not actually state that.
    One thing I do know, is that there are commenters in that thread that gave me more of a headache than anything salty I have encountered here. Criminy-petes what a lot of self-entitled and over-expectant bunch of kids. It is as someone once said the reason why toddlers aren't in Sims 4 is because they are all in the forums.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited August 2016

If you have spa day and you have a sim with level 2 (?) Wellness they can "Discuss cognitive focusing methods" - This is a short social (similar to the Angry "Rile up" or Energized "Give pep talk") that gives the target sim a Focused mood. You can also take Citrus Soaks for 30 simoleons if you have a bath. With incense use the "Smell aroma" option on Sharpening Saffron for 20 simoleons or with yoga you can to a Mind Concentrating routine.

If you have OR you can make/buy Clear Mind Distillations.

If you paint a mathematical diagram, sims can view it to get Focused.

Teens+ (and depending on Mental skill level child sims) can "Browse Simpedia" on the PC.

Teens+ (not sure about kids) can also "Study" fossils or elements for a Focused moodlet.

• Options

Is that a side effect of emotions?

could be I guess. I mean if they get to where their emotions change so quickly that can really put them in a funk I would think
    humans are the same.
  • Options
    I would have to say nothing is confirmed in that post and it is nothing but conjecture and assumption. The OP in that post even made it out to sound like it was confirmed the gurus were working on the "event feature," when the statement made by SimGuruDrake did not actually state that.
    One thing I do know, is that there are commenters in that thread that gave me more of a headache than anything salty I have encountered here. Criminy-petes what a lot of self-entitled and over-expectant bunch of kids. It is as someone once said the reason why toddlers aren't in Sims 4 is because they are all in the forums.

The article also says the "event feature" will show up during the next challenge, so we have to wait for the next challenge, whatever that
    might be.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It will be triggered the next time there is a temporary challenge
    http://simscommunity.info/2016/08/16/the-sims-4-new-event-system-coming-soon/

OMG, the Experience (XP) junk isn't that in TS4 Olympus mockups seen two years ago, having to go back to that and pull that out of the hat and rework it for this game, just shows how far away from a life simulator this is, was, or will be.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

no certain game things make your Sim focused; black tea I think it is. One of the teas anyway. The teapot is a good tool to change their
    emotions. The different teas create different emotions. There is browse the Simpedia that can get your Sim focused and Chess. There are other game things too, can't remember if its the microscope or the other doodad that makes them focused.
    One of my Sims needs to be focused for her career, but its aggravating sometimes when you get them in the right mood for work
    and just as they are walking out the door it changes bc they did something else, like water plants which makes them happy (botanist)
    or something else like painting which inspires them etc etc.
    I think an ideal time for the boost would be 2 days max. Anything longer could wreak havoc on the emotional system, causing problems
    in their daily routines. (if players sims have them, & I try to keep my Sims on a routine so they can feel balanced & progress)
    Spontaneity is good but it has its time & place like when they don't have to be in bed early to go to work the next day, like weekends or days off.