Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Relationship culling is a life ruiner. Please stop this or give it as an option. Srsly.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    To be honest, I kinda like the relationship culling, for sims my active doesn't know well. There must be a limit under which the game stops the decay though, like if you get the friend status. I also fail to understand how calculating the decay for inactive sims help performance compared to freezing them.

That should be an option, so we can delete randoms, not have the game just delete everyone.
    And I wonder that a lot too... I dont see how having to calculate something could be better than simply freezing...
  • Options
    JuneDuneJuneDune Posts: 50 Member
    Yeah, I'm really afraid of playing my rotational saves because I don't want this relationship decay affecting my game. To those of you who have MCC, how do you prevent inactive played household relationship decay from happening? Is there some sort of command that I'm missing? I'd really like to play these saves again, even if it's with the help of mods when preventing aggressive relationship decay. :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    JuneDune wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm really afraid of playing my rotational saves because I don't want this relationship decay affecting my game. To those of you who have MCC, how do you prevent inactive played household relationship decay from happening? Is there some sort of command that I'm missing? I'd really like to play these saves again, even if it's with the help of mods when preventing aggressive relationship decay. :)

Relationship decay in MCCC:
    In-game, click on a computer; select MC Command Center
    Other Other Options, select relationship decay.
    Set to 0 for both friendship and romance. (You can set anything between 0 and 100, which are all done as percentages of whatever decay rate is default in the game.)
    Restart the game

Relationship culling in MCCC:
    Add the Population module
    Do the whole computer thing in-game and navigate to the population options.
    Click "true" to bypass relationship culling
    Restart the game

Note that you are, eventually, likely to hit performance issues. The ones I've seen are lot-loading times: more relationships in a save = longer loading. I don't know what's possible if you let the game population grow huge and play loads of Sims and have them all have loads of relationships; I suspect there's a potential for save corruption eventually.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    This is the exact reason why I finally broke down and got the MC Command Center mod. I didn't want to resort to script mods, but I had no choice with this inactive household relationship decay business. I now have relationship decay turned off completely, as well as a few other little things adjusted. I mean, it's really saved the game for me! It's still too bad that I had to use a mod that adds additional options to make the game work right, though...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Mizz_TriceyMizz_Tricey Posts: 32 Member
    I agree. I never used a mod until TS4. I had to look up YouTube videos to figure out how to download it and put it into my game but the MC mod has worked wonders.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I am getting seriously sick and tired of seeing threads about relationship decay. Not because of the people complaining, but because EA have done nothing to fix it and won't even talk about it.

How can we possibly play a sims game without keeping relationships? Seriously? And if it is such a 'performance issue' why can people happily play with a mod installed which corrects the issue?

Come on, EA, for goodness sake! People shouldn't need to fix your mess with mods.
  • Options
    flippinmaryflippinmary Posts: 180 Member
    edited July 2016
    I've decided not to play the game until they fix this as I really can't be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to start building relationships again, and I don't want to use mods.
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I dont use mc to disable this at all, in fact I let it happen and I do t care coz it hasn't affected me yet so I don't even notice it. I would disable it but I have a potato for a laptop
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    meuamourmeuamour Posts: 117 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I absolutely hate that this issue has ruined my play style. I can't play rotational any more and drop in on all my households. And I've tried playing a single household and I can't do that because, for me, I find it really boring.

Every time I want to play, I just think about it and decide not to any more.

Basically
    It really does deter me from playing a whole lot more.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I do really appreciate the mods we have to fix these issues. However, NO communication with the SimGurus since the extreme relationship culling and decay was first brought up really kills any motivation I have for playing the game. Why haven't we heard anything?

It boggles my mind that we continue to have a problem with all the facets of this culling stuff. And trying to get answers is like trying to shout into the wind.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    It really is maddening and frustrating. I find that sims are forgetting they ever met certain sims which is also frustrating because I like my sims to know everyone in their family and it's annoying when they forget. I hope they fix this quickly.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    To be honest, I kinda like the relationship culling, for sims my active doesn't know well. There must be a limit under which the game stops the decay though, like if you get the friend status. I also fail to understand how calculating the decay for inactive sims help performance compared to freezing them.

I'm okay with that if they're acquaintances and haven't been in contact for a loooong time. But not if they just met or are schoolmates or workmates or clubmates or lived together at some time or were close friends or lovers or enemies once upon a time. My Sims should remember those Sims a lot longer, especially if they were close.

Just a personal illustration: I remember only three classmates from when I was in grade 3 (I changed schools later), back in the '70s: the one who was my close friend for about the next 6 or 7 years (and died a few years ago), the one whose house I went to for lunch every day (my mom had a job, the school had no lunch options), and the one who owned a macaw or parrot and an Easy Bake oven and I used to go to his house to play after school sometimes. I've forgotten the rest, and that's okay, but the first? I hope I don't ever forget her.

So, how would that work in Sims? There's a degree of relationship decay and culling that I could live with when I'm playing in rotation - but only if I have aging on, and it would have to be pretty nuanced. If I'm playing with aging off, I'm choosing a world that isn't passing through time in the same way. There should be no decay for nonactive Sims when aging is off, only for active Sims.

That's what I meant.... forgetting the random elder that introduced himself to my sim at the gym is totally fine... the relationship panel lag a lot less since they introduced the culling. But the relationship i put a lot of time developing... these should be left alone.
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    It drives me insane, I have to go through laborious cheats to just make my couples not strangers!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    That's relationship decay, not relationship culling. Relationships have decayed to nothing/zero.

Relationship culling is when their images disappear from the relationship panel and you have to reintroduce your sim.

Both need fixing in a patch.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I've decided not to play the game until they fix this as I really can't be plum to start building relationships again, and I don't want to use mods.

You shouldn't have to use mods for a working game, anyway. A huge fault of TS3 was almost requiring users to utilize mods which made their games smoother, stabler, and work properly. You would have thought, with all of the scrapping TS4 has done (removing open world, CASt, and the whole 9 yards), at the very least, they would provide a WORKING game.

You'd think that, but, this IS EA we're talking about. Their games are bugfests, always have been. I knew it and still wanted to check out the new Sims game.

I can't be the only skeptical, but willing to give it a whirl anyway, player in these forums.

This is not exactly my idea of a "real" sims game, btw. 2 is my benchmark. 3 was a different game entirely, but also fun. 2 I modded, 3 I didn't... not because it couldn't have used it, but partly because I didn't have as much net access then as I do now. NRAAS (MC's inspiration) will join the party if I play 3 again.

This one I have to mod to be able to enjoy it. I'm down to MC and a couple of others now, though. My mods folder used to be epic.

Installing MC changed my game for the better, in MANY ways. And it netted me a friend. I'm in for the ride as long as Deaderpool is, and he's said he's planning to stick around.

Although being the Official MC Cheerleader does kinda put me in the position of having to buy everything, so I can help people with it... but I'd buy it anyway, because it's a Sims game. :)

• Options
    rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I absolutely hate that this issue has ruined my play style. I can't play rotational any more and drop in on all my households. And I've tried playing a single household and I can't do that because, for me, I find it really boring.

Every time I want to play, I just think about it and decide not to any more.

I feel the same way. Playing a single household is boring!!!