Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 4 PETITION

Comments

• Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Signed for every reason stated above. I'll continue playing my heavily modded/cc sims 2.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Maybe the developers should make an in-depth post about what their vision for the Sims 4 actually is. How would they play the game? What do they think makes the game fun and interesting to keep on playing? What are they trying to accomplish, in terms of a cohesive game, with all the expansions and new features? What do they imagine a completed Sims 4 game would offer? And how does that compare with previous Sims games?

I honestly don't think they play. Not as a game to enjoy at home anyway.

OT: I never said I signed. It won't make a difference but go ahead and sign me up. I can't be bothered stating everything that's wrong with this game anymore. Everyone else has already said it in one way, shape, or form. My only involvement with this game is the forum. I don't believe there will ever be a point where I will feel this iteration is for me for too many reasons. Most of which, I don't believe they can or will implement what I want.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Jul97Jul97 Posts: 8 New Member
    Signed.

For me personally it is the lack of simness in the sims. The sims themselves lack any sort of character, and there are no small funny detailes in this game, such as there is in the previous iterations. I have played the sims 2 for many years now, and I still find new details in it that make the game (and sims) feel more alive! For instance, did you know that your sloppy sim will PEE IN THE SHOWER in the sims 2? :smile: something I discovered not that long ago!
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Maybe the developers should make an in-depth post about what their vision for the Sims 4 actually is. How would they play the game? What do they think makes the game fun and interesting to keep on playing? What are they trying to accomplish, in terms of a cohesive game, with all the expansions and new features? What do they imagine a completed Sims 4 game would offer? And how does that compare with previous Sims games?

OT: I never said I signed. It won't make a difference but go ahead and sign me up. I can't be bothered stating everything that's wrong with this game anymore. Everyone else has already said it in one way, shape, or form. My only involvement with this game is the forum. I don't believe there will ever be a point where I will feel this iteration is for me for too many reasons. Most of which, I don't believe they can or will implement what I want.
    Drake said yesterday she plays for hours on end...when asked about how she dealt with culling she just said her sims aren't very social though :u
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Polyrhythm wrote: »

Drake said yesterday she plays for hours on end...when asked about how she dealt with culling she just said her sims aren't very social though :u

She also said in another thread some time ago that she never played with toddlers. So who knows? I often wonder if they just say what they're told to say or if it's not really their game of choice. There are games I can play for hours on end and enjoy for the time being too, but then I won't turn them back on to play for several months, if ever again. It's not because they're terrible or that I think they're bad games. It's because they're just not for me. I found the merit, but it's not always something I feel a hankering to go back to.

She's also not a developer. I more or less meant the developers. I don't think The Sims is their game of choice and I don't think they play it (at least not like many of us do).
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Signed, for the multitude of reasons already stated.

I want EA to stop acting like their way is the ONLY way to play The Sims. No toddlers? They don't care; they didn't like them. Culling? Doesn't bother them. Plum graphics from the 1990s? Obviously a plus in their minds. No open world? Ooh, cozy.

I want EA to admit that TS4 is a failed salvage project of Olympus and that mistakes were made. I want them to stop tying everything to Origin.

What part of "sandbox game" is eluding them? If I can't play the game the way I want then it's not a sandbox game for me.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Stdlr9 wrote: »

I want EA to stop acting like their way is the ONLY way to play The Sims. No toddlers? They don't care; they didn't like them. Culling? Doesn't bother them. Plum graphics from the 1990s? Obviously a plus in their minds. No open world? Ooh, cozy.

I want EA to admit that TS4 is a failed salvage project of Olympus and that mistakes were made. I want them to stop tying everything to Origin.

What part of "sandbox game" is eluding them? If I can't play the game the way I want then it's not a sandbox game for me.

I highly doubt they will ever stop tying the game to Origin, unless they come up with another similar application and name it something different. I do wish they'd rethink the 'Live Service' though. Stripping a game down to make money in the long run is a turn off for people like me. I feel like they overdid that bit this time around.

EDIT: I don't play games for 'potential.' I play them because they entertain me from the get-go.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

With all due respect SimGuruDrake doesn't have anything at all to do with the game itself. She doesn't know anything to relate about the engine why the game needs culling of any sort or even built it. So, it's not much more insight than when I play. It's another Simmer playing due to she isn't part of the actual engineers and programmers.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member

I can't see EA ever ever admitting there is anything wrong with this game and their vision. Which is unfortunate I'd actually have more respect for them if they did admit their limitations with Sims 4 because it was assembled from the scraps of Olympus. I can't see Sims 4 ever getting toddlers, pets or seasons, the game would probably implode if they tried. It's probably going to be SP after SP and eventually maybe even in game purchases, like an app. But I will be first to admit I was wrong if any of those do show up.

• Options
    edited July 2016

I can't see EA ever ever admitting there is anything wrong with this game and their vision. Which is unfortunate I'd actually have more respect for them if they did admit their limitations with Sims 4 because it was assembled from the scraps of Olympus. I can't see Sims 4 ever getting toddlers, pets or seasons, the game would probably implode if they tried. It's probably going to be SP after SP and eventually maybe even in game purchases, like an app. But I will be first to admit I was wrong if any of those do show up.

Unfortunately they can't admit anything. It would be bad PR, and that's assuming they even felt like there was anything to admit. I believe there is more to why they abandon threads demanding answers. If they told the truth or mentioned anything about limitations, the whole idea of 'Live Service' would be flushed down the toilet without a second thought. There's money to be made, and it isn't made by admitting to mistakes or being negative.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Signed.
  • Options
    EvaliynEvaliyn Posts: 129 Member
    Signed, for all of the reasons that was already said, specially because:

1) The Sims 4 don't have the little (big) details like Sims 2;
    2) sims don't have personality (emotions and wishes are all the same for everybody),
    3) The Sims 4 have a lot of limitations (E.g.: why I can run a restaurant but can't be the chef?)
    4) no open neighbourhood,
    5) and ofc, no toddlers!
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I really think you all should all stop addressing comments that are off topic and derailing the thread.
    The topic is about listing and signing disapproval, not arguing the necessity of the thread. Remove all those comments and there is no argument here.
    Exactly, ignore and stay on topic.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I will sign even though one or two of the packs are good but I have yet to see any editing tools or any other outstanding features.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    There's only one way to sign your disapproval and that is by not buying. And I have sinned. Because the game desperately needs all the gameplay content you can get and that's I think the biggest issue I'm disapproving with.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

How does she manage to make those sims not social?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    Signed!

I love TS4 but it's really lacking in comparison to the previous games. I would be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to go back to TS3. Sometimes I wonder how we went from that beautiful masterpiece of a game to............this. :/ I couldn't believe the recent "teaser" we got was the ACTUAL teaser. It felt like a complete joke to me and left MUCH to be desired.

I mean.. we've sunk so low to be speculating about

lemonade (so much gameplay)
    birds (lol?)
    dinner trays (exciting)
    and an NPC..(yay more ugly townies to be generated so they can fill the role)

Like I'm all for being positive guys and I don't like sounding like a debbie downer but this is all just very underwhelming. (at least for me.) Have our expectations for TS4 gone down SOOOOOOOoOoOoOOoO low that we're excited and pumped up for just about anything because of how deprived we are of real game changing content? ><''~
  • Options
    BluePearl94BluePearl94 Posts: 13 New Member
    I'm pretty much disappointed with the same things that everyone else is.
    1. I don't like how they reverted babies back to Sims 1 style where they are attached to the bassinet. I enjoyed being able to have the parents carry the baby around the house and rock them in the rocking chairs
    2. No toddlers, obviously. I thought they were going to add more life stages such as preschool aged children, or preteens and have them go through puberty.
    3. I wish I were able to edit the neighbourhood. Like placing empty lots where I want and removing lots, and placing trees and stuff around the entire neighbourhood.
    4. There are no landscaping tools! I can't make hills or ponds or anything!
    5. No graveyards kinda sucks too.
    6. The teenagers look exactly like adults, the only difference is they do homework and can't woohoo (without a mod)
    7. The creators of the Sims franchise keep releasing these silly updates that are repeated disappointments to the fans and not what people are looking for at all. People want the toddlers back, and pets and so on, but so far, we're two years into the Sims 4 and have 2 expansion packs, and only one of them is even sort of worth buying.
    8. I can't even have my sims relax on their own bed.
    9. One plate is left on the coffee table and my sims are 'very uncomfortable' for the rest of the day, I can't make them do anything when they're uncomfortable
    10. The game still offers me emotion lessons in the top right corner, even though I've been playing for 2 years.
    11. A bunch of useless stuff packs are being released for no reason, a simple update can add a few more items to the game, but the stuff packs make you pay 10 bucks for 10 items.
    12. No split staircases!! This is a huge pet peeve, because I often like to try to build houses I've been in before, and no house I've been in ever has had a straight staircase like the ones in the game. In the Sims 2 and 3 with the landscaping tool, I could work it in such a way that I could sort of forge a split staircase, but the creators took that away too.
    13. Also, I personally think it takes way too much time and work to reach the top of a career. I send my sims to work everyday and make them work hard, regardless. I have them complete all their daily tasks the second they get home, and no sooner do they finally reach the top of a career, than they die of old age.
    14. My biggest frustration is that it seems as though everyone has been asking for new additions to the game like toddlers for example, but it just feels as though it is not getting heard by the creators. In order to make money, they need to have good business, and in order to have good business, the customers need to be satisfied. I've read about a lot or people going back to the Sims 2 and 3 due to disappointment with the 4th installment of the franchise. I just hope the Sims creators start listening to the requests of their customers, and make the game more enjoyable for everyone!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited July 2016
    Removed.
    Post edited by elanorbreton on
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I'll sign for very obvious reasons (and those stated by others on this thread).

--T
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited July 2016
    @JoAnne65
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    There's only one way to sign your disapproval and that is by not buying. And I have sinned. Because the game desperately needs all the gameplay content you can get and that's I think the biggest issue I'm disapproving with.
    you are right - not to buy is the only real disapproval
    & we would have done so with every other game, that's for sure
    but EA pokered & won so far, a little money from us because we LOVE TheSims, we love this franchise as developed over the 1.5 decades

is it a sin to love ? or is it rather a sin to exploit a love ?

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member

How does she manage to make those sims not social?

I'd like to know what she does to have fun. The sims 4 basically outside of social-party doesn't leave much gameplay style freedom without becaming a grindy boring repetition in a few hours. Is not like there is much family play or activities at home, for what I have played. :/
  • Options
    Nina333Nina333 Posts: 85 Member
    Signed. Also for all the reasons already stated.
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member

I have also already signed my disapproval in the manner you suggest, although I foolishly bought the base game (at the original price) and GTW I have bought nothing else.
    raw