Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tutorial on how to hire your own sims you made, to work in your Restaurant

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    OliiveSims wrote: »
    This was really helpful thank you :smile:

Its a pleasure :)
  • Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    /rate+
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    This is awesome :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    Well, I am glad for this work-around to hire sims that we've created. But is nobody else disappointed that you can't hire sims you actually play? Once you play their household, they'll lose their job.

Although I guess it's pretty easy to re-hire them, and they don't lose the skills they've earned. It's just disappointing that they've made this so complicated. :\
  • Options
    Romire wrote: »
    /rate+

:)
    This is awesome :)

Thank you :)
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    Well, I am glad for this work-around to hire sims that we've created. But is nobody else disappointed that you can't hire sims you actually play? Once you play their household, they'll lose their job.

Although I guess it's pretty easy to re-hire them, and they don't lose the skills they've earned. It's just disappointing that they've made this so complicated. :\

Hopefully they will see our feedback and how much lots of simmers want it, then release the option in a future update ;)
  • Options
    Lckygrl1975Lckygrl1975 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Thanks for the help :)
    PPHeader_zpsacc5170a.jpg</a>
  • Options
    Thanks for the help :)

Huge pleasure :)
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    I don't have the GP yet, but can't you just set your staff household as unplayed? That is how I create custom lot NPCs such as gym and yoga instructors.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    Thetford wrote: »
    I don't have the GP yet, but can't you just set your staff household as unplayed? That is how I create custom lot NPCs such as gym and yoga instructors.

They have to be unhoused to show up in the hiring pool.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member

I mean unplayed as turning their played status off by clicking on the plumbob on the household. Also, you can skip the move in household process by clicking the cancel x when moving it, automatically putting them in the not in world category.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Thanks for the tips! :)

I don't have DO yet, but it's good to see there is a weird workaround for this.

I hope we can one day hire our own sims for restaurant jobs in the future, if not in ts4, then...maybe ts5?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    Great tutorial, thanks. For some reason it doesn't always work...

I have 5 restaurants in my game (a different style in each world) and went through the motions to hire sims for all of them. The 5th one was where I hit the downfall. Like @Jesf8312 the game generated more townies and brought those ones up instead of the ones I had made.

I had created 5 households of 6 sims to fill all the roles - that's 2 chefs, 3 waiters and 1 host for each restaurant. But it obviously did not like my last bunch at all! Very frustrating when it worked for all the others.
  • Options
    Marti_SternMarti_Stern Posts: 153 Member
    Maybe this was just random, but I know a quicker way to do this. So you just have to hire a random townie, and then edit them in CAS. Then just place the sim you really wanted to hire in the household and delete the first sim. Now the desired sim will appear in the hire menu.
    I repeat I don't know if it was just chance, but it happened xD
  • Options

They have to be not in the world to work, also if they are unplayed then there is a big chance of them being culled with all the other npc's once there is too many as you can see here http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/06/restaurant-employees-and-culling/

Yes that is true, thanks for answering :)

I mean unplayed as turning their played status off by clicking on the plumbob on the household. Also, you can skip the move in household process by clicking the cancel x when moving it, automatically putting them in the not in world category.

If you do that then they go directly into not in world and unplayed and will possibly be culled with other not in world sims as in link above.

Thanks for the tips! :)

I don't have DO yet, but it's good to see there is a weird workaround for this.

I hope we can one day hire our own sims for restaurant jobs in the future, if not in ts4, then...maybe ts5?

Its a pleasure, I hope that an easier method will be in an update soon, you also sometimes have to go back into manage world when you want to add more workers and delete the generated ones again, its really a waste of time, we will just have to wait and see ;)
    Great tutorial, thanks. For some reason it doesn't always work...

I have 5 restaurants in my game (a different style in each world) and went through the motions to hire sims for all of them. The 5th one was where I hit the downfall. Like @Jesf8312 the game generated more townies and brought those ones up instead of the ones I had made.

I had created 5 households of 6 sims to fill all the roles - that's 2 chefs, 3 waiters and 1 host for each restaurant. But it obviously did not like my last bunch at all! Very frustrating when it worked for all the others.

That happens especially with so many restaurants, you unfortuanatly just need to keep on deleting the npc's until you get who you want, sometimes its a pain, I had that last night when I filled the 3rd waiter position, had to go into manage world like six times before I got who I want.
    Maybe this was just random, but I know a quicker way to do this. So you just have to hire a random townie, and then edit them in CAS. Then just place the sim you really wanted to hire in the household and delete the first sim. Now the desired sim will appear in the hire menu.
    I repeat I don't know if it was just chance, but it happened xD

I did manage to that once as well, but then some times it did not work and I had to do it the long way. I also found that because the sim is joining a not in world unplayed household there is a chance of culling happening as well.

• Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    edited June 2016
    I did it and it let me hire my simself brother in law I wanted my sister to be the chef my simself brother in law is the host
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    KeyserFn wrote: »
    I did it and it let me hire my simself brother in law I wanted my sister to be the chef my simself brother in law is the host

Awesome, a family business :)
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    edited June 2016
    Is there a way to make a "Pool of NPC sims available for hiring in restaurants" if we DO NOT want to own the restaurant? I would like to create NPC sims that are all skilled up and then have them chosen randomly for the restaurants in each neighborhood.

I'm not into running any businesses... too much work. :smile:
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    SnowWolf58 wrote: »
    Is there a way to make a "Pool of NPC sims available for hiring in restaurants" if we DO NOT want to own the restaurant? I would like to create NPC sims that are all skilled up and then have them chosen randomly for the restaurants in each neighborhood.

I'm not into running any businesses... too much work. :smile:

I suppose you could try and delete all the "not in world sims" that you don't want, it would be a sim daily thing though. Sounds like a lot of work, but give it a go and see if it might work.
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    Now my simself sister and her husband work there .She's a chief and he's a host which is what I wanted .I wonder though can I move my sister into a neighborhood now or will that mess it up
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    Now my simself sister and her husband work there .She's a chief and he's a host which is what I wanted .I wonder though can I move my sister into a neighborhood now or will that mess it up

After I hired my sims, I moved them into the neighborhood and found no problems so far... (I haven't played the household yet though).
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    They can move into a house after you've hired them, but if you play their household they'll lose the job.
  • Options
    momlallamomlalla Posts: 10 New Member
    I did it last night and hired all my own staff for my Hogan's diner. Thanks
  • Options
    mischiefluvermischiefluver Posts: 738 Member
    This will work a lot better when we get a new world because I have a ton of "not in world" played sims that I have made that are just hanging out waiting for a house because all of my lots are filled.
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited June 2016
    Posted in your other thread but thanks so much for making this tutorial. o:) Just downloaded some skilled sims from the gallery and going to try it now. Of course my problem now is to not get attached to the sims and want to play them. lol
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options

You can move her in a house. Don't ever play her though, she will lose her job.
    AznSensei wrote: »

After I hired my sims, I moved them into the neighborhood and found no problems so far... (I haven't played the household yet though).

Your sims will be ok as long as you never play them. They lose their job if you play them.

pixiejuice wrote: »
    They can move into a house after you've hired them, but if you play their household they'll lose the job.

Yip :) Thanks for answering
    This will work a lot better when we get a new world because I have a ton of "not in world" played sims that I have made that are just hanging out waiting for a house because all of my lots are filled.

Yeah you might battle with a lot of not in world sims as they all will be eligible for a position.
    treece01 wrote: »
    Posted in your other thread but thanks so much for making this tutorial. o:) Just downloaded some skilled sims from the gallery and going to try it now. Of course my problem now is to not get attached to the sims and want to play them. lol

Big pleasure. Let me know if you come right :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top