Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tutorial on how to hire your own sims you made, to work in your Restaurant

Comments

• Options
    Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    @rosemow,
    Another thing I have noticed with the Dining Out package: When a friend Sim asks my Restaurant owner Sim to go out to eat (at the restaurant that my Sim owns), we arrive and no one is there, working. I would have to then open my own restaurant in order for my Sim to go on a date.

I thought the restaurant ran even when your owner was not there?? And-I thought our Sims were supposed to be able to dine at our own restaurants and not have to be playing the "owner" at the time we were dining or on a date?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    @rosemow,
    Another thing I have noticed with the Dining Out package: When a friend Sim asks my Restaurant owner Sim to go out to eat (at the restaurant that my Sim owns), we arrive and no one is there, working. I would have to then open my own restaurant in order for my Sim to go on a date.

I thought the restaurant ran even when your owner was not there?? And-I thought our Sims were supposed to be able to dine at our own restaurants and not have to be playing the "owner" at the time we were dining or on a date?

Hello @Junebug6620 .
    When you own a restaurant, it doesn't run all the time. You need to open and close the restaurant. You don't need to though be at the restaurant to open it. You can open the restaurant from your home.
  • Options
    @rosemow,
    So, in order to go to my own restaurant, on a date that another Sims asks me to go on--I should open my restaurant from home, before going out with that person? I just realized--that is not possible either, because as soon as you accept the invitation to go out to eat, the request starts processing immediately--taking your Sim to the location for the date.
  • Options
    @rosemow,
    So, in order to go to my own restaurant, on a date that another Sims asks me to go on--I should open my restaurant from home, before going out with that person? I just realized--that is not possible either, because as soon as you accept the invitation to go out to eat, the request starts processing immediately--taking your Sim to the location for the date.

Hello.
    When on a date, you open the restaurant when you get to the venue. If you want to open your restaurant at another time when it is not a date , without going to the restaurant, you can open the restaurant from your own home.
  • Options
    @rosemow,
    Thank you. I thought that the owner Sim would not have to open the restaurant (once getting there). I thought that it would run at other times on it's own? If I have to open it myself (which I have done)--I find it distracting to try to be on the date & I end up watching how my staff is doing, lol. Maybe I'm just too much of a control freak? lol. I really thought that the restaurant would run also, even if you weren't there. There is the one reward or what ever it is called that you can buy with points--something about your restaurants having less problems or accidents if your Sim is not there when it is open? I guess that only means though, after you have physically opened it? Apparently I misunderstood that reward item...
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    From my own library saved individual dishes are still impeccable, but have a count down on freshness, so the "fresh chef" quality is gone.
  • Options
    @rosemow,

Remember my earlier discussion on how many uniforms we are allowed to make for each woman & man in each of the 3 positions for your restaurant?

Reading one of the links you posted (from another thread), for the SimsVIP--I saw a paragraph. We ARE supposed to be able to make UP to 5 uniforms for both men & women (a total of 10), for each positions (30 in all).

So something was buggy earlier when I was trying to make additional uniforms for my staff.

• Options
    @rosemow,

Remember my earlier discussion on how many uniforms we are allowed to make for each woman & man in each of the 3 positions for your restaurant?

Reading one of the links you posted (from another thread), for the SimsVIP--I saw a paragraph. We ARE supposed to be able to make UP to 5 uniforms for both men & women (a total of 10), for each positions (30 in all).

So something was buggy earlier when I was trying to make additional uniforms for my staff.

Hello
    It sounded like at the time that there was a glitch in your game. Sometimes issues randomly occur. I am sorry that your game had the issues then.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Marley V wrote: »
    @fullspiral the sim you want as chef has some gourmet skill right?
    at first I made the mistake of thinking it was mixology and cooking they needed...

Actually, you're not wrong. I looked at 3 chefs yesterday (finally, @fullspiral !!), and they ALL had "regular" cooking of level 7 or better. As a chef, they IMPROVE the gourmet cooking skill, but as for getting the position, they need to be a pretty good general cook first, it looks like.

Usual disclaimer, I'm not a programmer. I looked at this with Show Sim Info and the main thing they all had was cooking (homestyle, not gourmet).

dr9ovt.jpg

• Options
    Mairisie25Mairisie25 Posts: 4 New Member
    Thanks. You're a restaurant saver. I was so frustrated. Your directions were easy to follow. If four days I lost my police station,hospital,and science lab. I was about ready to quit Sims.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited July 2016
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Please note that the sims you want to hire have to be not in the world and also not employed in another job.

I made this tutorial very 123 abc step by step so it has 20 Photos to share. Its for simmers just starting out or those that battle to follow instructions without pics. Hope you enjoy it and that it will help you hire your own sims. It comes in 5 parts with 4 photo's each so I don't break slow internet users computers ;)

Once you have made your playable sim and she/he bought their restaurant and is at the restaurant then you can follow these steps

Step 1

GdNraB0.png
    select and empty lot and then click on create a new household, that wil take you to CAS

Step 2
    2e3KM6n.png
    Import or make your worker sims in CAS and then hit the play button

Step 3
    l3vE0PY.png
    Confirm by clicking save and play

Step 4
    ziZCjrI.png
    Click to purchase the home.

More steps to follow ........

Will it work if I do it with a played household that isnt active? Or must they be in currently not world,

Help @mcrudd please
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Will it work if I do it with a played household that isnt active? Or must they be in currently not world,

Help @mcrudd please
    Post edited by Orchid13 on 7:50PM

@Orchid13

Restaurant workers must be (and stay) UNPLAYED.

Not in world/In world doesn't matter for setting it up, they just mainly need to be unplayed, unemployed, and have at least Cooking 7 to be considered for Chef. (Not sure on the other two, but I looked at 3 Chefs).

Moving them into a house after they're hired is supposed to make it less likely for the game to cull them or unemploy them.

(They did *something* new to NPC Careers lately, some at least... used to be I could put a Mailman in a house and they'd keep their job... more recently, if I house a mailman, they immediately "quit" the job. I liked it better before they "fixed" it.)

Just mentioning the mailman thing in case something snags with the restaurant workers. It may be something new they've done. It may not happen, this is just-in-case territory. Game has a lot of that.

Save a copy of your game to your desktop if you're concerned. :)

Edit: autocorrect is fast becoming the bane of my existence. >.<
  • Options
    BTW, @Orchid13 you DO know how to switch households between Played and Unplayed?

Manage households, Played windows, click the plumbob on the bottom left of the picture to change them to Unplayed.
  • Options

Help @mcrudd please

@Orchid13

Not in world/In world doesn't matter for setting it up, they just mainly need to be unplayed, unemployed, and have at least Cooking 7 to be considered for Chef. (Not sure on the other two, but I looked at 3 Chefs).

Moving them into a house after they're hired is supposed to make it less likely for the game to cull them or unemploy them.

(They did *something* new to NPC Careers lately, some at least... used to be I could put a Mailman in a house and they'd keep their job... more recently, if I house a mailman, they immediately "quit" the job. I liked it better before they "fixed" it.)

Just mentioning the mailman thing in case something snags with the restaurant workers. It may be something new they've done. It may not happen, this is just-in-case territory. Game has a lot of that.

Thank, but why must they have skill level 7, if the ones hireable by EA have one cooking skills. Also is it just luck. Cause the last time i hired i saw non of my unplayaed households
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Help @mcrudd please

@Orchid13

Thank, but why must they have skill level 7, if the ones hireable by EA have one cooking skills. Also is it just luck. Cause the last time i hired i saw non of my unplayaed households

I don't know for sure. In the game I looked at the 3 chefs in, 2 had 7 cooking and one had 8. I assumed (bad practice, sorry) that meant they had to have that to be considered.

Cooking and Gourmet Cooking are different. (Captain Obvious moment, don't mind me...) I don't understand why it looks at cooking when it's gourmet cooking the chef station increases, either. This game is just whack, sometimes.

I wonder if "sort order" has to do with Sim IDs?

I really haven't played with restaurants a lot... maybe I should just hush. :)
  • Options

Help @mcrudd please

@Orchid13

I don't know for sure. In the game I looked at the 3 chefs in, 2 had 7 cooking and one had 8. I assumed (bad practice, sorry) that meant they had to have that to be considered.

Cooking and Gourmet Cooking are different. (Captain Obvious moment, don't mind me...) I don't understand why it looks at cooking when it's gourmet cooking the chef station increases, either. This game is just whack, sometimes.

I wonder if "sort order" has to do with Sim IDs?

I really haven't played with restaurants a lot... maybe I should just hush. :)

Thank you for your information anyway, maybe @mcrudd could clear that up for us
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Mairisie25 wrote: »
    Thanks. You're a restaurant saver. I was so frustrated. Your directions were easy to follow. If four days I lost my police station,hospital,and science lab. I was about ready to quit Sims.

Glad that I could help :)

Help @mcrudd please

For the initial hiring they need to be currently not in world, once you have hired them you can place them BUT make sure you never ever play them in any sort of way. Never click on their house to build or anything, as soon as you click on that family then they will immidiately lose their jobs.

• Options
    About the skills, I have had both no skilled sims that had to work their way up and had fully skilled sims that went up very fast in their jobs. So its up to you which you prefer. I hire my sims quite easily cause I don't have much if any currently not in world sims so the game does not have much of an option than to give me my sims I want to hire ;) Hope that clears some things up for you, sorry if I am not around much, have a lot going on in real life, but will try to keep up with my threads as much as I can.
  • Options
    Mairisie25Mairisie25 Posts: 4 New Member
    I lost my restaurant employees after I invited them to my house. They must remain unplayed with. No interactions outside the restaurant I found out. I thought I could just get to know them so they would be happy at work and do a better job.
  • Options
    SailorSims3SailorSims3 Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you so much! You have no idea how much stressing I went through after my old workers got culled.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    mcrudd wrote: »

Glad that I could help :)

Help @mcrudd please

For the initial hiring they need to be currently not in world, once you have hired them you can place them BUT make sure you never ever play them in any sort of way. Never click on their house to build or anything, as soon as you click on that family then they will immidiately lose their jobs.

@mcrudd can i pre build the house, send them to an empty spot give them a bunch of money, getting them out of the house and keep the money and then buy a house i made for them? haha
    Post edited by Orchid13 on
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    VGismyIDVGismyID Posts: 22 New Member
    I lost my restaurant employees after I invited them to my house. They must remain unplayed with. No interactions outside the restaurant I found out. I thought I could just get to know them so they would be happy at work and do a better job.

Really?.. ??!
    What the heck?
    The whole point of being able to hire who I want in my restaurant is to be able to build a story... I originally wanted to actually be the main chef but that's of course impossible. So very frustrating. At least let me hire my sims brother and make it a family restaurant.
  • Options

Yeah they should not be interacted after work at all, unless you see them while you are out and about at a park or something, their house should never get selected for visits or phoned to meet you up or anything like that. I wish we could interact with them more, hopefully it will be introduced in the future.
    Thank you so much! You have no idea how much stressing I went through after my old workers got culled.

Glad to help, happy simming :)

@mcrudd can i pre build the house, send them to an empty spot give them a bunch of money, getting them out of the house and keep the money and then buy a house i made for them? haha

As long as you do all of these things before you hire it, then I don't think you will have any issues ;)

VGismyID wrote: »

Really?.. ??!
    What the heck?
    The whole point of being able to hire who I want in my restaurant is to be able to build a story... I originally wanted to actually be the main chef but that's of course impossible. So very frustrating. At least let me hire my sims brother and make it a family restaurant.

You can do a family restaurant if the brother does not live in the same house and if you not play that household again or invite them over, if you read on the first few pages there is a couple of simmers that made family restaurants ;)
  • Options
    JellyEyesJellyEyes Posts: 354 Member
    Thanks so much for this tutorial! I thought I was stuck forever employing random townies. I find myself caring so much more about the employees when I make them. I only kept one that the game gave me (but made her over enough to like her). My sim spends so much time there, I need to like them like they're her family also.
  • Options
    @mcrudd I browsed by here earlier to answer a question for an MC user... saw the finished tutorial for the first time.

AMAZING job... Five Stars! :)

Bookmarked, too. B)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top