Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The only issue I have with this update...

IS THE HORRIBLE MESHES.
Honestly, thank you EA for allowing this to happen! I'm so glad things like these can finally be in the game and it will open a lot more creative opportunities and interesting story telling BUT what is up with all the bad meshes!?
Like, there's square breasts
tumblr_o86b06JSA41rjc7v3o5_r1_1280.png
and pointy crotches...
tumblr_o86b06JSA41rjc7v3o6_r1_1280.png
not to mention the hair for the male options are absolutely horrendous.
tumblr_inline_o86br685kp1sm0w02_400.png

They could have AT LEAST tested all the outfits more properly. I really hope this gets fixed soon.
source for pics
codxHiZ.jpg
Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!

Comments

• Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Shuushii wrote: »
    IS THE HORRIBLE MESHES.
    Honestly, thank you EA for allowing this to happen! I'm so glad things like these can finally be in the game and it will open a lot more creative opportunities and interesting story telling BUT what is up with all the bad meshes!?
    Like, there's square breasts
    tumblr_o86b06JSA41rjc7v3o5_r1_1280.png
    and pointy crotches...
    tumblr_o86b06JSA41rjc7v3o6_r1_1280.png
    not to mention the hair for the male options are absolutely horrendous.
    tumblr_inline_o86br685kp1sm0w02_400.png

They could have AT LEAST tested all the outfits more properly. I really hope this gets fixed soon.
    source for pics

LOL Those are pretty bad.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    xtahwyashctibxtahwyashctib Posts: 39 Member
    LOL!!!! Thank you for sharing this and lightening the mood a little, at least for me.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Some of the hair makes places on the faces if put on the opposite gender. And some of them at top of the head on the crown have paint missing if put on the male Sim. It's sort of looks bad if I can see it. It's the first things I noticed. And I agree I can't stand the bad bra look which is on most of the male clothes for females. I knew it wouldn't be that simple as some thought it should be.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    LOL!!!! Thank you for sharing this and lightening the mood a little, at least for me.

Haha, at least you found some entertainment in these god awful meshes!! That's a positive. I wish I could see it that way, I was so excited for this update then you see the sword crotch :s
    codxHiZ.jpg
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    It definitely needs more updating, but for the most part I'm still happy with it, even if they kinda blotched some of the meshes. They might go in and adjust it in the near future so I'm not very concerned about it.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    I noticed some of the masculine tops make the pink undies warp in a weird way.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    A lot of the female tops seem to have some sort of breast shadow on the texture itself too, they look really weird on males :/
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Some of the hair makes places on the faces if put on the opposite gender. And some of them at top of the head on the crown have paint missing if put on the male Sim. It's sort of looks bad if I can see it. It's the first things I noticed. And I agree I can't stand the bad bra look which is on most of the male clothes for females. I knew it wouldn't be that simple as some thought it should be.

Yeah, I noticed that too which was a real bummer. And I understand how unisex clothing and features are really hard to do but I wouldn't mind waiting for a long time to get a much more polished out product but I guess they needed to put it for LGBT month? That or for publicity before Dine Out, haha.
    Amiutza wrote: »
    It definitely needs more updating, but for the most part I'm still happy with it, even if they kinda blotched some of the meshes. They might go in and adjust it in the near future so I'm not very concerned about it.

I am very happy with it too! I can't wait to try it out on my game but I wish EA would let things sit for a little longer to be more finished than us always having to rely on patches!! I don't know maybe I'm just being picky haha.
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    A lot of the female tops seem to have some sort of breast shadow on the texture itself too, they look really weird on males :/

OH THAT TOO! I was kind of irked at that. It doesn't show as much when the tops are not the female tops that show cleavage but its still p annoying to see, ahaha. I hope they see this and do something about that!
    codxHiZ.jpg
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I had tried drawing on my desktop once with it's drawing pad, and I too come out with half circles like that. So drawing on computer is not as easy as you make think it to be. Certainly not as easy as it would be to draw the same picture by hand on a piece of paper. But we do need better software that makes drawing on a computer a lot easier.
  • Options
    WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    Just noticed a white strip going across my female sims shoulder after trying on a pre-made male sleepwear outfit.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    Just noticed a white strip going across my female sims shoulder after trying on a pre-made male sleepwear outfit.
    Sometimes some strange bugs show up in the game just after updating it. Try backing out of your game to either to the main menu or shutting down the game entirely. Then restart the game with the household that you was just playing, and see if the problem comes back.

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2016
    They did address this in the patch notes/one of the articles (I forget). They said some of the things were harder to convert, but they went with the choice of giving people more options... Rather than leaving some things out because they weren't quite right.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    They did address this in the patch notes/one of the articles (I forget). They said some of the things were harder to convert, but they went with the choice of giving people more options... Rather than leaving some things out because they weren't quite right.

I also have a feeling that they may have an automated process for doing a lot of the work of manipulating meshes to fit the other sex's body. Which is easier and quicker, at the expense of things really not being perfect.

I don't really blame them, knowing the volume of clothes they did. I'd go mad hand-tweaking meshes for hundreds of items too.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »

I also have a feeling that they may have an automated process for doing a lot of the work of manipulating meshes to fit the other sex's body. Which is easier and quicker, at the expense of things really not being perfect.

I don't really blame them, knowing the volume of clothes they did. I'd go mad hand-tweaking meshes for hundreds of items too.
    They are not going to get things just right no matter what they try. Unless they have a machine doing all the work, which is not likely.

• Options
    strawberrymarkstrawberrymark Posts: 199 Member

I'd rather they leave them out and work on the issues than give us half a--ed items lol. Like some items look pretty bad that if they left them out to fix, I wouldn't have missed them. They said this took them a year to figure out and yet things cc creators have been doing (converting male to female and vice versa), they could have at least smoothed out the bad bugs. Then fixed up the minor issues afterwards (a few weeks)?

but maybe that's just my opinion? :/
  • Options
    xtahwyashctibxtahwyashctib Posts: 39 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

They are not going to get things just right no matter what they try. Unless they have a machine doing all the work, which is not likely.

You really think EA, in 2016, does everything by hand still?
  • Options

The thing is though, CC and mod creators have spoken out about how it is fixable and do-able. Yes, its hard, of course it is. I don't doubt that But its not impossible. EA is a big corporation and if a group of players who are doing this for free can do it, then I assume the creators who do this for a living can too. Especially with all the resources they have available to them.

"Heres the problem, “female” meshes have more vertices in the breast area, that’s just the reality of how they set up the body templates. So when they converted male clothing they simply pushed out the vertices to somewhat match the female form, but there aren’t enough points to make it smooth and they didn’t bother to update the mesh."

If some clothing are more difficult and they didn't want to exclude it then they should have just took time to fix that and make it more passable. No one was expecting this update, no one was waiting for it, so honestly why the rush? That's just how I feel about it.
    And I wanted to address these problems in the open so hopefully the creators can see this and see how upset people are about it and fix it.
    codxHiZ.jpg
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Maybe it'll change over time since they mentioned they can tweak the more popular clothing items with demand.

...But that hair has been like that since the dawn of time, hasn't it? It also gets weird on female sims with broader shoulders too if I remember correctly. :(
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Cement wrote: »
    Maybe it'll change over time since they mentioned they can tweak the more popular clothing items with demand.

...But that hair has been like that since the dawn of time, hasn't it? It also gets weird on female sims with broader shoulders too if I remember correctly. :(

Only the clothing items with demand!? Smh. Talk about half heartedness, and here I thought they were really concerned about the community. I'm heart broken, EA! I should have known! :'( What about the small majority who still want nice unisex clothes but have differing tastes from the norm!!

Oh, has it!? I don't use that hair at all so I have no idea, haha. I stand corrected and take back what I said about that hair then.
    codxHiZ.jpg
  • Options
    AkiraAnubiseAkiraAnubise Posts: 240 Member
    edited June 2016
    That's the issue i have with this update. While i like the update (yay for M-preg because now i can make my world nothing but males)

I would rather them wait before they pushed this update out and get these thing right or at least selected a few outfit chooses to avoid this), but i have a feeling they pushed it out because it's LGBT month, or a publicity stunt before Dine Out come out. I like the clothing but i rather not have my male sims go from flat chested to having a C size chest that popped out of nowhere. Heck Modder can make dress for male without having all these issues. :neutral:

EDIT: Just think it took them a year to do this, so i don't see these meshes being fixed.
  • Options
    JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    For me, this is the issue -

1ce94f20042ea5a4501be008e8b8d07b.png

Look at his chest! You can still see where they textured it darker due to the female features. It is nice tho and most of the female clothing seems to work flawlessly for dudes. Some of the tops really seem unisex to begin with (The jacket with the rolled up sleeves is nice)
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Shuushii wrote: »
    Cement wrote: »

Only the clothing items with demand!? Smh. Talk about half heartedness, and here I thought they were really concerned about the community. I'm heart broken, EA! I should have known! :'( What about the small majority who still want nice unisex clothes but have differing tastes from the norm!!

Oh, has it!? I don't use that hair at all so I have no idea, haha. I stand corrected and take back what I said about that hair then.
    Yeah that hair's always been wonky unless you give them tiny shoulders. Example from an old thread:
    @thesimsfairy47‌
    1. Take a random female sim in CAS.
    2. Use that hairstyle on her.
    3. Widen her shoulders to the maximum.
    4. Decrease her neck's size to the minimum (or widen her neck too. Doesn't matter, really).
    5. Raise Fitness and Weight bars to the maximum.
    6. Be in shock.

7ttk9x2o.png

:*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016

You really think EA, in 2016, does everything by hand still?
    No, what I'm saying is that they are not likely having a computer come up with the art work for the game. They have people that are creating the art work for the game on computers. So you are telling me that you believe EA has this computer that's creating everything that we see in the game in 2016. If that is true, if a computer is really the one creating everything that we see in the game. Then answer me this one simple question. Why is it I have one of my female sims wear one top that makes her breasts look big, and another top that makes her breasts look smaller?

• Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    yeah that's my problem too. but i figure if enough people report it they'll be able to fix it.
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited June 2016

Considering modders were able to do it, there is no excuse for a team of Engineers to do it. Also, as I said, several modders have CONVERTED clothes to the opposite sex (converted in the key word here because thats different than making something specifically for the other sex) and they succeeded just fine with no weird textural issues.......and they don't have the budget EA has and do it for free.......

Although honestly as long as I don't have a bunch of bugs added with the patch I don't mind.