Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Restaurant Gamepack/Childrens stuff pack LEAKED!

Comments

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I'm very happy about the videos and how they presented so thank you @SimGuruDrake. It gave me a nice nostalgia of the old leaflet videos. I knew tragic clown was coming because modders found it in the files. Nice to know the prediction of restaurants came true and I guess will be interesting to see them in a game pack for a change. I just hope they are as detailed as the Sims 1 and 2 restaurants and very open and Sims can run restaurants too. The children's pack reminds me of the Teen Style Stuff pack, so I was very happy to see a pack dedicated towards children. It is just not feeling disappointed for a change. I was expecting to be I admit since I wasn't expecting more than the usual things from past Sims 4 packs and patches. I am curious if the monster under the bed will be interactable or not like a NPC.

I hope the monster under the bed is interactable, it looked like Children can talk to it and maybe play with it :3 I'm wondering about Tragic Clown, will we get him in the GP or an update since we already have his painting in the Base Game? Unless they change how he appears.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I'm very happy about the videos and how they presented so thank you @SimGuruDrake. It gave me a nice nostalgia of the old leaflet videos. I knew tragic clown was coming because modders found it in the files. Nice to know the prediction of restaurants came true and I guess will be interesting to see them in a game pack for a change. I just hope they are as detailed as the Sims 1 and 2 restaurants and very open and Sims can run restaurants too. The children's pack reminds me of the Teen Style Stuff pack, so I was very happy to see a pack dedicated towards children. It is just not feeling disappointed for a change. I was expecting to be I admit since I wasn't expecting more than the usual things from past Sims 4 packs and patches. I am curious if the monster under the bed will be interactable or not like a NPC.

I hope the monster under the bed is interactable, it looked like Children can talk to it and maybe play with it :3 I'm wondering about Tragic Clown, will we get him in the GP or an update since we already have his painting in the Base Game? Unless they change how he appears.
    Huh so maybe the Sims 3 style? I hope Tragic Clown is patched in hopefully, otherwise I'll end up keeping the modded version. I'm thinking the Tragic Clown was SimGuruMeatball's parting gift.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

Huh so maybe the Sims 3 style? I hope Tragic Clown is patched in hopefully, otherwise I'll end up keeping the modded version. I'm thinking the Tragic Clown was SimGuruMeatball's parting gift.

I was just thinking this!!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    FeyonaFeyona Posts: 145 Member

It looked like kids can interact with monsters and may be turn them into a plush toy? I am just guessing.

• Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Here are a little better pics:

2rt306H.png

x6UT62r.png

The red girls hair i hella awesome. Love the braids. :)

And I think the rubik's cube might be jello XD

Is that boy in the picture wearing an apron? Wonder if we will get a kids oven? Hmm. And I LOVE the orange monster. SO CUTE!!

I know!

No it's a cat space sweater :p

I wonder if that cat on the kids sweater could be under the bed LOL...it looks like claws under the bed. Hmm. Hopefully, it is another toy. I hope they can interact with that orange monster. How cute would that be? I wonder if it sleeps like the Teddy Bear in the game now. So many questions.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Oooh! Is this true?! If so, I'm sooo excited right now!

I love restaurants. And I would love more stuff for the children! :)

I am going to wait patiently for more details.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Arletta wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Piperbird wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Piperbird wrote: »
    FranSims wrote: »
    And what is the content, a first for The Sims 4, who have never seen in other sims, which would be announced today?

No one ever promised anything like that for today. I don't know why people are upset.

It was never said we would get content never seen before in The Sims, but it's a shame we cannot expect and actually receive that.

I, for one, am a bit sick of paying for what I already have in the past versions, which were done better previously than their rehashed counterparts.

We may still get that, in the future. However, for today we were only promised a bit of communication. For some reason the forums took that to mean a huge announcement with balloons and an elephant and free toddlers for all. And now, after once again jumping to conclusions, are once again disappointed that they did not get what they had no reason to expect.

Well, I personally was not expecting toddlers at all, especially after SimGuruDrake coming on the forums and confirming they would not be in the announcement at all. I highly doubt a large portion of fans were expecting toddlers either after that confirmation, so that's a bad assumption to make, don't you think?

However, I was expecting different themes, ones that I'd vouch are needed for the game more so than restaurants or reskinned furniture/clutter for children at this time. It is not wrong to have expected, or wanted something else.

Actually, from what I was reading here the other day, in spite of the confirmation that they had no news about toddlers, (some) people were still expecting an announcement about toddlers. People are convinced they're going to pop up with that SP too.

What themes would you have liked?

Since we had two stuff packs already, I figured this announcement would be of an expansion, game pack, and patch.

I would have preferred to see an EP that, rather than focus on adding content on top of TS4, instead focuses on improving the core game itself. Maybe something similar but further than generations, in the way that it just doesn't outright pile more content on what we already have, but improve each and every life state somehow. If not, just anything we haven't seen before in the franchise would have been very nice, as I am tired of the feeling I am just paying for what I already have but not as good, over and over. And, just to add, what defines core game, to me, are traits, emotions, moodlets, game mechanics, careers, gameplay progression, AI, etc.

As for the game pack, I feel GT really only focused on young adults (as per usual). We could still greatly use a GP which focuses on group activities, but for all life stages, perhaps in the form of sports and more of the like. Doesn't it make sense to have something like that in TS4, now that we have all of this new multitasking functionality amongst groups of Sims? This has the potential to really show off what multitasking can achieve, and it's strange they really haven't taken advantage of it in both the base game and GT too much.

And, had it been a patch, I would have loved to see a removal of the checklist systems present in the game, in favor of a better system that is more open to everyone. Really, just anything that fixed the lack of freedom I feel in the game, or that addresses complaints many have had about core gameplay.
  • Options
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

I was just thinking this!!
    Awesome! I still miss him though. He was cool even though I didn't know him for long and we only chatted a few times.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    Notice that the tables have only 2 chairs. That's to keep other sims from joining your dating couples however I assume you'll be able to add seats for children. I just hope those arn't the only new tables. I want a variety of restuarents. I want diner type tables as well.

Cgaj5O-UYAIFed8.jpg

I also noticed that the tables only have 2 chairs. That troubles me a bit. I'm guessing kids won't be able to eat at them? Hope I'm wrong about that. But, it looks like they're marketing it as an almost romantic thing. Maybe table proposals will return? Definitely not sure. It looks like it will probably function a lot like the bistro set from TS3. Maybe the table is the item that the wait staff is "tied" to. I wonder if there's an actual oven or podium too? It's hard to tell very much of anything from that short video.

Or, perhaps they just did it for aesthetic reasons since it would be a bit odd if there were two Sims with their backs turned to us blocking the Sims they want us to see.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited April 2016
    Anyone else notice the tweets about the pizza? I haven't read them all but I can't help but wonder if it has anything to do with the GP that is coming out soon. I kind of hope so. It would nice to have a pizzeria or a new oven with new recipes, one of them being pizza!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Anyone else notice the tweets about the pizza? I haven't read them all but I can't help but wonder if it has anything to do with the GP that is coming out soon. I kind of hope so. It would nice to have a pizzeria or a new oven with new recipes, one of them being pizza!!!
    Return of the pizza oven would be cool. There does need to be new types of pizza.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Return of the pizza oven would be cool. There does need to be new types of pizza.

I agree!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member

I did notice that today. I even voted on the tweet XD. The pizza oven was awesome and would be cool if something similar was coming!
    [img][/img]001701c.gif

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Why would a romantic restaurant have more than two chairs?
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I think once the community gets used to these little teasers, they will end up looking forward to them in the future. This was a new method of releasing information that people weren't expecting. I think once people know what to expect, they'll accept it and enjoy speculating about future teasers, as well as the official announcements.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Well that's a short vid/update. Kinda had a feeling the big Tuesday info drop wasn't going to be so big so I don't get overly excited about announcements and this game. I'm gonna say...hmmm. eh? The restaurant looks alright let's hope it's actually good and works.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    DrnSimmer wrote: »
    Some of you guys are real brats. There's all this whining and complaining for info on what's next and now that you've been told what the next two packs are going to be you want more and it's not good enough. You all hype yourselves up too much and then fall flat. A little appreciation would be nice to see and I did see some but the negative seems to be outweighing the positive. I just don't understand. Now you know what's to come in the following months and obviously more info will be released. But some people have their knickers in a knot because a 15 second announcement video isn't good enough. Stop being greedy. You could have been left not knowing anything. Heck you could be left with no content, no game. Then maybe there would be nothing to complain about

Ummm - last I knew we are expected to pay real money for the games - so expecting better quality in a game in 2016 in the same game touted by it's creators to be so superior of anything they have done before, and that can do anything we can imagine because of it's strong foundation - and at 2016 prices - you really think us expecting them to live up to what they said they could do - never mind the fact we PAY real money for these games - makes us brats for being seriously underwhelmed? Do you even know what a brat is? Brats are handed the best of everything and satisfied with nothing. Well if we were actually handed the best of everything - this game should knock our socks off and be way more than Sims 2 - made 10 years ago - could ever be. We are not GIVEN anything - we pay for it. We are customers - who pay our hard earned money for this game and it's packs and you just expect we see something a quarter of the greatness of Sims 2 at 2016 prices and that we should love it and toss out nothing but praise? Really?. In Sims 2 - we bought brand new eps for the price of what we pay for gamepacks now. EPs now are 40 dollars. And you call us brats?

They need to deliver on all the promises from pre-release of Sims 4 - and all they hyped it up to be. The game charges 2016 prices and it needs to deliver what they stated it could and reach beyond what we imagine and well beyond what Sims 2 offered at these prices.

You really have a nerve calling other adults brats when we pay the price for this game to start with.... You want to call names - then at least have courtesy to know what the name means and what a brat truly is.

Looks like you may have taken that the wrong way and I'm sorry if my post was somehow misleading, but it was not aimed towards people expecting or wanting better content for a game they are paying money for. I was speaking of the people who are complaining about not getting information and once they get what they've asked for complain that its not enough. In no way at all was I saying people should pay money and settle for a game they feel is less then what it should or could be. If you don't feel it's worth the money that's fine don't continue to pay money towards it. And I can respect people being unhappy with the direction the game is going when its a series many have loved since the beginning. I can agree that it should only be getting bigger and better, and yes its definitely not as grand as it could be but that's neither here nor there of what I was trying to say with my post.

I just want to add that we were told that they would not be speaking about future content. Well this kind of looks like us being told about future content. So it seems we've been given something they said they would not be doing. I could go on but I think I will stop here and just say I apologize if this in anyway offended you and i assure you it was not a stab at people unhappy with what they have paid for, but it is what it is.

Also yes I have perfect understanding of what a brat is. But thanks for the definition.
    TszwvJw.png
  • Options
    will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Thank you and everyone else for the decision to give us information/glimpses each quarter. I hope this opens up a solid comunnication base between guru's and the forums.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Feyona wrote: »

It looked like kids can interact with monsters and may be turn them into a plush toy? I am just guessing.

Oh, that would be neat!
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    that didn't look like much of a monster to me lol looked more like a cat.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,608 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Yo did anyone hear that sound about the kids stuff towards the end who said hints had to be seen and to me that definately don't sound like a child sim.

Sounded like a child to me... what did you think? Toddler? - if so I do definitely see what you mean. The more I watch and listen, it does sound like the Sims 3 toddler giggle but the children in Sims 4 can have equally high voices. I thought the little childrens sign with the boy and girl looked like toddlers to me than the voice. But I'm not expecting toddlers to be involved in that SP.

No it's a hint not for S.P. probably for EP probably when E.A. over the summer
    Hopefully will get more I hear what your saying about a child being high voice but no high pitch child laughs like that I don't think.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Why would a romantic restaurant have more than two chairs?

Romantic restaurants let non-couple groups eat too.

<-- Just had dinner for four in one on the weekend. It cost umpteen add-on packs! Puts gaming prices in perspective a bit, that does.

Anyway, I'd be astonished if the game limited restaurants to parties of two. Deeply astounded. Jaw-down-in-the-basement level.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    alishamartin97alishamartin97 Posts: 43 Member
    Yo did anyone hear that sound about the kids stuff towards the end who said hints had to be seen and to me that definately don't sound like a child sim.

Sounded like a child to me... what did you think? Toddler? - if so I do definitely see what you mean. The more I watch and listen, it does sound like the Sims 3 toddler giggle but the children in Sims 4 can have equally high voices. I thought the little childrens sign with the boy and girl looked like toddlers to me than the voice. But I'm not expecting toddlers to be involved in that SP.

No it's a hint not for S.P. probably for EP probably when E.A. over the summer
    Hopefully will get more I hear what your saying about a child being high voice but no high pitch child laughs like that I don't think.

Possibly.... I guess we'll just have to wait and see, eh? :)

Fingers crossed!

So interested to see what actually comes in the childrens SP. Some new beds I hope, I'm not much of a lover of the beds.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    LunaNova wrote: »
    Okay so my theory is:

Game pack to be released end of May (possibly earlier) since it said spring 2016

Kids stuff to be released in June.

I think they will announce the new EP at EA play and i'm expecting one more sp, possible two between the new EP's release which i'm hoping will be end of july but I feel like it will be early august?

PLACE YOUR BETS PEOPLE

(Sims twitter released the video, i dont know how to embed the link but you can check it out there)

GP 3 First Week of May

Sp 7 First Week of June.

Summer doesn't start until the end of June.

EA goes by June being a summery month meaning the whole month.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    I hope we ll get the Gamepack Announcement next week.