Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Staircase Railing help?

Soooo, I am just building for fun and uhm, there is this issue I have encountered and since building is a learning experience, I tried looking online for a way to delete only 1 side of the railing on a staircase?... Because I don't like this railing overlapping with the fence? So is there a way to avoid this?
AzNx9Dt.png
Z6gfpiv.png?1

Comments

• Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I don't believe there's a way to only delete one side of rail this time, its super annoying.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    It's so cringe worthy :neutral:
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    Delete both railings and then just draw one back on the side that wont underlap the wall
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Delete both railings and then just draw one back on the side that wont underlap the wall

It's both or nothing in TS4, unfortunately they didn't choose to include the option to only have a railing on one side this time around. I'm not sure why.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Sometimes when I make stairs down into pit areas and want a railing on the inside, it automatically puts a railing all the way around the stairs. So there is no way to actually use them. I have not found a solution other than just not having a railing at all. :(
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    Too bad u cant make a fence along the stairs to only have one
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    There are so many graphical anomalies in this game, don't get me started. I know OP, it's a super pain. I have a whole laundry list of these sort of building problems that keep me from building things I want to build because of stuff like this right here. I don't like to conform just so I don't have to see something. I don't give high fives to builders who put this stuff on the gallery though their buildings are beautiful and impressive. If I see this sort of stuff or roof overlapping inside I will not favor it etc. I'm a stickler for perfection in games when building something (I don't mean the player building it, but the graphic rules of how it should look and not have these sort of anomalies.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Shades302 wrote: »
    Soooo, I am just building for fun and uhm, there is this issue I have encountered and since building is a learning experience, I tried looking online for a way to delete only 1 side of the railing on a staircase?... Because I don't like this railing overlapping with the fence? So is there a way to avoid this?
    AzNx9Dt.png

Yep, that is really annoying...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    There is no remedy for that. I wish the devs would bring this feature back.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yeah, it works my nerves too. I've just sort of gone ahead and sucked it up so far, though. It still sucks that you have to choose between either no railing at all (which looks awkward and unsafe in 80% of situations) or that weird overlap (which looks awkward 100% of the time). It's basically a no-win situation, visually speaking...-_-; I do hope that they give us the option to only put a railing on one side or, at the very least, have the top of the railing just cut off in any situation where it would overlap that way. Makes you just want to take a hacksaw to it, doesn't it? *eye-twitch*
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    What about if you make the railing a half wall and then put windows in the half wall to mimic a glass panel railing.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
    I hate this. It drives me crazy. But as everyone has said, there is no fix.
    i have learned to ignore it.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    What about if you make the railing a half wall and then put windows in the half wall to mimic a glass panel railing.

Okay never-mind I just tried it and the railing still shows through the glass UGH. It's something that has been bothering me too.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I don't even put railings on stairs anymore. Between this and the colors never quite matching I just gave up
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    I just replace the top row to a half wall...doesn't make my OCD mad as much.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    katrinakrakishkatrinakrakish Posts: 355 Member
    I would like this issue fixed too. : 3 It gets really annoying after a while. xD
    Origin account: Vegeta_tales
  • Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    I hope they sort this it drives me mad too
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Here's a pic of trying to use a railing for stairs leading down into a pit like this. I completely hate it, and there is no option to fix it. It's this or nothing. I also threw some counters in to show another pet peeve. The backsplash continues around the corner that is not against the wall. The half walls hide this a little, but if you don't want the wall, you are just out of luck. How could they have let problems like this not only get through, but not fix it coming up on two years later?!

04-12-16_7-30-58nbspPM_zps9fp85zwk.png
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    EdnaNooseEdnaNoose Posts: 6 New Member
    I HATE this! It bugs the crap outta me. The problem with second (or upper) floor floors that just appear when you remove a wall that can't be deleted are annoying too. Seems like it would be such an easy fix but then what could they give us as an anniversary or Christmas presen tthen?!
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    edited April 2021
    Cunningham wrote: »
    I just replace the top row to a half wall...doesn't make my OCD mad as much.
    As an OCD sufferer myself, I feel this. And also, if the stairs are floating (no walls under them), and are perpendicular to the porch, it carves a little divot in the foundation behind the stairs. So annoying.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I just use the half walls instead of railing. It looks nicer to me. I hate that we can't decide the banisters.