Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets confirmed as a "not right now"

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,871 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Not surprising pets are not being worked on right now. They are usually around the 5th EP or so and we haven't even gotten an announcement on EP 3 yet. Plus, they still have babies tied into objects and can't seem to confirm if toddlers are coming or not, I can't even imagine what we'd get pets wise if they can't give us those things....pets tied to the bed, no longer able to be taken outside or roam around...just like objects same as babies. Nah, much as I want them, I'd rather they get started on working on them soon and take the time to get them right.

Yes but Gurus have stated that pets will not be tied to a pen. So I'm at least hopeful for that.

"Things change."Honestly there have been so many alterations to what they have indicated previously that I don't have any faith that anything mentioned prior to release will actually be in the game or work as initially implied.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Not surprising pets are not being worked on right now. They are usually around the 5th EP or so and we haven't even gotten an announcement on EP 3 yet. Plus, they still have babies tied into objects and can't seem to confirm if toddlers are coming or not, I can't even imagine what we'd get pets wise if they can't give us those things....pets tied to the bed, no longer able to be taken outside or roam around...just like objects same as babies. Nah, much as I want them, I'd rather they get started on working on them soon and take the time to get them right.

Yes but Gurus have stated that pets will not be tied to a pen. So I'm at least hopeful for that.

"Things change."Honestly there have been so many alterations to what they have indicated previously that I don't have any faith that anything mentioned prior to release will actually be in the game or work as initially implied.

Well I certainly wouldn't blame you for being jaded.
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited March 2016
    [removed]
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2016
    Well they said we'd have all life stages and cars in the game too when it came out as late as the E3 of June of 2014 - and that changed the month after they said it by the latter part of July. Look at it this way, they said pets wouldn't be tied to an object, so either there will be no baby pets in the game because we all know the babies have to be carried up and down stairs - or they are solving the issues to sims not pocketing them or maybe like toddlers not coming at all. They did not say pets were coming - if you think about it - all they said was Pets was a popular ep and would not be tied to an object like babies. No where does that say they are even making them. So naturally they wouldn't be tied to anything if they aren't in the game. At least they at one time said all life stages and cars would be in the game - and they have not said that precisely for pets. They tease simmers with it, just like toddlers and cars to keep you coming back and hopefully getting interested in what they do announce.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited March 2016
    So as I tuned in for a few minutes to watch a Sims 4 livestream on TeamCoco's YouTube channel, the representative from Conan's show asked the Guru with him if pets were coming to the Sims 4. His response was something along the lines of "it's definitely a popular EP for sure, but it's not being worked on right now."

So you can eliminate Pets as a possibility for at least the next couple of EPs.
    I think the way you have worded this is a a bit off. He did not say it is "not being worked on right now," He said it's not in right now I think. It's difficult to tell because the host interrupts him but he didn't say that.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited March 2016
    Oh, guys I wish I knew when that live cast was because someone clearly mentioned an expansion, in the game, but did not mention it as either a Expansion pack or Game pack, the chances are it could be easier a game pack or a expansion pack. If its a expansion pack its not likely to come out until July, If its a game pack who knows we could get it as early as May. He only really mentioned hair styles and stuff and CAS and the fact they got the idea from the idea corner.

Edit: Also since this is a running joke that they release stuff when I go on vacation and have to find internet fast enough to install it. Here is the month I will be gone.
    May most likely.
    So I would have to say Game Pack.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    So as I tuned in for a few minutes to watch a Sims 4 livestream on TeamCoco's YouTube channel, the representative from Conan's show asked the Guru with him if pets were coming to the Sims 4. His response was something along the lines of "it's definitely a popular EP for sure, but it's not being worked on right now."

So you can eliminate Pets as a possibility for at least the next couple of EPs.
    I think the way you have worded this is a a bit off. He did not say it is "not being worked on right now," He said it's not in right now I think. It's difficult to tell because the host interrupts him but he didn't say that.

It is a bit hard to tell what he said near the end there, but to me it was along the lines of it's not happening right now.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Oh, guys I wish I knew when that live cast was because someone clearly mentioned an expansion, in the game, but did not mention it as either a Expansion pack or Game pack, the chances are it could be easier a game pack or a expansion pack. If its a expansion pack its not likely to come out until July, If its a game pack who knows we could get it as early as May. He only really mentioned hair styles and stuff and CAS and the fact they got the idea from the idea corner.

Full stream is on youtube! If you have some time watch it :smile:
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    PLEASE BE TODDLERS
    tumblr_mfv9tpQvpj1qejlczo1_500.gif
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,268 Member
    It really dosen't surprise me pets,are like toddlers in a way. Peets its hard expansion in the game to work on. They have to add different kinda sims,objects,and interactions.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I didn't expect Pets to be released soon anyway but knowing the developement hasn't started is worrying since it takes years to create. I'd have expected them to have started prep by now. Nothing surprises me anymore though. I expect the worst in every case with this game now.

• Options
    Another, thing they also said, in another thread is someone asked about the Ikea leave lamps in their picture of the office that simgurosteve took, in the no toddlers thread and than a map of the third floor and someone mentioned the fact that they just moved and everyone got a map so they wouldn't be late for the Ikea planning meeting. I don't know if it was meant as a joke or not.

However, I am beginning to think its a game pack coming as the team that does the game pack could have already been in progress since the expansion pack team just finished.

Also my time table for vacation is end of April/Beginning of May/ Game pack release some time around there.

Next change to leave around October Expansion pack around that time.

See I have it all planned out for when I am going to be gone.

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I can barely understand what he is actually saying, since with the last part of the sentence the host or whatever is yelling right through it. (he did it the whole stream). He can also say something like: but right now it's not in or whatever."

I think it's a biased stream again, and the people streaming (aside from Grant) don't seem to have any experience with this game, so they like it and think it's so amazing and awesome. Gosh, even if they knew what this game is missing...
    Also the whole mambo yambo about emotions again, emotions aren't as ''deep'' as they want to make people believe. I don't give a plum about ''angry poo'' or whatever. And traits? Traits do nothing in this game.

It was difficult to hear; I watched the whole thing yesterday and never did I get the impression that "Pets wasn't being worked on." You're also right about one of the hosts. The guy said he'd never played a sims game before. He was excited and almost in awe of everything. The woman, however, is a fellow sim addict and she was mostly quiet throughout, lol.
    I can barely understand what he is actually saying, since with the last part of the sentence the host or whatever is yelling right through it. (he did it the whole stream). He can also say something like: but right now it's not in or whatever.

I think it's a biased stream again, and the people streaming (aside from Grant) don't seem to have any experience with this game, so they like it and think it's so amazing and awesome. Gosh, even if they knew what this game is missing...

Also the whole mambo yambo about emotions again, emotions aren't as ''deep'' as they want to make people believe. I don't give a plum about ''angry poo'' or whatever. And traits? Traits do nothing in this game.

Yeah I wish I could hear what the Guru said there. Well that's just it. I do wish actions had more real world consequences than changing the emotional state of a sim.

I believe since we cannot fully hear what Grant says, it is not wise to assume by filling in blanks. He did not say Pets wasn't being worked on right now, so this should not be posted as confirmed info.
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I can barely understand what he is actually saying, since with the last part of the sentence the host or whatever is yelling right through it. (he did it the whole stream). He can also say something like: but right now it's not in or whatever."

It was difficult to hear; I watched the whole thing yesterday and never did I get the impression that "Pets wasn't being worked on." You're also right about one of the hosts. The guy said he'd never played a sims game before. He was excited and almost in awe of everything. The woman, however, is a fellow sim addict and she was mostly quiet throughout, lol.
    I can barely understand what he is actually saying, since with the last part of the sentence the host or whatever is yelling right through it. (he did it the whole stream). He can also say something like: but right now it's not in or whatever.

Yeah I wish I could hear what the Guru said there. Well that's just it. I do wish actions had more real world consequences than changing the emotional state of a sim.

I believe since we cannot fully hear what Grant says, it is not wise to assume by filling in blanks. He did not say Pets wasn't being worked on right now, so this should not be posted as confirmed info.

Very true. And they have to stay quiet about future projects so obviously they could have started it and he just simply said no.
    But I am worried if they haven't. That means 2018 at the minimum.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Very true. And they have to stay quiet about future projects so obviously they could have started it and he just simply said no.

let's see...IF Pets is EP 5(and we don't know it will be):

EP 1, March 31st 2015 (almost seven months after the base game was released)
    EP 2, December 8 2015, I will be generous and say that's 8 months later instead of 9.....closer to 8 than 9.

let's go from there even though they've said not to expect patterns, and to understand that this is all just my conjecture.

EP 3: Shall we say July 2016? Could be August. Could be June but I'm guessing July.
    EP 4: Let's go another seven months out and that's February 2017
    EP 5: Close to 2018 as you indicated, yeah that's quite possible it could fall into it, more likely fall 2017 --maybe August maybe October but likely September. Though of course they may want to maximize holiday profits.

Still that's five EPS 3 years after release just about. Three years after Sims 3 release we were a few months past EP 6, just to give a reference. I"m realizing as I'm figuring all this out, that's really NOT that far behind what we had in Sims 3.

It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member
    ok i listen to it with headphones the volume all the way up and all he said was it not in yet but did any body catch him talking about a expansion pack that suppose to come out around 42:30
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I heard them, I got good ears, when they are not plugged I was able to filter out what he said, which he just called a expansion, but not a pack, but based on how he said it looks like it was in the planning stages since he said he found some great ideas on the idea corner thing, and than wen to talk about a hair style somewhat like one of the producers hair, but that's all nothing confirmed except they are hashing ideas, the other thing he said, is if you want something that the stuff is on a priority list and to start a petition.

Edit: oops someone asked something about laundry, and they said they have other stuff on the priority list so start a petition and it will be put at the bottom of the list.

I just wish I knew what their priorty list looks like, it would make me laugh if toddlers were already done, and they are just waiting for the right moment to release it.

• Options
    Simmer_Ray wrote: »
    ok i listen to it with headphones the volume all the way up and all he said was it not in yet but did any body catch him talking about a expansion pack that suppose to come out around 42:30
    Wow this is the more important thing to come out of this livestream! We may be getting an expansion announcement soon hopefully!
  • Options
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    I heard them, I got good ears, when they are not plugged I was able to filter out what he said, which he just called a expansion, but not a pack, but based on how he said it looks like it was in the planning stages since he said he found some great ideas on the idea corner thing, and than wen to talk about a hair style somewhat like one of the producers hair, but that's all nothing confirmed except they are hashing ideas, the other thing he said, is if you want something that the stuff is on a priority list and to start a petition.

Edit: oops someone asked something about laundry, and they said they have other stuff on the priority list so start a petition and it will be put at the bottom of the list.

I just wish I knew what their priorty list looks like, it would make me laugh if toddlers were already done, and they are just waiting for the right moment to release it.

This is all I got from that conversation.
  • Options
    kcking2371kcking2371 Posts: 39 Member
    Pets is usually towards the end of the EP's, as much as I'd like to have them back other things are more important atm. I'd like Seasons more than anything next. We already have some holiday stuff, so why not bring the seasons to go with it.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

EP 2, December 8 2015, I will be generous and say that's 8 months later instead of 9.....closer to 8 than 9.

let's go from there even though they've said not to expect patterns, and to understand that this is all just my conjecture.

EP 3: Shall we say July 2016? Could be August. Could be June but I'm guessing July.
    EP 5: Close to 2018 as you indicated, yeah that's quite possible it could fall into it, more likely fall 2017 --maybe August maybe October but likely September. Though of course they may want to maximize holiday profits.

Still that's five EPS 3 years after release just about. Three years after Sims 3 release we were a few months past EP 6, just to give a reference. I"m realizing as I'm figuring all this out, that's really NOT that far behind what we had in Sims 3.

First I doubt there will be only 1 EP this year. And two, I doubt Pets is going to be EP 5. 6 or 7 maybe. But not 5.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options

First I doubt there will be only 1 EP this year. And two, I doubt Pets is going to be EP 5. 6 or 7 maybe. But not 5.

Okay, you are certainly welcome to hold to those theories. I don't think I could state any clearer that what I posted is just my own conjecturing, speculation and theory as well. We won't know what will be until it actually happens. :)
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    YAY! Honestly The Sims 4 have other issues right now then worrying about who peed on the carpet! Sims should continue to be a focus to add more family play features not to mention teens literally have nothing to call their own. Nothing to distinguish them between teenhood and adulthood. So I recommend that to be a focus before we worry about what to feed the dog. Pedigree or Summer Holiday's pork chops!
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    So they can confirm on pets but not toddlers? I'm sorry but this is just beyond aggravating.

How?

They said they aren't working on Pets right now.
    They said they aren't looking into Toddlers right now.

They've already answered the question, people just want to hear it over and over again like a broken record.
    @KatyJay88 wrote: »
    Everything is confirmed as a not right now, they have not released any info on the third EP and won't for awhile. Even if pets were in the works that info would not be confirmed until such a pack is announced.

I know his wording is very thought out. But the fact that they're not working on them (according to him) tells me it's probably not going to be the either of the next two EPs considering how long they take.
    So they can confirm on pets but not toddlers? I'm sorry but this is just beyond aggravating.

Yeah it is frustrating. I wish they could just say if they're being worked on or they're not. Either way. It would end the speculation.

Because they haven't made a final decision on Toddlers. That's why. They can't confirm or deny something that hasn't been confirm or denied.
  • Options
    Not working on pets right now. NOt looking into toddlers right now. What ARE they doing over there? More young adult party activities?