Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tragic clown will be back soon

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2016
    I wonder if they'll add more to them besides making the depressed Sim sad. Any ideas on what else they could do?

Well i have an idea
    We have two face paints
    Happy clown face paint + blue and yellow cloth = happy clown
    Sad clown face paint + white cloth= tragic clown

The happy clown make your sim happy
    Where as the tragic clown keeps your sim sad

And maybe the clown that come depends in the sim trait

What? No.

I want the clown just like it used to be, sad...and funny af! :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I_wWdposQc
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Don't they always scratch the projects and say," to dam with the fans." It doesn't make sense, ugh. don't even care.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Well they did include a picture of a tragic clown among the sweet 16 anniversary celebration stuff that we got this month. So maybe they really are planing on bring back the tragic clown.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Oh please, I hope not. I hated that clown in the game. do not want him back.
  • Options
    EvaliynEvaliyn Posts: 129 Member
    I would love to see Tragic Clown to return *_*
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I hope this means carnivals and amusement parks are coming.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I would like to see the imaginary friend come back, I loved the imaginary friend, I has a lot of sims marry the IF, it was a lot of fun. Please instead of the clown, let the IF come back.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    The Tragic Clown is same as in The Sims Livin' Large. If he comes back, how annoying (And funny) will he be?
  • Options
    I hope this means carnivals and amusement parks are coming.

-.-
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    I would like to see the imaginary friend come back, I loved the imaginary friend, I has a lot of sims marry the IF, it was a lot of fun. Please instead of the clown, let the IF come back.

If you don't like it just avoid it. I don't care for the imaginary friend, but i know others would so i wouldn't care if its back or not
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    We may not get the tragic clown but just his clothing and makeup.
  • Options
    JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    I want my game to be realistic as possible, so there better be a way not to have him or kill him or something. I just dont really care for him, But here is Maxis agian, Skipping over important stuff agian. Unless they are working on toddlers right now. We still dont have toddlers. :disappointed:
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    JaysWrxld wrote: »
    I want my game to be realistic as possible, so there better be a way not to have him or kill him or something. I just dont really care for him, But here is Maxis agian, Skipping over important stuff agian. Unless they are working on toddlers right now. We still dont have toddlers. :disappointed:

He only appears if you buy the painting and have sad sims on the lot in TS1. Just don't buy the painting.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    So i just read this on the wiki
    In The Sims: Livin' Large, the Tragic Clown visits depressed Sims who own the Tragic Clown painting in order to cheer them up. However, the Tragic Clown doesn't help because he is also feeling miserable. Any tricks he attempts to do will fail, meaning he will make already depressed Sims even more depressed

Could the npc already implented but we need to own the panting and then have a sad, depresed or tense emotion idk one of these

No it would have been discovered by now. Especially since the painting makes you sad.

Regardless this is exciting. But I'm thinking maybe the clothes were only implemented so they could make a model for the painting?

Yeah, I was gonna say this. Cuz I read somewhere that the gurus who work on the paintings actually model the scene instead of doing it on a 2D based thing like on Photoshop, for example which is pretty cool actually, cuz I didn't know. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @DeKay wrote: »
    In The Sims: Livin' Large, the Tragic Clown visits depressed Sims who own the Tragic Clown painting in order to cheer them up. However, the Tragic Clown doesn't help because he is also feeling miserable. Any tricks he attempts to do will fail, meaning he will make already depressed Sims even more depressed

Could the npc already implented but we need to own the panting and then have a sad, depresed or tense emotion idk one of these

No it would have been discovered by now. Especially since the painting makes you sad.

Regardless this is exciting. But I'm thinking maybe the clothes were only implemented so they could make a model for the painting?

Yeah, I was gonna say this. Cuz I read somewhere that the gurus who work on the paintings actually model the scene instead of doing it on a 2D based thing like on Photoshop, for example which is pretty cool actually, cuz I didn't know. XD

That's regarding renders, not in game paintings :)
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Is it? I thought it was an in-game painting. I wish I could find the link to that but I'm too lazy to dig up old articles. XD But I think it was on the SimsVIP site.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Is it? I thought it was an in-game painting. I wish I could find the link to that but I'm too lazy to dig up old articles. XD But I think it was on the SimsVIP site.
    There is a tragic clown painting in the game. It came in the last Game Patch as part of the 16th anniversary celebration stuff.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    sunman502 wrote: »

There is a tragic clown painting in the game. It came in the last Game Patch as part of the 16th anniversary celebration stuff.

I was asking jackjack_k regarding the article. There was an article that showed sorta like behind the scenes of how paintings in the game were made, but jackjack_k said it's for renders, not in-game paintings. I might be wrong since I just skimmed through the article; I knew it was for paintings, just not too sure if it's for painting in renders or in-game paintings.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »

I was asking jackjack_k regarding the article. There was an article that showed sorta like behind the scenes of how paintings in the game were made, but jackjack_k said it's for renders, not in-game paintings. I might be wrong since I just skimmed through the article; I knew it was for paintings, just not too sure if it's for painting in renders or in-game paintings.

Could be both. I've never read the article, but might be that it featured this. SimGuruMeatball ( :( ) posted it on twitter a while ago.

Yeah, the article had those pictures in it, I believe. :)
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    The clown is missing one thing though, the red nose!!! :S I hope that the clown NPC launches with it if he comes.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited February 2016
    @Sigzy05

Someone unlocked that already.

Just went into CAS with that mod.

CcXUv8pWoAAw1Qo.jpg:large
  • Options
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    @Sigzy05

Someone unlocked that already.

Just went into CAS with that mod.

CcXUv8pWoAAw1Qo.jpg:large

Cool!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    i hope its just a false rumor and that they will not bring back that useless npc since its clearly a npc i do not went to see back

Just because you dislike it, doesn't make it useless and it especially doesn't mean that they shouldn't add it. That's all a matter of opinion and personal interest, and this clown is actually a pretty big deal to a lot of people.
    I personally don't want it either, but I can simply just avoid it if it does end up being added. So if they do add it, just try to avoid it.