Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tragic clown will be back soon

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited February 2016
    DeKay wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @DeKay wrote: »
    So i just read this on the wiki
    In The Sims: Livin' Large, the Tragic Clown visits depressed Sims who own the Tragic Clown painting in order to cheer them up. However, the Tragic Clown doesn't help because he is also feeling miserable. Any tricks he attempts to do will fail, meaning he will make already depressed Sims even more depressed

Could the npc already implented but we need to own the panting and then have a sad, depresed or tense emotion idk one of these

No it would have been discovered by now. Especially since the painting makes you sad.

Regardless this is exciting. But I'm thinking maybe the clothes were only implemented so they could make a model for the painting?

Yeah, I was gonna say this. Cuz I read somewhere that the gurus who work on the paintings actually model the scene instead of doing it on a 2D based thing like on Photoshop, for example which is pretty cool actually, cuz I didn't know. XD

That's regarding renders, not in game paintings :)

Is it? I thought it was an in-game painting. I wish I could find the link to that but I'm too lazy to dig up old articles. XD But I think it was on the SimsVIP site.
    There is a tragic clown painting in the game. It came in the last Game Patch as part of the 16th anniversary celebration stuff.

I was asking jackjack_k regarding the article. There was an article that showed sorta like behind the scenes of how paintings in the game were made, but jackjack_k said it's for renders, not in-game paintings. I might be wrong since I just skimmed through the article; I knew it was for paintings, just not too sure if it's for painting in renders or in-game paintings.
    Well either one of you could be right DeKay. Because you can use that same painting in a render just as well. The funny thing about renders is , you can twist them, turn them, do anything that you want with them. Just like with Photo chopping. ;)

• Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I hope he really does come back as an npc. He's the only clown I actually like.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited February 2016
    Honestly whatever it means I'm not getting any hopes up until something is officially said. It's great we may get the outfit/NPC but until its cleared.....
    JaysWrxld wrote: »
    I want my game to be realistic as possible, so there better be a way not to have him or kill him or something. I just dont really care for him, But here is Maxis agian, Skipping over important stuff agian. Unless they are working on toddlers right now. We still dont have toddlers. :disappointed:

I don't think The Sims is for you then.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    i hope its just a false rumor and that they will not bring back that useless npc since its clearly a npc i do not went to see back

Just because you dislike it, doesn't make it useless and it especially doesn't mean that they shouldn't add it. That's all a matter of opinion and personal interest, and this clown is actually a pretty big deal to a lot of people.
    I personally don't want it either, but I can simply just avoid it if it does end up being added. So if they do add it, just try to avoid it.

@DevilNDisguise How do you avoid him, You could not avoid him before, when he came he stayed. I do not want him in my game. Hope they have a button to click him off. He ruined my game all the time. Give me the Imaginary Friend, I had so much fun with them, I had a lot of sims marry their IF, they turned out rather cute and pretty as real sims.

• Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    i hope its just a false rumor and that they will not bring back that useless npc since its clearly a npc i do not went to see back

Just because you dislike it, doesn't make it useless and it especially doesn't mean that they shouldn't add it. That's all a matter of opinion and personal interest, and this clown is actually a pretty big deal to a lot of people.
    I personally don't want it either, but I can simply just avoid it if it does end up being added. So if they do add it, just try to avoid it.

DevilNDisguise How do you avoid him, You could not avoid him before, when he came he stayed. I do not want him in my game. Hope they have a button to click him off. He ruined my game all the time. Give me the Imaginary Friend, I had so much fun with them, I had a lot of sims marry their IF, they turned out rather cute and pretty as real sims.

I would imagine not having the painting would be a way of avoiding him.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @DreamsinPixel oh yea I remember that you had to have the painting, well if it is that way, you can believe I will not have any clown paintings, I know there is one in there now and I do avoid that remembering about the clown. Thanks for the reminder. There will be no clown paintings in my game. I sure hope it is like that, then I can have no clown coming around.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Originally the Tragic clown would show up a party that was going pretty good to make all the party goers unhappy so your sim had a bad party. Your Sims had to run around ragged talking to every one and cheering them back up before the clown ruined everything - so that Drew Cary would show up to prove you had a successful party. But that is all he was about. Both he and the Mime were big troublemakers for your houseparties to make your having a successful party a lot harder to do. He had nothing to do with carnivales or even stage acts - his sole purpose seemed to be to make all your guests sad. You could have a device that looked like a smoke alarm called the clown catcher that would send over some clown police to capture and take the clown away. Also if you had the tragic clown portrait - it was a good idea to burn it and the Tragic clown would never bother your household again.

He makes a re-appearance in Sims 3 as a ghost that would cause sims to walk around with a clown face for a few days either by seeing him or using the Llama teleporters as long as the tragic clown ghost was active.

Pretty sure Gabby The Mime showed up at parties. The tragic clown would show up if you had his picture in your house and a Sim had low motives.
    The Tragic Clown's intentions were not to make everyone unhappy, he was just so sad, he made everyone else feel sad, which is why he's a tragic clown :)

The tragic clown came with Livin Large, not house party. The mime came with House Party, and was what stopped you from having a successful party :)
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Ugh. Get the torch ready to burn the tragic clown painting and pray to God it doesn't burn your house down.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    Maybe a future career?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    @Sigzy05

Someone unlocked that already.

Just went into CAS with that mod.

CcXUv8pWoAAw1Qo.jpg:large

Yes true but I want EA to unlock it in game with a patch so I don't need a mod to do so.

Hope we get it in this month's patch.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I guess thats okay. I only played the tragic clown once when my sim was turned to one. Mm its not something i played with much but i dont care if they added back to the game. Hopefully doesn't go around making everyone depressed on the streets lol
    giphy.gif