Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Goth Family Or Landgraab Family?

uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
The Goths and the Landgraabs are both rich families. One lives in Willow Creek, and the other one lives in Oasis Springs. The Landgraabs' mansion is bigger than the Goths' mansion. They both have schools named after them: Goth Academy and Landgraab Elementary School. The Landgraabs own a power company -- Landgraab Power Company, so they collect money from paid bills. (Anytime I pay the power bill, my simoleons are going to the Landgraabs.) Just curious.

Which family do you prefer, or do you like them equally?

Have you played any of these two families?

Do they seem like rival families to you?

Post edited by uzumo on

Comments

• Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Langraab, marry into their family take the money and then switch yourself over to the Goths. :blush:
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    The Goths, because Morty is awesome, and so is Bella. The Landgraabs are plain evil, especially that Nancy woman - I may actually hate her even more than I hate Eliza Pancakes.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Goth family all the way!

I love their backstory and there is so much potential for all kinds of storylines.
  • Options
    Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    Goth. Because they are goths.
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Goths. I can't stand Nancy, and I don't like evil Malcolm :v
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Its weird I've played along side both, and my sims always get along with the landgraabs,' but never the Goths'.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    Goth Family ! Loved them from TS1 and still love them to this day .. I always play with them. Landgraabs.. meh I used because I played TS Bustin Out and he was the main villain.. and Dudley and Mimi were annoying lol
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    The Goths definitely! :)
  • Options
    LillyPutian0LillyPutian0 Posts: 103 Member
    I played the Goths. They were interesting, but they don't remind me of The Goths that I've known throughout the series. I liked their house and, for me, the challenge was to see if I could have them earn enough money before the power was shut off. :smiley:
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    The Goths. My sims always used to marry Gunther in TS3. I don't like playing either of these families in TS4 but I really like having them in my game.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Goth's closely. Love Mortimer, Bella, Cassandra and Alexander so much :)

I do love Nancy Landgraab, but I do not have much attachment to Geoffrey or Malcolm.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    The Goths obviously. Though I have connected both families through the Crumplebottoms and Worthingtons (made up of the various Worthingtons throughout the franchise).
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I stopped playing past premade family's in the sims 2.

The goth are good but I I hate how the house looks nothing like the original that puts me of playing them.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    TS2 Landgraabs FTW... even though Malcolm looks like a monkey :love:
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Goths, although through the prior games I've always been friendly to the Landgraabs. It's just in 4 where they just never turned up for me and died quietly while I played. I did associate with Johnny Zest often, but that was as close as I was to the Landgraabs.
    We honestly never crossed paths in 4 :joy:
    I guess I'm also more or less biased since I absolutely adore Alexander Goth. He's such a cute kid :'( His big ears are cute too :'(
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I prefer the Goths but I like to play the families as rivals. I moved the landgraabs into willow creek, and downloaded a huge house for them from the gallery. I cheated to put Nancy to the top of the business career and Goeffory to the top of the doctor career, and gave them another daughter, who has blue hair and leads a gloomy/emo teen club, with Cassandra Goth in it. Malcom leads a snobby preppy club that rivals his sisters club.

On the Goths side of the things, I put Bella in the science career path. And Morty has already died in my game, and occupies the graveyard across the street from the Goth household. Cassandra like I said is an emo teen with a pretty cool makeover. Bella mostly mourns Morty and also hates Nancy Landgraab, and Alexander is still a kid.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Cement wrote: »
    Goths, although through the prior games I've always been friendly to the Landgraabs. It's just in 4 where they just never turned up for me and died quietly while I played. I did associate with Johnny Zest often, but that was as close as I was to the Landgraabs.
    I guess I'm also more or less biased since I absolutely adore Alexander Goth. He's such a cute kid :'( His big ears are cute too :'(
    I have only been friendly to the Landgraabs once in Sims 3, and that was because my main sim family was living next door to them on the hill in Sunset Valley. B)

• Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I like playing the Goths. Bella and Don Lothario have terrific chemistry.

I also really love torturing that annoying, snobby Landgraab teen! I often have other teens play and have romances, etc. But I force him to go to work and never have any fun. heehee (evil laugh)
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    The only places that I don't see Nancy, Geoffrey, or Malcolm Landgraab is the island or the countryside in Windenburg, or the hidden lots. I can't go to any other place in the game, not run into any of the Landgraabs. You especially want to keep an eye on the son Malcolm Landgraab. He's an evil kid, and will not hesitate to be mean to your sim. Even if your sim didn't do anything to him. And if your sim has the good trait. Make sure that you stir your sim well away from Malcolm Landgraab, unless you really don't that your good sim be sad for a few hours in the game.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    Landgraabs usually have the better house, but the Goths have better style and have Bella...
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    The only places that I don't see Nancy, Geoffrey, or Malcolm Landgraab is the island or the countryside in Windenburg, or the hidden lots. I can't go to any other place in the game, not run into any of the Landgraabs. You especially want to keep an eye on the son Malcolm Landgraab. He's an evil kid, and will not hesitate to be mean to your sim. Even if your sim didn't do anything to him. And if your sim has the good trait. Make sure that you stir your sim well away from Malcolm Landgraab, unless you really don't that your good sim be sad for a few hours in the game.
    I've been playing my legacy family since the start of Sims 4... So they've been pretty dead before Windenburg even came LOL. It was just really weird. I always visited the museum and library often when I started though. Very rarely I'd hit up the night club and bars if anything, since I started with a single father. Gotta be home for the kiddos :)
    Occasionally I'd also visit lounges where the second son would hang out with his elder friends... xD

Still didn't get to really meet them anywhere. Like I'd see Nancy jogging occasionally, but that's it really. Never really talked to her since I do prefer the company of Geoffrey himself I guess from 3. He was a cool boss (I always do medical careers first, then fall to Criminal whenever I can't, so I guess we were pretty close anywho LOL.) Pretty weird in my case, I think. xD I always saw Malcolm around, but it was the same with Nancy. Never really talked to him. I was more busy making my kids play piano and stuff LOL.
  • Options
    I've been playing my legacy family since the start of Sims 4... So they've been pretty dead before Windenburg even came LOL. It was just really weird. I always visited the museum and library often when I started though. Very rarely I'd hit up the night club and bars if anything, since I started with a single father. Gotta be home for the kiddos :)
    Occasionally I'd also visit lounges where the second son would hang out with his elder friends... xD

Still didn't get to really meet them anywhere. Like I'd see Nancy jogging occasionally, but that's it really. Never really talked to her since I do prefer the company of Geoffrey himself I guess from 3. He was a cool boss (I always do medical careers first, then fall to Criminal whenever I can't, so I guess we were pretty close anywho LOL.) Pretty weird in my case, I think. xD I always saw Malcolm around, but it was the same with Nancy. Never really talked to him. I was more busy making my kids play piano and stuff LOL.
    For me it's just the opposite. I really can't send a sim anywhere without running into any of them. Especially at a crazy party, I'm almost always seeing either Nancy or Geoffrey or both of them at one of those parties. Normally I see Nancy out jogging between the hours of 5 AM - 9 AM. Then I'll see Nancy out walking around about 5 PM. And I'll either see Geoffrey or Malcolm or both of them out walking around about that time too in the game. Yeah I know that it's a bit strange to note the times of the day when the Landgraabs are out and about town in the game. But I can't help it.

• Options
    I always see Bella, Don and a Sim that I created. Those 3 are everywhere.
  • Options
    imhappy wrote: »
    I see Bella almost all the time. But I normally run into her, Zoe, Dina, Nina, and Katrina at a gym. And sometimes I see Don out jogging either in the morning or in the afternoon.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    imhappy wrote: »
    I see Bella almost all the time. But I normally run into her, Zoe, Dina, Nina, and Katrina at a gym. And sometimes I see Don out jogging either in the morning or in the afternoon.

In my game, the Callientes also love the gym and working out. I changed their aspirations to bodybuilders and put them in the athletic career. Zoe had an unfortunate incident with a local cow plant... oops.