Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nikki Rapp (The voice of toddlers in TS2 & 3) Is now working on TS4 *Speculation*

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    If it were supernaturals,, cute could refer to fairies and some witches (maybe good witches can come back?)

Yeah I'm pretty much over tired of the "cuteness" of this game. Everything is cute, insanely happy, shiny, bright and all the rest. If it resorts to cute supernaturals that'll be it for me.

Picture how happy family players would be with ...oh say toddlers tied to playpens. That would be me with "cute" supernaturals.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    blewis823 wrote: »
    I didn't read the whole thread but I think from the first page, this voice actor posted they did something for EA, right? Well if they are not suppose to talk about it, why post about doing something? That boggles my mind.
    They can say that they worked on something for Sims 4, but they can not comment on what they did exactly in Sims 4. This is why she had denied that she working on toddlers in Sims 4. That doesn't that she didn't work on toddlers. It's just her avoiding giving away what she was working in Sims 4 because she's not allowed to comment on the specifics of what she did in Sims 4. Some people when they get wind of this just automatically think that it's a confirmation. When in fact it's not, until they officially deny it.

I want to thank you for your explanation.

I still don't see why she posted at all. Could have kept this information to herself. *shrugs*
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I don't think she's working on toddlers.... *shrugs*

Maybe she is doing witches? I mean, she could do a good 'witches voice at least without me sounding disrespectful.

Anyway, I think the hype train has started to slow down. Time to alight and pretend this whole thing never happened...

I think she's working on something great. I just don't think its toddlers. EA is so secretive about them that the fact they haven't stopped/deleted her posts of her saying no about toddlers....just makes me not get hyped.

Maybe she is doing Witches. That would be cool.

A small part of me actually thinks that it could be something on that lines. I don't know, it just seems to fit with their theme right now, easy to work with the single young adults and much more convincing that adding additional life stages maybe?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I don't think it's supernaturals either, just guessing on what could be cute.
    I don't think it's anything really...lol
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    If it were supernaturals,, cute could refer to fairies and some witches (maybe good witches can come back?)

I'm pretty sure i has nothing to do with supernaturals, they would never use the word cute to refer to any of them.
    I googled the meaning of monstah and i got this:

Slang for "monster."
    "Momah dare's a monstah unduh muh bed."

Could easily be something like the imaginary friend, or some NPC planned for a Generations EP.
    How do you know that it has nothing to do with supernaturals? Maybe the voice-over actress was voicing a supernatural being? She did not say what she was working on in Sims 4. So how do you know?

• Options
    I didn't read the whole thread but I think from the first page, this voice actor posted they did something for EA, right? Well if they are not suppose to talk about it, why post about doing something? That boggles my mind.
    They can say that they worked on something for Sims 4, but they can not comment on what they did exactly in Sims 4. This is why she had denied that she working on toddlers in Sims 4. That doesn't that she didn't work on toddlers. It's just her avoiding giving away what she was working in Sims 4 because she's not allowed to comment on the specifics of what she did in Sims 4. Some people when they get wind of this just automatically think that it's a confirmation. When in fact it's not, until they officially deny it.

I want to thank you for your explanation.

I still don't see why she posted at all. Could have kept this information to herself. *shrugs*
    She could of had some free time right then, and was bored perhaps. The only one who could possibly answer that is her.
    You're welcome. :)

• Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Maybe the current person who voices children is sick so she's the replacement. Could have nothing to do with toddlers. *shrugs*
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited February 2016
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Maybe the current person who voices children is sick so she's the replacement. Could have nothing to do with toddlers. *shrugs*

But she did confirm she's not doing voices for children.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    edited February 2016
    Kartai wrote: »
    MONSTAHS? you mean monsters? So Supernatural? But that just a theory for now

The only thing that bothers me about that speculation is that she said cute monstahs. It's not exactly what I'd be looking for in Supernaturals.

Faeries are cute :) Or gnomes or dragons or leprachauns :D
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

The only thing that bothers me about that speculation is that she said cute monstahs. It's not exactly what I'd be looking for in Supernaturals.

I was trying to ignore that aspect of the tweet. :( There's only one thing worse than no supernaturals... cute supernaturals.
    Whaaat?! A troll is one the most beautiful, and loving supernatural creatures of all! :p

:joy: lmao

Seriously if we do get any cute supernaturals like posted in the last page I am going to be so gutted... gawd, it would be the worst thing yet. #overdramaticsupernaturallover
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member

I thought she only confirmed she's not doing voices for toddlers. I read it that children could still be on the table. So many the new EP has a new neighborhood with new children sims?
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    here we go again...

lol
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited February 2016
    imhappy wrote: »

I thought she only confirmed she's not doing voices for toddlers. I read it that children could still be on the table. So many the new EP has a new neighborhood with new children sims?

Nope, she did confirm she's not doing voice for children.
    tenor.gif
  • Options

Ok, Thanks!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,400 Member
    Hi everyone! Just read (https://t.co/TzeSBMv9bk) that Nikki Rapp is working on TS4, the past couple of days she's posted about it. If you didn't know, Nikki voiced toddlers and children in TS2 & 3 and I find it suspicious that EP3 will now be in development and they call on someone who voiced toddlers to come and work on some voices for TS4. I am Hoping it's for TS4 toddlers but this is just speculation, what do you guys think?

Yeah I remember her. I would say this is making toddlers likely for EP 3. I'm ready for a Generations EP but not cause of toddlers. I want it for more activities like hopefully pillow fighting,gift giving,playing catch,swings and see saws,the prom etc and also preteens.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited February 2016
    Maybe....
    Toddlers were being coded along each game pack so it didn't take long to just start making them.
    I'm on the hype train, officially.

Omg that's totally obvious to me....

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,400 Member

Well then I didn't see this when I posted my bad but I'm still hoping we get a generations EP with lots of stuff for our sims to do.
  • Options

I was trying to ignore that aspect of the tweet. :( There's only one thing worse than no supernaturals... cute supernaturals.
    Whaaat?! A troll is one the most beautiful, and loving supernatural creatures of all! :p

Seriously if we do get any cute supernaturals like posted in the last page I am going to be so gutted... gawd, it would be the worst thing yet. #overdramaticsupernaturallover
    They will likely come in a Pack if they do return to the game. So my suggestion to you is don't get that Pack, and then you won't have worry about running into one at all in your game. ;)

• Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    I am hoping this means toddlers are in the works, but I could also interpret "Monstahs" to be a Supernatural lifestate of some kind (cute could refer to faeries, gnomes, pixies, or even child supes). It could also be Pets, don't they usually use human voice actors for the animal sounds? So many things it could be, none of them bad either.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    CrocusCrocus Posts: 53 Member
    Even if it doesn't end up being toddlers I'm still excited! Obviously they're adding some sort of new life state to the game and whatever it is I'm on board (although i'm getting hyped for toddlers now) :>
  • Options
    jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    here we go again...

Exactly. :/

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

They will likely come in a Pack if they do return to the game. So my suggestion to you is don't get that Pack, and then you won't have worry about running into one at all in your game. ;)

Wait! What! You must be deluded @sunman502 if you think I wont buy a supernatural pack... besides If it appears and I don't buy it how will I be able to critique it on the forums???
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Around and around we go! Where it stops, no body knows until it hits us in the face like a ton of bricks! :p
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member

I don't think NZSimm3r was trying to imply she wouldn't want a Supernatural pack, only that if we get one it would be a disappointment to have a bunch of cute cuddly Supernaturals running around. Which I agree with. I want my supes dark and mysterious, not adorable. Although pixies could be considered cute and I wouldn't mind having them, but I don't want my vampires, witches, or other supes to be cute and friendly.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."