Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

honestly

Comments

• Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    it was very limited I belive tho
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

It really wasn't very limited. It's just different to this current system.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member

That is so true. EA try to make us think Sims 4 is so much better, but really what it gains on one level it loses on another. Which is a shame because they had a good idea but it was not executed fully imo.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Aine wrote: »

That is so true. EA try to make us think Sims 4 is so much better, but really what it gains on one level it loses on another. Which is a shame because they had a good idea but it was not executed fully imo.

Perhaps had they been able to finish the game instead of rushing it out unfinished they would have had time to polish and refine the system to make it work better. Alas that wasn't the case.
  • Options
    BanjoraBanjora Posts: 19 Member
    I'm actually enjoying TS4 more than TS3, but I still go through long periods where I don't play at all. Not having toddlers kind of killed it for me. I just play the same family, with aging off, and they're all becoming super sims.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    The Sims 4 is one of the best Sims games ever made. o:)

Fixed it for you.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »

After TS1, TS2 and TS3 ;)

And freeplay

But honestly or at least in my opinion GTW was a flop, GT added a nice feature and a new world thats actually worth it. CAS has gotten better and better , and its the best CAS ive seen ever in the sims. However if you are a family player it still lacks a lot and toddlers are still missing

I don't think GTW was a flop but the goals in the careers could use an overhaul as for retail...well....I at least just wanted the bugs fixed (including the clients overly talking in groups in the stores and employee AI) and the shopping bag animations but oh well...
    I agree GTW was not a flop but it's gameplay is not the greatest and it's deployment as well but looking at it they could have been a little less restrictive on the goals because the house visits was fun the first time but afterwards it was boring because I was seeing the same kind of visits one after another. and I must not forget "attain a sample" which was a bore as well.

And no forced aliens :cry: I'm really sorry to hear that GTW was a flop because that is the EP that I felt was supposed to be the other half of the stripped down base game. I don't play it because of the aliens generating as townies though. Is there any way possible to get rid of them entirely? Earlier someone said there was a mod that was improving that, but I just want aliens out of my game. That was the nail in the coffin for me. I don't want my sims to interact with any of the townies for that reason... which makes my game the equivalent of TS1 :disappointed:

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited January 2016
    @nanashi-sims I can play for generations and not see an alien if I do not go to Sixam or Alien Night at a bar. Obviously that's not the case if I have a scientist sim but even then I have to actively contact aliens to see them in my game (barring the alien invasion work opportunity). In my current game I have not seen a single alien... not even in disguise and believe me, I know what to look out for as I actually love aliens!
    This isn't nearly as good as being able to check a check-box but it is easily possible to have an alien free game and still have best friends etc with non-played townies.

*typos
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Well i didn't play since june last year i guess, i don't have any real reason to.
    Everything that i saw right now didn't made it for me. I guess i just wanted a better and newer Sims 3 with open World, Town Editor and stuff, well actually a deep Life Simulation.
    That said the Sims 4 is just not my Game this time around, i have no reason to invest more for it, hopefully Sims 5 will get really awesome again if not well i guess i am to old for this Game Franchise and its not meant for me anymore.
  • Options
    Well i didn't play since june last year i guess, i don't have any real reason to.
    Everything that i saw right now didn't made it for me. I guess i just wanted a better and newer Sims 3 with open World, Town Editor and stuff, well actually a deep Life Simulation.
    That said the Sims 4 is just not my Game this time around, i have no reason to invest more for it, hopefully Sims 5 will get really awesome again if not well i guess i am to old for this Game Franchise and its not meant for me anymore.

Yeah, ts4 is definitely not that. Took me ages to get over the fact that ts4 is not just a better, updated and improved version of ts3.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    ambrown wrote: »
    honestly how has the game been? i have not played since like, september and it was for 20 minutes, has it gotten any better? or it's the same old it's fun at first but then gets repetitive and boring

I suggest looking up reviews of the Packs that have released as well as reading over the Patch notes for content, fixes and changes made to the Base Game over the last 15 months or so.

We've received 5 Stuff Packs, 2 Expansion packs and 2 Game Packs, as well as an upgraded version of the 1 Free Pack, the 3 Launch Day DLC are also still available.

Through Patches, some of the things added were: Ghost Life State, Pool Tool, Swimming Outfit Category, Athletic Career, Business Career, Vacations, Genealogy(Family Trees), Basements, New Interactions, New Create-A-Sim Parts, New Build & Buy Mode Objects, New Pool Water Styles, Newcrest(15 Lot Neighbourhood), 64-Bit Version for Windows Users, Lot Bins, New Cheats etc. can't remember them all off the top of my head sorry lol
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member

Well I guess it depends on what you'd define as limited - having little control and only a small amount of interactions available to control whilst doing another interaction is pretty limited in my opinion, at least in comparison to Multitasking now.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

Yeah, ts4 is definitely not that. Took me ages to get over the fact that ts4 is not just a better, updated and improved version of ts3.

Well i need to mention i don't mind Loading Screen either, i still like playing Sims 2 even though its loading times are even more bad than the Sims 4, but still i have everything i need to enjoy my game.
    The Sims 4 still lacks and the Stuff they are producing right now its not really what i like playing.
    And i guess i don't need to mention what it lacks, the current focus just isn't for me.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    @Sigzy05 multitasking exists in TS3 too. Not as polished as TS2 (I think that game was the highest quality we've had so far in terms of depth and detail) but it's there.

I strongly agree with you here, sparkfairy. :relaxed:

@Prink34320 - Outside of drinking while eating, multi-tasking doesn't really make much sense to me in the Sims 4. Could you give examples please? I'm not playing TS4 at the moment.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Here's a good example of multi tasking that has been present since launch: running on treadmill (building fitness) + chatting to other sims (building charisma and comedy and fitness depending on socials chosen) + watching cooking channel on TV (building cooking skill-home style) + be mentored for fitness.

*edited: also filling fun need and social need, forgot to add that!

Here's another example: painting on easel (painting skill) +chatting to friend (painting skill, charisma, comedy etc depending on socials chosen, also fills social need) + listening to radio to build fun need + be mentored in painting.

or: Watching Cooking show, playing a game on tab and chatting (cooking, video gaming, various small skill boost depending on socials chosen but most probably mainly charisma) etc etc

It is possible to have four or five multitasking interactions going to.
    Post edited by NZsimm3r on

• Options
    While multi tasking does slow the rate of each individual skill gain rate down... it still allows all those skills I mentioned to be learnt at a reasonable pace.

• Options
    MiamineMiamine Posts: 731 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Here's a good example of multi tasking that has been present since launch: running on treadmill (building fitness) + chatting to other sims (building charisma and comedy and fitness depending on socials chosen) + watching cooking channel on TV (building cooking skill-home style).

*edited: also filling fun need and social need, forgot to add that!

Here's another example: painting on easel (painting skill) +chatting to friend (painting skill, charisma, comedy etc depending on socials chosen, also fills social need) + listening to radio to build fun need.

or: Watching Cooking show, playing a game on tab and chatting (cooking, video gaming, various small skill boost depending on socials chosen but most probably mainly charisma)

It is possible to have four or five multitasking interactions going to.

Nope, Sims 2 can't have four or five multitasking interactions going on - but it's a game that 10 years old and it came out in 2004, I would expect a game released in 2014 to have improved somewhat.

Sims 2 can -
    Run on treadmill and watch TV
    Run on treadmill and be coached (mentored) by other sim for money

Can't remember if they gain skills - I think they do, but after 10years playing you do stop picking up on things.

Sims 2 can
    Read a book and chat
    Do research assignments in a group and chat (also chat to other people who interrupt and are not doing research)
    Eat dinner, watch, tv and chat at the same time
    Watch TV and Chat, and also tell somebody standing in front of the TV to move away and shoosh
    Lie on the bed with their partner, watch TV, pick up cooking skills, and be talking at the same time.

Can do many activities whilst chatting to other people - eg. play chess and chat to a third party who is watching the game.

Can paint a portrait of someone and talk to them and build up relationship skills
    Can catch fish, chat to other fishermen and build relationships, fishing skills, nature hobby, fun at the same time.

After 10 years playing, people are still finding new things hidden in the game. I recently found out a sim can stop eating, throw a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to their dog, all whilst continuing a conversation at the dinner table. Sims 2 people can not drink and eat.

Yep, it's not as complicated as Sims 4 multitasking, but it's 10 years old - but it says something that after 10 years players keep on finding something new Sims 2 people can do.
    SIMS 3:YOU’VE NEVER SEEN THE SIMS LIKE THIS BEFORE! This #1 bestselling award-winner* is better than ever on iPhone and iPod. Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving analytics technology. EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Cool! I must get back to ts2 for a bit. Been stuck on playing minecraft of all things! lol

*you reminded me about mentoring @Miamine so I went back and edited that to the post you quoted.

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    jusMeh wrote: »

Well at least you changed it up a little. :neutral:
    Shortened it :D
    Of course it get's boring and repetitive overtime. Most games are like that especially if you play it long enough (varies for everyone) but anyways the game has changed a lot and I'm personally having a lot of fun with it. I thought at first when I purchased TS4 a couple months ago I wouldn't enjoy it because of all the negative feedback I was reading on various sites but once I got to playing it myself I thought to myself that yea... they were right..lol BUT~ like I really love CAS, The emotion system, clubs, and did I forget to mention the freakin' CAS???? The Sims are so gorgeous!
    I can spend like a couple days there alone before I got to the actual game play. I do hope that you end up giving the game a chance sometime in the future. I feel with the right packs TS4 could be one of the best! However at this moment it's clearly lacking and it's only my imagination (which is also abit limited) that is keeping me playing TS4. :blush:
    A good Sims game doesn't have to get boring, because you can use it to tell all kind of different stories. There's so many directions you can take and choose. But the gameplay has to be all about options then and last time I played Sims 4, I just missed having that. Options.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I actually despise multi tasking in this game, and wish there was a way to turn it off. Everything in this game already takes a ridiculous amount of time to complete, and now they wont get off their phone while doing it. I never know what is going to count as multitasking, so when I queue something I want my Sim to do AFTER they finish what they are currently doing, they will just stop what they are doing and go do that instead. Things I want my Sim to do later suddenly drop down into the action box, skipping everything I wanted them to do first. Chatting while working out is nice, but my Sim will text while she eats, look around for no reason with that horrifying grin on her face while writing, randomly walk across the room to look at artwork while painting.

For example, my Sim is eating, and I want her to shower, then get the mail AFTER she is done eating. I queue up shower, then the mailbox. The mailbox icon then jumps down into the action box instead of staying after the shower. My Sim then carries to plate to the mailbox and eats her food out there like an idiot, then leaves the plate on the ground where I can never pick it up.

I like to leave free will on, and just push Sims a little when they need to be doing something for work, but the level of babysitting I have to do is crazy in this game.

"You rule."
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »

Well I guess it depends on what you'd define as limited - having little control and only a small amount of interactions available to control whilst doing another interaction is pretty limited in my opinion, at least in comparison to Multitasking now.
    Oddly enough it's the multitasking that gives me a feeling to be tied up hands and feet. Because it often is so compulsory. They often HAVE to multitask, even when I don't want them to and it makes them do the strangest things. I agree with others Sims 2 and 3 have some form of multitasking as well, but it's often hidden in an interaction. And I also agree it was a bit more advanced in 2 than it was in 3 (unfortunately). But for me the fact the multitasking is less complicated, also makes it clearer as a player. More manageable. Less dominant and more natural, more casual (like multitasking in real life often is).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CACTUSROSE1CACTUSROSE1 Posts: 66 Member
    Some days i play and wonder why did i waste my money - it has improved since the 1st game came out but there is still alot to do - the toddlers is the top issue and the fact that the town isnt open so you get a little irritated everytime that stupid spinning diamond appears. i know one of the simmers stated no one held a gun to your head to buy the game - true but i didnt know about the toddlers or even the fact that the town is not open and lets not forget the constant internet connection you require to actually play the game so when i have no data no game till the new month!!! at the back of the disc box of sims 4 states you need internet to install but nothing about the fact that you cant play at all without the internet - when i went back to the shop i bought it the sales people didnt even know that constant internet was required - i told them to let all customers that buy know as i know that many parents dont like their kids to have constant access to the internet.

Gurus please take note - i want to buy the movie stuff so badly but my husband was right, why keep buying the packs if you are actually not happy with the game - hundreds of rands wasted...... that is how i feel sometimes but keep hoping it will get better soon. i love sims i dont want to give it up
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    How can you give any game a real chance in 20 minutes?
  • Options
    ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I have been playing TS2 and it's still far better honestly, but it's just my opinion I guess.

My internet was down for a bit, and I went back to TS2...I really enjoyed it..TS4 is ok, but I need to get Get Together..and the kitchen stuff pack..I think that will ramp up the gameplay a bit for me. That is what I liked about TS2...my sim was invitied downtown to a restaurant/bowling alley..the restaurant function was great in TS2..and the randomness of the group that went with her..very funny..everyone has their own style of play, and not everyone just adores each installment..Me? I've found something to really like about each one.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    How can you give any game a real chance in 20 minutes?
    If the player goes into the game looking for specific features(which could be done by reading reviews and possibly save them some money) and do not see what they looking for in the game it becomes a turn off regardless of what other features it may have.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen