Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does Europe have to wait 2 more days for Get Together? ;_;

It's available for the US on the 8th, right? Why do I have to wait until the 10th? I preordered in October, I just need them to let me download it. I'm going to cri 4ever nao, kthxbai.

But for serious, why?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I don't know but it use to be 3 days they had to wait.
  • Options
    EvaliynEvaliyn Posts: 129 Member
    Because they don't care about the others :\

I have to wait too and I hate it because I pay the same. At least when Steam releases something, it's universal, and for me it is the right thing
  • Options
    budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    To keep it exclusive, even for a day or two.
  • Options
    ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    The weird thing is - none of the others were later, were they? We got to download them the same day as everyone else (well, same night for us).
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    *coughs* IP change (within ~20 seconds) *coughs* problem solved.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Because History. Goes back to brick-and-mortar release days, when those were the only release days. And one country's release days didn't affect anyone else's because you hardly talked to anyone in another country anyway.

Some items still have to stock for brick-and-mortar release, and for stores, that can be much easier to manage if everything is on the same weekday. So for it to change, everyone would have to agree when to change it to, and when it would start. That's a lot of huge-cat-herding.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    I think the countries just have different days where most games are released

In the U.S. many games are released on tuesdays, and PSN also updates for the week on tuesdays (idk about the xbox's store since I don't have one). I think they did this to make releases more organized throughout the industry, instead of having new games just come out on whatever day. If would be really annoying for stores to have shipments of new games come in that all come out on different days lol

I guess for Europe, the day they chose for that is different.
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Options
    RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member
    It depends from what country you are from the real reason why it is a different release date. Because there are traditions made to have games released in certain dates in different countries long time ago to bring order to games releases that used to come at any time in the past. UK decided it on Friday because it was too chaotic the games releases coming at any time and felt Friday was the best day for people to buy because of the weekend sales. US did it Tuesday because retailers stocked their game slow so they wanted a Tuesday release for Friday to have all the retailers selling their games. After traditions were made to sell physical copies at certain dates depending on the country, now digital copies also have to follow that tradition to not mess up and lower down the first day of physical stock sales. There are a lot of legal things they have to go through as well. It isn't EA/Origin fault at all.
    tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @jsn but we update the same days as the US, and I'm almost 100% positive the European release dates for the other packs have been the same day. This is the first one I've seen that's different.

@luthienrising You know, that makes sense, but a google search of typical Danish game stores doesn't show Get Together anywhere. :( eta: You know what, I lied. I translated it wrong, and the right translation does have a physical release here. Ugh. Still doesn't explain the others. I'm trying to find a list of release dates to make sure I'm not remembering wrong, but it's surprisingly difficult.
  • Options
    @HalloMolli ...oh my. Would that really work? Because I'm ON it.
  • Options
    Yes it does. ;-)
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    @HalloMolli You are an incredible person, and may blessings rain upon you in a rainbow mist of gnomes.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Modifien wrote: »
    @jsn but we update the same days as the US, and I'm almost 100% positive the European release dates for the other packs have been the same day. This is the first one I've seen that's different.

@luthienrising You know, that makes sense, but a google search of typical Danish game stores doesn't show Get Together anywhere. :(

Yep. But the release day is the release day for all content, so that companies aren't doing multiple release days depending on whether there's a non-download version or not. Companies simply haven't shifted to multiple release days-of-the-week. That's true in other media as well, not just in games. Those single-day-of-the-week release days became part of the culture of these industries in a way that's bigger than their original reason, and the coordination needed to undo it is pretty big. To have a separate release day for digital-only, for example, would mean coordinating that among digital retailers - who would need to, for example, have multiple weekdays they update certain site areas, not just one. So, it's more complicated than just deciding "this isn't on disc, so it can just release on Tuesday everywhere". In this case, some European countries have disc/key sale off of Origin, so Origin can't just shift the date - it's not the only retailer.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    @luthienrising Okay, looking it up, it looks like Game Packs are released on the same day as the US, but Expansion Packs aren't. This is so weird.
  • Options
    @luthienrising Okay, looking it up, it looks like Game Packs are released on the same day as the US, but Expansion Packs aren't. This is so weird.

Yeah, the Game Packs haven't been available from any non-Origin retailers until at least a few days after they go on sale on Origin. Origin can do whatever it likes when it's the only retailer.
  • Options
    @luthienrising Thanks a bunch for your input. :( It explains it, but it still sucks. It's like the annoying "The uploader has not made this video available in your country" nonsense. I know there are rights and legality issues, but come on. The internet is international. ;_;
  • Options
    Don't worry, just ignore that particular person.

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    It's available for the US on the 8th, right? Why do I have to wait until the 10th? I preordered in October, I just need them to let me download it. I'm going to cri 4ever nao, kthxbai.

But for serious, why?

Just remember....you are not alone. We all suffer :s:'(

1277899575_crocodile-tears.gif
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    For those two days of agony I'll just have to watch all the let's plays that I can find :bawling:
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    We (the UK) would have got it on the 11th (the friday) but EA changed it to the same date as mainland europe, and the rest of the world
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    The game is made in the USA so we get it first, as it should be.
  • Options
    Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member
    Most games are on a NA=Tuesday | Europe=Friday schedule. It has been this way for many years. You can Google your question and find the answer quite easily.
    "The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Gamepacks have a world wide release date for everyone were expansions are 2 days apart depending on your country.
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    edited December 2015
    The game is made in the USA so we get it first, as it should be.
    Sorry, but that's plum and somewhat offensive. You do realize us "inferior" europeans and australians/nzers pay more for the exact same product, right? All we'd like is to be able to access ours at the same time. I don't think that's too much to ask, especially since a lot of other companies do it. Some even release it earlier for us.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    I guess all America will be same day than USA
    at least from Argentina say me December 8. But 2 am than if take Argentina is GMT -3 at USA will be December 7 at night