Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need: More Info, More Content, Life State.. We need more or no $

I think until now we have so few info about GT, and the only info we have is so poor and sad (in my opinion of course)..
We need more info, more content who we can look and say "oh isn't only raves and a new city" because I think an EP is to expensive for only that..

And about the life state, Sim Guru Lindsey say life states are not tradition, and for me, what she said it's a huge offense. I'm a fan and life state, like a lot other things in the past games are tradition, the problem it's this team don't care about tradition.
Make a good expansion, and you still have time to fix and complete. make more content, make the life state, make us want this expansion..

Attention I don't speak in general, I speak for the ones who won't like it.. ok?! fine..
No Good expansion no Money out of my account, sorry... The team needs to learn to hear the fans, not making what they want and in interviews tell, smilling "Oh we love our fans and hear every single request.." LOL

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I had tried to get them to release new info on Get Together last week. But I see that it didn't do any good, since I haven't found any new posting on here that covers new contents yet. But maybe they'll release some new info this week or the next. :|
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    OP it is good that you are not expecting a lot out of this EP so you wont be very disappointed.
    I think when you get disappointed before purchase is better than getting disappointed after.

As for Life state answer from the guru that is not the actual excuse. The actual excuse is time and money. They seem to be keeping the cost of the EP at its lowest. Is it because of declined sales? probably. So lowering cost of an EP while its price remains the same will benefit them in the short run even when the sales are lower.

I am expecting everything that will be released in future will be watered down. It is sad because I like this game and instead of getting substantial EPs we might get junk only. This will end this game for me sooner than later.

So like you too my money will remain in my wallet until they become serious and offer something valuable. by valuable I mean any EP that is focused and expands to the game.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    OP it is good that you are not expecting a lot out of this EP so you wont be very disappointed.
    I think when you get disappointed before purchase is better than getting disappointed after.

As for Life state answer from the guru that is not the actual excuse. The actual excuse is time and money. They seem to be keeping the cost of the EP at its lowest. Is it because of declined sales? probably. So lowering cost of an EP while its price remains the same will benefit them in the short run even when the sales are lower.

I am expecting everything that will be released in future will be watered down. It is sad because I like this game and instead of getting substantial EPs we might get junk only. This will end this game for me sooner than later.

So like you too my money will remain in my wallet until they become serious and offer something valuable. by valuable I mean any EP that is focused and expands to the game.

This expansion pack IS focused. It's about grouos, clubs etc and how thdy interact with each other. its something we've NEVER had in the sims series.

Also sim guru lindsey never said it wasn't tradition. She said thdre wouldn't be any. She doesn't make the calls to not add a life state so don't blame her.

As for the lack of one I am extremely disappointed, they're my favorite part and they ARE a tradition.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    Amen.
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Life States should be in one big pack.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I've never been a big fan of life states and I really don't consider them a tradition- I consider them a problem. By the end of Sims 3 humans were a minority in my towns and I was constantly fighting against supernaturals overrunning the place. It's a life simulation- not a fantasy role play. Sorry I just don't see werewolves all over my town scratching the plum out of everything. It's fine for the people who want them but I am in no hurry to see them arrive. Bad enough I get abducted by aliens every week and walk around pregnant half the time.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I've never been a big fan of life states and I really don't consider them a tradition- I consider them a problem. By the end of Sims 3 humans were a minority in my towns and I was constantly fighting against supernaturals overrunning the place. It's a life simulation- not a fantasy role play. Sorry I just don't see werewolves all over my town scratching the plum out of everything. It's fine for the people who want them but I am in no hurry to see them arrive. Bad enough I get abducted by aliens every week and walk around pregnant half the time.

If I recall correctly there were options to stop the spawning of life states. In addition to that, if you had werewolves then you bought the Supernatural EP, and that EP had the most life states out of any EP.

I personally enjoy the life states, even if I don't use them I think they're something fun that has always been included with expansions. I see no reason why they should stick all of them in one pack.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Its not about who likes them or who doesn't.
    It is about how EA is cutting out everything from the game to lower the cost of it. End result is an empty shallow EP.

Life state is just one example for that. There will be many things to follow.
    Post edited by halimali1980 on
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Calling life states a tradition is bizarre. Just because TS2 started doing it doesn't make it a tradition. TS1 was the far better game than TS2 and it didn't have any life states.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Calling life states a tradition is bizarre. Just because TS2 started doing it doesn't make it a tradition. TS1 was the far better game than TS2 and it didn't have any life states.

TS2 was the real sequel to TS1. It made the sims franchise one of the best. With TS3 & TS4 the decline of the franchise happened.
    TS2 is better than TS1 in so many things.
    giphy.gif
  • Options

It did actually. Your sim could turn into Frankenstein for awhile from using the chemistry set, and your sims could also be turned into toads from spells in Makin' Magic. TS1 is a great game, but it is very old. The sims themselves were just images placed on the same model, there was no way to create a life state that wouldn't look the same for every sim. The technology just wasn't there yet, so it's not even a legitimate argument.

The Sims 2 built upon The Sims, it added highly detailed models (for the time) that could be customized to look completely different from one another. Therefore allowing life states to be made while still being able to differentiate between different sims. You really can't use TS1 as a basis for an argument about life states, because like I said above, it didn't have a lot of innovations we have come to expect over time. I would call them a tradition, you know why? Because when they were planning each and every expansion pack throughout TS2 & TS3 they chose to develop a new life state for each EP. Even in Get To Work they sat down and chose to create a new life state, and they added aliens. What is their excuse here? It's more like this pack has one of the weakest themes we've seen so far; not only could they not deliver new gameplay that fit with the theme, but they also couldn't think of a life state that fit with it.

For 10 years every release had at least one new life state, some had more than one. It's more bazaar to dismiss those facts as if they are nothing, and defend a poorly developed expansion pack simply because you aren't willing to look at the big picture.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2015
    elelunicy , that's not true. It started in the base of Sims 1 and was explained by Will Wright even.

Actually the thing where every ep was to have a creature was in fact his own idea and was very much in the Sims 1 - you just forget. But the Tragic Clown, the Genie, The fortune teller, Sharkman, The Dancing Bear, there are many others. Many in the Sims 1 vacation places, and many more in the Sims 1 Makin Magic but every ep had one or more. But Will was adamate that at least one new creature or fantasy life state be in every ep. The Genie in Sims 1 even uses Will Wright voice. The clown he said was based off of Emmet Kelly, one of his fav clowns in the world but looked like MacDonalds clown. He had a reason for every creature from what he says. Sims 2 followed the tradition...

In Sims 2 production after Rod Hubble took over control of the Sims division he often mentioned he hated the life states and creatures and actually wanted them not in the game - but the team honored Will Wrights vision of his game and kept them in every ep. It was my belief that was part of the agreement of EA getting the game - so now I wonder how the Maxis team is getting around that - or are they using bear suited NPCs and FX chipmonks in the place of it all to say it has a creature. Which is another short change to us who have played the game the last nearly 16 years.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited August 2015
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    But the Tragic Clown, the Genie, The fortune teller, Sharkman, The Dancing Bear, there are many others.

Oh, if these things are "life states" we're about to get like 15 of them.

Here are some codes in game files that refer to the upcoming Spooky Stuff pack.
    <T ev="8194">Skill_Psychic</T>
    <T ev="8195">Style_Witch</T>
    <T ev="8196">Style_Pirate</T>
    <T ev="8197">Style_Frankenstein</T>
    <T ev="8198">Uniform_FortuneTeller</T>
    <T ev="8199">Role_FortuneTeller</T>
    <T ev="8200">Func_FortuneTelling</T>
    <T ev="8201">Uniform_Frankenstein</T>
    <T ev="8202">Uniform_Witch</T>
    <T ev="8203">Uniform_Pirate</T>
    <T ev="8204">Uniform_Skeleton</T>
    <T ev="8205">Uniform_NInja</T>
    <T ev="8206">Uniform_Pumpkin</T>
    <T ev="8207">Uniform_SchoolGirl</T>
    <T ev="8208">Uniform_Princess</T>
    <T ev="8209">Uniform_Fairy</T>
    <T ev="8210">OutfitCategory_Witch</T>
    <T ev="8211">Uniform_Spartan</T>
    <T ev="8212">Tooltip_SkillPsychic</T>

Lol, TS: Makin' Magic is my all-time favorite Sims expansion and I can tell you right here that EP, even without any actual life states, was 10000% better/more magical than those boring, soulless life states in TS2.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2015
    Yep, Making Magic was also my favorite ep in Sims 1 with Superstar close behind. I also liked Sims 3 Supernatural seeing sims finally have powers of sorts.

That pack does have my interest though that you are showing. The coming ep has zero interest to me - but a Spooky Pack - I would be interested in, providing it is not just costumes but the actual life states. From that it does look like all those things are costume with only the fortune teller as a skilll and a function. I hope not - as I want the creatures with powers etc or not much point to me. But at the same time gets my interest if it is just a stuff pack. Then a single skill could be okay. LOl.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    But the Tragic Clown, the Genie, The fortune teller, Sharkman, The Dancing Bear, there are many others.

Lol, TS: Makin' Magic is my all-time favorite Sims expansion and I can tell you right here that EP, even without any actual life states, was 10000% better/more magical than those boring, soulless life states in TS2.

Psychic Skill? Fortune Teller NPC? Sounds like a new NPC will be the "gameplay" of the pack :p

Though I kind of like it, it's diferent :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member

If I recall correctly there were options to stop the spawning of life states. In addition to that, if you had werewolves then you bought the Supernatural EP, and that EP had the most life states out of any EP.

I personally enjoy the life states, even if I don't use them I think they're something fun that has always been included with expansions. I see no reason why they should stick all of them in one pack.

There are options for stopping supernaturals but they don't work on werewolves or merpeople and there's no option to stop zombies. I did buy the EP for other feature in it and because I thought you'd have the option of using the life state- which in theory you do but in reality not so much. I thought it might be cool to have one vampire or something when I bought the EP but I regretted that part later.
  • Options

There are options for stopping supernaturals but they don't work on werewolves or merpeople and there's no option to stop zombies. I did buy the EP for other feature in it and because I thought you'd have the option of using the life state- which in theory you do but in reality not so much. I thought it might be cool to have one vampire or something when I bought the EP but I regretted that part later.

To stop zombies you have to turn off the rotating moon phases. I set mine to one setting, and no zombies appeared and the eye murdering bloom never happened.

On the topic of werewolves I don't know, I never had an issue with them invading my game (or any supernatural for that matter) outside of Moonlight Falls where almost all the premades were some kind of occult. I did play with my population control setting set to disallow spawning of them.

I think one of the biggest turn offs is having occults spawn. In TS2 there wasn't a problem because each world had 1 occult (head vampire, pack leader, etc) and to have your sim become an occult you would actually have to work for it. I liked that system better than The Sims 3, and I figure that would be the best route for 4 instead of one pack being jam packed with all kinds of different life states.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Psychic Skill? Fortune Teller NPC? Sounds like a new NPC will be the "gameplay" of the pack :p

So we are finally getting the fortune teller they need to hurry up and finish up all this old content and get to what people are actually asking for. 16430622155_04fbe189d7_c.jpg
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SarduchiSarduchi Posts: 208 Member

Those is gona be costumes for a halloween stuff pack. Though I expect the school girl outfit to be misused.... point is that those are not life states. Currently we only have alien as a non-standard life state.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

I love all the Making Magic, Superstar from TS1 but what I am talking about is the base games. TS2 is more like a life simulation while TS1 is more like a doll house.

TS2 is not just graphically better but the it introduced the aging and the life stages. Something that was not there in TS1.
    What TS1 stands out in today more than the other games is its music, it is so melodious and nice.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

So we are finally getting the fortune teller they need to hurry up and finish up all this old content and get to what people are actually asking for. 16430622155_04fbe189d7_c.jpg

The "new" content will probably only start next year. This year we will get what they planned and started for the game last year.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but those aren't new. They've been here since the pools patch released last November. :( It's likely something they intended for last Halloween, but never made it.
  • Options
    SarduchiSarduchi Posts: 208 Member
    Zerbu wrote: »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but those aren't new. They've been here since the pools patch released last November. :( It's likely something they intended for last Halloween, but never made it.

"Spooky Stuff" pack news has already been leaked, expect it by October this year.
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    Sarduchi wrote: »

"Spooky Stuff" pack news has already been leaked, expect it by October this year.

Yeah, it's pretty much guaranteed we'll get the pack, but the code above doesn't indicate what features we'll get with it. :(
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Sarduchi wrote: »

Yeah, it's pretty much guaranteed we'll get the pack, but the code above doesn't indicate what features we'll get with it. :(

Yes it does. A new fortune teller NPC with very likely it's own skill like what the reaper has. The psychic skill. (Grimmy has the Reaping skill).
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1