Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*UPDATED* Supported Graphics Card List (The Sims 4 Edition)

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    @ceejay402, that is exactly what I had to do I had to take it to a shop as it just kept cycling. It was not a free update for me. Cost $50.00 to have it put in. Worth it though, it is running fine. Have not been on in a while as I am trying to get stuff downloaded and in place, it is a slow process. Tanks you are the best

Oh good not a bad price for peace of mind :)
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    This list needs to add the GTX 950. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    This list needs to add the GTX 950. :)

Done. :)
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • Options
    plantina21plantina21 Posts: 211 Member
    Does the Radeon r9 360 and 390 play both ?
  • Options
    plantina21 wrote: »
    Does the Radeon r9 360 and 390 play both ?

There is no R9 360, but there is a R7 360.

The 390 would be overkill for the Sims, but would run the Sims without any problems.

The 360 would run the Sims on high, but possibly a mix of medium-high when expansions, stuff packs, and game packs are added.
  • Options
    @colton147147 there is both an r7 360 and an r9 360
    http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/index.php?make=AMD&model=R-300 Series&type=Desktop Graphics Card the only difference i could see at first glance is that the r9 requires less watts to run.

it looks like the r9 360 @plantina21 is just a slightly more improved rebranding of 260. it should be fine for the series if you want a stronger card, one more designed for gaming look at 270x or 370 and you dont have to go for tippy top with 390 for the game.
  • Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/index.php?make=AMD&model=R-300 Series&type=Desktop Graphics Card the only difference i could see at first glance is that the r9 requires less watts to run.

it looks like the r9 360 @plantina21 is just a slightly more improved rebranding of 260. it should be fine for the series if you want a stronger card, one more designed for gaming look at 270x or 370 and you dont have to go for tippy top with 390 for the game.

Oh my mistake. Sorry. D:
  • Options

Oh my mistake. Sorry. D:

no worries :) and its very annoying of amd to put out these overlapped cards. makes no sense to me! :D
  • Options
    plantina21plantina21 Posts: 211 Member
    Thanks , I only ask because I'm starting to find computers with those two cards in them . Maybe someone should update the mod the sims card chart and add sims 4 . Not that I don't find this thread helpful , I was just dropping a suggestion.
  • Options

no worries :) and its very annoying of amd to put out these overlapped cards. makes no sense to me! :D

To be honest, I think AMD has dug themselves into a hole here as graphics card nomenclature is already complicated and confusing for most people, and now they don't have a clear definition between their R5, R7 and R9 series cards.

Thanks , I only ask because I'm starting to find computers with those two cards in them . Maybe someone should update the mod the sims card chart and add sims 4 . Not that I don't find this thread helpful , I was just dropping a suggestion.

It would seem that Mod The Sims is less consistent and as on the ball - they haven't updated their cards list in the last 9 months at all! (whereas this list has been updated quite recently).

Cody

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • Options
    edited September 2015

To be honest, I think AMD has dug themselves into a hole here as graphics card nomenclature is already complicated and confusing for most people, and now they don't have a clear definition between their R5, R7 and R9 series cards.

It would seem that Mod The Sims is less consistent and as on the ball - they haven't updated their cards list in the last 9 months at all! (whereas this list has been updated quite recently).

Cody
    cody! so agree and whats worse now 370 is getting the demotion as well with having a r7 version. i can only guess because it has some limiting tech they are trying to phase out its prominence in the line up. of course i wish they would just update its architecture

as for MTS :( i know ellacharmed was a big contributor to the tech section including the card list and she after many years has retired her moderator status at MTS. perhaps there isnt anyone there that is able to step up even try to do half of what you she did there. :(
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    I know alot of Nvidia cards because the lines are simple to figure out but AMD? I'm lost.
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    cody! so agree and whats worse now 370 is getting the demotion as well with having a r7 version. i can only guess because it has some limiting tech they are trying to phase out its prominence in the line up. of course i wish they would just update its architecture

as for MTS :( i know ellacharmed was a big contributor to the tech section including the card list and she after many years has retired her moderator status at MTS. perhaps there isnt anyone there that is able to step up even try to do half of what you she did there. :(

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the Rx 300 series is made up of so many different architectures, many of which are just relabelled older architectures - the R7/R9 370 cards are relabelled R9 270 architecture, which in turn was a relabelled Radeon HD 7870 architecture, as well as having some slightly newer, different architecture for the OEM versions! Super confusing :D

Let's hope the Rx 400 series is a fresh start using new architecture and new transistor node processing.

It's a shame about MTS as they are a very useful community. :( I would happily help them out with moderating The Sims 4 System Requirements page :D

Cody

• Options
    darrin91darrin91 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2015
    I am really a huge Sim fan and I'm looking to buy a new iMac to play the game. I notice that the newer 2015 iMacs now have the Intel HD Graphics 6200 graphic card instead of the NVIDIA GeForce series. And the forum only goes up to 6100. So my question is will the game run smoothly on the Intel HD Graphics 6200? I would really appreciate it if somebody could give me some advice.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    darrin91 wrote: »
    I am really a huge Sim fan and I'm looking to buy a new iMac to play the game. I notice that the newer 2015 iMacs now have the Intel HD Graphics 6200 graphic card instead of the NVIDIA GeForce series. And the forum only goes up to 6100. So my question is will the game run smoothly on the Intel HD Graphics 6200? I would really appreciate it if somebody could give me some advice.

This list is for PC . I would advise asking in the mac section of this forum . The game plays different on mac than PC http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions
  • Options
    ImNotAPunkieImNotAPunkie Posts: 3 New Member
    Can I play the Sims 4 at 60fps with a gtx 960m?
  • Options

You will be able to play the Sims 4 without any issue.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,741 Member

Most probably. But it also depends on the power options settings for your computer. I could play it on 60fps but I had to lower my power settings as my CPU was heating too much. Now I can only get it to 40 and maybe sometimes 60. Some simmers have also reported that they have a drop on the fps rate after the latest patch.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    @CodySimstein

You'll need to add the Radeon R9 380x now. :)
  • Options
    tacomepaco5tacomepaco5 Posts: 1 New Member
    how do I find out what video card I have. I have a dell 7 if that helps. ugh this is so frustrating. I got the disc for sims 4 and this sucks. I am not techy, so I don't understand the diginostic thing and taking apart you computer thing! HELP!
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    how do I find out what video card I have. I have a dell 7 if that helps. ugh this is so frustrating. I got the disc for sims 4 and this sucks. I am not techy, so I don't understand the diginostic thing and taking apart you computer thing! HELP!

Open Device Manager on your system, and then click on Display Adapters. That will tell you what you have.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    EthyrdudeEthyrdude Posts: 268 Member
    @tacomepaco5 No, no! Do not take your computer apart!

You should be able to see in control panel or in settings, depending on your OS as to what you have for video card. The information should be in device manager. In the device manager list you should see "display adapter" near the top of the list. If you click that it should open up and show what video card you have.
    On a planet far, far away.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited December 2015

Dell 7 as in Dell Tablet? If you have a tablet the game is not for tablets.

If you have a desktop or laptop hit the windows + R key, in the run box type DxDiag hit ok and it should tell you your computer specs
  • Options
    hi @tacomepaco5 and welcome no worries just post computer specs for me to assist,
    to post hit windows key + R enter dxdiag run report hit save all info and notepad doc will open copy/paste the whole long report here, thanks!

• Options
    iNanoxiNanox Posts: 42 New Member
    so i have this card laying around and one mobo with proc the question is would it run sims 4? low/medium settings?
    asus.com/Graphics-Cards/EN9800GT_TOPHTDP512M/