Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA/MAXIS ATTENTION! "We (The majority) didn't want Get together"

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I agree with most of the points that the person made in his video, what I see about this new EP is that it is not bold or revolutionary, just like GTW after a play through you may get bored. Sims 4 as a whole is not creative enough and does not have any creative tools incorporated within the game to allow the end users to create their own themes, lots, etc. Everything is scripted by EA/Maxis and they are leading customers by the hands and while some may love being led by the hand and eat up anything EA/Maxis feed them there are other customers that prefer to create there own themes and lots. Sims 4 may run great for some people but it is more than running great, it has to have diversity and tools to allow the user to grow their world and building tools is not the only tools needed. Where is the Neighborhood creator or even the lot creator? Sims will never be GOTY as it stands now. Guess Sims 4 going to have to run it's course like the flu.

GTW would have been a huge success and a great EP if they had carried through on ideas. Like having a home doctor's office and sick Sims having to beat it to your Sims' door because they 'could' die of illness. But no such luck. And or it would have been even better if burglars were in the game and your detective at home saw it and rushed out to stop it and or go investigate on the players' own.

If Spa Day was not just a stand alone game lol, but the GTW incorporated itself into everything coming out later, like run a spa..duh, EA.

Or work as a bartender on free lance from home in the GTW, and get called to parties to work. There are so many things they could do to expand their own gameplay with a simple EP but they didn't. And that is why it is 'hurry up and buy' and 'move on to the next new shiny' that is killing this franchise.

I mean what better time to offer a restaurant in a retail EP (yes I know it's about linear careers) than in the GTW? Just milk me later at some point I guess.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Why is everyone deviating from the main subject of the OP and concentrating on the word "we" instead?
    I think the word "We" is very much relevant here. Many people are not happy about this EP so the "We" word use here is accurate.

And those who are not liking it. Add me to the OP and both of us will be "WE"
    So yes
    WE DID NOT WANT GET TOGETHER

Good reply! :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    I'm not sure how meaningful it'll be to form your own club. Ok so you now have a group of friends, but you could have friends to begin with without the EP. As people have said, there are no new activities other than dancing. So what is a "basketball" group going to do? I bet they're going to "talk" about basketball. That's all. And what is a book club going to do? Read? Hell no, sims can't sit still for more than a minute, no they'll "talk" about books. And it'll be the same for every single type of club you can create.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited August 2015
    lexxsims wrote: »
    Let me say this again! WE, REAL FANS or FANS THAT CARES about this franchise, complain just because we CARE about this franchise and its future. It's obvious that they could've made an excellent game. There's a lot of possibilities, we are in 2015 11818324_10207231590366864_1501203763_n.gif?oh=12315ca16785efdf8bef20ddf4a143f8&oe=55D450AE

The real fans lol... sorry that's just funny. You don't even see that your original post invites people in who are not part of your "we". If you had worded it differently not so many of us .. umm none true fans? in your vision would have come in to disagree.
    Maybe you should have made the thread differently like : Those of that don't like the way the series is going come in and commiserate. Here look at this video it shows just what I feel... Then it wouldn't be flame bait to a larger community you don't seem to be willing to see (la, la, la much?)

I'm not part of your "we" either though. I played the original Sims and Sims 2. I care about the future of the sims. I want a game that is playable to me and I have it now so the future is much brighter for me to have a game I...and looking around the thread .. others enjoy.
    Those sour grapes kicking in yet?
    Post edited by Hermitgirl on
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    DyingLight wrote: »
    It's laughable how the sims 4 simmers are attacking the sims 3, which has nothing to do with the lack of content in the sims 4. This is not about which game is better, it's about the devs offering us watered down content thst no one asked for.
    Lol seriously see this so much.

Me: Sims 4 lacks some basic features.
    Someone: Yeah well Sims 3 was glitchy and lagged so much.
    Me: But im not talking about Sims 3...
    Someone: Sims 3 sucks
    Me: ???

You see it allot more the other way around and more aggressively.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited August 2015
    I have to agree with the guy in the video, but it's okay. Really! I still have all my Sims games from the past and I continue to play those. This new game is just not cutting it and this new addition doesn't appear to change that direction.

edit b/c I can't type
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    Ι want get together!
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    The majority wants Get Together. o:)

I second this. I want anything that we haven't had before. Thumbs up for Get Together!

• Options
    SimCalamitySimCalamity Posts: 43 Member
    Get Together sounds fun. I'll get it, but then, I get most everything.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,084 Member
    I want Get Together. I also want Generations, University, and Metropolis.

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,084 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    DyingLight wrote: »
    It's laughable how the sims 4 simmers are attacking the sims 3, which has nothing to do with the lack of content in the sims 4. This is not about which game is better, it's about the devs offering us watered down content thst no one asked for.
    Lol seriously see this so much.

Me: Sims 4 lacks some basic features.
    Someone: Yeah well Sims 3 was glitchy and lagged so much.
    Me: But im not talking about Sims 3...
    Someone: Sims 3 sucks
    Me: ???

You see it allot more the other way around and more aggressively.

Exactly. It works both ways.

Me: I love the Sims 4.
    Someone: Yeah but Sims 2 had (insert feature).
    Me: I love the way you can (insert feature) in Sims 4.
    Someone: Yeah but Sims 3 had (insert feature).
  • Options
    simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
    Who says i didn't want it. I wanted it so bad. Get together makes the game more realistic, now i can see sims going out not alone. Fix the title please!
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I want it. Speak for yourself please.
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited August 2015
    I used to work for this guys sims 4 news site lol so I sort of know him on a semi-personal/more like acquaintances. The thing is with him is he only sees his own points and that's it, he sees his own opinion as what everybody else wants!
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    WE DID NOT WANT GET TOGETHER
    I did. Am I chopped liver? Having new ways of communicating with other sims is exactly what I want.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,790 Member
    For those of you unhappy about the closet in this EP, it's another place for woohoo. Some like to have choices for this. I'm not at all unhappy with this EP, I look forward to it. And, we've had only a very short trailer to tease us. There may be more to it, than we're thinking.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm not part of the OP's "We".
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I personally like that they're experimenting with new things. Like... um... some guy once said, "People don't know what they want unless they have it." I'm not saying this doesn't mean they shouldn't forget a bunch of stuff, but I'm confident that we're going to get those features at some point.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    There will always be people who dont want SP/EP/GP "Insert title" so are we going to see a silly thread like this every time they announce something?
  • Options
    EvaliynEvaliyn Posts: 129 Member
    I want this ep for sure, I want clubs and the new word. I understand the frustration, I felt the same when I saw the presentation at gamecom... We need more information for sure but it's too early for that since the ep only will be released in November. I feel that we will have more things to do not only the ones we saw in the trailer, and for the club system...this will be a fresh new thing that some simmers wanted from the very first start, like me. I already had a lot of ideas that I want to implement in my game with this expansion <3
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2015
    Hi :)

Sorry but the Title is wrong - the Video is we don't "NEED" this expansion right now. They are saying* Many might want it and find it fun but it* isn't one we NEED Right Now in the release order of this series. - I can agree with that.

Many might want it but there's other areas of the Sims life simulator which feels missing that this expansion just doesn't seem to be a great 2nd or 3rd or maybe 4th expansion. - imo2

So, no need to get upset, no one is going to take it away from you. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    @Rflong7
    I don't see anyone "upset" but the OP actually. I'll reserve judgement on the need. The groups/club aspect looks like it could become a core element in my game play. I may very well "need" it to help gel further packs in the future. I'll tell you after I play :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Rflong7
    I don't see anyone "upset" but the OP actually. I'll reserve judgement on the need. The groups/club aspect looks like it could become a core element in my game play. I may very well "need" it to help gel further packs in the future. I'll tell you after I play :).

You don't?

Good for you! Happy Simming. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Right back atcha ;)
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Right back atcha ;)

Was that for me? :)

I never get the wink... I'm never sure of a wink after a comment like that. But I'll take it as a 'Have a Nice day." Back atcha, either way. ;)