Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR Do I HATE The Sims?

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,084 Member
    I think that @Phreakingdee isn't doing anyone a service with his latest review. I'd like to make my own mind up on whether or not I should buy something. I've put him on my 'possible unsub, stop feeding the Patreon' list after that one.
    I also find it weird that people who moan about a game that's seriously lacking in stuff to their eyes, support a review that petitions for EA to make less stuff. That doesn't add up at all, when you think about it.
    There's also such a thing as consumer-responsibility. You can't be nickle&dimed if you stop pulling your wallet for every new shiney that's put up. What I took away from the video was entitled whining that lays the blame with the seller, as if people are forced to buy new stuff the day it is out there. And that's not the case.
    It's good to see a game that I thought was going nowhere to be supported like this. OR and GTW were gamechangers. Spa-Day is just great as it fits in how I used to live before I fell ill. Lots of sports, but also lots of relaxing. Great stuff. More items on hand also provides more options during play and having more options is always good. TS4 has become a better game because of it, but in all reality one doesn't need the stuffpacks. They're there if you want them, for a friendly price. Wait till a sale is on and the price will be even friendlier. So yeah, EA should keep it up like this. They might even wean me off TS3 alltogether one day. Who knows?

I don't see people complaining about lack of stuff but rather lack of stuff to do. While we have a lot of clothes, hair and clutter, we don't have very many venues and even fewer group activities.
    We have Newcrest so we can build it ourselves or pilfer the Gallery for it. Newcrest was free and anything you get from the Gallery too. I also think it to be quite odd that people complain about not having much to do in a game that's supposed to spark your creativity and imagination.

My problem is I have so many ideas of what I want to do with Newcrest that it's hard to decide. So many awesome creators have built so many awesome lots and its hard to choose among them. I think I've only completed three lots. Need to take another look at that Newcrest thread.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I watched this video yesterday and I so agree with him. I don't think I've ever watched his reviews before. I just got a new phone though, and I can better watch videos online with it and I immediately looked it up when I saw it mentioned in the Family Play thread over in feedback.

I love 3, and I like 2, but when he mentioned the shift in The Sims especially with stuff packs in 2 and halfway through 3, I totally got that. Stuff packs, I think, were mostly a money maker thing. The fact that they're convenient for simmers who may or may not want certain items always seemed like a bit of a moderate to weak cover. And that is the same cover used to explain the Sims 3 store. 'Well, this is so simmers can pick and choose what content they want without buying a whole EP or SP,' but if that were truly the case, why couldn't each and every piece of every set and venue be bought singularly? You only want that one piece of premium content? That only comes when you pay 1,900 in simpoints but you get the other stuff you weren't interested in too! :smiley::expressionless:

And why the prices? Why does it cost so much, and then you try and use a little trickery (because when the Sims 3 store began, I recall a lot of people wondering how much in cash things actually were and why they couldn't simplify things by simply using the correct amount of currency for the different countries)? The Sims 3 was when they really started making a grab for money, and that probably would've been tolerable for most people if the shift in the game itself hadn't occurred. Somewhere around Showtime was when I definitely felt something shift. Simport specifically was when things felt different, and it wasn't just the Katy Perry stuff.

Again, this could be moderately to weakly covered by the fact that a few of us wanted to explore friends games, and they gave us the option to turn things off, but the fact that it was there was like a warning sign considering.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    MaryJos wrote: »

Maybe you're getting too old for this game... ? You said something like this the other day anyways... You come off as so angry over some silly game... Maybe you should find something else to do ? I don't know...

If ANYone's unhappy with a product, staying silent is in no way the correct way of addressing it. Forums here are for many things and giving positive AND negative feedback are all part of it.
    On the other hand, there's only so much voicing your unhappiness before you become a crusty one trick pony that has people rolling their eyes whenever you open your mouth.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I think that @Phreakingdee isn't doing anyone a service with his latest review. I'd like to make my own mind up on whether or not I should buy something. I've put him on my 'possible unsub, stop feeding the Patreon' list after that one.
    I also find it weird that people who moan about a game that's seriously lacking in stuff to their eyes, support a review that petitions for EA to make less stuff. That doesn't add up at all, when you think about it.
    There's also such a thing as consumer-responsibility. You can't be nickle&dimed if you stop pulling your wallet for every new shiney that's put up. What I took away from the video was entitled whining that lays the blame with the seller, as if people are forced to buy new stuff the day it is out there. And that's not the case.
    It's good to see a game that I thought was going nowhere to be supported like this. OR and GTW were gamechangers. Spa-Day is just great as it fits in how I used to live before I fell ill. Lots of sports, but also lots of relaxing. Great stuff. More items on hand also provides more options during play and having more options is always good. TS4 has become a better game because of it, but in all reality one doesn't need the stuffpacks. They're there if you want them, for a friendly price. Wait till a sale is on and the price will be even friendlier. So yeah, EA should keep it up like this. They might even wean me off TS3 alltogether one day. Who knows?

I don't see people complaining about lack of stuff but rather lack of stuff to do. While we have a lot of clothes, hair and clutter, we don't have very many venues and even fewer group activities.
    We have Newcrest so we can build it ourselves or pilfer the Gallery for it. Newcrest was free and anything you get from the Gallery too. I also think it to be quite odd that people complain about not having much to do in a game that's supposed to spark your creativity and imagination.

My problem is I have so many ideas of what I want to do with Newcrest that it's hard to decide. So many awesome creators have built so many awesome lots and its hard to choose among them. I think I've only completed three lots. Need to take another look at that Newcrest thread.
    Oh, for sure. Newcrest reminds me of Viper-valley in TS2. You can look at the map and wonder if you're not thinking big enough. I'm hoping that public-space editing will be a thing in the future, as Newcrest is awesome for it.

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I LOVE LGR!!!! He says what a lot of us are thinking! I love the series and I do like TS4 but it missing a few key things that I need to make the game enjoyable. I haven't given up playing I do load the game up to build on my empty lots and venues, but game play and dishing out money is on hold until my Sims have fair amount of group activities. So far this new EP sounds like it isn't adding enough. We need new venue options for the "clubs" to go and hang out in!!!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    PawsNyuuPawsNyuu Posts: 142 Member
    Thank you for sharing this video. He puts my thoughts into words and I couldn't agree with him more.

I hope that it isn't too late for this franchise.
    Origin ID: NyuuMoe
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited August 2015
    If ANYone's unhappy with a product, staying silent is in no way the correct way of addressing it. Forums here are for many things and giving positive AND negative feedback are all part of it.

Oh, it addresses it...for the people who want you to shut up and go away. Too bad for them suffering in silence gets you nowhere.
    Post edited by Darkling on
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Love the video! My new hero.

And, would like to say being creative doesn't just involved building the prettiest house and the prettiest sim. I don't need more stuff to be creative. I do need game play though, emotions that are not overdone, or don't work at all, goals that I chose for my sims, not ones that the games tell me I have to do. I don't need to 'win' this game. I can build beautiful houses and awesome sims (not color coordinated anymore though), but, if the tools for creative play are not there and all they do is grin and chat and play with their frikken phone, forget it. I am not a hater, I am not a basher, I am not a cheerleader, I am not a whiner. I am a fan who wants her playstyle. I am very happy that some folks are able to love Sims4 as it is. I want more and better. Thank you very much.
    If the core of TS4 is rotten to you, then whatever EA comes up with won't make it better. TS4 will never become the game that you want it to be.

• Options
    SimCalamitySimCalamity Posts: 43 Member
    I can understand his frustration with The Sims 4. He states his case very well. I don't really agree with him. At least I don't feel the same way about the game and EAs handling of the franchise. As far as additional stuff being released, it isn't any different than what was released for the first 3 Sims games except it's being released closer together as packages. Honestly I'm ok with that. I much prefer that to the The Sims store releasing content every month.
  • Options
    StaceyUK wrote: »
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Love the video! My new hero.

And, would like to say being creative doesn't just involved building the prettiest house and the prettiest sim. I don't need more stuff to be creative. I do need game play though, emotions that are not overdone, or don't work at all, goals that I chose for my sims, not ones that the games tell me I have to do. I don't need to 'win' this game. I can build beautiful houses and awesome sims (not color coordinated anymore though), but, if the tools for creative play are not there and all they do is grin and chat and play with their frikken phone, forget it. I am not a hater, I am not a basher, I am not a cheerleader, I am not a whiner. I am a fan who wants her playstyle. I am very happy that some folks are able to love Sims4 as it is. I want more and better. Thank you very much.
    If the core of TS4 is rotten to you, then whatever EA comes up with won't make it better. TS4 will never become the game that you want it to be.

Exactly. With TS2 and TS3 most playstyles were catered to and people could play the game how they wished. This isn't the case with TS4. All people are asking for is to play the game the way they want to. People want to support this game, but feel unable to with the game in its current state. When people complain its because they love the Sims franchise, not because they hate it.

If you like the game, that's great. Other players who feel excluded should still have their voices heard.
    Or maybe they should realise that once they have expressed their concerns, the other installments in the franchise are still valid. I don't agree with everything that's going on with TS4 too, but there's a point where one has to accept that things are the way things are. Returning day after day to be miserable over the same things achieves nothing, other than that one gets one's daily dose of affirmation and confirmation bias from the same individuals over and over again.
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    This thread still going huh?
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    This thread still going huh?

Yeah...'fraid so...I was actually hoping we would get more cat pics here, but you can't have everything I guess.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited August 2015
    I feel like he's said in other videos whether something was worth the purchase or not so that doesn't bother me. Actually I expect it as it's a review. Even so, the final say is mine as I can make up my own mind.

To be honest some of his sims 4 reviews annoyed me because I thought he was being too generous with his compliments, but I recognize that it's his opinion and not mine. I don't disagree with his last two videos; at least not completely.

I actually do not mind monthly content. I like the idea. I just want the execution to be of quality, regardless of if I'm interested in the theme.

I don't need him to review every stuff pack. I'd be fine with just eps or eps and gps. There's not a whole lot to say about "clutter". I'll leave stuff pack show cases to the let's players who almost require them (sp).

He reviews and makes videos about more than the sims. If you don't find his content suits you any more then unsubscribe, that's fine. I hope he continues to talk about what he enjoys to talk about instead of feeling bitter and "forced" into reviewing something he doesn't agree with (to an extent).
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    SimCalamitySimCalamity Posts: 43 Member
    > @MrSimmis said:
    > This thread still going huh?

Like the energizer bunny.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    > @MrSimmis said:
    > This thread still going huh?

Like the energizer bunny.

It will soon reach this state:

555178_327038577370191_126894987384552_751266_583862499_n.jpg

bunnylets are almost as good as cats
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Or maybe they should realise that once they have expressed their concerns, the other installments in the franchise are still valid. I don't agree with everything that's going on with TS4 too, but there's a point where one has to accept that things are the way things are. Returning day after day to be miserable over the same things achieves nothing, other than that one gets one's daily dose of affirmation and confirmation bias from the same individuals over and over again.

Translation:

"Shut up and go away. We're tired of hearing it. You've had your say; now go away and leave these forums to those of us who worship at the altar of EA and love everything Sims 4. Your endless complaints are bumming us out. Go way. Do it now."

Let's not kid ourselves folks. That's what people like this poster here, and others who agree with him and find endless different ways of saying it are *really* saying. That we are not welcome here unless we come to sing the praises of The Sims 4. These people are perfectly content with the endless checklists, the requirements to achieve certain goals, heck, even the checklists that are a part of the community lot system (because people are too unintelligent to know how to create a bar, for example, so they must be told what kind of furniture and objects they must have in order to make a game-recognized bar).

People like this will keep the franchise going a bit longer, but even so, the ones who used to love this game and are now getting disappointed by it keep leaving and moving on to other things. There may be plenty of those who do love this game, but don't post here.

Eventually though, this forum will become a ghost town...like all the other Sims forums where a game was tried and failed.

That's not what I took away from what you quoted and that's certainly not how I feel about it. I love reading new ideas on how to improve the game. I love to read constructive criticisms. The key word is constructive.

I don't blindly love the game. I have made countless threads on how to improve the game, even though I do love it. I have shared my thoughts and ideas on the checklists, and how we can make this game more open ended and customizable and they were shot down, reject by those who want them removed permanently. Some people do enjoy the goal oriented play, and you know what it's not a bad thing. People are entitled to like what they like.

As far as the venue lists are concerned: The checklists are set in place for venues so they work properly. Sims are coded to do specified actions in different lots, so the build needs to accommodate them. I don't take it as an insult to my intelligence either.

I agree that constructive criticism is good and healthy for the game. It's the constant nonconstructive sarcastic posts that are draining.
  • Options
    PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    He speaks for me as a die-hard fans..... i don't mind to pay money for the game. I been with this game for 15 years since sim 1. but the game lost it soul... the relationship, the interactions, the family, the fun and life simulation, the core value. Adding the stuff, the outlook, the beautiful building... these will eventually make us boring. Yeah, it's look like adding more outer things, but the core value of sims, sims 2 with story progress, with life, with imitate relationship and people will be jealous so on. It lost all the fun way as it should be.

My sister visited my home lately and try to play the latest sims 4 . Not even last for 5 mins she get boring and she said that is not fun. When she was 10, she want to game over to my house to play sims 2 in almost every other weekend. She enjoy to make crazy relationship to make people jealous, make all the funny things go on in town. She said Sims 4 looks very nice in outlook but very stupid in interaction, it just boring.

I like the way LGR express. He speaks very true and terrible mistake that The Sims team is doing. If is going on like this. We as a die hard fans just give up to play because it lost is what's core as it should have.