The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New EP - Get Together *Updated*

Comments

• Options
    MorphmanMorphman Posts: 7 New Member
    I got up at 4am to hear this news nice they gave them a whole 5 min
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    lyra wrote: »
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=KQztTRE8fRQ

That was just so, so embarrassing to watch. If there was ever a doubt in my mind that this game is aimed for the 12 year old, bro single life party scene, there's no doubt now.

Rachel seems like a person who refuses to believe anyone but her own mantra and beliefs...

The thing is - singles are the fast growing demographic in the western nations.

A UK marketing report talking about the benefits of targeting singles:

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/article/1168570/2013-year-single
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    MwpugaMwpuga Posts: 13 New Member
    @burntcheese223 Kinda like into the future where your sims has 32 new sleep animation features.
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    Could be interesting; I'm not really into partying so I hope they include various options to chose from.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    Bonsai747Bonsai747 Posts: 121 Member
    I honestly like the idea of this pack, it reminds me of TS2 Freetime. I really just don't think it's what TS4 needs right now. Maxis needs to focus on getting the base game up to scratch before they begin pumping out content that, honestly, no one really asked for.
    Also the announcement for this pack at Gamescom was... seriously one of the worst things I have seen. It made me feel genuinely very embarrassed to be a simmer.
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    lyra wrote: »
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=KQztTRE8fRQ

That was just so, so embarrassing to watch. If there was ever a doubt in my mind that this game is aimed for the 12 year old, bro single life party scene, there's no doubt now.

Rachel seems like a person who refuses to believe anyone but her own mantra and beliefs...

The thing is - singles are the fast growing demographic in the western nations.

A UK marketing report talking about the benefits of targeting singles:

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/article/1168570/2013-year-single

Very true, and exactly why they're targeting singles.

Sad because I've been playing Sims 1 since I was a kid and I didn't care for or need the trendy party life scene to enjoy the game.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Get Together? is that a party and togetherness EP? What is the main theme?
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member

I think that's just it - partying and doing things as a group.

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited August 2015

That is the main theme.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    hope1275hope1275 Posts: 264 Member
    When I bought Sims 4, I was so excited about the way they touted emotions, but emotions need social settings, relationship interactions and shared activities in order to really come to life. With so little to do as it is (and how isolating I'm finding GTW is to play,) I'm not sure about having to buy what I feel should have been included with the base game. It's good that they're adding it, it's just hard for me to get enthusiastic about it.

I'm happy that others like it so far, but it's a pass for me this time around.

z8Bu8FZ.gif

• Options

There is something about new emotional states and /or interactions, but only very vague information has been given. I am curious about that myself - telepathy?
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    AGDorenAGDoren Posts: 17 New Member
    > @Bonsai747 said:
    > I honestly like the idea of this pack, it reminds me of TS2 Freetime. I really just don't think it's what TS4 needs right now. Maxis needs to focus on getting the base game up to scratch before they begin pumping out content that, honestly, no one really asked for.
    > Also the announcement for this pack at Gamescom was... seriously one of the worst things I have seen. It made me feel genuinely very embarrassed to be a simmer.

Did you play TS2 FreeTime? I didn't see anything in this trailer that made me think of the Freetime EP?
  • Options
    InsanityInsanity Posts: 54 Member
    edited August 2015
    Get it together, EA. I love The Sims 4, but I have mixed feelings about Get Together. I'm going to get it still. Honestly, couldn't they have thought of a better idea for an Expansion Pack? Out of everything they could come up with, they decide to throw in a medieval village with parties? Wow, that says alot. I was so excited for today and stayed up all night, though all I saw was a three minute presentation of something that could've been a Game Pack. However, I still like TS4 and will give GT a go. The title still cringes me, lol.
  • Options
    robiokosrobiokos Posts: 16 Member
    The presentation was a mess. The trailer did not convince me because even though I do love the new world it seems like there is nothing new. We can dance! And buy coffee! And dance some more! *yawns* There isn't any key feature in this pack, no apartments, no restaurants, no celebrtiy/popularity system. So yeah it's a no from me.
  • Options
    Insanity wrote: »
    Get it together, EA. I love The Sims 4, but I have mixed feelings about Get Together. I'm going to get it still. Honestly, couldn't they have thought of a better idea for an Expansion Pack? Out of everything they could come up with, they decide to throw in a medieval village with parties? Wow, that says alot. I was so excited for today and stayed up all night, though all I saw was a three minute presentation of something that could've been a Game Pack. However, I still like TS4 and will give GT a go. The title still cringes me, lol.

Hey, us folk that live surrounded by medieval architecture have parties too!
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

That's great. Can you invite the Sims team and keep them there?

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

That's great. Can you invite the Sims team and keep them there?

Would be an absolute pleasure :) I suspect they would have thoroughly good time round here.

My point is not all parties happen in the 'burbs.

I am pleased the game is getting some buildings that are actually not too far off in looks to those I can see out of my window, rather than an American 'burb.

We even have electricity and running water
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    no. this expansion pack lets you control a group of sims at once. if you saw the video there is a group of girls wearing the same outfit and doing the same dance routine. i love this pack and i hope from here we can have a seasons!!!!.

Maybe they are clones from the science career
  • Options
    jimbbq wrote: »
    no. this expansion pack lets you control a group of sims at once. if you saw the video there is a group of girls wearing the same outfit and doing the same dance routine. i love this pack and i hope from here we can have a seasons!!!!.

Maybe they are clones from the science career

Then that would be some cool gameplay right there :)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Is this a joke? Another party EP for single Sims? Barf.

I, for one, am eagerly anticipating the new EP. I have been married for 25 years (this week, actually) and my wife and I still love to go dancing in the clubs. Your Sims are only as old as they feel.

• Options
    ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    I'm pretty disappointed. I know some are saying to wait until we have more info which I usually agree with, however with them already listing the "Key Features" it doesn't seem promising. This should not even be an expansion IMO. It WILL be the first one I'm skipping unless there's a lot more they're not telling us. I will not pay $39.99 for a washed down version of an EP, sorry.

Oh and that dancing, I feel so embarrassed for them, trying way too hard to show that it's more than it actually is. We weren't born yesterday @SimGuruRachel :|
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    Tellex wrote: »
    Sums up EA/The Sims Studio logic for me

2zgg7k8.png

this was too funny

hysterical-laughter-wallpapers-1.jpg

• Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited August 2015
    We already have dancing, drinking coffee, parties and swimming. :( I'm not sure why I'd buy an entire expansion pack just so I can have more of that.

The world looks beautiful, though, and the ruins look cool. I'm also excited about the private island. I hope it's not a secret location that's insanely difficult to get to. I hope we can have a house there.

Where are the pets, vampires, seasons and toddlers? (I want them in that order, by the way.)
  • Options
    Bonsai747Bonsai747 Posts: 121 Member
    edited August 2015
    AGDoren wrote: »
    > @Bonsai747 said:
    > I honestly like the idea of this pack, it reminds me of TS2 Freetime. I really just don't think it's what TS4 needs right now. Maxis needs to focus on getting the base game up to scratch before they begin pumping out content that, honestly, no one really asked for.
    > Also the announcement for this pack at Gamescom was... seriously one of the worst things I have seen. It made me feel genuinely very embarrassed to be a simmer.

Did you play TS2 FreeTime? I didn't see anything in this trailer that made me think of the Freetime EP?

When I think of Freetime, I think of activities and hobbies my sims can do in their leisure time. That's the sort of vibe the trailer gave me, with a bit of Nightlife thrown in there.
    I might be wrong, I'm just going off what I saw in the trailer and the feeling I personally got about it.
  • Options
    ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    Lindsmd113 wrote: »
    What is everyone so mad about? I just watched the trailer, I see awesome new world with beaches, swimming in the lake, closets, finally better dancing, proper nightlife! Yeah I want toddlers too but I think it's awesome were getting a night life like EP

@Lindsmd113 I'm not mad, I'm disappointed. They could have done so much better for a theme like this, updated features that we already have doesn't scream EP to me. I don't even care if we get toddlers or not, but geez give us good EPs. I don't expect every one of my desires to be thrown into one EP, but I do expect something to scream out and tell me to buy this. For the first time in the Sims franchise.....it hasn't. Again, unless there's more they're holding back, I'm not holding my breath though.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!