Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers make their return - the Sims 4 cure all?

Comments

• Options
    Dizzy1103Dizzy1103 Posts: 5 New Member
    The sims 4 CAS and build mode is better than it has ever been hands down. I believe the sims 4 has the potential to be phenomenal. With that being said, it is almost unforgivable to have left out so many interval parts of the game. Most notably in my opinion toddlers and babies. Toddlers gone and babies are nothing more than a crib. They were one of my favorite parts of the game. I also HATE that teens look exactly like adults. I would pay for the expansion pack that makes playable, movable babies, toddlers, and recognizable teens apart of this game. Maybe even add in another life stage like pre-teen. The sims is about playing with life and building and bonding with family is a great part of life that I would love to continue to simulate. I would hope these suggestions are being considered I believe these things are undoutably more necessary than aliens, and vampires.
  • Options
    Checksky3Checksky3 Posts: 906 Member
    Dizzy1103 wrote: »
    The sims 4 CAS and build mode is better than it has ever been hands down. I believe the sims 4 has the potential to be phenomenal. With that being said, it is almost unforgivable to have left out so many interval parts of the game. Most notably in my opinion toddlers and babies. Toddlers gone and babies are nothing more than a crib. They were one of my favorite parts of the game. I also HATE that teens look exactly like adults. I would pay for the expansion pack that makes playable, movable babies, toddlers, and recognizable teens apart of this game. Maybe even add in another life stage like pre-teen. The sims is about playing with life and building and bonding with family is a great part of life that I would love to continue to simulate. I would hope these suggestions are being considered I believe these things are undoutably more necessary than aliens, and vampires.

Very well put I feel the exact same especially on the toddlers aspect and the fact that the family life should be more necessary than vampires and aliens. I just hope they are not like the babies and not tied to anything or cannot travel with you.
    Origin ID: CuddlesKatie
  • Options
    crzygrl13crzygrl13 Posts: 53 Member
    My questions is this since 4 is so advanced from all the others when they do (and they will) bring back toddlers in CAS can the kid stand up so we can dress them cute and see what it is we are even dressing them in. Ok stupid rant over
  • Options
    MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    If/when toddlers are added, people will find something else to complain about. It's the nature of human beings.

True.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    EmmieLovesYouEmmieLovesYou Posts: 1 New Member
    I loved toddlers in the Sims 3 they were so cute. Not having them in the Sims 4 was extremely disappointing. I mean because you know when I'm pregnant and have a baby and that baby grows up it skips the whole toddler stage and is just a child...Logic. Regardless of EA's mistake of not adding toddlers (idiotic move) I still enjoyed some of the new features that they added. And honestly the thing that is worst than not having toddlers is how there is a loading screen whenever you want to visit a different lot. That was more disappointing than not having toddlers. :|
  • Options
    zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    I just saw 'Toddlers make their return' and got so happy.. But.. No.. :disappointed:
  • Options
    meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    edited April 2015
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    So I've been bouncing about these forums having read, started and joined many a discussion and without fail toddlers always come up - with the demand for them.

I know, shocking insight!

Seriously though, toddler discussions by themselves get thousands of views and replies, with many simmers swearing off the game until their included once again and many others see the game as broken until their returned. Then it seems everyday we get new hate topics which always mentioned the lack of toddlers, like they are the end of all of the Sims 4 problems.

Truly to all of you, is their lack of game presence REALLY destroying your ability to play the game? Does it all truly hinge on toddlers?

I DO understand the argument that you feel ripped off because content you feel was key to game play was removed, that EA owes it to you because you gave them your money - but you also paid for content you know didn't include toddlers to begin with. They didn't lie to you, you weren't forced to buy it sans toddler, you bought it by choice. If you didn't buy it, then good, that was your choice too.

Ironically a lot of people, people who LIKE toddlers have commented in various topics how annoying toddlers are in previous games too. Well lets put that in prospective.

The Sims 4 has emotions now.

Which means so will toddlers.

I want you to think about that for a second. ANYBODY that has ever had kids or babysat toddlers will know what I'm getting at.

I honestly fear the return of toddlers in the Sims 4 - they will likely be a complete chore to play, if not the most annoying life stage of all time and honestly - I wouldn't put it beyond the developers to make Toddlers utterly "emotional realistic" in doing so, with a "well you want toddlers, so here you go" attitude.

The better question is, do toddlers justify the huge amount of attention they generate? Or is it a matter of principal of content expectation of a Sims game regardless? Will their re-inclusion some how fix all the wrongs the Sims 4 has committed?

Beyond that I truly believe if you don't like the game now and toddlers are the first thing you complain about, well lets face its, it will still be the same game in all but one regard...

edited for grammar

Many simmers are swearing off the game until toddlers are included once again and many do see the game as broken until their returned. Its quite obvious with all the post mentioning the lack of toddlers. However toddlers are NOT the end of all of the Sims 4 problems its the beginning of its problem following by many other.

Is the lack of toddler in the game REALLY destroying our ability to play the game? Yes the game seems empty to many. I personally was sold on the sims2 when I saw the toddlers. Frankly I didn't care a bit for the Sims2 when the idea 1st came out until I saw the toddlers. I literally said "awe... I want this game"! Then I joined the count down for the Sims2.

Unfortunately when the Sims 4 was announced my pc had been down for over 6 mos. I used my smartphone if I needed to go online. Since I really couldn't play the game on my smartphone I had no reason to keep up on the Sims. When I finally got a lap top I decided to return to my beloved Sims games on origin. That is when I discovered the Sims 4 and outdoor. Naturally I got excited and bought it.

Call it naive if you want because I bought it without researching. But I call it being a loyal 15 yrs Sims player. You can imagine my shock when I saw an infant turn into a 10 year old! It was horrible! It was scarring! How could they damage the game in such a manner? It was bad enough there was no open world, the neighborhood was lame and they returned the loading screens...! See they can mess with all this but do not mess with the family play!

IS THEIR LACK OF PRESENCE IN GAME REALLY DESTROYING OUR ABILITY TO PLAY? YES!

Toddlers were the first stage of interacting and bonding between Sims. As a baby all they can do is lay there. As a toddler you can begin to control and shape their lives (or destroy them hahaha :D>:) ). They are a chance to say we raised our sims. Our sims know to walk, talk, and use the bathroom because we thought them! Jumping them into children robs us of the ability to fully control our sims upbringing! Jumping into a child mode takes the fun out of having babies!

So there are people who don't LIKE toddlers. They consider them annoying. Well lets put that in prospective. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM THAN SKIP THEM! We were in no way forced to play that age group. Heck if you don't like babies in general just skip them all together. That is why we have had birthday cakes, CAS and edit in CAS

As for emotions... what on earth is the big deal about emotions! The game has always had emotions. This concept of this being a new feature is ridiculous. Its like they are trying to pull the wool over our eyes. In the Sims1, Sims2, and sims3 did we really need the word sad writen out to understand our crying sim was sad?!? When our sims fell to the floor whimpering did we need the word depressed written out to understand our sims were having a nervous break down!?! Emotions ha! Now thats a joke. The written "Emotions" are not going to make toddlers any more challenging to play compared to any other age group.

The game isn't much to play as it is right now. So many of us who are family orientated would prefer to have toddlers in the game because at least then we would have something interesting to do. It is a style of playing. Removing it removes the style in which we played. So yes for those who adore toddlers the return of toddlers would greatly improve the game.

CONTINUING TO BOYCOTT UNTIL THE RETURN OF TODDLERS!
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    MAFEBISI wrote: »
    That's why I think Maxis should make a MySims 2 for teenagers only with adult life stage with much party, motherlode and offline. So they could make The Sims return to their original idea. Who thinks the toddlers life stage is "annoying" or "boring" is because they clearly don't know take care of them. I really want to toddlers back in the game (it helps me a lot with immersion in the game), but their return will fix all this "plum" that The Sims 4 become? NO. :p

Um MySims is a totally different game...
  • Options
    Ken_Carson_SimKen_Carson_Sim Posts: 54 Member
    More lots and toddlers.. I know they know it. We need them in our game.
  • Options
    cey5cey5 Posts: 79 Member
    Toddlers are very much needed. Without them the game has no family aspect. The life-less babies are creepy and limited. The whole family play is awful and I miss it soooo much.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited April 2015
    I could care one way or the other about toddlers in the game. I just think that if they are in the game there will be something else for all these posters to complain about. "I am not buying the game because of________" fine, don't buy the game, pretty easy. Anyway I do not think toddlers in the game is a be all end all, the people that want them are just more vocal then the rest of us. I am not saying they should not be in the game, not a t all, they just are not the be all to end all the game needs more things and IMO toddlers are a minor need. I would really hate to see the toddlers be introduced and be in a playpen or walker and not have any interactions like the baby stage.
  • Options
    thesims3mermaidthesims3mermaid Posts: 180 Member
    edited May 2015
    Toddlers please. Toddlers won't be the cure all because other people are mad about not having an open world aspect. People are also kind of upset by the fact that there was more in the Sims 3 base game then there were in the Sims 4 base game. By the way, I didn't think toddlers were annoying at all. I really loved the toddlers very much. They were just so adorable. I often would just keep my kids in the toddler stage because they are just so cute. Sure, they are a handful, but it was totally worth it for me. The return of toddlers please.
    7Ar0t8G.png

Or do both and create yourself as a mermaid.
  • Options
    SimmingWithStarsSimmingWithStars Posts: 439 Member
    Well, I HATE HATE HATE the babies, but I don't want them to be kids straight away! So yes, toddlers are needed.
    Currently doing one of the following:
      - Eating - Sleeping - Simming - Reading - Watching 90s Sitcoms - Drinking tea - Wearing socks.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited May 2015
    until you get the death emotion because your sim can't stand the toddler crying.
    IE One of my sims was learning to play the vilion and the wife was watching tv her emotions went from happy to tense and she looked liked she was going to do something mean. The moodlet said wakeful music.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    SimsdxSimsdx Posts: 210 Member
    Toddlers or no Toddlers? The game is a train wreck with all these missing features :s
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 you misleading title. I screamed with happiness when I saw this and the hubby jumped in shock and spilt his wine, you owe me a new rug!
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Beyond that I truly believe if you don't like the game now and toddlers are the first thing you complain about, well lets face its, it will still be the same game in all but one regard...

Let me start off by saying that I have to disagree with this bit. You have a point, but for me, as a Family Player of the game. This is not the case. I love playing families. I love being able to take two Sims that I've created in CAS and watch them grow. Watching as they form a relationship with one another, or even... not because they cannot seem to get along and are not interested in each other.. but that's when I have to work harder to get them to fall in love. Adds a little more challenge, or drama and then I can create a new person for them, if it's just not happening.

Then of course, there's growing their friendships with other Sims that I've created.. and having a nice big wedding, then comes to little ones. (Of course before the little ones, if we have a vacation/resort expansion pack.. that would be nice to explore before we start popping out babies. ;P), but then it's on to starting their family and this is the part I LOVE. Because now, my two favorite Sims that I've kind of fallen in love with and enjoy playing and have become 'attached' to in the sense of, I really have fun playing with them, they make me laugh, and I kind of create them these personalities that are just really unique and allow me to enjoy playing them instead of becoming bored and then creating new Sims.. and starting all over again.

That's what I love about the game.. especially when I create two Sims that I cannot stop playing. It took me a really long time to make two Sims that made me not want to play any other family in the Sims 3 besides them (and their best friends). Basically, their story-line.

Once their family starts to grow.. I get to watch their children grow up and see the different genetics and how each one looks like their parents that I created. I get to shape their personalities and even form a "favorite" of all the children and follow that child into Young Adulthood so that he/she can become the heir of the family. But I still like playing and seeing how each child grows up and how they become as a young adult. And create a story-line for them and create a special Sim for them.

That's just my play-style. I like to create Families with different scenarios and I like to plan things and kind of create this story for each family I make. They say, "You create, you control, you rule." But.. I feel a little limited.

I like the game.. there are lots of things that I absolutely love about this game. However, there the family play is definitely lacking. While they did do a good job about couples being more involved with each other (and I think this is going to have a lot of potential in the coming expansion packs..especially with maybe a "Late night/Night Life" Expansion, or a "Hot date" expansion, etc,). My Sims are much more romantic with one another than they were in the past. While I haven't played children much in the game yet, I've heard a lot of great things about them. Like how they have really cute interactions, objects to use, and the parents seem to be more involved with them as well.. at least when it comes to hugging them, etc. They seem like they have a lot more potential this time around and maybe won't be ignored so much with future content.

The jump from infant to child is just incredibly weird feeling. After having toddlers in our games for a good 10-11 years, it's just weird to no longer have them. The game is a life simulator; and I want all the life-stages that we had previously. It would not be the same game for me after that. I have always felt that The Sims 4 has a lot of potential and that I could not wait to see what they do with expansion packs and game packs.. and I feel like we're going to get some really great content. If toddlers are released.. it would just make me love the game even more because I finally would feel that my family play-style is at least complete in the life-stage aspect of it.

Adding to the family play-style would only improve the game for me.

I would still love more interactions, family activities, family vacations, maybe even a "family game-night" party type thing, where we could set a day to have family game night and play Sim versions of Charades, Monopoly, and other board games and stuff like that. Pets would be great for all life-stages, a generations expansion pack would be a nice addition, and even some new stuff that we've never gotten before that adds game-play for my families and my legacy style playing.. would make this game feel more whole for me.

I'm still here playing. I'm not giving up on the game, or EA. I love this game too much and I think future content is going to be amazing. I cannot wait for this game to have a few expansion packs and game packs. (Because I know very well that I am extremely spoiled by all the expansion packs, stuff packs (I prefer game packs instead), store content, and the free content we got for Sims 3. There's definitely things I miss from those expansion packs and something I would love to see added with somethings new for Sims 4. Like I said. Sims 4 has potential and I'm excited to see where EA takes it. ♥

I'm not exactly complaining.. just sad that as a family player, we're being over-looked/ignored. Okay, maybe I can't say we're being ignored yet..since we do not know if we're going to get a Generations expansion pack, or toddlers in a free patch, or more family play.. but once they've completed the series and they announce the last expansion pack and we never got the above... then yeah.. I'd feel pretty ignored, when they say "we're listening". There are thousands of cries for toddlers. So, I hope you're listening, EA.
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    I don't care for toddlers at all. I just want a butler because I'm tired of cleaning. That would really make the game sing for me.

@mangoandgypsy I haven't tried the option yet, but doesn't having a maid sort that problem? You can even have a one off maid or a regular one. :)
    HSau :)
  • Options
    gaming4life568gaming4life568 Posts: 18 New Member
    > @steve7859
    This has nothing to do with the discussion, but when I saw the sign in red about this person being banned, carry on....I thought it was for real at first. Then I thought....hhhmm, couldn't be cuz if this person was really banned their comment would be gone altogether lol. I guess I was too into the toddler ordeal...who knows ugh!
  • Options
    xena311xena311 Posts: 51 Member
    I think it would help a whole lot. The object babies are one of the weakest parts of the game and speed aging to a child is just weird with 'young' parents. Almost all of my sims are going to have kids at some point, so it makes a big gameplay difference.
  • Options
    > @Karritz said:
    > Sigzy05 wrote: »
    >
    > steve7859 wrote: »
    >
    > I think it would help out alot, i still dont think toddlers will fix all the dislike towards the game due to reading so many comments about how people are just not happy with the lack of an open world. Sadly an open world isnt possible with the sims 4 as stated by the gurus. The very least they could do is make the sub hoods open so you can visit neighbors freely, but who knows what will get be broken in the process if that were to happen.
    >
    >
    > Some people just don't understand that that is impossible, I mean open world... NOT HAPPENING get over it, you have 2 options, go back for the sims 3 or wait untill the sims 5, just because some people are not satizfied because open world isn't missing doesn't give them the right to let the game die and screw everyone who still hopes and likes this game, don't like it, be patient and wait till next gen. PEACE!
    >
    >
    > I have already exercised my choice to go back to Sims 3. I'm not buying everything being produced for Sims 4 just so the game won't die. I don't care it it survives or not. It is up to people who enjoy it to keep it alive.
    >
    > If I get tired of Sims 3 I'm sure I'll soon find something else to do without needing to worry about Sims 4 or if there may ever be a Sims 5.

> @Sigzy05 said:
    > Karritz wrote: »
    >
    > Sigzy05 wrote: »
    >
    > steve7859 wrote: »
    >
    > I think it would help out alot, i still dont think toddlers will fix all the dislike towards the game due to reading so many comments about how people are just not happy with the lack of an open world. Sadly an open world isnt possible with the sims 4 as stated by the gurus. The very least they could do is make the sub hoods open so you can visit neighbors freely, but who knows what will get be broken in the process if that were to happen.
    >
    >
    > Some people just don't understand that that is impossible, I mean open world... NOT HAPPENING get over it, you have 2 options, go back for the sims 3 or wait untill the sims 5, just because some people are not satizfied because open world isn't missing doesn't give them the right to let the game die and screw everyone who still hopes and likes this game, don't like it, be patient and wait till next gen. PEACE!
    >
    >
    >
    > I have already exercised my choice to go back to Sims 3. I'm not buying everything being produced for Sims 4 just so the game won't die. I don't care it it survives or not. It is up to people who enjoy it to keep it alive.
    >
    > If I get tired of Sims 3 I'm sure I'll soon find something else to do without needing to worry about Sims 4 or if there may ever be a Sims 5.
    >
    >

> Ok good, I wasn't expecting people to reply in such mature way, thanks :)

Well, I've ALWAYS been into life simulation games...for sure. I didn't like the Sims games at first cuz my children were young and I didn't feel that an 8 yr old should be playing a game where they have sex.....with or without being married (I may sound old fashioned...oh well) and too much of the content were/is for older children IMO. So, I never took another look until one day I was in youtube and saw a video for Sims 3 I think....anyway, I went out and bought it. I have been playing ever since. I let my kids play just without doing certain things/under supervision....so to speak. But that wasn't even my point....lol. That is how I came to life simulation games. If you don't like the sims....go play Harvest Moon, Rune Factory or something like that. I love those games as well. I think S4 sucks w/o toddlers cuz I like playing all the life stages. It makes it more....how to say it..."real" I guess is what I was looking for. Any hoo.....everyone shouldn't be so argumentative over the toddlers and all the problems with the game. Its just a game. I can't afford to lose sleep over the S4 lol. I went back to S3 because no toddlers and just today I searched google and saw this topic....I actually thought toddlers WERE coming back...my bad!
  • Options
    xena311xena311 Posts: 51 Member
    > @Dizzy1103 said:
    > I also HATE that teens look exactly like adults. I would pay for the expansion pack that makes playable, movable babies, toddlers, and recognizable teens apart of this game. Maybe even add in another life stage like pre-teen.
    Yeah, if they had time to add that in along with toddler it might fix both the problems with baby and teen. You could go faster through them and spend more time in the new stages. Teen could just be there to represent like junior and senior year and the younger looking pre-teens could be for the after elementary school ages.
  • Options
    > @Ellessarr said:
    > TOLKIEN wrote: »
    >
    > well about toddles for me since i'm new on sims games, is not that important but in the sense of how the gag between baby and child is big i feel really need a toddle the same for child to teen we need pre-teens as i told for me a perfect sim life spam could be:
    > baby
    > toddle
    > child
    > pre-teen
    > teen
    > young adult
    > adult
    > elder
    >
    > for me can help but the most important is the OPEN WORLD and story progression, without that things i lose completly the imerssion sense most of my games are about spend most of the times inside my house because i true fear the load screens their annyoing me as hell and the facts which the others sims around my sim just age without any thing happen make even worse the thing.
    >
    > with that said for me toddlers only not gonna save the game just will help in heal the wounds but still need much more.

I agree 100 percent with you!
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    > @steve7859
    This has nothing to do with the discussion, but when I saw the sign in red about this person being banned, carry on....I thought it was for real at first. Then I thought....hhhmm, couldn't be cuz if this person was really banned their comment would be gone altogether lol. I guess I was too into the toddler ordeal...who knows ugh!

@gaming4life568 It is for real. On this forum when they ban people they don't delete posts. That destroys the discussion. The avatar is changed to the one with the red background and says user banned carry on when a poster is banned.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.