Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Toddler expansion pack & why EA needs you to buy it.

Comments

• Options
    becstar732becstar732 Posts: 265 Member
    SimKeats wrote: »
    The base game, as far as I'm concerned, was an up front investment in an incomplete project. I gave them my money, they didn't give me the full game because it wasn't complete. I am now awaiting the rest of the base game. This isn't a "free" patch, it is the rest of the content I already paid for. If they hadn't squandered all their money doing those stupid walks and the nasty, dirty clothes, they could have given us the content we are looking for. Their poor judgment is not my wallet's fault. They won't get any more from me to support their terrible decisions. If they complete the base game, *then* I will look at expansions. Otherwise, as with any really bad investment, I'm cutting my losses.

Pretty much everything this.

AGREED!
  • Options
    becstar732becstar732 Posts: 265 Member
    THE BASE GAME WAS SO OVER PRICED, TODDLERS FOR FREE, IM GETTING WHAT I PAID FOR as well as a few other wish list items
  • Options
    AlmaMMAlmaMM Posts: 200 Member
    Man, I love all your posts
  • Options
    taliamgomeztaliamgomez Posts: 1 New Member
    I really could careless about toddlers. So yeah maybe they should make the people who actually want it buy it because they didn't put it in the game in the first place. Just like everything else. ! Nothing is free in life. And this is there job. Get over it ,
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    edited March 2015
    Firstly, I want toddlers back! I miss them and wish they were never left out.

But, and this is my opinion only, when I bought this game I knew it didn't have toddlers. I wasn't happy about that but I bought it nonetheless without any promise of getting anything patched in at a later date, for free.

I'm glad we have had pools, ghosts, family trees returned in a patch and if toddlers were added back in the same way I would be ecstatic. If they added by way of a free pack like the holiday pack, I would be over the moon.

But if they were only to be added back by an EP, would I pay for it? Yes I would. Would I feel that I was rewarding them for their bad decision? Probably in way, but in way I am also punishing myself for buying the base game the way it was.

In the end, I just want them back in my game.
    I really could careless about toddlers. So yeah maybe they should make the people who actually want it buy it because they didn't put it in the game in the first place. Just like everything else. ! Nothing is free in life. And this is there job. Get over it ,

Lol, ok. Could have said that in a nicer way though.

Welcome to the forums?
    Post edited by joleaco on
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    marioncroesmarioncroes Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes...I would buy it...I agree with Thebookthief24
  • Options
    AnnieBonnie007AnnieBonnie007 Posts: 245 Member
    I don't like TS4, but in my opinion, toddlers always have been part of any game (not TS1), so they should have come in Base Game...
  • Options
    sportgal18sportgal18 Posts: 113 Member
    I literally stop playing the game once my families kids exist for a while/are about to age up to teenagers. I try to keep going, but I just get bored. I was huge into family play, and now I spend most of young adulthood building up my career, then have kids as an adult, then my sims are about to become elders once my kid is in the middle of his childhood years and it's just ugh. I do like that it's now more difficult to advance in careers, but the careers aren't what keep me interested. It's the family interaction. And once I do have a family, it's so poorly done that it doesn't hold my interest. That's just a major fail, and I'm 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that if they do fix it, the only way to get the fix will probably be to pay another $40.
  • Options
    ashangel273ashangel273 Posts: 6 New Member
    This toddler idea is what I was looking forward to ever since I knew toddlers were removed from TS4. If you need help I am a highly professional coder (in everything). So If you want I can make the toddler expansion pack.
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    > @sportgal18 said:
    > I literally stop playing the game once my families kids exist for a while/are about to age up to teenagers. I try to keep going, but I just get bored. I was huge into family play, and now I spend most of young adulthood building up my career, then have kids as an adult, then my sims are about to become elders once my kid is in the middle of his childhood years and it's just ugh. I do like that it's now more difficult to advance in careers, but the careers aren't what keep me interested. It's the family interaction. And once I do have a family, it's so poorly done that it doesn't hold my interest. That's just a major fail, and I'm 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that if they do fix it, the only way to get the fix will probably be to pay another $40.

I feel the same way. I play mainly families and the lack of toddlers and having teens that look like adults really ruins my gameplay experience. Idc how they add toddlers into the game at this point, just that they do. I would pay for an EP if I have to. It really annoys me they aren't in the game and that teens to elder essentially look the same. The game just is boring to me as a player who does legacies and family game play.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    mariahmallowmariahmallow Posts: 37 Member
    I am NOT about to buy any sort of toddler related content. As most have already stated, I paid for them in the base game and they weren't there. I feel like we were cheated out of them and that is something that EA can not justify in my eyes.
  • Options
    MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I only read the first page and realized this is from December, but I'm going to share my comment anyway.

Can someone explain to me what some comments of the Sim developers mean by "babies" are a lot of work, and how "toddlers" would be a lot of work? I do not understand this. They were included in TS2 and TS3 with many animations, codes, features, textures, etc....whatever it may be; they had them in the game. So I'm having difficulty understanding how they would be too much "work" to add in TS4....... :/
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,023 Member
    I think they should patch in toddlers with basic interactions. Then, do a generations expansion with extra items for them. Right now they have such limited items for kids and teens, they are going to need to add some things for them to in an expansion too.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I have been reading these posts and am seeing a lot of "I paid for an incomplete game." Basically [ducking] you knew what you were getting when you paid for it. We were all told what was left out, and you chose to buy it. EA did not force sales, and they did tell us what they were leaving out. I like the idea of the toddlers being an EP or download content like the sweater for Christmas packs, as I could then choose as we all chose to buy the game or the DLC or not. So the "I paid for an incomplete game and EA owes me" excuse does not fly with me. YOu purchased the game, you knew what you were getting you knew toddlers were not in it. Why would you feel you should get them in a patch for free? There were choices here, choices to buy the game or not buy the game. Think of a better excuse as to why you should have toddlers for free than "I purchased an incomplete game." I am sorry but that excuse is old and does not fly with me anymore.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    I have been reading these posts and am seeing a lot of "I paid for an incomplete game." Basically [ducking] you knew what you were getting when you paid for it. We were all told what was left out, and you chose to buy it. EA did not force sales, and they did tell us what they were leaving out. I like the idea of the toddlers being an EP or download content like the sweater for Christmas packs, as I could then choose as we all chose to buy the game or the DLC or not. So the "I paid for an incomplete game and EA owes me" excuse does not fly with me. YOu purchased the game, you knew what you were getting you knew toddlers were not in it. Why would you feel you should get them in a patch for free? There were choices here, choices to buy the game or not buy the game. Think of a better excuse as to why you should have toddlers for free than "I purchased an incomplete game." I am sorry but that excuse is old and does not fly with me anymore.

A better excuse is: If toddlers come in a EP, that means no future content for then ever added, never.

tenor.gif
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    If they need people to do QA for toddlers, they could very easily make an announcement somewhere calling for people to test toddlers. I know there are people here that would be more than willing to try them out if it means that they'll get toddlers in the end.

It's kind of like Early Access on Steam. People play your game in an alpha/beta state, comment on things that may need to be altered and fixed or bugs that may be rampant, you fix the game accordingly, and when things look good, you release it to the public. I...honestly don't understand why they can't just do that. It would be cheaper since you wouldn't even have to bother grabbing an official QA group to work on this one feature.
  • Options
    XopaxPax wrote: »

A better excuse is: If toddlers come in a EP, that means no future content for then ever added, never.

If it is a good pack, why is that a problem? If I remember correctly there was just a highchair and a swing and some other stuff that you had to buy in the store for the Sims 3 toddlers. So, I see no real difference here. There was only that content for the toddlers, maybe I missed something as I usually just aged them up, but there was just that one pack from the store and the generations EP, both were content that had to be paid for.
  • Options
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    If they need people to do QA for toddlers, they could very easily make an announcement somewhere calling for people to test toddlers. I know there are people here that would be more than willing to try them out if it means that they'll get toddlers in the end.

It's kind of like Early Access on Steam. People play your game in an alpha/beta state, comment on things that may need to be altered and fixed or bugs that may be rampant, you fix the game accordingly, and when things look good, you release it to the public. I...honestly don't understand why they can't just do that. It would be cheaper since you wouldn't even have to bother grabbing an official QA group to work on this one feature.
    This is a good idea, I know that Origin has sent out some questionnaires, I got one asking about sims 4 if I would recommend it and why. I put in that there was a lot missing from the game, and that it should be put in. I got this before pools were patched. I am not a big toddler fan so I did not mention them as well. So if others got that questionnaire and filled it out than maybe just maybe there is a chance, or if they did what I did and just filled out without mentioning them than, well! I do not see EA giving away these things on their own. And this would not be a true estimate of who really wants this and who does not.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I think most of us wanted to like it, so we tried it. Then found we just couldn't deal with so much that was missing.

• Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member

Actually, no, I didn't know what was left out. I was given the game as a Christmas gift and had no idea anything had been left out. In fact, I bought the game for him for Christmas as well. Neither of us knew anything about things being left out. We paid for what we believed at the time was a complete game. We didn't find out until after we started playing and saw things missing. That's when and why I joined the forum.

This is not an attack on you, jimmysnan. I'm just pointing out that, for some of us who have played past iterations, there wasn't necessarily a need to do any research before purchasing. We already knew about the game. We never expected to find toddlers, pools and terrain tools missing, among other things, as there was no reason to suspect anything would be missing. Heck, we didn't even know the game had been released until I saw it on the shelves this past December.

And before anyone says "well you should have kept up with what was going on", we do have lives that do not revolve around pc games. Yes, we love the game and love to play it, however, pc games are not such an integral part of our lives that we are constantly monitoring the internet for information on games.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    RazzbagRazzbag Posts: 18 New Member
    I'm not paying for something that should been in the base game
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    There doesn't need to be an excuse as to why we want toddlers. We do, and that's all there is to it. No one who likes toddlers needs to justify themselves to others here. And *if* people feel charging for toddlers is beyond the pale and an insult that doesn't mean they 'don't really want toddlers'-that may mean that they feel let down for the past seven months and are sick of being told off for wanting toddlers and they want no more to do with the TS4 situation. That's a valid position and could have serious repercussions for the long term reputation of the brand.

EA only announced no toddlers barely before release. Not everyone has their head in the sims news feed looking for reasons not to buy their favourite game. It's their favourite game and they expect a certain level of quality and customer service from it. Both of which has been fairly poor for some players.

Also some read Rachel Franklin's blog post and saw that 'on release' caveat so assumed-like we saw with ghosts, careers and pools the team would knuckle down and get the job done. It hardly seems fair those features are implemented but those who want toddlers should have to shell out more money!

Let's put it this way-next time it might be a feature you adore. Would you be happy to shell out extra just because your feature was hard to create? I don't want every sims release from now on to be cut further and further because they 'got away with it' this time. That's generally how things work-next time when they get allocated a budget if no one stood up and said no as a customer those in charge of the budget will assume it's okay to cut further and sell it back to us. This is a premium priced game. It needs to offer a premium service.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member

When EA announced no toddlers at release, the implication was definitely there that they could and would be added at a later date, especially with carrot-dangling statements like this one made by SimGuruRyan floating around:

"And while we recognize that some of you will be disappointed that pools and toddlers won’t be available when The Sims 4 Base Game launches in September, you should know that we’re building an incredibly strong foundation that is capable of fulfilling every one of your desires in the years to come."

What doesn't fly with me are EA's flimsy excuses as to why toddlers and pools weren't added to the Base Game--too complex, too many man-hours, too far from our "vision." They especially don't fly with me when, a few months later, we got the supposedly oh so difficult to make pools in a free update. Apparently, they weren't so difficult to make after all...so now cough up the toddlers, EA, and make them free as well. As I've said before, I have no intentions of paying for a basic lifestate that has been a standard feature of Sims for over ten years.

I was given the Base Game as a gift and while I am always grateful for anything that is given to me, I did not ask for it and I would not have spent my own money on it. I have not bought Outdoor Retreat or Get To Work and, in its current state, I don't see myself buying into this series. As you said, I know what I'm getting and it isn't worth a plug nickel to me.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    There doesn't need to be an excuse as to why we want toddlers. We do, and that's all there is to it. No one who likes toddlers needs to justify themselves to others here. And *if* people feel charging for toddlers is beyond the pale and an insult that doesn't mean they 'don't really want toddlers'-that may mean that they feel let down for the past seven months and are sick of being told off for wanting toddlers and they want no more to do with the TS4 situation. That's a valid position and could have serious repercussions for the long term reputation of the brand.

EA only announced no toddlers barely before release. Not everyone has their head in the sims news feed looking for reasons not to buy their favourite game. It's their favourite game and they expect a certain level of quality and customer service from it. Both of which has been fairly poor for some players.

Also some read Rachel Franklin's blog post and saw that 'on release' caveat so assumed-like we saw with ghosts, careers and pools the team would knuckle down and get the job done. It hardly seems fair those features are implemented but those who want toddlers should have to shell out more money!

Let's put it this way-next time it might be a feature you adore. Would you be happy to shell out extra just because your feature was hard to create? I don't want every sims release from now on to be cut further and further because they 'got away with it' this time. That's generally how things work-next time when they get allocated a budget if no one stood up and said no as a customer those in charge of the budget will assume it's okay to cut further and sell it back to us. This is a premium priced game. It needs to offer a premium service.

Preach_zps1f7e8d2d.gif
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    If toddlers come only in an expansion it's an auto-uninstall from me. I'm already not buying anything else. This isn't only because I feel like I've already paid for toddlers (which I do) but if toddlers don't come in a patch I doubt they will be fully integrated into the game. I don't want "cosmetic toddlers" or objects. I want sims that are younger than child.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter