Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Complete a set

Comments

• Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    Thank you @gnlovew for the dancing shoes for the ladies and for the Victorian sim partner. Each of them made a good impact on my CYS for those collections. Mucho gracias!
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    BlazonReaper24BlazonReaper24 Posts: 269 Member
    Yea, I got ya @tombwriter. I wish EA would have made things simpler instead of having to double-check every way to buy stuff so don't miss anything. Its frustrating, to say the least, that I can't buy Roaring Heights from Origin because its not the Gold Version. Missing ads are really disappointing. I think it would be fun to host a giveaway or contest (though I wouldn't know where to start.) That is why I was wondering if there was away to give my unused copy of Dragon Valley even though its a disc copy.
    So glad to hear that you are on the mend then @Laynielouxu! Heehee, gotta love your sense of humor and outlook on life.
    MMAO can pretty annoying for me. It tends to be a mix of random and wishlist items, and the price usually always too high. I always check to see if the items are on DD or will help with sets or compilations. Personally, I like good deals on single items not on DD to help with sets. Single items are fantastic. If its a world, venue or set I usually can't afford it. I kept getting deals on Show-Stopping Styles pieces. No more! I bought Showtime and got Seeing Stars for free. I also got Into the Future, but now wish I hadn't already bought the Not So Routine Machine.
    I'm really sorry you're having such a tough time @njwilson1986. That is definitely not something I miss about working. Why is he giving you such a hard time? That is another thing I don't miss. While we didn't have any children at the time, Ben and I had the same issue before when I started getting more hours. It didn't help that he was unemployed at the time (low employment rate down here, not really his fault.) Communication really helped us. I hope I'm not coming off as presumptuous.
    So, I've been trying catch up on here and with school at the same time. Because of that I'm really behind on asking for some help. Sorry! There are 3 sets coming up I could use a hand with.
    Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire: Owned-17% (845 SP) Yeah this is coming up in like 20 minutes, so I'm not as worried about this one.
    Everyday Kids Collection: Owned-17% (Can't really tell me price at the moment)
    Indulgent Living: Owned-10% (795 SP)
    Any help is always appreciated. I look forward to day when I can do this for others!
  • Options
    EnchantedpreyEnchantedprey Posts: 676 Member
    @BlazonReaper24‌ look at your Romanza again :smile:
    I Just got mine for 5 simpoints was awesome
    Enchanting the world one moment at a time
    The Pink Plumbob Completionist Club Thread
    Why yes I do own the store!
    tumblr_mragciJXbT1s5ucs6o1_500.gif

• Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    @BlazonReaper24‌ look at your Romanza again :smile:
    I Just got mine for 5 simpoints was awesome

I just tried gifting her some and couldn't find any on her wishlist! Congrats on getting it for 5 @Enchantedprey :D I thought I'd owe 5 but I guess it rounded down because I got the green download button of bliss! Make sure you check your featured sets cys amounts now -- both Monarch Suite and Quaint Cottage : ) I didn't realize my Monarch Suite was down to 65 pts only and I ended up getting five items from Indulgent Living so it will be free for me when it comes up on the DD next week :)
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    PenndraPenndra Posts: 695 Member
    tombwriter wrote: »
    thank you @Penndra for the outfit, your message had me laughing like crazy LOL :)

and a very huge thank you @Grandmothergamer‌ for all the Xmas outfits on my WL as well as gifting me Aurora Skies i had to go back and look at it 4 or 5 times, cuz it totally caught me off guard LOL. i truly appreciate it! <3:blush:

:P ahahahh
    TS3 Store advice: DD Stalkers * DD Cascades * Complete a Set
    wishes & Thank-you!! Huggles!
    YouTube tutorial: How-to make UFO's in TS3 *
    Machinima in the making: March of Bears -a psychological thriller *
    Research Blog: Garden/Recipe
  • Options
    @simgeek79‌ ya I still have too much of those to help :disappointed:
    only been gathering items for less then a month really

• Options
    @simgeek79 thank you for the hood :heart:
    getting so close to that set
    almost ready for it's DD

• Options
    @simgeek79 thank you for the hood :heart:
    getting so close to that set
    almost ready for it's DD

You're welcome <3

• Options
    GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    <3 I do hope you are all remembering to actually play our magical game! No fun owning the store items if we don't use them, right?
  • Options
    @Grandmothergamer‌ I do play usually check messages while saving
    and I cant contain my gratitude for you and your lovely gifting Thank you
    200_s.gifgiphy.gif

• Options
    NevillsNevills Posts: 505 Member
    I'm currently working on Sandy Shoals (54%), The Gentlemen's Lounge (65%), The Bayside Kitchen (20%), and Critter Comforts & Forest Bedrooms (42%). Any help would be greatly appreciated. store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Nevills
    I'm a WoW playing, Doctor Who watching, Harry Potter reading, fan fiction writing simmer who is without a doubt a geek (and sometimes a super hero).

My wishlist
  • Options
    strangeseraphstrangeseraph Posts: 369 Member
    edited February 2015
    Working on Homecoming (22%), Fanciful Fashions (22%), Romanza Bridal (41%), and Jet Set Teens (0%). These are the only sets left I need. Plus all those little non-set items but I'm not picky about them, I just want to get all the sets first. X) Any tiny help would be helpful.

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=strangeseraph#
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop
  • Options
    Naley22Naley22 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Thank you so much @melaniet1020 sadly i missed getting Fifth Avenue Fashions while it was still on sale. and now with no ads im far away from getting it.

Thank you anyways!!
  • Options
    <3 I do hope you are all remembering to actually play our magical game! No fun owning the store items if we don't use them, right?

Lol! Very true, not enough hours in the day for work/chores/family time and both DD stalking and playing...I never thought anything could top my Sims playing addiction, apparently I was wrong and DD stalking has taken over...lol! However, I had hoped to play last night and check out my new world(!!!) but my daughters said they tried playing after school and the game crashed twice on them while in CAS. When I got home, I tried loading it and it didn't get very far into loading at all...I literally clicked play on the launcher, waited a few minutes, then the screen went black and this tiny swirling green circle appeared and just kept spinning against the black screen. Aargh! When I went to task manager it said the game wasn't responding :( I tried twice more and that happened all three times :cry:

I'm going to have to spend some time this weekend figuring out how to clean up my game and get it working again. I absolutely can't wait to play and try out all of the new content that I have received in the last week or so. Speaking of which, thank you <3@Grandmothergamer <3 for the gifts this morning!! :D I can't wait to go see how the different items have affected the CYS on their respective sets!!! You do know that you are enabling my addiction right??!! :p haha That's okay, though...there is at least an end in site with this one (although I don't know that I want everything the store has but it seems like as each day goes by I'm kind of like " that set's not thaaat bad"). Thank you also for the Duke of Bows...yes, someone had gifted me the violin for Christmas so I purposely didn't put the venue on my wishlist for fear that someone would gift it at full price when I could have bought it off the DD for 63% off. I haven't had a chance to even play my Dragon Valley (even though I bought it in November!) so getting the venue wasn't a priority and I have it highlighted on my spreadsheet as a 2nd level priority (buy it at after getting the sets I really want if I have points remaining) I know...I'm a geek (hence the name ;) ) but I'm just trying to control my addiction I guess and maximize the amount of content I can get for the least amount of points :D

It's snowing here this morning...again...but it does look lovely and I really have no where I have to go so that's okay. Have a great day/night everyone :D

• Options
    njwilson1986njwilson1986 Posts: 629 Member
    Morning everyone well rested and about to go help my mother work in a few. I need help with the Happily Ever After DD thats coming up. @Tombwriter TYYYYY I was building a lot last night and I was thinking I want the ultra counters in my kitchen badly and now I have them <3
    @BlazonReaper24 they are upset because I am doing too much I do 1 on 1 care and I missing out on times with the family I'm only suppose to do 20 hrs at most a week lately I have been doing 50+ I understand there feels but I need my money right now (saving to move)
    @Simgeek79 I hope you get the problem fixed so you can play it soon.

I haven't seen our Angel @Charlotteprice around lately where she run off to? <3
    I own the store YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Thanks @njwilson1986 :) Our lovely @charlotteprice is around I just believe that she isn't posting here much. Some horribly evil person(s) upset her and she said she was taking a hiatus from posting ( see here ). I know, I miss her sense of humour and positiveness too :)

• Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    @simgeek79‌ I used to crash whenever I installed something new and played the game immediately afterwards. Since then I've taken on moving the Sims 3 folder, create a new one and moved the necessary stuff back to where it belongs, ccmerged, DCCache files except the tmp files and missingdeps, the installed worlds and if wanted the saves, saved sims, outfits content patch, collections, options and userpresets. I crashed once shortly afterwards because I also excluded the dcc file from DCCache the first time and aside from my game getting completely stuck once I haven't had any issues.

Might be worth a shot and hope that it's understandable, if not just ask :)
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    melaniet1020melaniet1020 Posts: 394 Member

I play as often as I can.....can't get enough! :smiley:

Also, thanks so much @simgeek79 for the Tot-sized 3 piece! It helped my cys price on Romanza Bridal Party...can't wait until it comes back around on the DD :smiley:
    Happy Simming!! :)
  • Options
    melaniet1020melaniet1020 Posts: 394 Member
    Naley22 wrote: »
    Thank you so much @melaniet1020 sadly i missed getting Fifth Avenue Fashions while it was still on sale. and now with no ads im far away from getting it.

Thank you anyways!!

You're welcome! What a shame you missed it! Hopefully it will come back around on the sale page soon. :smiley:
    Happy Simming!! :)
  • Options
    shaliny1997shaliny1997 Posts: 646 Member
    I'm trying to get the March 2013 compilation
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=shaliny1997 (items 1-8)
    happy simming! :wink:
  • Options
    LaynielouxuLaynielouxu Posts: 443 Member
    edited February 2015
    Hey guys, did anyone manage to get the green download button on the Romanza set? we did and could'nt be happier :D
    How is everyone? I have to say I am glad to be done with last week! after me being poisoned by McDonald's, poor Mary lifted up her cousin and pulled her shoulder out :S so yet another trip to A+E I tell you we have had the worse time lately! Looking forward to an incident free week! I don't think that is too much to ask :P
    We did pick up some nice items over the last few days but now we are out of points until next week :O
    We are still working on the Haute Hip set, we are 28% through with a CYS price of 280SP whilst it is on sale that is, it will go up to 635 SP when the sale ends :D

I feel quite bad putting our wishlist up when we cant repay anyone right now, but we will be getting more points soon :(
    HUGE warm cuddly snuggles to you all and your beautiful families, all our love from Laynie, Annie and Mary
    <3 (*) XxxxxxX <3 (*) <3 XxxxxxX (*) <3

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Anniemary
  • Options
    Sweet2 wrote: »
    @simgeek79‌ I used to crash whenever I installed something new and played the game immediately afterwards. Since then I've taken on moving the Sims 3 folder, create a new one and moved the necessary stuff back to where it belongs, ccmerged, DCCache files except the tmp files and missingdeps, the installed worlds and if wanted the saves, saved sims, outfits content patch, collections, options and userpresets. I crashed once shortly afterwards because I also excluded the dcc file from DCCache the first time and aside from my game getting completely stuck once I haven't had any issues.

Thanks @Sweet2 I appreciate you trying to explain, I will ask my teenage son to help me with this. So should I create a new folder every time I buy something from the store or should I just wait until I'm done buying what I want and then do that?? I hate not being able to play, but I honestly can't seem to find the time to play much so it wouldn't be too hard to wait...

You're very welcome @melaniet1020 :) those poor toddler boys really need a decent formal outfit and I just adore that one - Glad it helped <3 Remember you only need 27% on the Full Romanza Set to get it free. LadybugLeslie recently posted the cheapest way to get it on her thread I know it is so hard to wait a full rotation but at least grabbing all of the other deals will keep you busy :D I had to wait a half rotation to get BahHaus and then I completely forgot about it! It's deal # 204 coming up again March 22nd but I will get the green download so I can't wait - but it has been a loooong wait - but worth it! :)

@Naley22 Fifth Avenue Fashions has been on the Sale Page at least twice that I know of and I was able to get it free last week with a CYS of 62%. I'm sure it'll make another appearance. I've created a thread on the General Store Discussion forum where I track the sets/items that have appeared and at what percentage off unfortunately we haven't been able to detect a pattern yet :\

@Laynielouxu so sorry to hear what a terrible week you and your family have had :( Here's hoping this week will be accident free and wonderful :D<3

• Options
    edited February 2015
    @simgeek79 thank you so much for the window :D we are now a whopping 36% through the Haaute Hip set with a CYS sale price of 205SP :D
    Massive hugs :D<3<3<3 XxxxxxX <3<3 XxxxxxX <3<3<3:D

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Anniemary
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    You're very welcome @Laynielouxu !! Hope the ads come back soon....a Sim Guru posted on the DD thread yesterday and I asked when we can expect those back but we haven't heard anything back...for all our sakes, hope it's soon!! :p<3

• Options
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    Sweet2 wrote: »

Thanks @Sweet2 I appreciate you trying to explain, I will ask my teenage son to help me with this. So should I create a new folder every time I buy something from the store or should I just wait until I'm done buying what I want and then do that?? I hate not being able to play, but I honestly can't seem to find the time to play much so it wouldn't be too hard to wait...

You're very welcome @melaniet1020 :) those poor toddler boys really need a decent formal outfit and I just adore that one - Glad it helped <3 Remember you only need 27% on the Full Romanza Set to get it free. LadybugLeslie recently posted the cheapest way to get it on her thread I know it is so hard to wait a full rotation but at least grabbing all of the other deals will keep you busy :D I had to wait a half rotation to get BahHaus and then I completely forgot about it! It's deal # 204 coming up again March 22nd but I will get the green download so I can't wait - but it has been a loooong wait - but worth it! :)

@Naley22 Fifth Avenue Fashions has been on the Sale Page at least twice that I know of and I was able to get it free last week with a CYS of 62%. I'm sure it'll make another appearance. I've created a thread on the General Store Discussion forum where I track the sets/items that have appeared and at what percentage off unfortunately we haven't been able to detect a pattern yet :\

@Laynielouxu so sorry to hear what a terrible week you and your family have had :( Here's hoping this week will be accident free and wonderful :D<3

Thank you sweetie, but you know, if you didn't have bad days you wouldn't know the good days :D We are just looking forward to some better days :P
    Can I just say how awesome your advice is, you should change ur name to SimGeekTheWise79 :P

<3 XxxxxxX <3 huggzies and snuggzies <3 XxxxxxX <3