Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do you play Sims?

Comments

• Options
    arini14arini14 Posts: 6 New Member
    i play the sims for have fun, i love make my sims mastered 3-4 skill, building beach house and become well respected small family around the town. But now there is no beach or beautiful vista moodlet on sims 4 :(
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Sooo many reasons *_*

1. Fashion, Design, Creating unique dolls that can look like yourself and those around you or a figment of your imagination.

2. Watching your town folk grow up, prosper or fail, marry or divorce, have children or adopt a billion pets, cheat, have affairs or be faithful for
    many years.

3. Help my sim find the right person (who could also be the wrong one sometimes lol), and have a big family with them. It's always fun to see the genetics of the children. And watch them grow up and eventually move out to start their own lives. and watch my original sim and her love grow old. and watch the sim family tree grow.

4. See my sim have random but amazing experiences, it always gives the simmies more feeling to them once that's there.

5. I guess mostly, because I started the sims at such a very young age, you could say I always loved the "dollhouse" effect it had and still do :joy:

Generally to me, the sims (and this is with the whole series actually) always felt like that one boyfriend that no matter how many breaks ups or separations you go through, you always end up going back to him xDDD
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    NaiaNaia Posts: 117 Member
    I really love creating so this game gives me ability to create beautiful houses, styling Sims (that's why I have The Sims 3 Ambitions installed :#) And of course controlling their lives, having romantic relationship, making lot of friends. Everything is so much simpler than in real life :#
  • Options
    MunchyMunchy Posts: 513 Member
    I think it's hard to explain why you like any games except that it is fun?
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    My little sister has played since Sims1, and I just thought I'd give it a try (Sims3 is my first)! Also I was sick of HOG's (hidden objects games), slots, and just not into gory type games.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    neutralsideneutralside Posts: 34 Member
    I'm a control freak and the Sims gives me a lot of creative freedom. One of the reasons I haven't bought Sims 4 is the lack of create a style.
  • Options
    Bercik899Bercik899 Posts: 4 New Member
    Umm... I play The Sims because it's a very relaxing game. I can just sit down after hard day, turn it on and just have fun. And it's also a bit addictive, sometimes it is hard to stop playing because you think something like "I play just one day more and I'll go sleep". Also I like to treat this game like a great simulation of entire life, which is great somehow.
  • Options
    SimperatrixSimperatrix Posts: 176 Member
    A nice world to pretend to live in, where I can build whatever house I like anywhere and go collect gemstones in my back yard :)
  • Options
    SimsProductionsSimsProductions Posts: 432 Member
    CUZ I CAN BRO
  • Options
    daylilly32daylilly32 Posts: 58 Member
    I LIKE THE SIMS 3 THEY ARE LIKE MOBILE PAPER DOLLS. YOU CAN BUILD, DECORATE AND DRESS THEM UP. THIS IS A GOOD AND RELAXING GAME. LOVE IT!!!!!
  • Options
    EthyrdudeEthyrdude Posts: 268 Member
    I enjoy turning real people from my daily life into sims and watching how they react in a virtual world. I also like to design houses and I have even used the Sims 3 to build a model of my office/workshop and tried out various color options, to see what I could live with and what colors would and wouldn't work.

In the first sims game, I created my own interactions and animations and did a lot of testing to see just what I could get my sims to do. This was more a learning process in programming but being able to add elements to a real game made it fun.
    On a planet far, far away.
  • Options
    LilybellsLilybells Posts: 71 Member
    I love creating and dressing up the sims. I've always loved dress-up games and the sims is like that and more. CC is just so addictive to download and use.

And there's just something so satisfying about being able to control the sims' every move.. >:]
    tumblr_inline_n8rrt8GvSh1rj4zgt.gif
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited December 2014
    i'm a stereotypical girl who likes simulation.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,545 Member
    Because I am getting tired of games where killing is pretty much the main activity of the game.
    I do like action games and the feeling of danger and challenge, but I wish there were more games like The Sims.

I like that it allows me to be creative, let's me play out social situations and scenarios, and makes fun of life as a human being.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    The sims is the only game I can be genuinely be excited for consistently. I think it is very relaxing like everyone has said, I find it to be a great creative therapy.

It is kind of embarrassing to say that about a game, but when I think about what the sims allows you to do, it is no question to me that it isn't somsthing I'll regret time using. Reiterating what everyone has said, it is definitely being able to play an adult type of dollhouse with any set of characters you Dream up. I also adore that if you take the time in CAS you can succeed very well In creating likenesses of yourself, and the people who are actually in your life. Sometimes it is fun for me to recreate a celebrity or artist I like and place them in my game.

Yes shopping!!! (Custom Content searching)

Playing with genetics is one of my parts of the game as well. The game becomes so deep when you have a large family tree that displays and manifests a family you could call realisfic. That YOU created, with all the different personalities, and with all the varying faces.

Of course the sims can be a great tool to set the foundation of stories. I love writing, but it can be hard to know my character clear enough sometimes. As a visual person, the sims not only lets me artistically create the face, but even gives me more ideas to expand the character.

The sky is the limit with the sims, and everything is up to you. Unlike other games, you know that your personal game truly is personal and unique to you. You aren't going through the same motions as everyone else, to achieve the same exact end result.
  • Options
    katielouisekatielouise Posts: 12 New Member
    Allows me to get away from the stresses of real life for a couple of hours! Relaxing and fun!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I'm not a gamer, Sims 3 is the only game I play. And I guess I fell in love with it because it's like a virtual dollhouse.
    I love to come up with all kinds of story's for my sims and I love to play the game. Those two are quite seperate really; I once had a story about two lovers falling apart for more than ten years, when in my game they never split up. In the game I enjoyed exploring French tombs, practicing martial arts and growing grapes (and making nectar) and apart from that I enjoyed writing the story with all the pictures I took. Most of the time game and story do correspond, but not always.
    And apart from this I love to build and decorate houses.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Twilight2757Twilight2757 Posts: 55 Member
    I LOVE furnishing houses. I am not very good at building them quite yet, so I just find one's I like, and refurnish. I also like creating the families and seeing what types of people I can create. I used to play the Pets a lot, and I loved playing with the animals, but since this laptop is so old, the graphics card doesn't support it. Boo. ;)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,931 Member
    edited December 2014
    I always wanted to play a game with people in it. I played Little Computer People for a while.

Then I was playing Sim City and the version I was playing would let you follow the lives of a few Sims living in the city. Then they were talking about a game that was just about the Sims and not so much the city.

The ability to mould the landscape with terrain tools was one of my favourite parts of the old Sim City. The fact that we can no longer do that in the current Sim City or Sims 4 is one of my frustrations with the way the games are developing.

I got Sims 1 and played it for a few years. Then I decided to get Sims 2 but discovered Sims 3 was about to be released so I pre-ordered Sims 3 instead.

Sims 3 is my favourite Sims game. It allows me to be creative. I think if it weren't such a sandbox type of game with such creative opportunities in it I would probably not be playing computer games at all.
    Post edited by Karritz on
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I play TS3 so that I can have something to chat about with all of you. I could instead natter on about computer network management, rock climbing, or knitting, but that wouldn't interest very many here (especially since I know nothing about those last two). :D
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    I play TS3 so that I can have something to chat about with all of you. I could instead natter on about computer network management, rock climbing, or knitting, but that wouldn't interest very many here (especially since I know nothing about those last two). :D
    LOL, well, you can say anything you like about all three subjects, I won't catch you telling nonsense ;)
    You made one quite confronting remark by the way, because not liking Sims 4 does mean things are going to change in the community. When everybody moves on (or falls out) that community will fall apart as well. Oh the times we were all waiting for a new expansion... Sharing Sims experiences is one of the great things about this game as well. In fact I wouldn't have had a story - the way it is now - without it.

@Karritz‌
    You really were there from the very beginning (and even before)!
    I remember my father playing SimCity and thinking: it's a great game but I want to get into those houses. I want to know who lives there and what they are doing with their lifes.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @astridentanja - I really don't mean to be the grammar/language police, but I hope you meant "comforting" remark. A "confronting" remark would be one that is openly hostile. (had me scratching my head for a few minutes there...)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    igazor wrote: »
    @astridentanja - I really don't mean to be the grammar/language police, but I hope you meant "comforting" remark. A "confronting" remark would be one that is openly hostile. (had me scratching my head for a few minutes there...)
    Please do correct me if I make mistakes like that!
    'Confronterend' is the word I meant in my own language, which means (googlegoogle) confrontational. I meant to say it confronts me with the fact I'm going to lose that aspect when people move on to 4 when I don't (or quit playing the game all together).
    The word 'confront' doesn't have the same connotation in Dutch as it has in English I guess. It certainly doesn't mean hostile here. We use a lot of words here that are similar to English ones, but mean something slightly different.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Ah, yes. I've tangoed with Dutch speaking coders at NRaas over language issues like this -- all friendly and over really unimportant, silly things by the way. So you were using the correct word, more or less, but you're right the connotation in English is all different. We might say a remark was compelling or thought-provoking. But yes, that is the nature of online communities, and not just the game-based ones. People do move on and we often only remember them by their screen names and online personalities. And then like the veterans of a war fought over a half century ago, numbers begin to dwindle.

Ugh wait, that was awful! How about, like the alumni of a high school or college that shut its doors many decades ago, the numbers will begin to decrease.

Okay, that wasn't much better. This is why I don't work in marketing and actually tremble a bit when they come knocking on my office door. However, I believe there will be a core of diehard TS3 simmers around for a very long time. Where we congregate may change eventually, but this game does lend itself well to communities and networking. Plus who knows what the future may bring in the way of an improved TS5 or some sort of what will then be nostalgic resurgence of the prior versions?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Why do I play sims? It is a wonderful outlet for me. I've been interested in interior design since the teacher read us a story in Kindergarten about a couple kids who redo a little shack into a fancy clubhouse. The passion really bloomed in high school when I took an Interior Design class and I got graph paper and little plastic templates. Since then I'd been addicted to graph paper and home design books and magazines. The sims allowed me realize my visualizations in 3D and have little virtual people subject to living in them. I've long been fascinated with municipal design and architecture.. 'if only I could build a town'. Well, now I can, without budgetary constraints.

Why do I play sims? It is therapy. It's a getaway when stuff gets rough. It's like meditating when I sit for hours in CaSt or place foliage in a world, or rearrange furniture. It's my Zen. It's a happy place where I don't have to dwell on anything else.

Why do I play sims? Because I love it, it's fun and I am addicted.