The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

England/british style sims

Comments

• Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Hello @Piperbird1 the hat is a busby ( I Googled it ) and it would look good on random townies :)

Agree the world should be split so everyone gets a little of what they want.

And thanks for the tip :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    You can build you own, just bulldoze what's they are build what you want.

Not really... You can't build semi-detached or terraced houses. Plus the vegetation and stuff are all off..

Well, do the best you can, because this is one EP you will never see

Charming. Of course you are the undisputed expert in the field and worlds like Monte Vista (which I loved btw) are probably just a figment of my imagination because EA wouldn't make something like that.

It's always so nice to have people like you crash into a perfectly friendly conversation, where we're all discussing things that we love and would enjoy playing with, and tell us all you know best and we're being deluded. One of the joys of life really. /sarcasm

You brits have no sense of humor

rofl.gif

No. We just obviously have a better sense of humour than you.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited October 2014
    I suppose I wouldn't mind it if it was set either in the 1800's industrial era or have a 1970's punk vibe.

Sorry, I don't know much about Britain really. ^^;
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member

Not really... You can't build semi-detached or terraced houses. Plus the vegetation and stuff are all off..

Charming. Of course you are the undisputed expert in the field and worlds like Monte Vista (which I loved btw) are probably just a figment of my imagination because EA wouldn't make something like that.

It's always so nice to have people like you crash into a perfectly friendly conversation, where we're all discussing things that we love and would enjoy playing with, and tell us all you know best and we're being deluded. One of the joys of life really. /sarcasm

rofl.gif

Im not so sure about that

0.jpg
  • Options

rofl.gif

Im not so sure about that

0.jpg

I don't understand. Are you saying that "Are you being Served" is not funny? Because I agree wholeheartedly with that sentiment.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    cornishovencornishoven Posts: 163 Member
    No! "I'm free" never gets old! lol :D
  • Options
    @cornishoven Morning *waves* please can I mention Hello, Hello and Dad's Army ?

I don't think the British sense of humour should ever be underestimated. Sadly there is no way it can be captured in a sims EP. Trying to explain Mock the Week and the Last Leg is going to be difficult :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    @cornishoven Morning *waves* please can I mention Hello, Hello and Dad's Army ?

I don't think the British sense of humour should ever be underestimated. Sadly there is no way it can be captured in a sims EP. Trying to explain Mock the Week and the Last Leg is going to be difficult :)

Mock the Week - now thats my kind of comedy. Also love QI, Have I Got News For You and Dave Gorman's Modern Life is Goodish.
  • Options
    Personally I think Newsnight is probably one of the best comedies around at the moment :):) Not so much since Paxo left.

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Morning back at you @Bettyboop55. Ah, Dads Army, can't beat the classics. One Foot in The Grave, Only Fools..., Fawlty Towers! Omg I'm totally going to go and make a Basil Fawlty sim now :D
    And can you imagine what the rest of the world would think when watching 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown... They would be like... 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is this about? Lol
  • Options
    @cornishoven Basil Fawlty "it's a hamster" and "don't mention the war" :):) great stuff. Will you post picture of sim please ?

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Yeh, course :)
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    can I mention Hello, Hello

'Allo, 'allo ;)
  • Options
    AnnitaEatsYaAnnitaEatsYa Posts: 1,583 Member
    edited October 2014
    As we're talking about TV shows I'm going to plug how much I love The Royle Family a second time ;) But a lot of Brits don't find it entertaining so I'm sure it would bewilder people of other nationalities too! Though I know there are people from the US who like it a lot. I've recently been rewatching The Vicar of Dibley *contented sigh*

As far as tea goes, I respectfully disagree with you all ladies and gentlemen - Yorkshire Tea is my preferred beverage *strokes whippet and enjoys a nice bit o' parkin* I've never quite understood the milk first or last argument - does it assume that one is pouring from a teapot or brewing a single cup? I always go single cup = milk after, teapot = milk first. If there was ever a British EP and a new tea set there should be an option for both, it's only right! Or is there such an option on the current tea set?
  • Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    Who remembers Keeping Up Appearances??
  • Options
    Who remembers Keeping Up Appearances??

Fab show!
  • Options
    And 'The Good Life' was also awesome :D
    And to tie into the original topic (we have derailed this quite a bit lol), Tom and Barbara Good, with their suburban smallholding, would be great to make in some kind of farming ep.
  • Options
    makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    As far as comedy goes I prefer radio to tv. Cabin Pressure is my absolute favourite actually. Oh and I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue - love that one! Then again a bit of QI is always good too. <3

As for the milk first thing, I read that the it comes from users of fine china being worried that it would shatter upon contact with the scalding hot tea. The obvious remedy to that was to put milk in first, which meant the china never got exposed to such heat. Just something I read, not entirely sure it's the truth. And anyway I put my tea in massive mugs and prefer to put the milk in after to check the colour ;)
  • Options
    As far as comedy goes I prefer radio to tv. Cabin Pressure is my absolute favourite actually. Oh and I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue - love that one! Then again a bit of QI is always good too. <3

As for the milk first thing, I read that the it comes from users of fine china being worried that it would shatter upon contact with the scalding hot tea. The obvious remedy to that was to put milk in first, which meant the china never got exposed to such heat. Just something I read, not entirely sure it's the truth. And anyway I put my tea in massive mugs and prefer to put the milk in after to check the colour ;)

Interesting whether true or not! When the tea is in a pot I prefer the milk to go in first so I don't have to expend vital energy stirring it - the tea does it for me ;)
  • Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    Would be a dream come true for me! I absolutely love England.
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options
    @Gnarl Lee pardon "I was just plumming by the window" :)

@makanivalur delicate china was my Granny's argument. The same Granny who tried to poison me :)

Keeping Up Appearances always good, as is the Vicar of Dibley. Absolutely Fabulours (remember the bolly) and another favourite Gavin and Stacey :):) Some of these would not translate well in the international market although the French got the joke with 'allo,'allo :)

And lastly it is Yorkshire in Chez Betty and my tea drinking hubby is a southern softie :)

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Keeping up Appearances and Ab Fab was available in America when I was a teen, and I loved them. I would really love to have Patsy's hair for my Sim! I've always loved the British sense of humor, I thought the Hitchhiker's Guide series and the Disc World series were the best.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited October 2014
    When the brits start the milk before or after conversation, it's time for the yanks start mocking tuna and sweetcorn pizza.

Piperbird1, great idea, Eddy, Saffy and Patsy. I'm already playing too many families, now I'll have to make another.
  • Options
    @Gnarl Lee pardon "I was just plumming by the window" :)

@makanivalur delicate china was my Granny's argument. The same Granny who tried to poison me :)

Keeping Up Appearances always good, as is the Vicar of Dibley. Absolutely Fabulours (remember the bolly) and another favourite Gavin and Stacey :):) Some of these would not translate well in the international market although the French got the joke with 'allo,'allo :)

And lastly it is Yorkshire in Chez Betty and my tea drinking hubby is a southern softie :)

Love Gavin and Stacey, I'm watching that too! I weep happy tears all the way through the series XD I married a soft Southerner too, but he's an Earl Grey kind of man. Though I also introduced him to coffee, which in hindsight was an error...we now have five different coffee making machines/implements in our kitchen.

Tuna and sweetcorn pizza *drools*
  • Options
    Tuna and sweetcorn anything is good :)

If EA make a British EP they will have to think very seriously about the food. I mentioned deep fried chocolate bars already but as @AnnitaEatsYa says there is Parkin. Then there are the cheeses. Cheddar and Stilton are very well known, but there is Lancaster, Sage Derby, Devon Blue ........

There is so much to think of but until EA sorts out the base game we will have to be patient. Is anyone thinking of a petition say in 6 months to a year's time. If there was such an EP I might be tempted to come off the fence and buy it.

Sim enim est vita