Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• Options
    ktb0513ktb0513 Posts: 145 Member
    > @finefashionista said:
    > I can understand if they want to do it for people just registering now, but to take it away from people who already earned it is annoying.

exactly my thoughts!!!
    the-sims-4-collectibles-187x96.jpg
  • Options
    frostpotfrostpot Posts: 208 Member
    ATTACK THE LIKE BUTTON MY FRIENDS!
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited September 2014
    I've found that Likes add directly to a user's points and help him get to Member faster. LOLs do not.

I found this out tonight when I tried to help a friend get to Member status. Liking all her posts I could find got her a point for each one. I changed some of those Likes to LOLs, figuring maybe the achievement for 25 LOLs might get her her Member status faster. Her points went down, so once she had the 25 LOLs achievement I turned those LOLs back to Likes and her points skyrocketed.

Changing those LOLs back to Likes raised her points from 95 to 131.
  • Options
    RayainRayain Posts: 114 Member
    > @skull_ookie said:
    > Sigh :( I wish those of us who already achieved membership status got grandfathered into the new changes
    Agreed. Honestly if it wasn't for threads like this I would be a new member forever.
    f63asnS.jpg?3

• Options
    skull_ookieskull_ookie Posts: 62 Member
    edited September 2014
    >@Rayain said:
    >Agreed. Honestly if it wasn't for threads like this I would be a new member forever.

Exactly! I understand that the whole point of the member/new member thing is to get people to be more active in the community. However, getting involved in topics or sharing content can be quite difficult when limitations are placed on new members. Furthermore, I wish we were given a little heads up regarding the changes (then again it's very possible I missed an admin mentioning that changes were going to take place).

I was just about to post images and content regarding my legacy until I realized I had been demoted to new member statues. So rather than share what I've been up to with the sims 4 I'm diving back into the forums to rack up posts and points (which makes me feel like I'm being disingenuous when I'm commenting because my main goal is to become a member. Otherwise I would keep comments to myself and just enjoy reading the forums and silently liking things).

Riddles and Rabbit Holes: A Sim 4 Legacy Blog ~ riddlesandrabbitholes.wordpress.com
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    @Nirar22
    Yes, I fabulized Gollum and now it's Golluma :P
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    What posts are you talking about @06Bon06 ?

By the way, your new thread was just deleted. I was just about to post there.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @Susiechan

Hi, there was this really nice thread going on where people that lost their member status due to the higher requirements posted in there and then other people helped them. It was very nice and civil, had over 100 pages since last night.
    Thought they'd do that since the mod is here now :/

I see there is an older thread that resurfaced now, that's good :)
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    @Susiechan

Hi, there was this really nice thread going on where people that lost their member status due to the higher requirements posted in there and then other people helped them. It was very nice and civil, had over 100 pages since last night.

Ah, that one. I saw that too.

There is another thread going on. They may delete that one too.

But, why did they need to delete yours ?
  • Options
    Susiechan wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    @Susiechan

Ah, that one. I saw that too.

There is another thread going on. They may delete that one too.

But, why did they need to delete yours ?

Don't know, the mods are insane at time lol
    They just go through deleting everything at times
  • Options
    BunnyBoxers5BunnyBoxers5 Posts: 53 Member
    Thanks for updating this thread. I'm going to be a new member forever. ~
    GalleryID: Kelliemg
    VrSzVjC.png
  • Options
    HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    Wow. I'm a new member... again.

150 points? this can't be real.
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • Options
    I've been a member for over a month and all the sudden it bumped me back to new member? Can anyone help me? I need to update my legacy with pictures and it won't let me...
    402849723949615s.jpg
  • Options
    ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    Sad to read I have to work harder to post some photos! Ah well.. thanks for this information, it is helpful!
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Options
    I've been a member for over a month and all the sudden it bumped me back to new member? Can anyone help me? I need to update my legacy with pictures and it won't let me...

First page :) It's now 150 Pounts and 100 Posts
  • Options
    Even thought it's not a "big deal" to get more points, I don't know how to explain but now this feels like a chore.
    Soon these forums gets a some kind of level up system: "You have to be lvl X to open this forum category."
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • Options
    SimperatrixSimperatrix Posts: 176 Member
    Hi there folks. Count me in on the "give us back our Member status" party here.

Kind Simmers have helped me finally reach member status yesterday--but I still can't post BBCode sigs. Anyone have the same problem? I heard that it's because the 100 posts required for Member status must be on this forum, not the old one, but I don't know where that information came from. Can someone confirm this? And how do we know what our post count is?
  • Options
    linesalinesa Posts: 426 Member
    Ow now we need to have 100 posts and 150 points...
    I dont think it's fair for those who had gained their status and those who dont post often...

And I need to update my rainbowcy with pics :\
  • Options
    tacheira209tacheira209 Posts: 209 Member
    @linesa this is what I was talking about :s Its holding me back!
  • Options
    GAgirl007GAgirl007 Posts: 85 Member
    It seems like I will never be a member again. lol I hardly ever post so I don't really think that it is fair to keep uping the amount of post or points that a member needs. boo to this forum and the new point/post system!!! lol
    Origin ID: GAgirl2007

Check out my creations ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @tacheira209, I totally understand you, its holding me back too, now.
    And a lot of peoples are now in this situation, it's not good, it may make peoples leave this place...

And all of that because of some stupids trolls apparently è_é
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Wait, I'm a member again and I have 101 points.

So, looks like we need 100 points instead of 150 to become a "member" again?
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • Options
    FireTurtleDreeFireTurtleDree Posts: 217 Member
    edited September 2014
    > @linesa said:
    > Ow now we need to have 100 posts and 150 points...
    > I dont think it's fair for those who had gained their status and those who dont post often...
    >
    > And I need to update my rainbowcy with pics :\
    I agree. I had a member status for almost a month. I'm fairly quiet too.
    tumblr_nckjliRXNC1snt5qfo2_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    GAgirl007GAgirl007 Posts: 85 Member
    I am a member again as well! YAY! :)
    Origin ID: GAgirl2007

Check out my creations ;)
  • Options
    @FireTurtleDree

I agree too, me too, I dont participate often XD

But it's strange, I'm back to member status now :o
This discussion has been closed.