Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Updated on front page, new recommendations are 150 Points and 100 Posts, special thanks to @ebuchala for finding and testing the information :)
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Updated on front page, new recommendations are 150 Points and 100 Posts, special thanks to @ebuchala for finding and testing the information :)
    I think that is a bit much but if it curves trolling on new accounts, I guess it's not so bad.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Syazwan1998Syazwan1998 Posts: 191 Member
    edited September 2014
    o.o
    flhes5.png
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    I think that is a bit much but if it curves trolling on new accounts, I guess it's not so bad.

I don't know about you but I thought the flagging system worked good for trolls. We had like 1 or 2 trolls after the previous system and after they posted in 2 or so thread their membership was revoked. I actually liked the previous system more as this one make it extremely hard for new people to get involved.
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    klb685 wrote: »
    Something else had to have changed too. I avoid posting much and have never accumulated any Agrees or Disagrees but have a super old account and 120 points. Prior to today I could do everything and had Member status. A little bit ago, I tried to send a PM to a friend and got a page saying "Permission Problem. You don't have permission to do that." ... Never mind that I've sent many messages in days past.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I wonder how I get back up to Member<br />
    /sigh

@klb685, I am sorry to hear that, but how did that happen ? Hope some likes from me can help you out.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member

I don't know about you but I thought the flagging system worked good for trolls. We had like 1 or 2 trolls after the previous system and after they posted in 2 or so thread their membership was revoked. I actually liked the previous system more as this one make it extremely hard for new people to get involved.

Personally, I'm torn. I don't like that it will make it harder for new members to join in but the other way certainly made it easy for trolls to harass people. If the flags didn't eventually lead to banning, I wouldn't care personally but since the flags likely had to be vetted by a forum mod, more chance for a careless or disinterested mod to just ban someone rather than double-check things. At least this way, the trolls actually have to put some work into seriously trolling.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member

I agree 100% plus reporting trolls is now a hassle for me.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • meredisumeredisu Posts: 112 Member
    This is frustrating. :( It's like punishing both the good and the bad...
    Simblr: meresimblr.tumblr.com
    <p><b>--Mere</b>
  • ktb0513ktb0513 Posts: 145 Member
    I am ok with them taking away the disagree....i had someone go onto my page an disagree a sims 4 promo pic i was just testing to see how large it was before i made it my sig....why did they disagree with it? it was on my own page leave me alone you crazy......but i just wish they would have left the points that people got for those agrees
    the-sims-4-collectibles-187x96.jpg
    and just saw this now i am back to being a "new member" i have over the 50 points....umm seriously? i don't like this at all
    ktb0513 wrote: »
    I am ok with them taking away the disagree....i had someone go onto my page an disagree a sims 4 promo pic i was just testing to see how large it was before i made it my sig....why did they disagree with it? it was on my own page leave me alone you crazy......but i just wish they would have left the points that people got for those agrees

We still have our points :)
    I stopped caring, I almost reached 400 disagrees and since they didn't deduct points it wasn't much of a bother
  • Nirar22Nirar22 Posts: 172 Member
    Aww man---and just when I finally made it past 50 points! 100 is now the magic number? *sad face* That is going to take me a really long time, I'm not much of a poster, more of a lurker, lol

I'm not very fond of the new point system. You can't even use emoties, which is silly.
    The Stone Kings--my Random Royal Kingdom Challenge

Full of Beans--a Perfect Genetics, Midnight Sun, ISBI rolled into one challenge
    ktb0513 wrote: »
    and just saw this now i am back to being a "new member" i have over the 50 points....umm seriously? i don't like this at all

150 points and 100 posts now
    edited September 2014
    @Nirar22
    Aww poor you, don't you have emoticons :s
    It's 150 points and 100 Posts, don't worry, we'll help you ^^
    Try posting here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/787073/help-i-lost-member-status/p15
    > @Nirar22 said:
    > Aww man---and just when I finally made it past 50 points! 100 is now the magic number? *sad face* That is going to take me a really long time, I'm not much of a poster, more of a lurker, lol
    >
    > I'm not very fond of the new point system. You can't even use emoties, which is silly.

right! i am a lurker with ya! makes ya not want to even participate with this system it is all outta wack
    > @06Bon06 said:
    > ktb0513 wrote: »
    >
    > and just saw this now i am back to being a "new member" i have over the 50 points....umm seriously? i don't like this at all
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > 150 points and 100 posts now

stupid :( i will never get there because i don't get on very much.....blah done with this
    thanks i am doing that now....tried to quote you but it won't even let me post links anymore...apparently i am just not welcoming here anymore because it said i haven't been around long enough....apparently 2009 is not long enough....just cuz i had to make a new account cuz that email i originally had didn't work anymore doesn't mean anything!
  • skull_ookieskull_ookie Posts: 62 Member
    Sigh :( I wish those of us who already achieved membership status got grandfathered into the new changes

Riddles and Rabbit Holes: A Sim 4 Legacy Blog ~ riddlesandrabbitholes.wordpress.com
    agreed...i just need to get my posts on so i will be super duper annoying and just start posting randomly on threads.....ok i will make it useful to the topic i just need to get more involved blah i hate talking to people tho
  • Nirar22Nirar22 Posts: 172 Member
    @06Bon06---Thanks! I will check that thread out. Yes, I am sad that I cannot use something so simple as an emotie. *insert emotie* lol It also figures that I would get the numbers backwards! lolz Is that Gollum with hair in your avatar?

@ktb0513---I agree with you totally, but since there isn't an agree button anymore, I will just go back and like your posts! *insert another emotie here*
    The Stone Kings--my Random Royal Kingdom Challenge

Full of Beans--a Perfect Genetics, Midnight Sun, ISBI rolled into one challenge
    > @SimAdminn said:
    > Actually we have a new way to rank up to member and some lucky members can rank up to be moderators and get their own copies of The Sims 4. For a one time fee of $100 you can rank up now to member, and from member to moderator for another one time fee of $200.
    >
    > Yours sincerely, Level 1 Admin

feel a bit like this person is just trolling to get his posting powers back to past questionable things.......hmmm i am weary of you....NO money for you sorry glen coco
  • greenapplesgreenapples Posts: 37 Member
    > @Nirar22 said:
    > Aww man---and just when I finally made it past 50 points! 100 is now the magic number? *sad face* That is going to take me a really long time, I'm not much of a poster, more of a lurker, lol
    >
    > I'm not very fond of the new point system. You can't even use emoties, which is silly.

Same :( I rarely feel strongly to post. This is the only forum I known that does this. *ridiculous* smh
  • finefashionistafinefashionista Posts: 168 Member
    I can understand if they want to do it for people just registering now, but to take it away from people who already earned it is annoying.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top